I am having a facelift on June 1st with Dr....

I am having a facelift on June 1st with Dr. Konstantine on the Upper East Side. I lost a lot of weight from 2011-2012 so I have undesired jowls and turkey neck...I have always had bags under the eyes so he is doing upper and lower eyelids as well as a neck lift. Wish me luck!!! I am adding before pics so I can document the transformation. This is me in May without any make-up in full sunlight.

Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf! You're already beautiful and I can only imagine how you'll look after you heal. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?

Looking forward to following your updates!

Sorry, I am 49 years old and hoping to end up being able to look 39 again!! :-) Thanks so much!! Getting nervous so I am just trying to stay busy!!
I live on the upper east side if you need anything :) good luck!!!

I am 49 yrs old

Just so you can judge the changes...
We are all thinking about you and look forward to hearing about your successful surgery!
Wishing you all the best for a successful surgery tomorrow! I, too, am in my 40's and in the process of losing unwanted weight before I have a facelift. After you reached your goal weight did you wait a given amount of time for your body to stabilize before you booked your surgery? I plan to reach my goal weight this year and have decided to wait until 2014 to have surgery just to play it safe. I'm so excited for you and look forward to hearing all about your experience & results post-op. Good luck & take care! :)
Thanks for the well wishes! No, I am still 20 lbs give or take from goal, but I have been stuck here for a while and the sagging face really bothers me. I am OK with the fact that if I lost that extra 20, my face would change, but since I have been stable at this weight for almost a year, I feel this is the boost I need to get over that hump--lose 15-20 and then get the final piece--a tummy tuck next year.

Facelift done today

I am kind of miserable right now. I'm in pain, my eyes are swollen, my ears hurt, my chin hurts....I see changes already.
Hang in there. Drink plenty of water along with all the meds and rest! Keep us all posted on your progress.
Ice packs r ur best friend!
You look great considering and kudos for having the energy to post a photo. Hope those pain meds are adequate and you are able to stay on top of it.

More Pics

More pics 12-15 hrs post op
Going to be amazing
You are looking great for day 1! I found drinking lots of water taking lots of vitamin c and bromalain (or eating pineapple) were a big help. It is amazing the changes you will notice every day!
Thank you so much!!

Day 2 6 am

Day 2 looking a bit better, I think. Nauseous from the pain though and still applying cold compresses. Very hard to sleep.
You look great. I can sympathize with the pain, I did not have as easy a time as some of the other posters on here. Are you nauseous from the pain or your meds? Maybe switch what kind you are on? Please go easy on yourself and get what you need to deal with these first few days. Also you really need to get some kind of food inside you which is tough when you feel nauseated. I pretty much lived on anything that would go through a straw. Be demanding.....
Thank you! It's tough to open my mouth for a bite. Just had a ice cream bar earlier and took a 3 hour nap. That was great but I woke up needing a pain med badly. I'm waiting for them to work now. Got a pitcher of ice water and I will keep on drinking! Thanks to all for your ideas and compassion. Letting the kids order pizza again tonight!
I don't know how old they are, but heck yes! Pizza every night! Seriously, this is you time. And I really would not wait until you need a pain pill...the discomfort can be more difficult to manage if you do. Wishing for good sleep for you.

Day 2 Night

Very sore and feeling yucky!
I wish I could make you feel better! But "yucky" is probably right on track with the healing. Hugs and hang in!
Thank you for your kind words & support. Hugs back.
Thanks, good advice! When did you go off pain meds?

Day 3 pics without wrap

Day 3, hope of a shower today! Here are pics without wrap. Pain is a little less today.

Day 3 more pics

Post shower day 3

Yeah! I had a shower!! Boo, hair loss....did other people lose chucks of hair? I expect most of it will grow back and I can hopefully get a layered cut to hide it! Time to put on Anica and take my antibiotics! Still feel nauseous.
Yay, I'm so glad to hear that the pain is less today! I think you look very good - the swelling isn't very bad at all. How are your eyes feeling? I had several weeks of dry eye symptoms after I had Lasik Eye Surgery and my surgeon recommended Bion Tears Lubricant Eye Drops (preservative free). I liked this product a lot more than any ointment-type gels that I found impaired my vision. I'm also a big fan of protein shakes and make my own. When I'm on the run or not in a position to make a shake I like the 'Special K Protein Shakes' that you can buy at the grocery store or Walgreens & Walmart and many other places. They come in three flavors and have 10 g of protein and 5 g of fiber per bottle. For the best taste chill them well first. They taste more like a treat to me than a nutritional supplement. Sodium is a sure-fire way to trigger more swelling so I would try to steer away from it as much as possible. Hope today is a better one for you -- happy healing & take care. :)

New pic

Hope you are feeling better today. Did your doctor give you Tylenol 3 or another pain medication?
I have Vicoden and Percocet, but I haven't needed them too much.
Your eyes are looking just amazing! They just pop out of your face. You already look like your healing is moving in the right direction. Like Secretps, I also drink a lot of Kefir. It not only has a lot of protein, it's a great probiotic that replaces the good bacteria your surgery and antibiotics take out of you. It will help the healing! Keep posting your journey.

