Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery, and Endoscopic Brow-lift

Just had Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery, as well...

Just had Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery, as well as an Endoscopic brow-lift. Quite a lot of work! I was fed up of people telling me I was bored / angry, serious or tired looking when I was just fine! I've been thinking about it for years but finally took the plunge as it its been affecting my confidence too much.

Day of the op

Totally out of it - MASSIVE headache. Why did I do this again??

Day after the op

Day after the op - here we go.

Day 3

Day 3 - you can see the bruising has only really just started!

Day 4

Day 4 and things are settling down - though the bruises aren't going anywhere.

Day 5 - sutures out

Day 5 - sutures out of my Brow-lift. Concerns about asymmetry on the eyes and incisions. I think its about waiting now.

Browlift Sutures

Day 6 - Feeling a little disspointed

Bruising slowwwwwwwly going. I wish it would hurry up! I need this practically gone in 6 days before I start work. Been thinking my eyes do look different, better, but there's still skin hooding on the eyes. I hope its just swelling. My surgeon certainly went with the conservative approach, I just wish he'd pushed it a little more. Oh well. I'm hoping things look better than this, after all this pain and bruising!

Day 7 - No change really

Bruising still strong. The yellowing around my head (I had it across the top of my head, behind my ears, everywhere) is fading now. Wish the blackness would go from under my eyes. Again feeling like It could have been more of difference. I'd rather this subtle disappointment than "oh my god what I have I done!" shock for sure of course.

Day 10

Still feeling underwhelmed. I think this is it really - its certainly natural looking. Maybe I'm just used to it. I wanted a little more thats all, after all this bruising and money. From certain angles there's still some loose skin on the lower and upper eyelid, so its not all gone. I mentioned this to the Doctor and he said I still have a lot of swelling before I can see the final result. But as the swelling goes, the stretched skin becomes looser and the result seems less than I'd imagined. Again, I need to wait for at least a month before i know where I stand. I appreciate all the positive comments, so thanks for that but I wanted to feel on top of the world. I don't yet.

Bruises gone - finally

So finally the bruising has gone - thats what 5 weeks? The scars on my head are visible for now though. Anyway I'm happier with my eyes than I was before. I still think there is some 'hooding' at the corners, one side more than the other, and I will tell the surgeon this when we have a checkup - as I would like there to be nothing. Lets see what happens. Compared to my eyes before all this I am happy though. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think - yeah - I look good! Plus, even when I feel tired and that my eyes are tired, they rarely look as though they are.

Great Doc

Saw the doc again yesterday, and noted my concern that one eye lid still had a little too much skin, and he said he'll take care of it. I must say this doctor, and his team have been excellent. This is my first procedure, and I haven't a doubt in my mind that if I ever needed anything else 'done' I'd be going back to the same doctor. They take a subtle approach to their work, so don't expect massive differences, just natural tweaks and 'updates'. This, for me epitomizes how surgery should be approached. A series of subtle updates over time.