Painful but would do it again tomorrow

Hi girls. Like so many of you out there ,I have...

Hi girls. Like so many of you out there ,I have been reading everyone's stories and finally decided to share mine

My name is Ria. I am 42 years old with 3 children. Identical twin girls who are 7 years old and a son who is 5. I am 5'8" and was always fairly thin ( 135lbs) that is until I started fertility treatments about 10 years ago. Thankfully I conceived fairly quickly but gained 30 lbs before I even got pregnant due to all of the drugs. During first pregnancy I gained over 100 pounds. Crazy. I didn't lose much of it before getting pregnant again with my son. After my son was born I just didn't have the willpower to lose the weight. I was depressed and just not enjoying life. 4 years later I knew I had to do something. I just wasn't ' living' and knew it wasn't fair to my children. I joined weight watchers and worked out 6 days a week. I lost nearly 80 pounds in about 8 months and feel fantastic,. After the weight loss I have loose skin ( and fat) around my stomach. So I am having a mommy makeover in 5 weeks! I am having a breast lift along with the tt. I am so excited but of course nervous. I actually thought I would be more nervous than I am but reading all if your stories made me more excited than nervous . Thank you all for that.

I live on long island in new York and am having my surgery in new York city. I consulted with quite a few dr's but ultimately knew right away which dr was for me. Living so close to NYC I have access to so many wonderful plastic surgeons.
I am happy to be going through this journey with all of you. I look forward to getting to know many of you and sharing our experiences.
Good luck to you all!!

Well yesterday was a month until my 'mommy...

Well yesterday was a month until my 'mommy makeover' reading everyone's experience on this site has helped so much. I want to post pics soon, but I have to figure out how. ( I am starting to sound like my mother) I am still not terribly nervous. I am waiting for that to kick in. I ordered all of my ' supplies' . As far as bandages and anything elSe to care for the wound, the nurse brings it with her. So that's one less thing to think about. I ordered an interesting product and wanted to know if anyone has used it. It is card gel zone. It wraps around your midsection to hold you in and also has the silicone healing product to help with the scarring. It got great reviews. Had anyone used it??

2 week countdown...... Hi ladies. I cannot...

2 week countdown......
Hi ladies. I cannot express how reading everyone's posts daily has truly helped me prepare for this journey. You all make me feel so 'normal' when I feel a certain way and then find out that you all have felt the same at some point. I was experiencing only excitement up until a few days ago. Then nerves settled in. I ordered the hospital bed today. I was going back n forth deciding if it was necessary. I finally decided to just do it bc I would rather be safe then sorry. My bed is very high up.
I really feel like I know some of you. I am eagerly waiting to see how you all make out. I too will post after surgery as soon as I am up to it.
I am working out extra hard and eating minimal to get a few extra pounds off!!
So does anyone know if we can wear nail polish?????

5 more days! I am starting to get that...

5 more days! I am starting to get that overwhelming emotional and nervous feeling!!! I know it's normal thanks to this site. I have 3 small children and all I think about is them. Did anyone have tge "worst case scenario" run through their head or is that just me ????
I rented a hospital bed and a walker. After reading how dizzy people get when walking I decided a walker may be helpful. It was $100 to rent for a month or $120 to buy. I bought it.I also rented a table with wheels that goes across the bed if needed and a raised toilet seat.
It's funny, since booking these procedures all I could think about tge aesthetic results. Now all I do is pray that I wake up. I cry all the time. I walked in my daughters room the other other day while they were in school and sat on their bed and just cried. Please tell me I am normal for feeling this way bc I am truly starting to question it,

Hi. Well it's been over 2 weeks recovery and I am...

Hi. Well it's been over 2 weeks recovery and I am still far from myself yet. Whoever compares a tummy tuck to the same pain as a c section had a really bad csection. Not even close. This pain has been worse for sure. I finally started feeling better about 4 days ago but still tire out easily. Results are fantastic . Yes, swollen a bit but not one piece of fat on my stomach. I also had a breast lift. I look 16 again. ! Ok this is my problem and I need advice. Now I am noticing how big my thighs are. Has anyone had lipo? Can I hear results???? Hope u all are doing well.
Ria
Alan matarasso

