One Treatment Not Sufficient - New York, NY

My first treatment was on April 27th 2012 with a...

My first treatment was on April 27th 2012 with a nurse. The treatment is more painful than most users and the marketing brochures detail. To start, there are dozens of injections of lidocaine to numb the underarm area. The Miradry machine - which sounds like it is singing Enya repertoire oddly - is applied to the skin for a limited time in each area. Depending on the area, the Miradry machine lands, it can hurt like a mother or just feel mildly irrititating.

I went home with some ice packs provided by the office. Despite using the ice packs, my underarms blew up to massive proportions - perhaps needing their own zip code. They recommend taking OTC Advil or Tylenol. I believe they should offer up a prescription for a stronger anti-inflammatory available by prescription. I say this as the Advil had little result. I turned to Naproxen which I had a prescription for, and that helped a lot. The zip code arm pits kept their volume for about three days and then returned to their pre-Hulk status completely within two weeks. What is left are bumpy ridges which remain on about a month.

Today, the swelling is gone but unfortunately the sweating remains. I still have substantial sweating under my right arm. Photo below snapped from this morning. I took the photo on a humid morning in NY where I walked about 10 blocks. My left underarm remained dryer.

I was told that the first treatment alone works for 95% of the patients. Apparently I'm the odd woman out. I hope the second treatment does the trick and eliminates this embarrassing underarm sweating for good. Otherwise, this has been an expensive and painful procedure

I just had my second Miradry treatment on August...

I just had my second Miradry treatment on August 3rd 2012. The nurse used the #3 setting for the Miradry machine. This second time, I had pain upon use of the Miradry machine, but it quickly subsided. I posted a photo to show what the swelling looked like a day after the procedure. I made sure to use ice for about 9 hours following the procedure and took anti-inflammatory medicine.

It is too early to tell whether my underarm sweating is gone due to the swelling, but right now it appears I am not sweating much at all under my arms despite it being very hot and humid in NYC. In fact, earlier this week, I walked from the east to west side during one of the hottest, most humid days of the summer and while my face and back got sweaty, my underarms remained dry.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the swelling subsides and the bumps go away, the sweat will also stay far, far away.

I'll keep you posted in a few weeks!
Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists-NYC

I was not treated by a doctor so I cannot rate a doctor.