Restylane Nigtmare! - New York

I wish I didn't get restylane. It ruined my face!...

I wish I didn't get restylane. It ruined my face! I was never warned about the side-effects and never knew that these lumps or bluish tint can take years to completely go away... or never! I'm so scared that this will be permanent! And obviously, these results occur because it wasn't injected properly which makes me really angry. i really want to sue.

I got botox for my forehead and restylane under my eyes to try and lessen the hollowness and the appearance of dark circles. My forehead came out amazing. He did it so it looked so natural and it didn’t cause any swelling or bruising. Restylane for my under eyes, on the other hand, is a different story. During the injection, I did swell up and bruise quite a bit. But, I was expecting that, so I was ok. However, when the puffiness of certain areas under my eyes and bruise along the injected site remain even after 2 weeks, I knew something was wrong. My hollow under eye was puffy in certain little areas and other areas were completely still hollow. It gave a lumpy appearance and what I thought was remnant of bruise still remained. I quickly discovered that the bluish tint under my eyes is a result of superficial injection. I’m really so upset because it ruined my face! I called the office of Dr. Wallach and told the receptionist what was happening and I was told to come in so the doctor can evaluate me and if needed, they can inject the hyaluronidase to correct this. And then she told me that I wouldn’t need to pay to see the doctor, but I would have to pay for the hyaluronidase. This REALLY upset me because I paid for a botched up job and now I’m suffering due to this and expected to pay to have it corrected?

Anyway, I went to him because he was really highly rated and considered a TOP/Expert doctor. Everytime I look at my face, I’m furious! I don’t look like myself. I have these lumps underneath my eyes and constant blue tint. The whole reason I wanted the fillers is to remove the appearance of the dark circles under my eyes. Now it looks worse! I’ve been reading on line that although the lumps will dissolve over time, the bluish tint may be permanent! I’m so angry and frustrated! I really hope this isn’t the case. I will NEVER do this again! And I suggest you really research the doctors and procedure before you decide. Restylane should have a warning about the possibility of bluish tint and that it can possibly be forever! I really want to sue.

Restylane Nightmare

I'm still very depressed and hate looking at myself in the mirror. I really wish i never got this done. The law should mandate doctors to explain the potential side-effects thoroughly. I'm basically stuck with this horrible botched up result from "TOP/EXPERT" surgeon. I'm really angry and really hate life right now.
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Wallach thru Realself.com and booked an appointment purely based on the reviews posted by people who had done procedures with him. I knew the importance of choosing a highly experienced injector so I was comforted to know that he was considered an expert injector and many years of experience. So, I guess the lesson I learned is that just because someone is considered a Top/ Expert doesn’t mean he is. As a person, Dr. Wallach is a very nice and personable doctor. He was very patient and explained the whole procedure to me. I was very apprehensive and he made me feel very at ease. So, although I went there just for a consult, I decided to just do the procedure right then and there.

