30% Under Lower Eyelid Peel-New York

I have given myself several 30% TCA peels. Let me...

I have given myself several 30% TCA peels. Let me stress though, that I have had a dermatologist give me glycolic peels yearly since I was 27. I am now 46. I also have used retin-A off and on since I was 18. I have educated myself on the use of peels, have tried lactic acid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, all in different strengths. For me, personally, 20% salicylic and 30% TCA are the ones I get best results with. I just completed a total face and neck 30% TCA peel, with double application under my eyes. The results are amazing. Down time is about 5-7 days and ALWAYS use SUNSCREEN! Even in the dead of winter. You get more sun damage in a year walking to and from your car and doing your daily routine then you would a 2 week vacation in the tropics in total sun. Your new, peeled skin is delicate-treat it as such! I easily pass for 28-30 years old. I just had my 46th birthday and people in my office wanted to see my drivers license to prove my age. I LOVE telling my real age and seeing the disbelief on people's faces. PLEASE remember, everyones results and reactions to these acids are different and I always tell people to consult with their dermatologist before they ever attempt this type of regimen on their own. Good luck!

Consult a dermatologist

What doctor do you go to for glycolic peels if you don't mind sharing that info? I'd kill for your skin.
Many thanks for your review. Pretty hard to believe indeed! You look as young as me and I am 30! I had my first 30% TCA peel a few weeks ago. Though I really like the overall result, I wish the effect under the eyes was better. What do you mean exactly by ''double application"? Did you apply it yourself? I hope I will apply the peel myself next time but am not sure how to do it. Advice is more than welcome..All the best!
I think he's very good looking and also very generous to share this information. I am 21 and I would be interested in such a handsome man. :)
meant to ask where you purchased your peel from :) MUAC? I have been doing Retin-A on and off for a few years, sal. acid 20%, which my skin loves. I think for my first peel, i will do a 25% TCA. I already did a 15% TCA (on accident, if you can believe it...I meant to reach for the Sal Acid...unbelievable). Anyway, I did not properly swab my face with alcohol first; the sting was minimal and the results were...meh. Very excited about the 25%
I use a 20% sal too! i love it! do it once a month. I purchased the 25% on amazon. it's by skin obsession.
you look great! It really gets me excited about my upcoming peel. Thanks!!!
I'm 28 and I reckon you could def pass for early 30s! Great info, cheers x

Your skin sure looks fantastic! and I just tried a 20% TCA home Peel...and like Wow...after only 1st peel, what a marked improvement to the brightness of my skin....this thing actually worked...I just cant wait to do the 2nd...Minus the burning of course...lol...
What is the steps for Tca peel I'm tried 30% for hands back it's not working

Why do you use it under your eyes? Is it to get rid of bags or dark circles?

West bury looks his age, but still a good looking guy with nice skin. We all deceive ourselves on the age and appearance correlation. A person can look great in their 50s and 60s. Own it!
I laugh so hard when I hear every plastic surgery doctor always saying "never perform TCA peel at home" - sure they hate it - they charge 700 for something which will cost you $40 for multiple peels. OF COURSE they hate people doing peels at home. I would not start with 50% peel (well - I would say that no one should ever do 50% peel - do 2 layers of 25-30% and ALWAYS perform patch test - I always did it right under my ear down the neck. I did few 25%-33% peels at home and if you follow good routine (from skin prep, to post peel care - like wear spf 70 sun screen and antibacterial ointment for the first few days after peel) you don't need to blow 700+ for something you can do at home (oh, and btw, if there are complications at the doctor office they are not liable - read the consent form) - don't use doctor, save money and do it your self - responsibly
Because he has good teeth and all his hair, I'll give him 35. But the "11's" between his eyes need some handling. Frownies would fix that.
U look 46 years old...no way in hell anyway thinks you are 30

Laliana,

That comment is a little harsh don't you think? Westbury looks great, and you coming on to say things that are not very nice and rather judgmental is not what RealSelf is about. We appreciate you being in the community, but please don't come on just to judge. Westbury looks great and we encourage people to post pictures, so other community members can see the results.

-Britt

All of the people who think he looks great also posted a judgement..they think he looks geat.

I think he looks every bit of 46 and bottom line, I stick by that.

People don't want to age, but it happens. He cannot pass for 30 and that is the reality of that photo he posted.
he could pass for early thirties if he had botox on his 11's. I think he looks great for 46.
Thank you, BrittB, for posting a response to Laliana's comment. I am glad that Realself monitors postings so closely to keep the discourse at a mature level.
LMAO! I agree, but for a Caucasian male he looks good. He looks like a nice looking 40 y/o to me. If he addressed the crows feet & the "11" between his eyes I'd say 33-35.
LMAO! I agree, but for a Caucasian male he looks good. He looks like a nice looking 40 y/o to me. If he addressed the crows feet & the "11" between his eyes and shaved, I'd say 33-35.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I have had a salon TCA peel which was absolutely great and I think it was 50 percent.
I cannot afford Salon costs and am wanting to do it myself at home. I feel that I should use 30 percent for a homepeel judging by what I have read on this page. I know from the salon experience to keep the skin extremely moist - I used good quality sorbolene - and 1 percent Dermaid for skin care following the procedure.

I think I have seen 30 p.c. TCA on USA Ebay.
Hi Westbury,

I agree. You look great, however, you do look tan. Please tell us what product you are using. Also, where do you get your 30% TCA from? Also, when you do your TCA peels, does your peeling skin turn brown first? I am just curious....Privatelyseekinginfo

Hi Westbury,

Wow you look great, but very tan. Are you using some kind of tanning lotion? I ask because you cautioned everyone to stay out of the sun. Thanks for posting a picture and joining the community.

-Britt