Just Had TT with Minor Lipo of Flanks and Muscle Tightening - New York

Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this site...

Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this site for months now, reading reviews and concerns and looking at before and after pictures. Ok so here is some of my back story.

My name is Pete and I am 26 years old from NY. All of my life I have been very overweight. After years and years of attempted diets that failed after 4 days, I finally settles down and almost 3 years ago started eating healthy and exercising 5 times a week. After 2 years I lost close to 100 pounds. I always had this "gut" so to speak that was very discouraging despite being in amazing shape all around. Long story short, I was told it was extra skin and nothing could be done other than surgery.

So for about a year I went to consultation after consultation with surgeons in the NY area, all offering the procedure for about 9-10k. After reading online, and with the help of a close family friend who is a doctor, I found an excellent Fellows program in Manhattan. I had my surgery February 7th, just about 4 days ago. I had a full abdominalyplasty done with liposuction on the flanks and the tightening of my abdomen muscles. I stayed over night in an adjoining hotel with a private nurse and my surgeon checked on me the next morning before coming home. I go back in tomorrow for a post op check up and to hopefully remove the left drain as my right is still collecting a bit of fluid. Also to remove the medicine ball I have the drips lidocaine into the incision site.

I havent been in much pain. Just minor discomfort in my abs which the valium helps with and my back from sleeping propped up. If this is honestly the worst of it, I am very happy to have made this decision. I am still wrapped in dressings but can already tell a huge diff despite that and swelling. Just thought I would contribute as I have found a lot of helpful info on this site. My meds are starting to kick in and I am getting sleepy but if anyone has any questions or any details that I am sure I am leaving out, please feel free to comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Pete

2/20/11

Just out of curiosity, tomorrow with be 2 weeks post Op and most of the steri strips are still on. Is this normal? When should they come off? Do they come off naturally or should i be peeling away at them. I have no idea. I hear the longer they stay on the better for the scar but I kinda just want to see what the scar looks like and start using the mederma or silicone strips lol.

hey does your doctor have a website?
Thanks for this post. I'm scheduled to get surgery Sept. 29th, and it's helpful to read experiences of other men who have had the surgery after significant weight loss. How are you feeling these days now that you're about 6 months out from surgery?
By the way you look awesome....
Dr Lawrence Draper (Attending Surgeon, Theodoreo Spero)

excellent price, friendly, and the job appears to be great. Will be updated once I see final results.