New York magazines best dr issue

LIMom32 can you tell me if u ended up choosing a ps and if yes whom? I'm interested in a MM I've been to few consults no one really stuck out , however I am considering dr Shulman however just based on reviews and credientials.I live in Nassau county as well, would appreciate any feedback. Tnx in advance
Asardi, I live in Nassau county too and had a mommy makeover on sept. I couldn't be happier with the results. I used a NYC dr. Dr Alan Matarasso. If u read about him u will be blown away. He's one of the top plastic surgeons in NYC. He's also a nice man, he listens, and doesn't rush you. I actually consulted with dr Shulman as well but in my opinion he was just too young. Another terrific surgeon who sometimes works with Matarasso is dr David Shafer. NYC as well. Look him up. As far as Nassau county dr's the only one I would use is dr Alan gold. He is a perfectionist. I just had full leg lipo w Matarasso this past Wednesday 3/6. I happened to be very informed on plastic surgeons so if u have any questions I would be happy to help. The best advice I got going through all of these surgeries is .... Don't let the price make your decision.
Tnx so much for taking your time , I had actually consulted with dr Schaffer as well ,$ is really not part of my consideration when it comes to choosing a ps I feel nyc is just pricey a few $ here and there won't make it or break it. I will definterly look up dr matarasso and go for consult. My biggest concern when it comes to choosing a dr is honestly I'd like to know what the most probable out come is and obviously don't want the "fake/ps look" besides cridentials and reviews. Can you pls tell me your experience as far as recovery goes .Im a 30 yr ok mother of 4 , 5'6 tall currently weigh about 140 . I gained about 60-70lbs with each pregnancy I lost all about 6 wks post partum still wanna lose 20 more b4 surgery , which is like to book for may. As you can imagine this fluctuation has done a job on my body which is so so depressing I was always a thin fit girl .I work a full time job as an allergist it's actually quit difficult for me to take time off so I'm hopping 10-14 days will be sufficient .Im considering a tt, breast lift with aug as well as lipo of inner putter thigh and flanks , is dr Alan gold in Syosset ? I work there couple days a wk I think I might have seen his name Jericho turnpike maybe ? I can't thank you enough for all the info I'm so so nervous about doing this I have recently had a right knew reconstruction which was very very unpleasant to say the least if you could share your experience as far as recovery etc...would be so helpful
Hello Ria, I am planning to have a tummy tuck and breast augmentation to recover my per pregnancies body. I have two children and I am 5'2 and 115 pounds. I used to be 32c now I'm 32a since i breastfed for 2 years. And my belly is not saggy not even stretch marks but when I eat I notice a bulge that bothers me a lot. My primary care physician recommend me Dr Matarasso and Dr Hidalgo both in NYC I saw yesterday Dr Hidalgo he told I just need to fulfill my breast that they are in good shape and for my belly my muscles are a little lose so I need a abdominoplasty. He already gave me an estimate and I would like to know how much does Dr Matarasso would charge for this. Could you please please please let me know how much did you pay? And how is the pain?
I am booked for lipo on Jan 15th and still cant decide if I want my inner thighs done. I am 60 and thinking there will be loose skin hanging after. I am pretty fit and in good shape just have areas I cant get the fat off. My upper abs and back. So what do you think about the inner thighs as I know Ria you are thinking about it. Cant wait to see your before and after photos. Its easy to download photos on this site.
Hi girls. Yes I had my entire thigh lipo suctioned 5 days ago. I see the difference but I am very swollen. The pain is there but nothing remotely close to the tummy tuck. The first day my skin looked loose but as the days are going on its looking better and better. There's always a risk of sagging skin which stinks. This is why picking an amazing dr for liposuction is essential. It's all their decision when to stop to avoid that sagging skin.
Hey Ria! I hope your loving your results now!!
Hi brandnewme ..... Yes I love my Tt and bl results. Couldn't have asked for better. My stomach is flat as a board and tight without looking ridiculously sucked in and fake like some pictures I have seen. I love my dr. He is an icon here in NYC. Worth every penny. The saying ' u get what u pay for ' was invented for plastic surgery. :)
I had the complete MM lift, TT, full body sculpt with laser lipo and fat transferred to mold my butt. So far I love it! Still swollen but I've tried on "skinny jeans" and they fit lose I can only imagine how they will fit once I'm no longer swollen.
Glad you are up and a little better, Ria! I don't an answer to your question, just wanted you to know I've thought of you!!! Post some of those no-belly-fat pics! Maybe give yourself some time for your body to blend together and your thighs and belly will start to match more....
I'm one week post-op, which means you're a little more than a week now! How are you feeling? I hope you're well. Let us know how you're doing...
hope ur surgery went well!!! Happy healing n hope ur resting well!!!
Hope today was wonderful for you. I wish you a speedy recovery
Thinking of you on your Big Day! I hope you had a peaceful calm going in :)
You'll feel Wonderful in just a few short weeks from now....speedy healing to you!!!
Thanks LI mom. When is your surgery ?
How did it go???
Awww Ria, I am sure what you arefeelung is normal. Your dr seems to be very very thorough and I believe he would not perform the surgery if he thought there would be any complications. I am having second thoughts myself. I think as moms anytime we do something for ourselves we feel some sort of guilt being that it will take time away from our children. Think about why you decided to do this in the first place.
Good Lucky Ria!!! I am having my MM on Thursday! I have also been super emotional the last few days, I find that I can go from 0 to psycho in less then 60 sec and it is driving me crazy. I just want the day to be here. My PS said no nail polish :( and its killing me cause I always have my toes done lol. Best of luck on Wednesday
No polish on ties either?!?! I have never heard of that. My dr allows polish on hands and feet. I called on Friday. They said with the new machines today technology today they can see right thru polish!!!
Good luck, we will be cheering for you. It's one of the best things you can do for yourself! You will live being flat and slim!
Sounds exciting! We will be having our procedures at about the same time (well probably the same day with the US/AU time difference!).
Hello, to add pics just click on "update profile" and then scroll down and you will see add photos. Hope this helps :)
Nik 1705 do u mean 13, 400?
Yes that i ask u how much was u payin cause this doctor francis is high
yes i would,like his info,bc i want,to see pix and see how much he cost i went to see dr franics in manhatten for a tt and a bbl and he wand 1340 im like damn