Tummy Tuck Scheduled W/Dr. J. Saunders! – Newark, DE

I have never written a blog before but I feel it...

I have never written a blog before but I feel it is necessary because so many your reviews on this site has been so helpful! I have been contemplating a tummy tuck over the past several months. I am 5'0 & approximately 180 lbs. I have one child, a teen, & I have lost weight before in the past, getting down to 126 lbs. However, even then I still had a slight belly. Now my weight has gotten way out of control & I need to take my life back! In my research I came across this wonderful site & pored over doctor reviews of surgeons in the area & pictures, I kept being drawn to Dr. Jonathan Saunders especially after reading BIEE's & other reviews of his patients. So I set up 2 consults, one with Dr. Saunders, the other with another surgeon in the Newark area for the next week. Dr. Saunders bedside manner, his pleasant disposition & how immediately comfortable I felt with him instantly sealed the deal! He explained the procedure to me in detail & didn't rush. I don't even feel it necessary to even keep my other appointment with the other surgeon! His office staff are very friendly & informative! Another thing that stuck out to me was a painting in his exam room that was of a surgeon praying before operating on someone. I loved that! I am a Christian & I pray ALL the time. I felt it was a sign! LOL! So based on all of this I scheduled my surgery for a tummy tuck & lipo on my flanks for July 14, 2014. I cannot wait!! Dr. Saunders recommended that I lose at least 20 lbs prior to surgery but I would like to lose at least 30 because I have such a short torso the amount of visceral fat I have is causing my organs to really protrude. I know that I really need to put in some work in order for the doctor's work to be really effective, so after work it's off to the gym I go! Take care everyone! P.S. I'll add pics of Hector (my belly) soon. Lol...

Before pictures

Hector

I breathe realself morning & night! I find myself poring over pics & reviews, especially of those who have similar tummy shapes. While I am working to lose weight, I'm still worried that because Hector (my tummy) seems so large, that I won't look as good as others with the same tummy type. I'll just keep plugging away. Hoping these next 4 months fly by so I too can be on the flat side! :)

Might move my date up

I've been contemplating moving my date up from July 14th to June 23. I'll have to make my final decision soon because I would like to have my surgery first thing in the morning. But I also need to allow myself enough time to shed some of this weight off...

New Date!! June 23rd!

Hello All! I decided to move my date up to June 23rd! This will give me more time to heal before I go back to my full time job since I have off during the summer. It also shortens my time that I need to lose weight, but it's all good. I gotta do what I gotta do to have the best results for me!

Weight loss

I have been reading reviews everyday, & it is even more apparent that I get this extra weight off! One review I read where the person developed necrosis & had to get a wound vac! No way do I want that to happen to me! Some of the very informative posts I've read state how important it is to lose the weight in order to maximize your results. Because I have a small torso, it's easy for any extra weight to show immediately in my tummy. My torso is small, I don't have a lot of extra skin, it's more intra-abdominal fat. I'm hoping over the next 7 weeks with eating right & exercising, I will reduce my tummy fat so I have more skin than fat. Resulting in a better surgery outcome. I don't want to pay thousands if dollars & not be happy! No ma'am!

Surgery date update

I went from my initial date of July 14 to June 23 back to July 23. I got overly excited & pushed my surgery date up without thinking it thru. I wouldn't have the adequate amount of time to lose at least 15 lbs prior to surgery unless I starved myself. So I pushed it back to July 23. Once I get out of work for the summer I will be able to hit the gym for as king as I want during the day. Right now after work I'm way to tired. However, I've been upping my water intake & eating more lean protein & green veggies & fruits. I feel like I've lost inches & I lost one whole whopping pound. Lol...put I'm going to keep going! :)
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Warm, friendly, down to earth. He was detailed and ensured that I understood what the process was all about. I would highly recommend him to anyone! Office staff was great!