Tummy Tuck/ba &bl - New York, NY

So today, nervous as ever I made my way to my...

So today, nervous as ever I made my way to my consult appointment at Lenox hill. I am happy to say everything went well. I originally wanted a tummy tuck but asked the doctor about BA as well just in case hubby says its okay and do everything at once. I don't want to be bigger just fullness as my main concern.As for the tummy i just want to be flat again and not constantly look pregnant :(! Anyway from the front desk to the nurses and doctor were all super friendly and full of great advice and knowledge. I did ask the doctor to show me pics and he was willing but I totally forgot to remind him before I left to see them. I scheduled a tentative date with the doctor and just need to speak with y husband about everything. Im so excite and nervous... Lol

Okay so my date has changed the 3rd was tentative...

Okay so my date has changed the 3rd was tentative because he had booked other surgeries. Now im freaking out a bit because my husband will be out of town for work and I need to find someone who can take me home, my mom will be home with my kids. My new date is 5/7. On a happier note finished my labwork now time for clearance...

Went for pre op visit and pictures yesterday. This...

Went for pre op visit and pictures yesterday. This visit I was much more calm. I think it help to talk to people you trust. I was so nervous before and considered cancelling the whole surgery thinking am I being selfish? I could do something else with this money. Thankfully I confided in a friend about my procedures and her response was "Girl your lucky I know so many people that have had it done and I want to have surgery too!" What a relief. I felt so much better after talking to her. So Pre op visit went smooth dr went over everything again but a bit more in detail. I asked some more questions about after care and the Nurse is awesome she answered a lot of my questions as well. Have my scripts to get filled and then I went over to get my pics done. My photoshoot (lol) was schedule for Monday but I decided to call to see if they had any openings and luckily they did and at the perfect time. Literally I finished my pre-op then drove right over to get pics done. There is a Parking garage right next to the photo office since I didnt have time to look for parking thats a definite time saver. The pictures took about 10 minutes between waiting for her to get ready and finishing pictures. Some people complain about Lenox because you have to go get pictures elsewhere but honestly it was so quick it didnt seem like a nusance at all. Im just a little bit closer now and the hard part is telling my mother because I have to ask her to watch my babies and help me for a week. I know she will do it but I dont want her to worry so im kind of scared to ask but I have to do it soon.

So just an update my emotions are on a roller...

So just an update my emotions are on a roller coaster but I am seeing that this is pretty normal and I am not the only one who thinks about death during surgery or what if I am not happy with the results. I'm nervous, then scared, then consider canceling. I think I am being selfish because the money I am spending could most certainly be used on something to improve our home or for the kids and schooling. I almost feel bipolar because in the next moment I think I deserve to do something for myself, something I have been considering for 10 years! Well my mom said she will help me next week but wish me luck because I have yet to tell her why I need help and she is waiting for me to answer. So far I just said because my husband will be out of town but she knows something is up because I usually would just fend for myself. OH I forgot to mention I got a little freaked out because the PS said that I have some intra abdominal fat on the upper portion of my stomach and my results may not be flat. I freaked!!! We have been emailing and talking back and forth and ultimately I will not leave with a 6 pack (what i anticipated) but he assures me I will love my results and I trust him so so far we are still on...lol I dont think I have read many posts on this but it is a question you should ask!!
Lenox hill hospital

I choose this provider due to all the feedback and posts on real self.. Thnx ladies!

Did you ever go through with your TT?
I have the same problem. and all the PS i consulted with said the same thing. So decided to change my diet and do a lil jogging just to try to lose that upper fat that the PS cant get rid of. So if you can try it, we all want to be flat and lord knows i neeeeeed to be flat LOL, too much money being spent to have to still work extra hard in the gym.
Hi flattummy33:) so happy to hear that your consult went well. I have a consult at lenox hills tomorrow. I'm curious who was the doctor you met with? Do you know if he was a resident or a fellow? They told me I am meeting with a resident. Thanks:)
Zabette what is the difference btw a resident and a fellow?
I learned on this site that a resident is a student who is learning and still completing his or her training. A fellow has already completed their residency and is eligible to open up a practice, but chooses to do a fellowship to get more experience. I guess a fellow has more experience. I asked the lady on the phone and she said a resident will have a supervising dr in the operating room watching, while a fellow might not... So I am kinda confused on which would be better... On one hand, the fellow has more experience, but I do like the idea of a very experienced dr watching and supervising since both the fellow and resident are less experienced. What do you think? On this site, they say try to get a fellow.....idk, so confusing!!
Go with the one who is more experienced.
Flattummy, I understand girl, i have a 2 year old whos always climbing on me. So i dont know how this will play out when its my turn.
Buying me a body, I thought about going out of the country for a little bit too but I was just to scared and being away from my family for 2 weeks is just impossible for me. Plus I was outweighing the cost and a teaching hospital just seemed like the right choice for me so I took a chance and booked a consult. This is a great place to gain knowledge and advice but ultimately what works for you is the best choice.
Flattummy, My thoughts exactly with the out of town. Im more scared to be in another country having surgery, and the cost i was given sound like it will be the same at Lenox Hill. I know we all want good results and thats why i keep researching and the more i do the more i see ladies posting about Lenox Hill and the good work that they have recieved. Lets face it surgery is taking a chance no matter where we go, so like you said we just need to go where we feel comfy and i feel more comfy being close to home.
Hi Flattummy33, I'm still trying to make an appointment at lenox Hill but Victoria (the girl that schedules the appointments) never answer. How long did it take for you to speak to someone?
Buying me a body, I actually got in touch with someone right away, both times I called. Try calling about now. I think I made my call around 11ish or so. If not you can try emailing for an appointment I did that the first time I made an appointment but I had to cancel it, I received a call back in a about a day or so from the email. Just be sure to answer when you see the number.
ok thanks. I did email on friday no response yet. Let me try to call now.
Hi flattummy33:) I have my consult at lenox next week. I'm curious which dr you saw? Did you know who you were seeing in advance?
I saw Dr Kurkjian, I didnt ask which dr I would be seeing but I have seen people post about Dr Nienstein. Actually I havent read any posts about the Dr I met with but I felt comfortable with him.
I just made my consult for June 6Th. Lenox Hill is becomng popular and that is always a good thing. :)
I am confused bc the doctor names on the Lenox hills website are different from a lot of the ones I see people posting about on here. Do they tell you if the dr is a resident or fellow? Thanks:)
Im glad you were able to get through to them! Be sure to write down questions to ask before your appointment. ;)
Zabette, the dr do rotate so you have to keep that in mind. The dr I have will be finishing and I am one of his last patients. Bring a list of questions with you to ask its the only way you will get 100% right answers. The nurses are super helpful too. Try not to be nervous like I was, just be prepared.
Were you able to see photos of the work that your dr. did?
Thanks for the advice flattummy33:) I go on April 17th, so I'll let you all know how it goes...
Buying, I did ask and he was going to show me pics but I forgot to remind him when we were finished with our consult.
Zabette, Let me know and I hope it all goes well!
Oh ok
HI Zabette, so how did you consult go?
I'm seeing so many ladies post that they are or went to Lenox Hil!! May I asked why that was your choice?