PS: just wanted to mention that a number of years ago I also had a slight tindall effect under one eye from a doctor--who actually is very good (not Dr Yang). It was very slight and we decided just to leave it as the contour was fine. I did find that it would swell occasionally and leave my under eye a little crepey (when the swelling went down). I used retina A for this and it improved--probably within about 3 months and the blue color just faded out. After that, I only had filler injected along the bone (on top of the cheek) and never again had a problem--it still filled the hollow on my specific face (which likely has a different anatomy than yours). Dr. Yang has some interesting techniques..so it may be worth a consult to see how he can help.
Hey there. Very sorry to hear this. TBH, I have not heard great things about Wallach, despite the reviews, which is one reason why I never went to him. If you want serious help, go see Dr. Yang on the UES. He uses a canula around the eyes and is very careful---in fact, you'll be there a good hour at least in the room with him while he maps out what he will do. Plus, he shows you pics. You can read my review on real self . GL!
What a terrible experience. I can't believe this doctor wants to charge you for the removal of the restylane!! When results are not satisfactory the patient should be refunded. I had a bad experience with restylane under the eyes but unlike you I didn't bruise at all. However bags under the eyes developed which made me like 10 years older. I had it dissolved with hyaluronidase a month later and thankfully the area got better. But the doc didn't charge me for the removal. I was so upset and I should have demanded a refund. Another surgeon told me it's because the restylane was injected superficially. Anyway I wouldn't do it again even if the doctor says it's safe when it's injected the right way. I hope your problem get resolved soon. Take care.
thank you... i'm really scared to dissolve this with hyaluronidase because i heard horror stories about it. so, i go back and forth between my decision. i want to dissolve it but scared to death that i will lose my own collagen as i have read. thank God, you got better and you didn't have a horrible result from hyaluronidase.
Zooster- did you notice any adverse reaction from the hyaluronidase at all? Is there any change in your skin quality or tightness? And indentation where the filler used to be? Any discolouration? My result from dissolving filler under the eyes was diabolical. I would like to know the specifics of your result. Thanks.
What about having laser tx on face ...the heat from laser may dissolve filler. The one where they zap the capillaries.
Sorry - I see you have not yet had the hyaluronidase. BE CAREFUL. Read all the negative reviews. The doctors will say it's completely safe but they are talking about a different application (ophthalmological surgery). There are NO studies about the use of hyaluronidase to dissolve filler. It is NOT the same as using hyaluronidase in an area with no filler. I had a test shot in the arm in case of allergy and nothing happened but when it was used under my eyes to dissolve HA filler, the results were disastrous as described in my previous comment. The dissolving occurred more than two months ago and there has been no improvement. I am having more filler put in next week because I am desperate for it to look a little better. Fingers crossed.
Yea... I read some really harmful side effects from hyaluronidase. I'm scared to do anything to my face anymore. Sorry you are going thru this. These doctors!!! Ugh! We trust them and basically put out life in their hands.... So horrible
I had the bluish tint after juvederm in tear troughs. It was not permanent but it lasted more than two years from mid 2009 to early 2012. Hyaluronidase is also very damaging to the skin under the eyes and the dissolving process causes MORE discolouration. My lower lids are absolutely ruined from hyaluronidase. The area under my eyes used to be light purple and now it's black. I have a dent where the filler used to be (despite an attempt to refill) and the skin is loose and crepey. Google "hyaluronidase eyes" or "hyaluronidase disaster" or "hyaluronidase ruined my face" and you will see many, many stories from people who are damaged by hyaluronidase, particularly when it is used under the eyes. Were you informed of any of these risks before the hyaluronidase was used?
Doctor gave me ZERO warnings about these possible side effects. If I had known, I wouldn't have done it. I'm still so angry and scared that my face is ruined! I'm scared to do anything else on my face!
My lower lids are ruined. Honestly. It's revolting. They do not look like they belong to the rest of my face. I would like a blepharoplasty but do not want to have surgery due to desperation. I will have a blepharoplasy at some point but I need everything to settle down first. My only option in the interim is more filler in tear troughs, which I don't really want to do either. My appointment is this Friday and I am anxious beyond words. The filler under my eyes was dissolved without my consent and I am making a complaint about the doctor who did it. As to warning of risks, it appears that marketing for Allergan and Medicis has become more important than the ethical practice of medicine. This is a clear conflict of interest. There is just not enough accountability in cosmetic medicine and the pursuit of $$$s seems to take precedence over patient care.
I d
I don't know if you should anything to try and correct what your doctor did. Even if I want to try and do everything to correct it, I'm gonna wait patiently for the restylane dissolve. I read fillers with cannula is the best way to do it. And the new filler called boletero under the eyes is best because it doesn't have the blue tint side effect and it's thinner filler which makes it perfect for the thin area under the eye. Try and find a doctor who administers fillers thru cannula. Meanwhile, try and massage the filled area with warm compress. I truly hope you get better...
