Mum of 4 U.K - Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB

After 20 yrs of yearning a breast reduction, it...

After 20 yrs of yearning a breast reduction, it seems about to become a reality!
Last year I went to my doc and talked it through. Fortunately I was approved on the NHs. Three wks ago I had my pre-op. I could have had the op 2 wks ago but wasn't prepared re my family life! Had a call this eve re late April (yikes, this month) /early May. This site has been sooooo helpful, as I was entering this whole deal lightly. As a 40 yr old, I had my first 'operation' 3 yrs ago. I had a buniomectomy, then carpal tunnel (local anaesthetic, and I watched!) and ultimately Ulnar nerve surgery. I ma be naieve but if I can get through bunion surgery ( broken bones and pinned on both sides of foot) under local anesthesia I think I'm invinsible ;-)

My size

Just returned from a super trip to London. Thought I'd fill you in on my reasons for surgery. After breastfeeding four kids for a yr each, my enormous engorged boobs never did shrink!
Although I'm at my heaviest at the moment, even when I was pretty slim 2 yrs ago nothing changed 'up top'. As I turned 40 last yr I decided to take action. I'm 5,9 and 145lbs and wear 32 G/H cup bras. Thus I have the welts in shoulders, under wire etc, as my rib cage is quite narrow.
I should have my op date by the end of this week, I am desperate!! All the best to everyone :-)

On the other side!!!

Quick post. I had my op today!!! Went well. Compression bra going on tomorrow morn, so Ive been able to see them. My new boobas look incredible!!! So glad I had the opportunity to have this done. Hubby is immensly pleased ;-))
This forum has been an incredible support. Thankyou Real Self x

On week update

I can't believe how fast a week has flown. Things are fine. Im no longer on paracetamol. There is no pain, but as others have said, its the discomfort more than anything.
When my bra is off (to heal) it feels as if my breasts are going to slide off my chest, like jellies! Very unnerving, but must be natural :-)
This fri (11 days post op) is my first post op. As all my origional plasters are still on, I can't wait for the relief of having them removed and fresh dressings on. The incision sites are v itchy, taking Piriton for it. I believe my stitches are dissolvable.

Ive been active and not too floored by the anaesthetic, which is a hugely pleasing.
Tried on some of my existing dresses today, and they look......normal!! As they should, without vulgar boobage. So, all in all my life is already transformed.

And..

Oh, and I'm wearing a 36d sports bra round the clock. It was supplied by the hosp, a very nice Triumph with velcro straps.
So, hoping I eventually become a 34 d.

13 Days post op

I wrote a huge screed then it got deleted :-/ Suffice to say, time is still flying fast! It still amazes me that I havent been in pain, just discomfort.
Friday had my steri strips removed and a dressing on the centre incision. Wounds seem to healing very well.
However yesterday saw my go through the, 'they arent small enough' phase. Will be patient and hope they go down. I have four kids on half term and have been forced to be up and 'doing' things, so I guess swelling comes with action?!
When did folk start driving? :-)