Sick of Wearing Push Up Bras! Ready for a Change! 21 Years Old, 220cc. - New Zealand

I am a 32A (10A) looking to go to a medium-full B...

I am a 32A (10A) looking to go to a medium-full B cup. I have considered getting this done for the last few years, but always thought I was either too young or that I was being shallow and that I should have just been happy with what I had (which is barely anything). However, I have now made the decision to get a BA as this affects me negatively every single day, I constantly think about it every time I try to get dressed, and shopping always ends up depressing.
I mainly want it for practical reasons, as my choices of bras are very limited. I only wear the strapless versions of the super-boost add-2-cups bras. These give me the appearance that I have B cups, which is what I want. I only wear strapless because the regular shape gapes on me.
I have decided that I want them to still be small and athletic, just to the size that my push up bras make me, that way no one will notice a change except me!
Just looking for a supportive community to be a part of while I'm going through this process, so I can share my experience with others who understand :)
I have two consults to go to before I decide on my surgeon, one is Dr. Julian Lofts and the other is Dr. Murray Beagley, I will update after my appointments!

Had my consults! Not sure which to pick!

So I have now been to both my consults, and I really like both of the surgeons! Ill give an overview of each consult.

Dr. Julian Lofts:
- Recommended polyurethane textured silicone "gummy bear" 245cc implants
- Partial sub-muscular
- Anatomical shape with moderate profile
- Inframmamary incision
- Having a Pain Buster for the first 48 hours after surgery.
- One nights stay in hospital after surgery

Dr. Murray Beagley:
- Recommended polyurethane textured 280cc - 310cc "gummy bear" silicone implants.
- Partial sub-muscular
- Anatomical shape with moderate profile
- Inframmamary incision
- Said its not necessary to have a nights stay in hospital

They were very similar as you can see! I felt really comfortable with both of them, and was interested when both recommended the "gummy bear" implants rather than saline, as I read in my research that saline were better, however both are very against using saline. I prefer the feel of the gummy bear anyway.

I was surprised at the variations in the sizes between the two consultations, because when I was trying on sizers I swear they looked like the same size but they were an extra 65cc! So a bit confused on which size to get now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether its a good idea to stay overnight in hospital? or is it not really necessary. I also want to find out a bit more about this pain buster thing, sounds scary! haha

Planning on regrettably putting up some photos soon!

Just a few before photos...urgh!

Finally managed to put some photos up. I just spontaneously booked my appointment for next week! eeek! So excited and nervous!
I did have a couple of questions, does anyone know how long it will take the gummy bears to feel natural? I know that I myself will always be able to feel the implant because I can feel it won't be a part of me, but will someone else be able to feel the difference?? ;)
Also, will there be more chance of infection with the pain buster?

Been thinking I might ceremoniously burn my every day add-2-cups bra after this! :D

Operation is booked for a weeks time!!!

So its all booked! My operation is for the 28th of August! Sooooo soon!
I was very excited, but now I seem to have freaked myself out a bit...
I've been reading a lot of reviews on implant removal, and lots of girls seem to get them taken out because they feel wrong having these foreign objects in their bodies and want to just be their natural selves again and cherish what they have. I'm worried that could happen to me, and then i'd be where I am now except with a huge scar.
The scar is another thing that has been worrying me a lot. 5cm on each side seems like so much, and not only would I be worried about what a partner would think of that, but I would have to look at the scars every day for the rest of my life. How do you girls feel about your scars?
I don't want to be trading one set of insecurities for another haha. I understand that the scars will never disappear so I will see it every day and I don't want to hate it and feel crap about it...am I too young to make this decision which will affect the rest of my life?

I really want to be excited like I was a few days ago, but I guess I just realise the reality of this procedure now. I still want it done because I don't want to go on the way I am, but I'm just scared and worried. Not to mention the surgery itself! Thats a whole other level of scared haha

3 days to go! Feeling excited again!

Hi all!
I just thought Id update from my last one as I am feeling a lot more positive and excited again. Thank you so much for all the supportive comments, they really helped me get out of my mental funk. I am now so excited for my new boobies and to go out shopping and finally feel good about myself when I'm getting dressed everyday!
I know that I will still be s**ting myself on the day of my surgery, and will most likely have another freak out before I go in. But Ill just have to deal with that as it comes, I am quite a worrier haha.

I am feeling a lot better about the scarring, as I talked to the nurse the other day and she said my skin type is usually very good at healing and rarely has visible scars. So that makes me feel better, although I am still a little worried.

I am just going to try focus on all the good things I will be able to do after this surgery, I am aware of all the risks and complications but I don't think its any good worrying about them as that won't stop them from happening haha.

I will try update again before my surgery. I hope everyone is well and enjoying their boobies! :)

It's done!! Feeling fine! :)

So had it done yesterday morning, was my first time with GA but everything happened so quick I didn't even have time to get nervous when I got into the operating theatre. All I really felt when I woke up in the recovery room was just tightness from the bandage they had put across me. I didn't end up getting the pain buster, and I'm happy I didn't because there was really not much pain, and I saved some money too! I probably got to a maximum of a 4 or 5/10 on the pain scale throughout all of my recovery yesterday and today.

I feel much better today even, I came home this morning and have just been sitting around watching TV all day!
I will say though that my nights sleep last night was rather terrible. I didn't sleep much at all because it became very tight and I was getting pain on the inner side of my left breast, plus I had a lot of upper back pain. But hopefully tonight will be better!

I'm really happy with how everything went, it was all so easy. I haven't really managed to get a full look at them yet, I actually think they are really big at the moment! Sort of hoping that they will go down a little, but I won't mind too much if they don't haha.

I ended up getting 220cc, I was more worried about being too big than being too small. So I'm really glad I went with that size.
But yeah, I'm feeling totally fine! Just feels like I went too hard at the gym right now haha

Here are a couple of photos, you guys are seeing as much as I have seen so far hahaha, too scared to take off the surgical bra just yet.