Explant .. Best decision of my life! August 21, 2013 - Newport Beach, CA

Hi, First of all I want to thank all whom have...

Hi, First of all I want to thank all whom have shared their stories on here. I have been researching this procedure for almost 6 months and am counting down the days until surgery. I am 46 years old, and have 360cc saline, over the muscle, implants for almost 20 years. After much research and 3 consultations, I have chosen a doctor in Southern California. I am having an explant, en bloc, mastopexy and fat grafting, on August 21, 2013. My right breast is encapsulated and has been causing much pain for many years. I have also recently been diagnosed with an auto immune disorder (which I believe is a result of my implants). I teach swim lessons, therefore, I am unable to do the surgery any sooner. I am not as concerned about the way my breasts look after surgery, as I am with how I feel. I will post before and after and welcome any comments.

I have decided to NOT do the fat grafting!.

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful stories. I welcome any comments, especially if you have had explant, en bloc, mastopexy and fat grafting. The more stories I read on here, the more I am convinced that the grafting is unnecessary. I am ready to embrace the smallness and "real-ness" of my breasts!

6 weeks to go and counting down the days!!

It has been several weeks since my last update and eventhough I have not had my surgery yet, I thought I would just send a quick update. My right breast (the most encapsulated) is so sore and seems to getting harder and more painful every day. My MD, who is mainly a natural doc is not convinced, however, that having the implants removed is going to take the pain away and make all my symptoms go away. She is concerned that opening me up is too risky..."let them be". I say NO WAY. The more stories I read on RS convinces me that getting them out will be far less harmful to my body, in the long run. I understand that anytime you have surgery, you are inviting infection and disease into your body. But, I feel that with a proper diet and loading up on supplements, I will be okay. I am SO glad I did not have my surgery months ago, as originally planned. I would have done the fat grafting and I have since changed my mind. I am SO excited to have little one's again!! I don't care if I end up a double A cup. I never thought I would miss sleeping on my stomach so much. But, the more it is mentioned here on RS, the more I can't wait!! So much to look forward to....or should I say, so LITTLE to look forward to, hehe ;-)

8 days to go!!

I called PS to confirm yesterday and I was off by a day. Surgery is scheduled for the 22nd. I'm so excited (all consumed) with my upcoming surgery, words cannot express! Is this normal?! Also, this may be a stupid question, but, would it hurt to have a glass of wine the night before surgery?

Less than 48 hours, yay!!!

Well my friends, here are the last photos I will be taking with my big toxic bags:) I am so excited I cannot sleep! I'm not nervous at all and feeling confident, no matter what the outcome. At first, I was thinking, I hope I have breast tissue. But, now, being able to see and hear the results of all of you who have gone before me, I will be happy with whatever God gives me. More pics in a few days. I covet all of your prayers girls:) thank you!

Almost Free!

Tried to post these earlier, but service isn't great here.

Almost free!

Right side ... Most encapsulated and painful. Praying for relief after explant.

Girls are out!!

Just got home, ate some soup, took a pain pill and ready to go night night:) thank you for all of your prayer, ladies.. God heard!

Bye Bye Toxic Rocks!!

I feel SO good! ! Just got back from my post op. I get to shower tomorrow. Drains will stay in until next Thursday:)

2 days Post Explant

Here are the girls, 2 days old! Feeling great!

Flat and Happy:)

Side view

Calling on the fluff fairy

Itchy Stitchy!!

Is it normal to itch SO bad?! I haven't had a lot of pain, but am having to take my pain med's regularly because of the itching (where the stitching is).. It all started last night..so, day 5 after surgery. Did any of you experience this, post op?

Love my little babies!

It has been 8 days and drains are removed. I need to do a better job of cleaning them, but so far, I'm very happy with the result. I'm off all pain med's and driving for the first time:)

Pics at 8 days post op

Steve Madden bra, purchased at Nordstrom.. Super soft and comfy.

2 weeks post op and feeling SO good!!

