25 Yr Old Chipmunk Girl - Newport Beach, CA

I'm an underweight 25 year old with a naturally...

I'm an underweight 25 year old with a naturally round/wide face and full cheeks of an 8 year old. The bottom half of my face is full with extra fat padding. I tried botox to thin out the bottom half of my face but it didn't yield the sculpted look that I'm hoping for. I then researched ways to get rid of unwanted facial fat. I read reviews after reviews on buccal fat removal, chin implant, facial liposuction, etc. etc. After reading the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and look for a reputable surgeon. I found Dr. Sajjadian. I chose to meet with him since he specialize in facial plastic surgery and has done the procedure before. I booked for a complimentary consultation on 02/11/2014. The staff were really nice. They made me feel good about myself and even discouraged me to do anything with my "pretty face". That gesture translated to me as integrity. They are not there to make money but to help people feel good about themselves. However, I started doubting my decision.

Dr. Sajjadian then came and asked me what my concerns were. I told him my concerns about my face, concerns about recovery, concerns about looking hollow etc. etc. etc. He listened to every rant I had and addressed my concerns accordingly. He examined my face, told me what he saw (disproportionate amount of buccal fat based on my weight and superficial fat on top of my lower jaw muscles that caused pre-jowling!). He was able to see what was causing my concerns when I couldn't even pinpoint it myself. He then told me the recommended treatments based on my expectations (natural look, discreet, and minimal recovery time). I booked the surgery the same day. Paid $500 to schedule an outpatient procedure on 02/14/14. I came back on 02/12/2014 to write the check of $4400 (should have been 5400 but I got a $1000 discount) and they got my prescription called in. 02/13/2014, I picked up my prescription for diazepam, hydrocodone and cephalexin at the nearby CVS.

02/14/2014, my sister dropped me off at the office. I was super nervous and Dr. Sajjadian recognized that. He gave me M&Ms to eat and then gave me 2 diazepam and 1 hydrocodone. I was awake during the surgery. No pain, just a bit of tugging and pulling here and there. No problem. I came out of the surgery a little swollen but I felt fine. In fact, I was feeling well enough to do ballet in the reception area (I had to be reminded of this on my next visit).

I vaguely remember a call from Dr. Sajjadian later that day asking how I'm feeling. I told him that I'm just taking a nap.

24 hours after the surgery - There barely was any pain. I didn't take any pain meds, just the antibiotics and bromelain. I was super swollen though. I should have taken his advise and slept upright. My idea of sleeping upright was using a pillow (I usually like sleeping flat on my back). Anyway, I used cold compress to help with the pain. I would put ice on my face until I get brain freeze. I did this for one week. I later on realized that, you shouldn't put ice on your face for more than 15 minutes (I was doing 1+hr on each cheek).

1 week after surgery - the swelling barely came down. I came to his office for a scheduled post op visit. He asked how my recovery has been. He then took off the tape on my face, told me to stop with the antibiotics and continue with bromelain. No more cold compresss, just warm compress from then on.

1 week + 1 day - The swelling went down considerably. I started going out more.

3 weeks after surgery - I'm starting to see results. I've been taking photos of my face in different angles and I liked what I saw.

It's been more than a month now and I'm really happy with my progress. I can't wait to see the final results in a few more months.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sajjadian is amazing. He has a good eye, knowledgeable, experienced, and he truly cares for his patients. He is honest and will set a realistic expectation. I had a buccal fat removal with facial liposuction (lower jaw) and he did an incredible job. I highly recommend him!

Did you only do bucchal fat removal, nothing for the lower jaw area? You look great.
I did partial buccal fat removal + lower jaw facial lipo.
You look really great, I just had under the chin lipo and I think I'm going to do buccal fat removal next month. How bad was the pain?
Pain wasn't bad at all. I took xanax and vicodin before the surgery. They also gave me local anesthetics during the procedure. I didn't take any other pain meds after that.
Hope to see more updates. You look good
great
omg 4400 dollar for buccal fat removal in oz ? it only cost 500 in hatyai, thailand with one of the well known and best doctor there with years of experience
Hi Ezria, Money is always a consideration, but it was not my priority when I had this done. It's more on the results as well as the safety of the procedure. Besides, with plane tickets, transportation, hotel etc., I'm sure that it would have cost me the same (if I had this done in Thailand). But hey, going to Thailand may be the best option for other people :D
ull be amazed with what u can get in thailand hunny ... with that 4400 u not only get buccal fat removal but also a holiday , and if u add few more thousands u can get more ...ive done some procedures recently. im going to do buccal fat in hatyai that only cost 400 dollar and its one of the best doctor, hes a very high reputation and always busy so u need to book 3 months in advance, i had my boobs job with him 4 yrs ago..
I'm glad that you found a great doctor with great price. Let me know how it all go with your procedures. I'd love to hear about it :)
I am considering this to be done on my cheeks. I wonder are they look stil like the picture you have uploaded ?
Hi Jinifromkorea94! I will be posting some more photos soon and I'll let you be the judge. My face is more toned but not necessarily gaunt (which usually cause aging effects). I'm very happy!
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

How are your results now it's been another couple of weeks, are they still progressing?
Thank you Kirsty. There were dramatic results by 1.5 month and has progressed much slower since. However, again, I didn't expect/want a dramatic change. Didn't want my face to look gaunt. My face is toned, sharper and a less chipmunky :) I will be posting more photos on the second month (April 14)