Full Body Lipo Sculpture @ 57 - Newport Beach, CA

I've wanted lipo for years! I'm 57, 5'4" 128#'s,...

I've wanted lipo for years! I'm 57, 5'4" 128#'s, active/workout regularly, but have never liked my thick thighs (chub rub on the inners & lumping on the outside of my hips & yes 1 side is lumpier than the other) & now that menopause has descendent upon me my waist is thickening & back fat is creeping in. I'm in So. CA so there is NO shortage of surgeons to choose from. I interviewed 10 surgeons. Decided it was VERY important to me that they be board cert. Plastic Surgeons. Mine will be a full body experience. At 57 I'm looking at everything from upper arms to knees!

I started getting cold feet & looked at non-invasive alternatives, ie: Exilis laser & Cool Sculpting. Either one would be 1/2 the cost (I'm looking at $10,000) of lipo but I'm thinking the results will be less significant & both are fairly new to the market.

At my age I am very concerned about the possibility of winding up with saggy skin. I've always been very soft tissued & I'm not as elastic as I used to be.

Also concerned with downtime & pain. When it's all said & done would I think the results were worth it.
I will be doing this for me. My husband & girlfriends think I look great the way I am. It's just with as hard as I workout I want my body to fully reflect that & be able to be comfortable wearing what I want.
1 1/2 yr ago my whole family went on the HCG diet for 3 wks & we all lost weight (Duh! It's basically a 500 cal. a day diet). I got down to 118#'s but I lost a cup size (which I have now regained with the 10 extra #'s) & my chest started looking boney. At my age you need some padding so you don't look gaunt.

Forgot to define 'Full Body' Lipo. Areas to be...

Forgot to define 'Full Body' Lipo. Areas to be addressed: upper arms, upper back, waist, flanks, hips, Upper & Lower stomach, Inner thighs, & knees.
10/23/2012 - Surgery Day. First he marked up my backside then 1/2 way thru marking up my front I got a little woozy & had to sit down for a few minutes. I think I was in surgery from about 8:30 to 1. My husband picked me up about 2:30. Wasn't really keeping track of time. My buttocks were the most sore right after. They were injected with my fat. Took a pain pill after I got home & ate a yogurt. Was very sore & tender but didn't do too bad that afternoon & eve. Did a few things at the computer. Was alright sitting but when I got up my lower stomach was very sore. Took a pain pill & an Ambien at 9:30 & slept till 3 when I had to get up to pee. Very painful to lower myself onto the toilet as I have an incision in the back of each thigh under my butt. Difficult to bend over to pick up anything off the floor. Kinda squat & bend or sometimes just don't bother. In terms of my compression garment with as many areas that were lipoed I wish I had gotten a 1 piece instead of a hi-waist girdle with straps & separate sleeves, as there is no compression under the arms. I think I see a difference in my waist but I'm so bloated everywhere else just going to have to wait & see.
10/24/2012 - Went for my Post-Op. They say I am doing well. They weighted me & I'm 8#'s more than pre-surg. You can see the bloating even in my hands & feet. Due to all the solution pumped in. He had wrapped my head in gauze so my face would have some compression as I slept. I like the effect of the fat transfer to my face just hope it takes. Just depends on if the injected fat can create a blood supply for itself. Dr. wants me to limit fluid intake to 4 glasses a day to try to force the body to purge the excess fluid already there. Difficult for me as I'm a big water drinker.

Fri. Just to clarify I did NOT get a BBL...