Thanks so much. You too. I can tell you that the filler that was dissolved without my consent had lasted FIVE YEARS in my tear troughs. The last time I had juvederm was in mid 2009 and it was dissolved two months ago. The horrible result was instant and I couldn't leave the house for a week until I could get the indentations refilled. The refill looks awful and it is not enough. I still have circles under my eyes that I did not have before. The hyaluronidase caused then and they are horribly obvious. I wear fake glasses to hide them. I am terribly depressed about it as well as angry.
I'm so sorry... Seriously though if you still need more fillers, look into boletero and physician who uses cannula technique. Best of luck and let me know the result!
Thanks so much for your support and advice. I really appreciate it. I feel very lost and alone. I'm in Australia so my choices are limited. I will definitely ask about Boletero but I am not sure we have it here? The stress and worry of a face disaster is overwhelming. I think about it all the time. I looked so much better before. I feel ridiculous for being sucked in by such a hit and miss industry. I will let you know how I go on Friday. Good luck to you too and please let me know what (if anything) you decide to do.
I decided to just leave it alone and let time heal. I've actually been massaging my lumps and that seems to help. I really regretted doing it and cried over it for awhile. I really think it should be a law for doctors should explain the possible side effects of restylane and juvederm, Tyndall effect... But I decided not to obsess over it. I highly doubt I will do this again but if I do, I will never go back to the doctor that did it. I will also do boletero and look for a doctor who performs with cannula. Good luck and let me know your result.
Filler literally lasts for years in the tear troughs. You will have no need to do it again for a long time unless you think you need to camouflage the current filler, like I am doing. I'll let you know what happens for me on Friday. Please, please, please let it turn out okay. I'm desperate for some improvement but I definitely fear another disaster. So afraid!
if someone less after hylase any treatment to fill it again with a filler .... !! and how it looks now and how long it takes to come back to normal. i'm 27 years old and have the same problem but i'm scarred to fill it again with filler. have someone experience. sorry for my bad englisch. best wishes nelly
Dear Nelly - your English is fine. I understand you. You had filler in your tear troughs in January 2014. Then there was a bump so you had the filler dissolved in April 2014. And now your lower eyelids look worse than before the filler. Is that correct? You are waiting for your eyelids to go back to normal after the hyaluronidase and you want to know how long it will take. This is my answer: Unfortunately, I don't think your eyes will go back to normal. Do you have loose skin? Is it darker under your eyes? Are they puffy? Do you have more wrinkles? I think damage from hyaluronidase is permanent. I think the only thing that will help is more filler. I am having more filler on Friday to disguise the damage to my lower eyelids from hyaluronidase. I think there is no other option. I am crossing my fingers that there is some improvement on Friday. Do you want more filler under your eyes?
No i have it dissolved on 11 July, it is 2 months ago ... !! i loos just little bit but it comes back but not enough .... i have always dark cirkles and wrinkles under my eyes but now it looks not the same .... ! my eyes just puffy on the morning a bit than by day it goes away. i`m scarred to fill again the eye area .... so i have the question if someone wait just a year after the hylase how it looks now ... !? it can be that the body return you own hyaluorn acid back time by time ..... !! i`m 27 years old so i don`t know .... !!! how long it past by your treatment with hylase ? Lot of doctors says it doesn`t damage your own skin etc. and there are lot of people with horror stories with hylase and the other one with good experience but nobody said how long the wait to be better or do nothing and will wait to see ....that`s the problem. so my friends and my family didn`t see a change .... but i see it.
The positive for you is that you are young so you have the best chance of your eyes improving. I am 41 so I need the filler replaced. I look horrible. Maybe you should wait a few more months and see what happens. If nobody else notices then maybe it's not so bad? Everyone noticed my horrible eyes after the dissolving. I couldn't even go to work until I had some filler put back in because it looked so bad! I also had the hyalase at the start of July and then some more filler a week later. I still look bad. Let me know what you decide to do. These doctors are just guessing with the dissolving so nobody knows what is going to happen. Good luck!
it looks after the dissolving also horrible , i was unhappy adn i don`t go work 1 month ..... i became depression but it comes better and better the skin ... i`m know also unhappy with the result but i`m afraid again. my family and nobody noticed this ... i`m the only one who`s noticed because it`s my face. So i don`t know ... all people the rigt abaout hylase the terrible story i read, the never wait just 1 year to look how it looks one year later after hylase !? i found nobody ... because all the people, who have bad experience run to the doctor 2 weeks later or 2 months later and fill again the area .... ! and the problem in this area is you fill it and fill it ... than the filler produce collagen so you deformed you eye-lid .... ! you understand what i mean ? do you know someone who let it after hylase and how it looks now after many montsh or 1 year later ?
sorry * i`m also now unhappy with the result but i`m afraid to do it again to fill it. * all the people they write about hylase ....
you write: "I also had the hyalase at the start of July and then some more filler a week later. " did you fill it in the eye area again or just in other areas ?