Explant .. Best decision of my life! August 21, 2013 - Newport Beach, CA

Hi, First of all I want to thank all whom have...

Hi, First of all I want to thank all whom have shared their stories on here. I have been researching this procedure for almost 6 months and am counting down the days until surgery. I am 46 years old, and have 360cc saline, over the muscle, implants for almost 20 years. After much research and 3 consultations, I have chosen a doctor in Southern California. I am having an explant, en bloc, mastopexy and fat grafting, on August 21, 2013. My right breast is encapsulated and has been causing much pain for many years. I have also recently been diagnosed with an auto immune disorder (which I believe is a result of my implants). I teach swim lessons, therefore, I am unable to do the surgery any sooner. I am not as concerned about the way my breasts look after surgery, as I am with how I feel. I will post before and after and welcome any comments.

I have decided to NOT do the fat grafting!.

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful stories. I welcome any comments, especially if you have had explant, en bloc, mastopexy and fat grafting. The more stories I read on here, the more I am convinced that the grafting is unnecessary. I am ready to embrace the smallness and "real-ness" of my breasts!

6 weeks to go and counting down the days!!

It has been several weeks since my last update and eventhough I have not had my surgery yet, I thought I would just send a quick update. My right breast (the most encapsulated) is so sore and seems to getting harder and more painful every day. My MD, who is mainly a natural doc is not convinced, however, that having the implants removed is going to take the pain away and make all my symptoms go away. She is concerned that opening me up is too risky..."let them be". I say NO WAY. The more stories I read on RS convinces me that getting them out will be far less harmful to my body, in the long run. I understand that anytime you have surgery, you are inviting infection and disease into your body. But, I feel that with a proper diet and loading up on supplements, I will be okay. I am SO glad I did not have my surgery months ago, as originally planned. I would have done the fat grafting and I have since changed my mind. I am SO excited to have little one's again!! I don't care if I end up a double A cup. I never thought I would miss sleeping on my stomach so much. But, the more it is mentioned here on RS, the more I can't wait!! So much to look forward to....or should I say, so LITTLE to look forward to, hehe ;-)

8 days to go!!

I called PS to confirm yesterday and I was off by a day. Surgery is scheduled for the 22nd. I'm so excited (all consumed) with my upcoming surgery, words cannot express! Is this normal?! Also, this may be a stupid question, but, would it hurt to have a glass of wine the night before surgery?

Less than 48 hours, yay!!!

Well my friends, here are the last photos I will be taking with my big toxic bags:) I am so excited I cannot sleep! I'm not nervous at all and feeling confident, no matter what the outcome. At first, I was thinking, I hope I have breast tissue. But, now, being able to see and hear the results of all of you who have gone before me, I will be happy with whatever God gives me. More pics in a few days. I covet all of your prayers girls:) thank you!

Almost Free!

Tried to post these earlier, but service isn't great here.

Almost free!

Right side ... Most encapsulated and painful. Praying for relief after explant.

Girls are out!!

Just got home, ate some soup, took a pain pill and ready to go night night:) thank you for all of your prayer, ladies.. God heard!

Bye Bye Toxic Rocks!!

I feel SO good! ! Just got back from my post op. I get to shower tomorrow. Drains will stay in until next Thursday:)

2 days Post Explant

Here are the girls, 2 days old! Feeling great!

Flat and Happy:)

Side view

Calling on the fluff fairy

Itchy Stitchy!!

Is it normal to itch SO bad?! I haven't had a lot of pain, but am having to take my pain med's regularly because of the itching (where the stitching is).. It all started last night..so, day 5 after surgery. Did any of you experience this, post op?

Love my little babies!

It has been 8 days and drains are removed. I need to do a better job of cleaning them, but so far, I'm very happy with the result. I'm off all pain med's and driving for the first time:)

Pics at 8 days post op

Steve Madden bra, purchased at Nordstrom.. Super soft and comfy.

2 weeks post op and feeling SO good!!