Fri. Just to clarify I did NOT get a BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift). that is done using implants. I simply had fat injected into my buttocks to try to offset the sagging. At my age (57) don't want lipo in the banana roll area could wind up with flapping skin & don't want the scar, or recovery, of a lower body lift. I'm doing pretty good.Most pain was the day after surg. Had surg Tues. the anesthesia was probably still wearing off till early Wed. morning. Took a Oxycodone & an Ambien Tues. b4 bed @ 9:30 & still woke up at 3:00 to pee. Then never really got back to a deep sleep. Had my Post-op at 11:45. Said I was doing well & that if I needed to go ahead & take the pain med every 31/2 hrs or so. Then Th. was able to back off to every 5-6 hrs. Today I took one when I got up 7am & didn't take another till 2:45. I started walking the dogs again yesterday, so they only missed 2 days. Th. I walked them am & pm as I think a lite walk is good for my circulation. They're small dogs under 20#'s & we only go about 1/2 a mile for now. Plus I was so constipated thought it would help that too. My husband & daughter said it looked like I needed some relief. Finally did poo today. Very hard & a somewhat painful. Hoping for an actual BM tomorrow. I am still quite bloated/swollen & expect to be for the first few weeks. Will update with pics when I start to see the swelling going down.

Sun. ~ For those of you who have asked I had...

Sun. ~ For those of you who have asked I had General Anesthesia. I also had General 21/2 yrs. ago when I had my face lift. I've never had a problem with it but I know others have had a lot of nausea from it. I went home that afternoon & daughter brought home Chinese take out & I had no problem eating it & keeping it down. No nausea just leaves me groggy & constipated. & the pain meds don't help with the constipation either. I've included a pic of me in the compression garment (taken Sat.) cause I haven't seen a post of this. I got 2 separate pieces. 1 starts under the bust & goes to below the knees with straps. The sleeves are separate ^& hook together in the back like a bra. The main thing I didn't like about this arrangement is that there was little to no compression for my upper back behind armpits where he did do some fat removal & my bra didn't come up high enough either. I ended up wearing a tight workout top. It came up a bit higher & was tighter than my bra. Still waiting to post after shots till swelling goes down as I'm not seeing much differance even tho' my daughter & husband say they do. The fat injection to the face is still doing well. Like haveing some cheeks on my face finally :-)

Fri. 11/9 ~ So it's been 16 days since my surgery...

Fri. 11/9 ~ So it's been 16 days since my surgery Tues. 10/23. & even I am seeing the results! So am now adding my after pics to my review, although Dr. Anton says the results will continue to improve till about the 2 month mark. For those of you who care I'm going to state my measurement changes (Dr. Anton said he took 3-4 #'s out). They aren't major but I think they made a significant diff.:
Upper Arm 11" to 101/2"
Under Bust 31" to 30"
Waist 30" to 29"
Hips 36" to 361/2" (I had Fat Injection)
Thigh 21" to 201/2" (couldn't be aggressive due to skin laxity)
I can now switch from the Compression Garment (aka: The Torture Chamber) to Spanx type garment. However I continue to wear the surgical compression garment when I'm home & at nite, sleeping. The only thing with wearing it to bed is that now that the swelling & bloating has subsided if I lay on my side the zipper digs into me & wakes me up. So have to add extra padding in those spots. Dr. gave me some 5"x9" ABD Pads (kinda thick & cottony). I used folded wash cloths 1 nite & that worked well (may go back to it). I think if you had some thin foam you could cut to fit that would be ideal. Saw some on ContourMD website 8x11 for $7.50 a piece, wish I had ordered some.
Gotta go now, have a hair appt. But wanted to get these pics posted. If you have any ?'s just shoot 'em my way & I'll try to get to 'em as soon as I can.
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Found him thru the Internet. I know an Aesthetician who is familiar with his work & raved about him as the best Breast man around based on his apparent skill at body proportion & his precision. At my consult based on photos, certifications & conversation he impressed me as extremely knowledgeable, competent & a perfectionist, which I value in a surgeon. Even his office was tranquil, pristine & well laid out. I had 3 very solid choices. Dr. Anton was in the middle price wise. In the end it just came down to going with my gut, trusting that he would do the best he could for me. A balancing act, as aggressive as he can without causing complications. I'm not expecting to have a 30 year old body, just a better me.