Eprime For Non Invasive Treatment For Skin Tone and Laxity - New York, NY

I am a 37-year-old woman with good quality genes....

I am a 37-year-old woman with good quality genes. I was interested in a preventative noninvasive treatment to help maintain my skin tone and laxity. I chose Eprime therapy due to its safety record and efficacy. Based on my research and my consultantion with my dermatologist, one Eprime procedure can turn back the clock about three years and generally lasts 18 months.

Today I had E prime procedure. The entire procedure lasted about two hours. I had numbing medicine place on my face for about an hour. The doctor'sa physician assistant then proceeded to inject my face with a lidocaine and epinephrine mix. The dermatologist then explained the process to me. Technically speaking, five micro needles are injected into your skin to the level of the dermis and my skin was heated to 67° for about three seconds each pass. It was relatively painless except for the level of the jaw. I felt a level 3 out of 10 pain when she went over my jaw line. But it was manageable and certainly not more than the pain that I have experienced with a prior fraxel procedure.

After the procedure, I did not feel any pain. My face was swollen significantly in the treatment area. I had multiple puncture wounds throughout both cheeks and jaw line. My skin contour was bumpy. The doctor notified me that I should expect redness for about 3 to 5 days. Additionally irregular contours on my face should also be present and will subside within five to seven days.

The doctor also instructed me to take an oral antibiotic for five days and a topical antibiotic for five days. She advised me to apply I ice packs to my face for 20 minutes every hour today.

So far so good. I will keep you posted on my recovery.

Day 2 after my eprime procedure. The beefy red...

Day 2 after my eprime procedure.

The beefy red puncture wounds are starting to really heal nicely. The welts under my skin are still there--as expected. In most people it lasts a week while in a few it can last a month. The bruising is evolving to a dark purple hue around my chin and cannot be covered up with make up; believe me, I tried. The swelling is still dramatic. My husband told me that I look like a monster today. Ha!

So far, no major surprises. Will update soon.

Day four after procedure. Today I'm less...

Day four after procedure.

Today I'm less swollen but I still am not presentable in public. The puncture wounds are almost gone now and the bruises are healing at a normal rate. They are mainly around my chin and neck region. I bought some paramedical makeup online so I could hide them when I get back to work in three days. The welts under my skin are slowly reabsorbing. I am no longer red.

The main issue that I can't hide is the swelling. I'm hoping that it resolves in the next 72 hours.

Will keep you posted. :)

Day 6 post procedure. The welts under my cheeks...

Day 6 post procedure.

The welts under my cheeks are disappearing. The swelling is much better. The bruises are much smaller. I'm starting to look like mysel again.

All in all, the recovery time appears to be about a week or maybe 10 days.

Well it's been almost two months since my eprime...

Well it's been almost two months since my eprime procedure and I have to say: yes! It did work. The marionette lines are disappearing. A collegue at work told me that it has definitely tightened lifted and filled my face. I suggest that you all start whatever reputable regimen you decide at a younger age in order to prevent more moderate laxity issues. I plan to do tough ups every 18 months or so.

I should expect even more improvement in the next couple of months. Yay!!!!

Hello. Just an update. My face does look...

Hello.

Just an update. My face does look younger. I would say its 20% tighter. Yay! I'm happy.

My doc is great. She did the procedure herself and I definitely don't recommend anyone other than the Derm do this.

It didn't hurt one bit. However the swelling lasted 10-12 days. The bumps lasted 7 days. The redness 7 days.

Did the person who posted ever list her doctor?
Would you recommend your doctor? Did you have your face and neck done or just your face. Have you seen more improvements in the past two months?

I love reading when people see good results from the procedure they chose to do! Since you mentioned you will plan to do it every 18 months does the cost associated with it give you pause, or is it well worth the price?

Hi. Thanks for asking. Hard to tell. I'm still swollen but much less so. My bruises are now manageable and easy to hide behind makeup. Today I went to the dermatologist office for my one week post procedure pics. I saw a couple of patient pics while I was there and this procedure is definitely effective. Results are usually visible at 2 months and continue to improve up to 6 months.

With respect to the down time, it seems to be longer than ulthera. However, with respect to the pain, I felt almost no pain while ulthera patients reports significant pain. Not sure if there is a head to head comparison of the skin laxity results which is really what we are all looking for. Do you know of any studies that compare these two procedures?

I'm sure it is hard to tell at this point, but can you see any changes in your skin, or is it just too hard to assess with the bruising & swelling that remains?

So glad to hear you are healing up well! Good job thinking ahead to get some makeup to cover up the bruises. You'll have to let us know how it works!

:D thx!
Today is 24 hours after my procedure. I Would suggest carving out a good week off work if you are considering this procedure.

My face is more swollen today. I continue to have the red puncture marks all over the trestment area, but they are less noticeable and less inflamed today. I have minimal bruising along the bottom corners of my chin only. I still don't have any pain. My dermatologist's assistant call me to inquire about my symptoms and reassured me that this was the normal healing process. She suggested continued ice packs to assist with the swelling. Thankfully, I took a week off work so I am in no hurry.

So far so good. I'll keep you guys posted.

Glad things are going well for you...even if I am slightly jealous that you have no wrinkles at 37. ;)

Hope healing goes quick & gives you great results!!

I take care of my skin so I don't have wrinkles yet and I never have had a problem with acne either thanks to mom and dad. However, after turning 35, I started to notice that my cheeks were starting to crawl down my face a little creating small jowls that were not there in my early 30s. So my aesthetic goal is: improved tone and lift. Hope that this helps.

Wow, that sounds like quite the procedure! I'm very interested to hear what changes you see in your skin. Do you mind me asking what you were hoping it would treat (ie acne, fine lines, skin tone, etc)?