Eyeline, Eyebrows and Lips over Three Months - Newport Beach, CA

I started by finding a groupon for permanent...

I started by finding a groupon for permanent eyeliner. I had my eyes done almost four years ago and was in dire need of a touch up but couldn't find my original aesthetician. I live in Newport Beach, CA where in which everything is 5x the price as it is in the rest of the world. So I turned to groupon. I was kind of scared to use someone for permanent makeup who I found on groupon, but I checked out the reviews and her website and decided to give it a go.

Svetlana, my artist used a numbing cream that wasn't used the first time I had my eyeliner done. It made a world of difference. The procedure was much more comfortable than I remembered. The eyeliner looked great but I made a follow up appointment as per her suggestion.

I went in for my follow up a month later and everything was perfect so I decided to do my brows. I was a bit scared because I have seen and heard some horror stories when it comes to brows. I don't wear makeup so I wanted a very natural look. I spent a long time discussing this with my artist. Again the brows came out perfect.

I went in for my scheduled follow up a month later and this time decided to do my lips. I was very scared to do my lips because again, I have seen some horrific results. I didn't want to look like one of the OC housewives with a giant painted mouth. So once again we spent a lot of time discussing color and my desired result.

The lips took a lot longer than did the eyes. I was fully informed that my lips would be swollen and very bright after the procedure. Nonetheless I was shocked when Svetlana was finally done. My lips were bright red, swollen and painful.

The next morning they were still swollen and started to peel. Again, I was fully informed that this would happen. However, I had to run errands with my boyfriend (who kindly told me that I looked ridiculous) and felt very self conscious. For the next three days I kept checking this and other sites looking at everyone's pictures. A orange colored crust formed around my mouth by the third and fourth day, and I went into a paranoid attack that my lips would be Kool-Aid orange for the rest of my life (even though I could see the coral pink color that we picked starting to come out).

Well now its been almost one week since I had my lips done and the orange peeling is almost gone. They are still peeling so I anticipate that they will get more defined in the up coming weeks. Nonetheless, I am very happy with the color and shape. I don't think (at least I'm hoping) that I will need any touch up at the time of my follow up. I think they look very natural, almost no color. Happily, my boyfriend agrees.

I'm so glad I found Svetlana. She is a true artist and a perfectionist! I highly recommend her!

Coming up on two weeks....

So my lips seem to be done with the heavy peeling. I think that they have a nice natural look. Even though I fully trust my aesthetician, I was pretty worried when they were first bright and swollen, and then through the initial peeling period. My follow up is in another two weeks. Hoping that I won't need any touch ups.

LIPS THREE WEEKS AFTER PERMANENT COLOR

Lips are continuing to heal. The right side seems to have a more definitive liner. I am hoping that the left will become more defined and lips will look more even as they continue to heal. I heard that it takes over a month for the lips to fully heal and the color appear?
permanent makeup by svetlana

I spent a lot of time talking with Svetlana about her experience and knowledge of permanent makeup techniques. She is great. Very professional and talented