Chin Lipo Has No Results - Newport Beach, CA

I have wanted to have chin liposuction since I...

I have wanted to have chin liposuction since I lost weight a few years back. I lost the weight, but in my neck area under my chin there is fat that I cannot seem to get rid of. So after a long time of research and considering it, I went and had a consultation. Let me tell you, please please have more than one consultation. The doctor I met with has a good reputation on this site, so I was like, "he must be the best in the location I was looking in." Even though whenever I met with him, he was rushed, acted as though he really didnt have time for me. He left the consultation a couple times to check on other patients or follow ups. I felt like he was not even paying attention. But the other side of it was, ok, I am sure neck lipo is not a big thing for him, he knows I want the fat out right? Well, he clearly was not listening to any of my concerns or problem areas that I wanted to fix. He took my money and said he knew what he was doing and that I am going to love the results.
Fast forward to 8 months after the surgery and I looks the same as I did before. I expressed this on different occasions meeting with him. He then tells me I need another procedure done that will cost 5000 dollars more. Okay....If this other procedure was needed, why did you let me do the liposuction in the first place? I feel so lame for giving someone 2300 bucks when I knew in my heart that he wasn't going to attempt to satisfy me, his customer. I was patient and hopeful. I did everything I was supposed to do. I have friends that tell me I look the same as I did before I got it done. I asked what the doctor plans to do, and they said my option is to undergo another surgery. He never should have taken my money if he knew it might not give me the result I was asking for. Remember to think twice and look for a surgeon that doesnt have just a good amount of stars on RealSelf, but a Doctor who specializes in the area you want to change. I will obviously recover from the money I threw away, but what a waste. I even asked for like some sort of discount on Juvederm or something to soften the blow...But nope. They get you in, take your money, and then your on your own. Go somewhere that the surgeon doesn't act like he has to be some place else. And a place where they stand by their work, and offer you more lipo if they didnt get it out the first try. I cannot recommend this doctor to my network of vain individuals ;) :( I really wanted to because the ladies at the front desk are so kind, but that doesn't make up for the fact that this doctor hasn't done anything to satisfy me as a client. I understand sometimes people do not have the results they are hoping for, but I have zero results. So sad, shame on me for not going with my instinct.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were expecting.  Are you willing to share some before and after pics so we can see what you are talking about?

I do not wish to have my face on the internet yet, but maybe when I am more comfortable with it. Thank you.
No worries, totally understandable.  You can always crop them so we can only see your lower face, but no pressure- only do what you are comfortable with.

Are you planning on trying another surgery with a different doctor, or any other treatment?  Or are you opting to live with what you have?  Just curious, I'm guessing you are probably not interested in spending more money after this experience.
I will be researching more doctors to see qualifications as well as research other patients on Realself to see if anyone has my same concerns. I have already found so much through this website. I am willing to put forth money, but to a doctor who specializes in facial plastic surgery. I love this site because there are so many personal testimonies. Thank you.
Here is a link to the results for all the Facial Plastic Surgeons in the LA area- you can click on a profile to see all the reviews for that particular doctor.  If they have any special credentials you will see it listed after their name (like FACS for example).

Here is a link to the results for all the RealSelf doctors who perform Chin Liposuction in the LA area.  You could cross reference the lists to find the Facial Plastic Surgeons who do Chin Lipo, then read reviews and reach out to other users before you pick a few to do consultations with.

I hope that helps!  Good luck with your research.  I'm so glad you love the site and are able to find real information- that is why we exist!  :)