34 Year Old with Implants for 10 Years - Newport Beach, CA

I had the implant procedure when I was too...

I had the implant procedure when I was too immature to realize that the body I had was beautiful as it was. Now I'm spending money just to undo the procedure I thought would make me happy. It's cost me a total of $8,000 just to put these foreign objects in and take out. In any case I had my consultation May 2, 2014 and scheduled my explant surgery appointment for June 10th (3 weeks).

In truth there is nothing wrong with my implants. They look nice, and they have a bounce that fools 100% of people who look. But I am tired of knowing that they are present when I hug people, lie on my chest, run or jump, attempt a pull up, etc. Looking forward to dealing with the real me.

Despite my aims to obtain my natural body again, I feel anxious. I know there will be an adjustment period that will last a year. At least that's what I gather from the real self posts from women who have helped me take the step towards explanting. I'll post after explant photos shortly! Wish me good healing vibes please!!!

June 10th Surgery

I was given Valium to help me relax and waited for about an hour for the pills to kick in. Then I was taken into the surgery room where I was given an injection to numb the area that the Saline implants would be removed from. Two clean snips under my breast and two punctures holes to two implants is all it took to drain the implants. The procedure itself took about an hour. Relatively painles until the meds wore off. Then the dissolvable stitches burned a little. Other than being a little uncomfortable, it was completely bareable.

Post-Op Photos: Day 5

Not bad... I have mini identity crises from time to time but I remind myself that health is valuable to me.

Post-Op Photos: 2 weeks

Looks like no one at work really noticed. Here are some updated photos for you.

Photos at 4 weeks

Pleased with how it looks thus far. You can expect improvements in the months to come. I can't wait to work out... My follow up appointment with Dr. Lavinia Choung is coming on the 21st. Yay.

4 week update

????
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Yes! You continue to improve and you look absolutely lovely. Congrats!
Thank you!!!! :D
Looks faaaabulous! so encouraged.... :)
Thank you!!!
You look amazing. I feel so hopeful for my upcoming surgery when I see posts like yours. Thanks for sharing your story.
I know exactly how you feel!!! Just remember to be patient with yourself. From what I can tell, it can take upto 6 months before you are fully healed. That's what I give myself.
You look great! You give me hope!
Thanks so much. I love this site for that reason!
You still look amazing. So funny about work not noticing. I've been telling a couple of ladies on here not to fret about people they work with noticing and such. This is exactly what I said, that I doubt no one will notice, and if they do notice something is different they will assume you did something different with your hair or lost weight or SOMETHING. I would actually be a little concerned of someone noticed that, like, are you really paying that much attention to my breasts?!?!?!?!?! LOL.
Thanks again! Yes, exactly!!! ;)
You have a really nice natural shape, what kind of bra are you wearing in these early stages?
Hi! I somehow missed your comment. I apologize for the delay. As it turns out, I wore only the ACE bandages wrapped tightly around my body. My sports bras were irritating my stitches, which were just below my breast. Since I'm at two weeks however, I began wearing my sports bra with the ACE bandage on top. Thanks for your comment.
Thankyou for your story, I think you look amazing too, wish I could look that good post explant but not sure its going to be that way, I was even smaller a 32AA with asymmetry to one side pre BA, post BA a small 32 C, asymmetry exaggerated again with CC grade 2. I hope you continue to heal well, best wishes :)
I can see why you would feel hesitant. But I've seen some amazing and inspiring stories. Have you seen: http://www.realself.com/user/453340 She has also been a source of hope.
Thank you for the reply, no I had not read that ladies story, but just have thank you, yes she looks amazing there was a lady from Scotland that had similar results and also another ladies whose chest was completely flat post removal and then fluffed out into a nice pair of boobs after 10 months. I really hope I have a miracle like that but I don't think so since not much weight gain if any and have never been pregnant so not sure, but I will prey! I also intend to try the Enhance system (similar to Brava but about £800 cheaper!) a couple of months post removal to see if I can get some swelling, even if I have to keep doing it every now and then for maintenance that's ok with me
I think you look amazing too. You have to give them time to heal before you can make any kind of judgement. But even now, you look great!
Thanks for the encouraging words! I really needed them.
You look great and for only being 6 days out that's even more amazing!! Congrats on being on the other side!!
Thanks so much! It's still a process. And it really helps to be in this site getting positive vibes.
Omg, you look amazing! Can you tell me how big your implants were? I also was about a 32A so if I could look like you afterward I would be thrilled! Did you have the capsule removed? Any internal lift done? Happy healing!
Thanks so much! My right breast had 360 cc and my left breast had 330 cc. Effectively my bra size came to about 32 C. My PS said that if there was a grading for Capsules, from 1-4 (1 being barely there and 4 being extreme hardening) I would be rated 1. If I had a four, my PS would have been required to remove the capsule in addition to my implants. My PS also mentioned that an internal lift was not necessary! Thank you again for the well wishes. I still have to remind myself to be patient because I'm barely 6 days post op. Things should be better at about my 6 month mark! Here's a gal that helped inspire me to go through with it: (http://www.realself.com/review/orange-county-ca-breast-implant-removal-want-my-saline-implants-removed-asap) Good luck!!!
Dr. Chong performed my explant surgery in December and I'm extremely happy with the results. She's a fantastic, skilled, experienced surgeon and will take great care of you. I had my implants for 17 years and experienced the same discomfort you do with sleeping on your chest, running, jumping, working out, etc. It really feels good to be "me" again. Good luck!
Thank you. Your post op looks amazing!!! Makes me very hopeful!
Congrats on the decision. I just had my removed in Newport Beach 2 days ago, I'm 35, had cohesive gel for about 5 years. I had them removed under local anesthesia only, it went very smooth and I didn't use 1 pain med after. In fact I was trying on bras, over a sports bra, the next day. I haven't stopped smiling since they have come out. Mine too were done well, looked ok, but just not me anymore.
Thanks for sharing your story!!