Passive Aggressive Much? / African American Nose / Nose Job - New York, NY

It seems like a lot of doctors seem to respond to...

it seems like a lot of doctors seem to respond to the posts regarding people seeking rhinoplasty for low cost or internationally....buyer beware. I've seen soooo many, if not TOOO many botched jobs from US doctors who claim to have all these acredations. It's bogus to me! I am genuinely unhappy with my nose and genuinely cannot afford an amazing doctor like Dr. Tobias here in NYC. So I am interested in taking this show on the road. Is it a risk HELL YEAH. But isn't surgery period...ANYWHERE? People die here,people look like Michael Jackson right here...Whoops...actually that was in BEVERLY HILLS. So as I said in my previous post, I am looking for referral not warnings. I've done my research, I'm not a fool and I am aware of the risk...SO if any doctor or patient have any LOVELY reviews for me in regard to rhinoplasty/nose jobs under 5k here in the US with glowing reviews...please send it along my way! THANKS!!!!
none

looking

good luck with that honey your too demanding don't let a gifted doctor see this post because your chances will be lost for ever and chances are if you want a becky your paying well over 8k for a good better nose job good luck with yours .

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Where are you willing to travel to if you can't find a surgeon you can afford in NYC?

Please check out this list of questions to ask prospective surgeons and make sure whichever doctor you choose can answer them to your satisfaction, in addition to making sure that the doctor in question has a lot of experience working on African American noses.

Looking forward to your updates as you progress through this journey.

Thank you very much for this, I recently communicated with Dr. Cynthia Visla in Dominican Republic and I asked her about 13 out of 15 of these questions. I am awaiting reply. I will ask her the other 2 questions because they are actually good ones.

Let us know what she says.

What kind of budget ball park are you in ? I mean , I am at the point where I am trying to still narrow down who my doctor wil be, I had a consult with one of the elites , here in NY Dr. Rizk, and his quote almost drove me to drink. I just think I can get quality work without spending a life's savings, you know. So I completely understand where your coming from. but, before going all the way out some where foreign I would try to exhaust all your options here, if you can.
I decided to go with Dr. Tobias, here in NJ. I am scared out of my mind now. Excited but scared. I have ONE nose and ONE face and I really hope this doctor knows what to do with my ethnic nose and bulby thick skined tip. There's so many thoughts running through my mind. I'm glad i decided to stay close to home, moreover IN the USA, but it doesn't change whether or not this doc can do what I want to make my life happier. ugh! pray for me!
She was very nice over the phone, extremely pleasant. I think as much as I talked about doing it internationlly I couldn't grasp the credentials and finding someone that specialized in RHINOPLASTY, moreso, ethnic rhinoplasty.
It's going to cost much more than i would have paid internationally, about $5800 for the doctor and another $2000 (est.) for hospital and anesthisia. I only wanted to spend $3000. but it's looking more like $7800. I think my insurance will cover about 20% of the 2k. but I wont know until after. I looked at Dr. Rizk and I'd be saving until I'm 85 if I could afford him.
Lolol...You gave me a good laugh with the Dr. Rizk statement, sad but true . I mean come on, I think there so many good, capable surgeons out here just need to seek them out instead looking at the reg. praised ones, we always see. I see your schedule for the 20th. I am too!! Whoohoooo We can be ethnic nose buddies...lolol I am scared too , to be honest, but I just keep telling my self if I dont dont it I wont know . I want to have it done right and pleasing the first time. I mean the face is , exposed right there so theres no hiding it. smhhh I am praying we get the results that we desire physically. Are you taking time off from work or school ? Have you bought any supplies ? I will get my arnica etc this week & start taking them.