55 Year Old - New York

Hi, I had the procedure done 2 days ago by a...

Hi, I had the procedure done 2 days ago by a dermatologist in New York City. I did a lot of research on this ahead of time, so I knew that there was definitely some pain involved. For me, about 2/3 was tolerable and about 1/3 was about intolerable. I have a high pain threshold, too. I was told that because my face is so small and thin, that I was a tougher patient. Indeed, it felt like in certain areas, the intensity was going through to my bone. I am not here to scare anyone because I was plenty scared going into it after reading of other people's experiences. I walked out thinking I would never do it again. Two days later, I'm definitely okay, but sore and swollen. I don't have bruising. My lower jaw on both sides is swollen, and it hurts like someone punched me in the jaw, but only on one side. I don't have immediate results and I guess I don't expect to for at least three months. If I see some results in 3 or so months, I'll post some before and after pics [I took some before]. Until then, I'm glad it's done. I wanted to do this for quite a while so I guess I'm glad that I did and of course I'll be really happy if I see results in a few months. I think that people with bigger faces than mine, and also with thicker faces or thicker skin might have an easier time. The 2/3 of it that was tolerable was not bad and if it was all like that, I would definitely have done it again. I also wish I had just done the lower face. I didn't need it near my eyes or brow, and it would have cost less.

I had the procedure done 3 months ago. I thought the pain was borderline unbearable and I am no wussie. They gave me 2 Vicodin, plus I took 800 mg Ibuprofen before the procedure. I think they should have given me Percocet instead. I am 3 months out, but still no results at all. She did tell me it would take a full 4 months, so I am still waiting.
Hi Madeline, I am only 2 weeks out. No change -- but didn't expect it by now. Hope you see something by next month.
Oh hey I'm a month out.I don't have any results either. I just want to see something. I hope this works cause yes it was very painful.
The pain for me is forgotten now .. now it's the $$$ issue! LOL
I am hoping someone who is more than 4 months out will respond.
I know right ! If this doesn't work I to will not have $ to get something else done.
Sorry ladies 6 months out and no results after 2 treatments.
too much money for 0 results
See above, not worth the pain or money.
The expensive cost with no results is a big pain!
I thought the pain was borderline unbearable, and I'm not a wussie. They do downplay the amount of pain you'll have. They gave me 2 Vicodin, plus I took Ibuprofen at home but it didn't help much. I think they should give you Percocet instead. I am 3 months out and I have seen no changes. She told me it would be 4 months, so we'll see.
I wish they would delete this second comment. It didn't go through the first time so I rewrote it.
Hi moemoe, loved reading your posts. So sorry about your husband...I hope that this will give you just the kind of ""lift" you need now. I am going through a stressful time with mine now...life is not easy!! You sound like you have a great attitude...I'm from Brooklyn and worked in the city for several years and I love my fellow New-Yorkers!! I'm on fb too... It would be nice to start a ultherapy page on fb!!!
Well hello there, All of us ladies are very excited about our up coming results. I'm going on 4 weeks now.Thank you for the kind words about my hubby. I think they have one cause I've been on it.Stress = wrinkles lol . I hope every thing is ok with your hubby.Keep Smiling :)
Hi Kate...loved your honest review. I have a high pain threshold and I agree with your ratio of pain...dead-on!!! I kept telling myself it was for beauty, so I just kept going!!! I was swollen and a little sore too, but the soreness wasn't too bad. It sounds like you'll get great results...I am excited for you!!! Do you mind saying who your doctor was??? And finally...keep on posting!!!
HI Jill, I want to post my doctor's name, but I want to wait the 3 months [or so], before I see results. The reason is this: I love the dermatologist that I see in NY [it was actually a different doctor in the office that performed the procedure]. I also thought that this doctor was great, and knew what she was doing. My review was honest about the pain involved -- for me. I have a small face, and it's thin. She kept telling me that it was harder for me because of that -- and I completely believe it. The 2/3 that was tolerable was really no big deal, I would say. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about the doctor or this practice based on the pain that I had -- because I think they're great there. After my 3 or so months -- whether I see results or not, I will post the doctor's name.
Hi Kate...I totally understand about not wanting to post the doctor's name ...a couple of people thought I was compensated by the doctor and/or the company to post my review...crazy. So many factors come into play about the pain...I have a thin face too with not that much fat in certain areas and those areas REALLY hurt. But I think people know there is pain with this procedure...I think that if there were no pain involved, then there would be a problem! Have a great weekend!!
Hi Katenysc5, I to had a lot of bruising and swelling.It hurt alot. If I get the results I want I will be a happy girl. Mine was done 7/16 I still have a small bruise on my face under my eye. I was told because I have a thin face it can hurt more and it did lol. Just hope its worth it I think it will be I just have to be patient.
Hi Moemoe, are you in the NY area, too? I'm 3 days out now and the swelling is starting to go down, but I still look a little like a chipmunk, right in the jowl area which is where of course -- I don't need swelling. LOL. I did not have any bruising, lucky me this time -- because when I get fillers, I usually always bruise. Thin skin, small face -- that's me. The doctor kept saying that she wished they made a smaller wand for my face. It hurt really badly on one side and the jawline there is more swollen than on the other side. About 1/3 of it was just really a lot of pain. I had to make her stop a few times for a break, and I can really take a lot of pain. The rest of it was kind of a breeze, even though it was uncomfortable. Let's hope this works for us and we can see something. I want to buy myself a couple of years before getting a lower facelift. I'm not hung up on aging; just don't like the jowl/neck area. Please keep me posted as the months go on -- we are right around the same timeframe!!!
Absolutely ! Yes I'm in Rochester N.Y. I would have a eye lift if this doesn't give me the results I want. I just don't want to look tired cause I'm not lol.
That's the thing. I mean, sometimes I "am" tired LOL. Other times no -- and I look it. That's what I don't like. The doctor did not do much on my upper face, not like lower face. Will be interesting to see the results of this. I guess we are essentially waiting 'till October-November.
I know right October- November.I had the whole face done but not my lower neck just under the jaw line that was the worst lol I'm hoping the eye area will get good results under my eyes I have some baggage I really want that to go away with out surgery but if not I will have it removed. I paid 2500 for mine you paid 4500 ? Mine was done at Ideal Image by a RN they were really good.I have a very high energy level I'm the main bartender for the Radisson so i cant be tired lol just might look it hope that will change .
I never had nothing done not even a spa visit,after my husband passed away I wanted to do something for me all I knew was taking care of him and it took a toll on me stress makes wrinkles that's why I decided to have something done.
I am sorry about the loss of your husband. That must have been and still be very hard. I have 3 kids who are still kind of young [twins who are 8 and a 12 year old]. I also work full-time, so I am kind of busy. It can be a lot. Just trying to feel and stay young-ish for everything that I do.