Hello my frends,
I am now 15 days post op and I cannot believe how good I feel. I am not at all sore or tender. It is weird..I don't feel like I had surgery at all. I have been off pain meds since last week. I'm still not lifting anything over about 20 lbs. And, trying to listen to my body. I feel like mine may be fluffing a little, but still boxy. I am looking forward to starting the silicone scar treatment strips in a few weeks. I have had many ask if I had lost weight or been working out. A few have said it has taken years off of my. Yay!! My only regret is not doing this 10 years ago!

I'm a what??!!

Hi Ladies,
I went to Nordstrom yesterday and got fitted for my first post-surgery bra. I washed shocked when the gal told me that I am a 34D. I actually ended up buying a 34 C because I was in denial! Are my girls going to continue to fluff? Are they still swollen and maybe they will decrease a bit in size?? My doc told me I would probably be no more than a B cup. I am happy with them, I just didn't expect to end up this big.

It's been 28 days :)

Hello Everyone, I am at day 28 and SO happy with my decision! I have full energy, and then some! I have virtually NO pain,, except, the other day when I decided to jog for a bit. Bad idea. I felt fine until the next day. Here are some update pics..

Almost 2 months post op-Severe allergy to scar strips

Hello Ladies, I have not posted pics in a while but I have decided to wait until mine heal further. I had a major set-back, as I developed a major allergy to the silicone scar strips prescribed by my PS. I was healing so nicely. I looked and felt better than I had for 20 years...I even had several people ask me if I had facework done, saying that my complexion had looked amazing! So, anyway, the doc prescribed very expensive silicone scar strips strips, to be worn at all times, except when showering. I started out a few hours a day, and the minute I put them on, it felt as though I had my implants put back in! I had pain, stinging, burning, fatigue and shooting pains. Not to mention, redness and swelling around my incisions. After consulting my PS about this problem, he said it is common to have sensitivity and to wear them less frequently. I continued to take his advice until I could take it no longer. Last week (9 days ago) I woke up with a fever, my breasts were swollen, hot, bleeding in areas and oozing pus. I have now been on antibiotics for a a week and I am feeling like I am "on the mend". There are still a few very raw spots (where the skin has literally pulled away and formed holes, at the incisions). I am very sad that I did not trust my first instincts, when I started feeling sick the first time I wore the scar strips. But, I am thankful I am okay, and praying my breasts will not end up with permanent scarring, as a result. I caution all of you who feel you might have an allergy to silicone, like me. Think twice about purchasing the scar strips. They are extremely expensive $150. And, there are scar ointments, etc, that work very well and are not harmful. I will stick to essential oils and vitamin E :)

A few set backs:(

Hi Everyone,
I am STILL healing from that horrible infection I got because of the silicone strips. Now my internal stitches are working their way out of my body. Poking out of the scars... I've cut several inches of ( what looks and feels like fishing line), off my incision lines! With the way my body has reacted thus far, I can't believe it didn't spit those hard saline balls out years ago!!
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chun, his staff and everyone at the surgery center was wonderful! Very professional, straightforward, and personable. I'm thrilled with my result and highly recommend Dr. Chun :)

