Restylane Nigtmare! - New York

I wish I didn't get restylane. It ruined my face!...

I wish I didn't get restylane. It ruined my face! I was never warned about the side-effects and never knew that these lumps or bluish tint can take years to completely go away... or never! I'm so scared that this will be permanent! And obviously, these results occur because it wasn't injected properly which makes me really angry. i really want to sue.

I got botox for my forehead and restylane under my eyes to try and lessen the hollowness and the appearance of dark circles. My forehead came out amazing. He did it so it looked so natural and it didn’t cause any swelling or bruising. Restylane for my under eyes, on the other hand, is a different story. During the injection, I did swell up and bruise quite a bit. But, I was expecting that, so I was ok. However, when the puffiness of certain areas under my eyes and bruise along the injected site remain even after 2 weeks, I knew something was wrong. My hollow under eye was puffy in certain little areas and other areas were completely still hollow. It gave a lumpy appearance and what I thought was remnant of bruise still remained. I quickly discovered that the bluish tint under my eyes is a result of superficial injection. I’m really so upset because it ruined my face! I called the office of Dr. Wallach and told the receptionist what was happening and I was told to come in so the doctor can evaluate me and if needed, they can inject the hyaluronidase to correct this. And then she told me that I wouldn’t need to pay to see the doctor, but I would have to pay for the hyaluronidase. This REALLY upset me because I paid for a botched up job and now I’m suffering due to this and expected to pay to have it corrected?

Anyway, I went to him because he was really highly rated and considered a TOP/Expert doctor. Everytime I look at my face, I’m furious! I don’t look like myself. I have these lumps underneath my eyes and constant blue tint. The whole reason I wanted the fillers is to remove the appearance of the dark circles under my eyes. Now it looks worse! I’ve been reading on line that although the lumps will dissolve over time, the bluish tint may be permanent! I’m so angry and frustrated! I really hope this isn’t the case. I will NEVER do this again! And I suggest you really research the doctors and procedure before you decide. Restylane should have a warning about the possibility of bluish tint and that it can possibly be forever! I really want to sue.

Restylane Nightmare

I'm still very depressed and hate looking at myself in the mirror. I really wish i never got this done. The law should mandate doctors to explain the potential side-effects thoroughly. I'm basically stuck with this horrible botched up result from "TOP/EXPERT" surgeon. I'm really angry and really hate life right now.
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Wallach thru Realself.com and booked an appointment purely based on the reviews posted by people who had done procedures with him. I knew the importance of choosing a highly experienced injector so I was comforted to know that he was considered an expert injector and many years of experience. So, I guess the lesson I learned is that just because someone is considered a Top/ Expert doesn’t mean he is. As a person, Dr. Wallach is a very nice and personable doctor. He was very patient and explained the whole procedure to me. I was very apprehensive and he made me feel very at ease. So, although I went there just for a consult, I decided to just do the procedure right then and there.