25 Yr Old Chipmunk Girl - Newport Beach, CA

I'm an underweight 25 year old with a naturally...

I'm an underweight 25 year old with a naturally round/wide face and full cheeks of an 8 year old. The bottom half of my face is full with extra fat padding. I tried botox to thin out the bottom half of my face but it didn't yield the sculpted look that I'm hoping for. I then researched ways to get rid of unwanted facial fat. I read reviews after reviews on buccal fat removal, chin implant, facial liposuction, etc. etc. After reading the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and look for a reputable surgeon. I found Dr. Sajjadian. I chose to meet with him since he specialize in facial plastic surgery and has done the procedure before. I booked for a complimentary consultation on 02/11/2014. The staff were really nice. They made me feel good about myself and even discouraged me to do anything with my "pretty face". That gesture translated to me as integrity. They are not there to make money but to help people feel good about themselves. However, I started doubting my decision.

Dr. Sajjadian then came and asked me what my concerns were. I told him my concerns about my face, concerns about recovery, concerns about looking hollow etc. etc. etc. He listened to every rant I had and addressed my concerns accordingly. He examined my face, told me what he saw (disproportionate amount of buccal fat based on my weight and superficial fat on top of my lower jaw muscles that caused pre-jowling!). He was able to see what was causing my concerns when I couldn't even pinpoint it myself. He then told me the recommended treatments based on my expectations (natural look, discreet, and minimal recovery time). I booked the surgery the same day. Paid $500 to schedule an outpatient procedure on 02/14/14. I came back on 02/12/2014 to write the check of $4400 (should have been 5400 but I got a $1000 discount) and they got my prescription called in. 02/13/2014, I picked up my prescription for diazepam, hydrocodone and cephalexin at the nearby CVS.

02/14/2014, my sister dropped me off at the office. I was super nervous and Dr. Sajjadian recognized that. He gave me M&Ms to eat and then gave me 2 diazepam and 1 hydrocodone. I was awake during the surgery. No pain, just a bit of tugging and pulling here and there. No problem. I came out of the surgery a little swollen but I felt fine. In fact, I was feeling well enough to do ballet in the reception area (I had to be reminded of this on my next visit).

I vaguely remember a call from Dr. Sajjadian later that day asking how I'm feeling. I told him that I'm just taking a nap.

24 hours after the surgery - There barely was any pain. I didn't take any pain meds, just the antibiotics and bromelain. I was super swollen though. I should have taken his advise and slept upright. My idea of sleeping upright was using a pillow (I usually like sleeping flat on my back). Anyway, I used cold compress to help with the pain. I would put ice on my face until I get brain freeze. I did this for one week. I later on realized that, you shouldn't put ice on your face for more than 15 minutes (I was doing 1+hr on each cheek).

1 week after surgery - the swelling barely came down. I came to his office for a scheduled post op visit. He asked how my recovery has been. He then took off the tape on my face, told me to stop with the antibiotics and continue with bromelain. No more cold compresss, just warm compress from then on.

1 week + 1 day - The swelling went down considerably. I started going out more.

3 weeks after surgery - I'm starting to see results. I've been taking photos of my face in different angles and I liked what I saw.

It's been more than a month now and I'm really happy with my progress. I can't wait to see the final results in a few more months.

This is soooo helpful. I want to do exactly these two procedures. Was the lipo along the jawline and under the chin? Can you see any incision marks? How much did u tell them to take out from the buccal fat? Do you notice any skin tightness issues? Sorry for all the questions :) you look Amazing by the way.
The lipo was along the jawline. You cants see the incisions inside (buccal removal) and outside (facial lipo). You will have some stitches in a week, but it will disappear in no time. I just told my dr what I wanted to look like. He was the one who made the call of doing partial removal. Of course he told me what he will do and I agreed. I wasnt able to open my mouth too wide for 2 weeks. Helped me lose a bit of weight. Hahaha! Other than that, im back to my old self. Its good that u ask questions and im more than happy to answer. :)
Did he have any before and after pics ... or you just went for it?
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sajjadian is amazing. He has a good eye, knowledgeable, experienced, and he truly cares for his patients. He is honest and will set a realistic expectation. I had a buccal fat removal with facial liposuction (lower jaw) and he did an incredible job. I highly recommend him!