Day 4 pic

Less pain, more tightness, more bruising

4 day pic

Hi! Less pain, but more tightness and swelling. Bruising is bad. Feel better but super tired today.

Day 5 pics

Tight and swollen, getting sick of wearing this wrap. Definite changes appearing. Eyes wide open.

Day 5 pics

More day 5 profile pics, neck pics
Looking great! When the yellow comes that means the end of bruising is near. just a matter of time until the new you!
mgrother, I'm glad you aren't in much pain. I hated taking any pain meds and switched to Tylenol pretty quick. You are a lovely shade of yellow on some of your bruises! :) That's a good thing because the next step is for them to go away! You are doing well and hope that you aren't finding life too tedious while you recover.
It is getting tedious--but I am counting the hours until I can get the stitches out on Sat at noon and stop wearing this annoying head wrap. The itching is starting up so I'd say we have officially started to heal! You look awesome!! :-)

Day 6 photos

Looking a bit like grumpy cat with my bruising!!! Can't wait to get the stitches out tomorrow and be able to put in my contacts again! Still waiting to see if STD approves me so I can take a 2nd week off work...just to rest up a bit more.
I'm in agreement with the 2 week mandatory on this procedure. The problem a lot of us found is the miscellaneous bruising and swelling and crop up anytime.. and in addition to that anything that raises your blood pressure can affect your recovery and delay it! Not wanting to scare you necessarily, but this has been quite a surgical procedure. But you and your doctor will know best. :)
I don't know if you ave a physical job or not.....but I would highly recommend having that time off. Love the grumpy cat comparison. Lol
No, not physical but can involve quite a log of talking. That is the hard part. I figure if I still need pain meds, I should stAy out but if I don't, I can go back. I would just like the extra time to rest. Thanks for the support and good thoughts!

Day 9 pics

Stitches out, finishing antibiotics, kinda nauseous, lethargic today. I am awaiting my STD claim status so this may or may not be the last day off. Still some bruising and had a difficult night of sleep.

Day 9 pics

More pics
Thanks, I have to agree!

Pic Evening Day 9

Looking good mgrother!
Mgrother, I'm wondering if the antibiotics are what is making you nauseated? Hopefully you will see an improvement. You are looking great! Isn't it nice to have those stitches out? I had to keep my head wrapped only at night on the second week, but it made me feel secure that I was not able to squash my ears the wrong way. Are you able to eat any better?
I am sure of that, between The pain meds, clindamycin, lack of regular food....I think that was contributing to the nausea. I am also wrapping my head at night. My ears are still painful. Under my chin and ears still feel tight, otherwise results are starting to show. Thanks for your support and advice. I think I will tackle driving today, but just to the bus stop.

Day 10 pics

Day 10 not much change day to day.
Oh be careful. I was surprised at my weakness when I got behind the wheel. Got as far as the end of the street...
No worries--it's literally only the end of the street and at the next corner!

Day 10

Feeling and looking better after a shower!
You look like a new person!
Thanks! Coming along but still a lot of swelling!
You look wonderful!!!

Day 11 pics

Day 11 closer everyday!

Day 12 pics

Back at work in my home office as of yesterday! Feeling much better!

Looking great! Thank you for all your wonderful updates!

Wow!!
Thanks--I am really starting to like it now--but the pulling and numbness is no less annoying. There is virtually no pain now that Tylenol can't handle!

Day 12 pictures

Do I look 49?
amazing for 12 days...hard to believe...
Thanks! Still swelling and tightness under my jaw. Not 100% yet. But it's very cool!
Thanks! :-)

Day 14

Yeah!!! Starting to feel more normal and love the results! I am really happy with the neck and jaw line now!!
You are healing so well and look wonderful!! Would you mind posting some 'before' shots of your face from the front and side (profile) so that we have a better idea of what you looked like before your facelift. Thanks so much for sharing your recovery and results with everyone. :)
Wow, you look really good! I'm on day 3 and will be doing a story as well. Also, had implants removed and breast lift. I went to Mexico and couldn't imagine it would be so easy! More soon. Continued good luck to you!
Very much looking foward to ur post. I am wanting implants out. So far surgeon says i wont be happy and is discouraging me. I really want them out...i compromised and swapped out for smaller a couple years ago which is better but still want them out. Let me know if u r happy.

Day 17 pics

Happy now, no pain and I can lie on my side on very soft pillows!!!
Yay!  17 days is very good to be happy!
You look great!  Thank you so much for posting so many detailed, up close photos.  It really gives a good idea what to expect after the surgery.  I am always scared of that but yours does not look bad.  Did you stay overnight in a hotel or go home the same day?  How many follow up appts are there & how soon after the surgery?  Do you have any close up shots of the stitches around the ears?
You look amazing,in fact stunning ,and the cost is very doable.I wish i had the time right now to see this doctor.

