Dr. Colen is Amazing!!! - New York, NY

A month and a half ago I went to Dr. Helen Colen...

A month and a half ago I went to Dr. Helen Colen for a labiaplasty consultation. We spent over an hour discussing every small detail that is involved with the procedure. I was very pleased that she spent as much time as I needed to asked all my questions honestly and didn’t sugar coat anything like previous plastic surgeons I’ve visited prior to her. She made me feel very comfortable discussing the topic (which can be a bit taboo for some) and the discomfort that I’ve felt for a long time. She was very understanding, patient and supportive explaining that this procedure has become second nature to her since she’s been doing this for many years.

Two weeks later I came back for the procedure. I was a bit nervous because the thought of being under local kind of gave me the jitters. But once Dr. Colen delivered the local anesthetic I realized how silly I was to be afraid. I felt a pinch and the rest of the process was walk in the park. During the procedure Dr. Colen and Tara (Dr. Colens surgical assistant) were both very entertaining, I couldn’t believe how fast time flew by. For me it took about an hour but as I was told during the consult that it may vary from person to person.

After I was cleaned up, Tara walked me through how to tend to the area and what I may expect in the upcoming 48 hours. Tara was absolutely amazing, such a pleasure to talk to. She makes herself available to her patients at anytime for any questions you may have before or after your surgery.
Today, a month after my labiaplasty I cannot be more pleased. I experienced minimal discomfort during my post op. I saw beautiful result within the first two weeks after the swelling started to go down. There was a bit of discomfort sitting down for the first week and you wobble like a penguin. The pain was very minimal, I just took an extra strength Tylenol the first day, after I felt no pain. As of now, the majority of the swelling is gone and the results are outstanding. There is no scaring; you can barely tell I had any work done. I was told that in two months the results will be even better but in six months the results are going to be perfection. From what I see right now I can’t be more excited!

Dr. Colen is magnificent at her job. I can’t really put into words how amazing she and her whole staff are. They really are the dream team of plastic surgeons artists. I highly recommend her if you are planning to have any work done.

New York Plastic Surgeon

A lot of Google research.

Finding the right doctor is so important!

I'm so glad to hear this went well for you and that you're healing up nicely. I truly appreciate your sharing on RealSelf!