So Far So Good! :) - New York, NY

I'm 23, and have battled acne throughout my high...

I'm 23, and have battled acne throughout my high school and early college years. Now that the breakouts are gone, I've been desperately wanting to try Fraxel for sometime. I've heard mixed to good things, but really thought I'd fair well with the laser. I finally found a laser center in New York that had great prices and great deals (Bellair Laser Center). I had a free consultation about a month ago, and bought a 4 session deal (2 full face and 2 half face for the problem areas) with one free microdermabrasion appointment included. Not bad!

Today went really well. They put numbing cream on my face and left it on for about 45 minutes. After that, they put alcohol over that, and that the procedure began. They continually told me that it would hurt and to let them know if I needed any breaks. To be honest, I was expecting it to hurt SO much more. I never needed a break. It probably lasted a total of 15-20 minutes.

I was also expecting the recovery to be harder. I'm boarding a flight tomorrow and was worried I'd be too uncomfortable and red to fly. But as of now - 6 hours later - I feel as though I just have a light tan on my face. Mind you, I've been religiously applying sun screen and moisturizer all day. But I'm very happy with how quickly I'm recovering.

Immediately afterwards, I was already surprised by the difference I could see. My pores were MUCH MUCH smaller on my nose and under my eyes, and the forehead scarring and wrinkles were much increased. I have no idea if it's just an initial thing, but I intend to continue vigorously applying skin care to keep it as nice as it is now. :)

I booked my next appointment for Jan 13 (Over 6 weeks away). I'll keep you updated as the sessions progress! AND I'll be posting photos ASAP.

-B

Third Day after Fraxel

Hi guys. I flew home yesterday with no troubles. Yesterday, my skin didn't bother me at all. But I have to say that today, my skin is getting very itchy. It's much more red than yesterday, so I've been trading off between aquaphor and aloe vera, and have pretty much stayed inside all day.

In the pictures you can see the difference between immediately after the treatment. My skin appears blotchy (and feels like sandpaper) and reddish. The smoothness that was there on day 1 - especially in the creases on my forehead - has gone away. I knew that would happen. I will say that my pores are still looking MUCH less visible than before the treatment, so that makes me very happy.

I'll update again in a few days.

I'm 23, and have battled acne throughout my high...

Hey I also had a fraxel laser with them too they are very sweet

Thanks for the update!!

Thanks so much for your review...glad everything is going wonderfully and you can board your flight comfortably :) Keep us posted and if you have any before and after photos would love to see them!

thank you for posting your skin looks good, you dont need too many sessions my advise dont overdue it let the skin heal very well 8-12 months