Three weeks out

Feeling good and loving the results. I am still waiting for some lumpy areas under my jaw and neck to even out but otherwise great! The owner at a B&B said "there's something different about you, I just can't put my finger on it, did you change your hair?" At that point, he started touching my hair and I was like, "I'm just young and spry!"

My mechanic asked me if my car had ever been in that shop before
And let's just say, we are regulars with 2 older cars. I was just there a month before my surgery and I guess he didn't recognize me! Cool. The test will be this coming weekend when I am meeting a bunch of high school pals for a party. I am hoping the neck swelling is gone by then.

More day 23 pics

You were very cute anyway, but now you look great! I am at 16 days and getting happier! (just waiting for a slight blackened eye to go away!) Thanks for your experience.
You are looking great! How fun is the reaction from people you see all the time. :) Enjoy the party with the H.S. buddies and let us know how it goes!
excellent results!

More recent pics, still happy

One lumpy area on the neck left to go away! Otherwise love the results and sensation returns a bit each day!! Happy with my results and I think I look 30-35 now but maybe that's just me!!

More pics 7 weeks post op

New haircut 2 inches off!!

More pics!

Haircut
Congratulations on "doing it" - you look great! I was very surprised at the cost of your procedures as its NYC - less than Portland, OR as my first quote for a facelift was $8,000 - covers top of cheekbones to under chin (including a quick tightening there and bit of lipo - which I did not go in asking for as the neck is not the area that bothers me). I really want to stay local having had my nose done last year for medical reasons (which insurance paid for thankfully). Seattle is only 3.5 hours but going back and forth wasted a lot of time. The other option was long distance to LA for instance, and staying at a care facility for a week but that adds $6,000 :(
If you are cheating, then you are cheating by working out, eating right, keeping out of the sun, working on your brain to keep it sharp!!! Lots of people sit around and don't "cheat" or work at anything..they just let it all happen to them. I don't think you should feel that you are cheating. We have all these opportunities and you are just taking advantage of them. I just spent quite a bit of money last year on learning TM ) meditation, and I could call that cheating, because it helps me deal with the stress in life and I love it..On the other hand I have friends who want it but would rather spend that money on going to Europe...It's ok...we all have these choices and it's what you make of life. I'm also "cheating" by replacing my hormones!!! But I'd rather do that than dry up and be a bitch...It's ok..Enjoy your life!
Thanks! Excellent advice! I know this comes from my own insecurities...but I do work hard--even working hard to make the $$$ to pay for the procedure so you are right....we have choices...I won't be traveling this year because I had the lift instead...I should enjoy it fully..just like I would enjoy a vacation fully.

So happy with my results....I feel like 35 again!

I am really thrilled with my results...couldn't be happier unless he did a tummy tuck at the same time. Yes, there a couple spots I think are still healing but I get looks from 20 something guys...I am happily married, but I think that's just how my much I have transformed...the eyes have it...the eyes are the most WOW part of this!! I feel like I am aging in reverse and that is NOT an exagerration. My 15 yo son said--what are you? Some kind of Benjamin Button!! I am happy, happy, happy...if you are in the NYC area, RUN, don't walk to the phone and make an appt with Dr. Konstantin!! 212 380 3634
You look beautiful. Thanks for all the pictures. I can't believe the inscisions at your ear, you can't see where they were! I pray my PS can sew & hide my inscisions that well.
Mgrother, you are a great story of successful FL...  And what great results!

Great Results after 3 months!! New pics

Had a glam shot done and took some new pics!! Awaiting large pics back too. I am very happy with my results!! Well worth it!! Do your research and have realistic expectations and they will likely be exceeded!! Stay happy..
Thank-you for sharing so many helpful details of your journey with us! I can't tell you how much I have appreciated all the pictures and updates that you provided. I know it couldn't have been easy to take pics on your own of all the different angles of your face as well as your incisions and (invisible!) scars, but you did a fantastic job! If I had one more request of you, it would be to keep providing updates periodically throughout the first year, if you can. I would love to know how you're doing once you reach your one year post-op anniversary. Thanks again & take care - you look fabulous!
Thank you so much! I will certainly post at least every couple months.
Still looking good. When did your face stop changing, or had it? Swelling and stuff.

Real Before and After Pics

OK for the big picture (literally)--here's my real before and after pics...prior to weight loss surgery in Oct 2011 and then after my face lift in June 23, 2013 (22 days after my facelift)! Hope this is helpful.
You look great!!!!
You look great. I think you look 20 years younger than the before pic from 2011. Wonderful outcome all the way around!
You look fantastic!

Pics 1 year later!!!! Still happy.....

It's been 1 year since I had my facelift with Dr. Konstantin in NYC. I am truly happy with the results. Here are some pics 1 yr later.
You Look Wonderful
Thank you so much!
What an incredibly cute face you have.!!!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD Pending ---so far, so good! After 1 year, still the best plastic surgeon for facial surgery....I love it, very happy.... Thank you Dr. K.