Hi, Your after pic's look beautiful. Just went for a consult with Dr. Chun. Are you happy you went with him? Or would you have rather gone with another Doctor? Thank u, Lisaroxy
Its been a while since you posted, did you conquer the infection? Just wanted to check in, you look beautiful!
Hi there! I was wondering how you are healing up now that a couple more months have passed? I hope all's going well :)
I have been using the scar strips religiously and my surgery was 2 months ago and my scars are practically invisible! I ran out of the strips last week, so put vitamin E oil on and two areas that were not quite healed, flared up painfully, got all infected and formed two blisters!!! It was so painful, I could barely sleep! Ran out and got the silicone strips again and they are back to healing....I guess every body is different.
I decided against the silicone scar strips bc of your story--thank you!!
You are looking great! I didn't have the reaction to the scar strips. My implants were saline and never had any bad reaction to them over the years, but just the 'double bubble' effect from under the muscle. My scars from my first lift in 1999 were terrible and wide, but this time around, you can hardly see some of them! I may switch to coconut oil or Vitamin E oil soon. I really appreciated that I had my explant first and then 6 weeks later the lift, as I believe it allowed the circulation and nerve endings to grow back and now I have all my lost sensation back!! Best fringe benefit so far! ;D Plus I only had to have the drains after the first in office explant surgery and not at the lift!
Sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for the warning. I use coconut oil. It's natural and has healing properties.
Thank you Pink. I LOVE coconut oil and use it often too:) it is a natural antibacterial and antifungal. Not to mention it smells heavenly;-)
Thankful for your info on the scar strips but so sorry you had such a hard time!
Thanks for letting us know...I will likely be recommended them next week :0
I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the heads up on the strips. :-) I can't believe the lady thought you were a D. You totally look like a B to me. You look great in your photos. Happy healing sweetie!
Thank you, I'm feeling much better:) i think I've settled into a C cup.. I love the Calvin Klein no wire bra.. Super comfy and has a small hook in back, to wear as racer back.
I was told at one of my consults that sometimes stitches untie and make their way out of the body. I guess it's fairly common to get a few that get pushed out of the body. Hopefully, it's not too uncomfortable for you.
Aren't internal stitches meant to dissolve. Ouch! Can the PS do anything or just time? I am so sorry. Makes my long lasting itching from heart monitor seem like nothing. Are you still the same size or shrinking? I think I am still shrinking. Hope you are better soon.
Yes, they are but I guess at the 2 month mark, this can occur. I appear to be the same size.. Not shrinking, but definitely taking shape. Ill post more pics soon:)
Sorry to hear that..Desitin works well...so does coconut oil and of course time. Hey girlie, time to change your heading from 'scheduled' to 'Done'!! Huggzz xx
I know! I've tried.. Can't figure out how to do it, lol!
Oh, I am so sorry! If you react to silicone like that, imagine how your body felt with silicone inside it. I think even saline implants have a silicone shell.
Oh Mama, sorry to hear about your setback. I was wondering myself if I should try the scar strips again after the surgery. I used them the first time around and my scars did not heal great...in fact they are still very dark and pigmented. I'm not sure if the silicone strips had anything to do with that, but I was thinking that since I wore them religiously along with using coco butter and other oils that I wasn't sure if they were worth the cost or hassle to do them again. I was reading that some surgeons just recommend keeping them taped up for 4-8 weeks until they get flat and then start using oils. Thanks for sharing your experience though, because it now makes me think about possibly having a reaction to the silicone.
Welcome! I'm happy to share:) when I researched reactions to silicone, I came up with nothing! So surprised! I should've gone with my gut instinct when the symptoms started. My body was just getting used to having NO silicone, ugh! I hope my poor breasts recover!
I'm so sorry about your reaction! My incisions after implanting got opening in them and formed sores so I know the feeling! I hope they heal nicely for you! My ps cut through my sores for my removal so that way I wouldn't have an abnormal scar. I think that's part of the reason mine sting so bad.
I know you had drains but did your incisions sting right after? Mine are soo bad! My ps left little wholes through out my incisions so if I had any draining it could seep out and not build up. Are you still fluffing? Does your PS tell you to massage or anything like that? Yours look really good and have a nice shape!
Thank you. I literally had no pain until 1 month post op, when I was advised to use the silicone scar strips. I am a full C and I love the way they are looking more natural and less square. Sorry to hear about yours, previous surgery. I'm not really massaging mine.. Wasn't told to by PS. Are you putting anything on the incisions?
Your welcome. I hope I don't develop any pain, I had so much previous my body is just done. I hope mine look close to yours. I started out originally with very little tissue. I'm going to see if I can get my pre ba pictures from my ps today. No, I wasn't given or told to put anything on incisions other than the gauze to protect them. I've heard some great things about the silicone strip but after your accident I'm a little hesitant. I'm asking my ps today about using a pill or cream form of vitamin E. It's natural and good for your body anyways.