Don't Ever Get Radiesse in the Nasolobial Area - Newport Beach, CA

I had Radiesse injected in this area 3 1/2 years...

I had Radiesse injected in this area 3 1/2 years ago and it's still mostly there! I had 2 syringes done (one on each side) & it left me overfilled. every year that passes, I keep checking it to see if it's gone down and it barely dissolves. I've spoken with my doctor about this (the one who injected me) & he said the original studies on radiesse were that it lasted 4 years. Please spare me all you doctors that say "oh, you must have something else in there" or "it can't possibly be radiesse after this long". I can ASSURE you, it's still there!

My body wouldn't produce a big tube of collagen around my mouth & up towards my nose on it's own. I am just so sick & tired of seeing all these plastic surgeons that don't even know the history of radiesse & constantly say "it can't possibly be radiesse after a year". Really? come & feel my face & it explain that.

I SAW the brand name Radiesse when the doctor injected me with it - so I KNOW it's Radiesse. I finally found a doctor that admitted that Radiessse typically will last 5-7 years. So beware everyone! don't ever let anyone inject it into you! it's not reversable, you can't remove it (no good doctor will cut it out of you), and it weighs down your face. it's a horrible filler!

Hi niki,

Oh my 4 years is a long time. You might want to ask your doctor about Hyaluronidase, a number of community members have used it to get rid of Radiesse. We'd love to hear how things progress.

Thanks,!

-Britt

Sorry - Hyaluronidase only works with hyaluronic acid based fillers (like restylane & juvederm). Radiesse is entirely different (although my doctor DID initially try to spread out the filler with hyaluronidase - but, sadly, it did nothing). I warn others since radiese CANNOT be dissolved - other than time (and it's a while). And I don't want others to go through what I've gone through (and waste their money in the process)
Im having nightmare after reading your post

It's now been 4 years and it's still in my face -...

it's now been 4 years and it's still in my face - almost like it was just done! I don't know what to do. i've ready saline injections don't really dissolve it - they just smooth it out. at this point, i'm ready to get a small vibrator & hold it up to my face where the radiesse is & hope it will dissolve faster.
i can't believe how the manufacturer lies! this stuff is horrible!
It seems the problem is that your doctor's lack of expertise resulted in him using more product than needed. Waste of money? As I contemplate my upcoming appointment, after a bit less than a year since the last - I can only fantasize about the results lasting for 4 years! That would save me close to $3,000 if I didn't have to go in once a year to have it done again. Your body chemistry must be different than most, or perhaps the doctor's technique and where the injection was made was a factor. I keep hoping a new filler that lasts longer than Radiesse is developed. In the meantime, it's the longest I am aware of, so I'll keep sinking $1500 - $2000 per year into it as long as I can scrape up the funds.
radiesse not a soft filler. it's more like cement & doesn't move softly like your own fat. It's still. I've read how, atleast some doctors know this & won't use it (they describe it as giving the face a wooden-like smile). & they're right. Just because something lasts for years, doesn't make it desirable. One should really decide if you want a stiff looking joker-smile for 5-10 years? As a side note, my body chemistry isn't different than others. I've had several women come forward to me & share the same problem & how the product won't go away - years later.

It's now been 5 YEARS & I still have radiesse ...

It's now been 5 YEARS & I still have radiesse still located in sides of my mouth. One side much thicker than the other. It was originally placed in my nasiolabal lines - but it was overfilled (2 syringes) - & I was only 40 at the time with light lines - not heavy ones. I've tried having saline injected to dissolve it - doesn't work. I've tried massaging it with my electric toothbrush -nope.
Please note - it is NOT scar tissue or collagen! (& YES - it is radiesse - I saw the box that the doctor removed it from).
I can literally still feel the tubes of filler there - exactly where it was injected 5 years ago. My mouth still has a joker like smile - because the radiesse does NOT mimic fat - it's more like bone & it's stiff & un-movable. The doctor clearly overfilled me & lightly said - "well, if you don't like it - we can always cut it out." (yet - after a few days & going back to him - he said he could never do that!).

I'm now looking for a board certified facial plastic surgeon to surgically cut out the radiesse from the inside of my mouth. (orange county, CA area).

Do any of you doctors reading this have ANY experience or can you recommend any plastic surgeon you know that would be able to do this? I'm so so tired of this - the affected areas literally protrude out from the rest of my face & make me look OLDER!!!