Extremely Nervous About Mommy Makeover - New York, NY

I am a mother of 3 beautiful children. I'm 33...

I am a mother of 3 beautiful children. I'm 33 years old and very unhappy with the way my body has changed after childbirth. I am considering having a tummy tuck and breask augmentation with a lift. I'm so nervous about the recovery and going under anesthesia. Need to hear from some of you experienced moms.

Having second thoughts about getting implants. I'm...

Having second thoughts about getting implants. I'm so nervous I'm not sleeping at night and after seeing the news last night about implants being a possible link to lymphoma I was really freaked out. I don't know if I should just get a lift without the implants. I just don't know if I'll be happy with the way they will look without the them. This is so frustrating and the more time I spend researching online the more discouraged I get.

I did it! Had it done yesterday 2/15. So glad it's...

I did it! Had it done yesterday 2/15. So glad it's over. I will update everyone with moew info as soon I feel more up to it. For all the ladies that have beeen through this, My PS put in 350cc's and they are huge right now. I'm trying not to panic I ididn't want to go big I want to be a full see. Do they go down tremendously or I'm I gonna stay close to this size?

Brooklyn340,
I really really hope so!!! I go to my first post op appointment tomorrow so I am so curious what he is going to tell me.. Yes, I hope they move down lot in four weeks.
I hear ya when looking at my body! It no longer feels like mine. I know this will take time!
i think they'll fill out, they still have to move. are you massaging them? lol what i should have said is they settled alot in 4 weeks. i get so nervous when i look in the mirror, i feel like i am looking at someone elses body.
Brooklyn340,
I like the "seem to have settled a lot." I hope mine have a ways to go as well being 8 days post op... I assume so.
I too kept telling my PS, "I am not like most women. I want to look natural and don't want to be huge." He listened... We talked about size a lot but I wanted to be a small C in the end but I hope I am even that.. Yes, I need to give it time.. I honestly am liking them more and more. They do look so beautifully natural. My fear is that they won't fill out a little skin I have yet to fill out in the bottom center of the breast:/. Patience, patience.. Thanks for talking!
Hi Mommy of 5,

I'm happier with my implants now. I still feel they are a little big but they are still a little swollen. I'm 4 weeks now and they seemed to have settled alot. I was also a C pre kids lol with the weight loss i was a B. I'm definitely bigger than i was pre kids now. I would have liked to have been a little smaller. My PS put a bigger implant in to avoid lifting them fully. You are gonna see alot of changes in time. My nipples seemed to be low at first but within the past couple of weeks they have rised almost like a flower lol. Give it time I think you'll be happy. From what I read on here everyone wished they went bigger. Guess I'm one of the only ones that doesn't lol I just prefer a more natural look.
Brooklyn3404,
I have to ask how you like your implants? How long did it take for them to settle? I didn't want to go too big either, but I am afraid I went to small after the swelling goes down :(. I was shrunken to a small A after being a C prekids. I am hoping these 371 silicone implants fill in my skin more:/.. Praying praying that a lot changes but I know I need to be patient! How are you feeling? Swelling?
Citycat, I just realized I went on and on without answering your guestion..Iwas a 34b sometimes C depending on the bra company and I had 350 cc's put in to be a full C. So far I look like Dolly Parton lol But I really hope once the awelling goes down I will be the size I want. I will post pics soon. My stomach is still full of stretch marks but the good thing is that there's so extra skin. Yay!
Hi Citycat!
I know exactly how you feel, I was very nervous and almost didn't go through with it. I didn't have lipo, my PS thought I should have had a little on the flanks but I was afraid to do too much. Tell you the truth this binder is so freakin heavy that I feel like I sweated the excess fat away lol.

My experience so far has not been that bad at all. I compare the TT to a C section but not as bad. I don't even feel my incision. The only thing I feel is a little tightness where he made the new belly button. The first few days my back hurt more than anything. I don't know if it was from being on the bed in surgery too long. My whole procedure was 5hrs and 10 min. I was a overwhelmed with my breasts this week, they were extremely large and I thought they would never go down. After a full week went by I finally see a difference. The swelling has gone down alittle but I am happy to see some kind of improvement. I'm not the most patient person so it's very hard for me to lay around and do nothing, even waiting to see results has been hard for me.

I will tell you this make sure you have stool softner in the house beacuse the pain killers constipate you (I had no idea) also nake sure you eat with the pain killers it is so important, I got so sick from not eating. I have to say I'm feeling pretty good and I've been going out as much as I can. I will keep you posted and feel free to ask me anything. Can I say that is has been worth it, not yet but I'm leaning towards yes. lol My problem is I'm just not patient!
I'm nervous too! I'm stoked about the tummy but breasts implants are scaring me too! And lipo....I hope you post some pics, what was your starting cup?
My first set were 400cc a they dropped and got smaller a whole lot? Takes about 3 weeks... You will love them,just give it time!
The swelling takes a while to go down. A friend of mine had swelling on and off for about 6 months.
I guess I need to be more patient! Lol
he says he is only putting in one drain. i don't know why.
Every dr has a different opinion. Honestly one of mine drained very little daily and the other one drained 10 times more. I'm glad to have them out for sure,but I have noticed a bit more swelling tonight now that they are gone :(
Good Luck!! How long was the drain in for and was it only one?
I had two drains,both coming out of pubic hairline and they were in for 1 week. So glad they are out. I posted my week post op pics,nut it may take awhile for them to show up.
I'm so glad u do. I hope I'm that lucky. lol I haven't slept a straight night in over a month. Guess it's anxiety.
I did the same thing girl before my surgery. I have definatley got cAught up on the sleep now. I'm headed to my PS in a few for my first ck up and drain removal.
Very! Can't wait to be done! How are you feeling?
I feel better than I ever imagined I would. Really just tired...
Are u getting anxious?
I think I'm gonna go for it! Implants I mean. My PS said the same thing. I just don't think I will be happy with the fullness of my breasts just getting a lift. I have always worn a padded bra and I think thats why I've always felt bigger than what I really am so getting a small implant should make a nice difference.

How are you feeling? How do the implants feel?
I would!
Luv, You would what? Get the implants right? lol
Hey Brooklyn,
Have you made a decision about whether or not your going with just a lift or with implants? It's a very scary decision...isn't it? As far as I know, they haven't been able to link any disease to implants yet. That is the info I recieved from my PS. It's a big committment, though. I can understand why your so nervous to make a decision.
They said in both types of implants but they really don't give enough info. I called my PS and he said there isn't enough out there yet and they should have been more specific with the types of implants they are. It was on channel 7. You can google it online.