Hello my frends,
I am now 15 days post op and I cannot believe how good I feel. I am not at all sore or tender. It is weird..I don't feel like I had surgery at all. I have been off pain meds since last week. I'm still not lifting anything over about 20 lbs. And, trying to listen to my body. I feel like mine may be fluffing a little, but still boxy. I am looking forward to starting the silicone scar treatment strips in a few weeks. I have had many ask if I had lost weight or been working out. A few have said it has taken years off of my. Yay!! My only regret is not doing this 10 years ago!

I'm a what??!!

Hi Ladies,
I went to Nordstrom yesterday and got fitted for my first post-surgery bra. I washed shocked when the gal told me that I am a 34D. I actually ended up buying a 34 C because I was in denial! Are my girls going to continue to fluff? Are they still swollen and maybe they will decrease a bit in size?? My doc told me I would probably be no more than a B cup. I am happy with them, I just didn't expect to end up this big.

It's been 28 days :)

Hello Everyone, I am at day 28 and SO happy with my decision! I have full energy, and then some! I have virtually NO pain,, except, the other day when I decided to jog for a bit. Bad idea. I felt fine until the next day. Here are some update pics..

Almost 2 months post op-Severe allergy to scar strips

Hello Ladies, I have not posted pics in a while but I have decided to wait until mine heal further. I had a major set-back, as I developed a major allergy to the silicone scar strips prescribed by my PS. I was healing so nicely. I looked and felt better than I had for 20 years...I even had several people ask me if I had facework done, saying that my complexion had looked amazing! So, anyway, the doc prescribed very expensive silicone scar strips strips, to be worn at all times, except when showering. I started out a few hours a day, and the minute I put them on, it felt as though I had my implants put back in! I had pain, stinging, burning, fatigue and shooting pains. Not to mention, redness and swelling around my incisions. After consulting my PS about this problem, he said it is common to have sensitivity and to wear them less frequently. I continued to take his advice until I could take it no longer. Last week (9 days ago) I woke up with a fever, my breasts were swollen, hot, bleeding in areas and oozing pus. I have now been on antibiotics for a a week and I am feeling like I am "on the mend". There are still a few very raw spots (where the skin has literally pulled away and formed holes, at the incisions). I am very sad that I did not trust my first instincts, when I started feeling sick the first time I wore the scar strips. But, I am thankful I am okay, and praying my breasts will not end up with permanent scarring, as a result. I caution all of you who feel you might have an allergy to silicone, like me. Think twice about purchasing the scar strips. They are extremely expensive $150. And, there are scar ointments, etc, that work very well and are not harmful. I will stick to essential oils and vitamin E :)

A few set backs:(

Hi Everyone,
I am STILL healing from that horrible infection I got because of the silicone strips. Now my internal stitches are working their way out of my body. Poking out of the scars... I've cut several inches of ( what looks and feels like fishing line), off my incision lines! With the way my body has reacted thus far, I can't believe it didn't spit those hard saline balls out years ago!!

Happy Birthday Little Ones!!

I can't believe it has already been a year. So sorry I have dropped off the radar for so long. I have made it my mission to share my story with everyone, and I have changed many of my friends' views about breast implants. After my internal stitches made their way out of my body (it took months, btw), and I healed from the silicone scar stripping infection, my body started to heal. But, that was a HUGE set back, taking months for the wounds to close and heal. As you can see, the scars are still quite prominent, but I am confident (now that all of the irritants are gone) they will completely fade over time. As far as my health is concerned, I have never felt better. My autoimmune issues have ALL disappeared! I have SO much energy ALL the time. It is crazy!! I feel like I had cancerous tumors removed! Having my implants removed have also effected my complexion. Next to the comment-" Wow, have you lost weight?" is...." Have you had cosmetic surgery on your face? " I think it even changed my skin tone!! In conclusion, if you are on the fence, my advice to you is....jump off!! You will not regret it! Even if you don't look as great as you were hoping. Chances are, you will FEEL so much better, you aren't going to care!!

Happy Birthday Little Ones!

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chun, his staff and everyone at the surgery center was wonderful! Very professional, straightforward, and personable. I'm thrilled with my result and highly recommend Dr. Chun :)