Mommy Makeover Diary: A Dream Come True - Newport Beach, CA

This is really happening! My surgery time is at...

This is really happening! My surgery time is at 10am next Thursday, Dec. 27th!! I can't focus on anything but my surgery. I called and confirmed all my insurance amounts today and talked with my daughter; she is 19 years old. It's just her and I. I realize nothing is going to happen, but it's important to be prepared.

I met with many different PS's before decided on mine. I am 100% sure of my decision and know I am in great hands. I feel blessed that I can go to such an amazing PS. This is a dream come true! I'm so excited; but just want to get through surgery and any intense pain. Went to the store and picked up several things that I need for my surgery. This lists on this site are great! I really want to blog while I am recovering. It's helped me so much reading other stories on this site as I have been preparing and want to give back.

The thought of having firm, big boobs, a tight tummy and thinner thighs is almost more than I can imagine. I was in a very bad car accident in 2007 and off work for almost a year. I was in ICU for almost 3 weeks. I gained about 80lbs. I had already been about 40lbs overweight so the additional weight didn't help. I have since lost almost 130lbs and finally feel like I am getting my life back. This will be the icing on the cake. :)

How did it go????
Hi talldoll! I also did my mommy makeover on thurs, the 27th! How are you feeling? How did you get through the first week with New Years and everything going on? It has been weird for me sitting around doing nothing. I also have a daughter but she is only four years old and her father is not involved in our life anymore so it is just her and me. My parents are a huge help though. I hope you also have someone to help you out with daily tasks so you can get the rest you need! So I would love to ask, if you don't mind sharing, how you lost the weight: I am interested because I also was grossly overweight (215lbs at 5'1") and lost about 90lbs in the last year. It is really quite an accomplishment to lose such a significant amount of weight. I hope that you are as happy with your new body as I am so far! Even with the swelling, bruising, etc. I still think this surgery is amazing! Thanks for sharing your story with us! I hope to hear more from you. Best wishes and speedy recovery. :)
Hi Littlemommaduck - thanks for the message and congratulations on your weight loss!!! I can't beleive it's already been one week since our surgery. I am doing well. The pain is suprisingly nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I am starting to get antsy sitting around, but I know I need to take it slow in order to properly heal. I walked to the end of the street today where I can sit on a bench and see the ocean. I was very tired by the time I got back to the house. I'm just taking it slow eachday. I was able to take a shower yesterday. It took me forever, but it felt amazing! It also took me about an hour from the point I got in the shower until I got out and dried off. As far as help goes, I stayed in aftercare the I am so excited with the results. It's truly like a dream come true!!! My tummy is washboard flat and my boobs are amazing!!!! Just trying to be patient and heal. So excited I made it to the otherside and I am healing. I am so much fear about not waking up and then fear about the pain being unbearable. Well I am here!!! And the pain has been maye a 5 max on a scale of 1-10. Please share your experience and let me know how you are feeling. If you have any questions, please let me know.
I wasn't done responding and accidentely hit send. I stayed in aftercare the first night and then my sister stayed with me the next few nights. She is a CC nurse so I am very blessed to have had her here. My daugher heped me early on with getting up and down but now I am fine on my own, just moving very very slow. I lost my weight thru the vertical sleeve, google it. I was in a very bad car accident in 2007 and gained about 100 lbs. I had already been about 40lbs overweight. I tried to get the weight off on my own, but after multiple failed attempts and becoming very depressed I looked into surgery. I still feel like I cheated and took the easy way out, but I had to get the weight off and mentally it had taken me to a very depressed place. I am so happy I had the surgery and have had nothing but success!! I have lost 130lbs and feel like a totally different person. Fortunatley, I wasn't heavy for long so my body has bounced back fine and now with the surgery I am so excited about life!!!! Please let me know if you have any questions or want to know anything. Best of luck to you. Let's stay in touch.
That is so awesome. I also did the sleeve actually! I was sleeved in October 31, 2011. And I just reached my goal weight when I decided to do the mommy makeover. For me doing the gastric sleeve was one of the best decisions of my life! It is so good to talk to others who have been through the same thing as I did! I sometimes also feel like I "cheated" by doing the sleeve but I have done every diet you can imagine and nothing worked. Anyways, even the sleeve is not a miracle cure for obesity. I know people who got the sleeve and gained all the weight back. If you do not maintain, you can still get far. It is the same for you and me as it is for any other woman. Having the sleeve and now this mommy makeover has given me the body I always wanted which would have been impossible any other way, after having a child and breastfeeding. If you see how I looked a year ago compared to how I look now, you would not even recognize me. And that is awesome. I am so grateful for both these surgeries because I would not be this happy girl that I am now without it! So I say, go us! We are strong, brave women for doing what we did! I am proud! You should be too. :) If you want to talk to me, my personal email is elliotsmommy9@gmail.com and I am on facebook.com/mommyducky :)
Tall doll. How are you . I'm a dec 27th Tt too. Hope your doing well. Today is a much better day! Best wishes.
How did it go? Are you home resting?
Thinking of you and your big day tomorrow! You're gonna do great just do our best to stay calm. Are you getting thigh lipo or thigh lift?. I would love to trim a bit from my inner thighs.

Woo-hoo! Tomorrow! Please keep us posted. Will you be posting your before and after pics?

Congrats on that weight loss! You rock!

I'm looking forward to following your journey and I'd be excited to see any lists YOU come up with.