Just Started Latisse, Covered by my Medical Insurance - New York, NY

I am not sure if it was a mistake but I only paid...

I am not sure if it was a mistake but I only paid $50 at the drug store with my medical card. Doctor told me it's cosmetic and wouldn't be covered.

I have another 5 refills and can't wait to see results.

any opthomalogist or plastic surgeon can write the prescription. latisse works well...i have blue eyes and it has not changed the color at all and i've had no problems with it. it's pricey...about $120 in texas with no insurance. best to ck w/ your opthomalogist first to make sure you don't have any eye issue that would interfere. has made my blonde lashes longer and maybe a little thicker and i've been using it 8 mos.

Thanks sahhira, appreciate you sharing that info!! :)

What are the reasons it would be written for? I'm 52 and I've had a lot of thinning in my lashes & am dealing with them falling out too much. I have a derm and hope to get a Rx.

I don't know for sure, because I've never tried to get one, but I'm pretty sure you can just tell your doctor you want a prescription for Latisse and as long as they don't see any reason it would be unsafe for you they will prescribe it. Whether insurance will cover it or not is a different story, but I don't think getting the actual prescription is too difficult. Like I said though, I'm speculating and not speaking from experience. Would love it if you would let us know how it goes when you request one.

its working great one thing its not cvered by ins fist time drug stroe charge me $100.00 ithe cost hurt but i tryed it any way just went back to get it again and the cost went up to $158.00 within a month the cost out ways what i can afford its a shame that it whent up so much middle glass girls cant afford this
Latisse price went up to $150. I have stopped using it and been using Careprost (generic version of Latisse). I got same results and careprost is only $30 a bottle in USA or you can order from India for $10 a bottle but shipping charge is $20.
Jadenyc

Glad to hear that it really works my problem is finding a doctor that will write a scrip I went to latisste web site and the doctors that they have listed When i call them they say that they dont write scripts for latisste they try to give me sothing that they sell i never heard of the copay are adding up

Here is some info about how to get a Latisse prescription.

Thanks for the comment,

-Britt

You can go to your optimologist for perscription.
Please note you need a perscription for Latisse. I can not able to purchase this for anyone else.
I have been using it for 6 weeks and I already see a dramatic difference in length and thickness. It's also helped fill in my eyebrows. Sorry I can't disclose the name of my insurance company, as I do not want anyone making any inquiries regarding covering on Latisse.
What insurance covered this?
if latisse grows eyelashes and it benefit frontal hair loss?