Dermaroller for Stretch Mark Review - New York, NY

Hi ! So I have some rather annoying stretch marks...

Hi ! So I have some rather annoying stretch marks on my upper thigh/lower waist so to say ! Although not extremely visible I would definitely love to get rid of them ! My coworker recently told me about the roller and after researching I thought I would give it a try ! I started on Thursday so today was day 3 for me ! It's a little painful/uncomfortable feeling but bearable ! I have seen very minimal puncture wounds/bleeding as you will see from the pics - i plan on using the roller for 7 days straight then rest for a day or two then so on and so on - I mean for $30 couldn't hurt to try right lol and I have seen some b4 and afters and this thing seems to really work !! Fingers crossed lol I will post a pic every week after tenement - I've also read you must be patient !! Let's see ^_^ also the area gets red and puffy after using but this is normal after all these are tiny needles !

Am I rolling to much ?

So I've been researching a lot more and I'm reading how they say for best results to wait at least a week each time I roll to allow healing does anyone know this to be true ?

Severe itching

I had severe itching these last 2-3 days and I have decided to let heal what I must have created with my rolling =] I am taking the itching as a good sign and will start the rolling again once the itching subsides - when I look at the area really well I can see what the rolling did - it created a bunch of tiny lil cuts over my stretch marks and I am assuming new skin could possibly be growing over "hence the itching "lol so I actually think it would make sense to allow the area to heal some befor I start rolling again - research says it could take up to 4 weeks before you see any results ! Anyway I will definately update any progress on this !

2 weeks and I see a 65%

Improvement !! It has been two weeks since I started my rolling and I am amazed at the results !
I can't wait to see a month from now ! You will be able to see from the pic my birth mark so you can see it's really the same area ! I am amazed honestly didn't expect to see results and especially not so soon ! I rolled straight for 7 days and then gave it a break I am adding cocoa butter and vitamin C daily - I did actually roll 2 after my first 7 days straight

this is SOOOOOOOO interesting! but how does a newbie get started? first, where to buy a good roller and lastly, what size needle to start? does anyone have a definitive answer to both questions? i can't seem to find a reliable source!
i got mine off amazon 1.5mm needles. used it first time yesterday - rolled up-down and NE and NW directions .. the stretch marks will become red/ish and then apply the oil/cream of your choice, i used bio oil but i'm sure shea butter works too. i heard you shouldn't use the derma roller more than once a week (you need to give the skin time to heal). the marks will stay red for a few days after use. clean the roller with surgical spirit (dip it in) and let it air dry only - don't use cloth or anything to dry it with. :)
kiska, did it hurt? i'm nervous but would like to try it! i heard bio oil is good so it makes sense to use it with this treatment. but about the red marks, if i use foundation, will it hide the marks or are they VERY noticeable?
If you're using 1.5mm needles, you should be waiting *at least* 3 weeks before rolling again. Rolling sooner won't improve the speed of your results, but it *will* interfere with the healing process (defeating the purpose). Goldbikini - it hurts more in some areas than others - less so on your body than your face, and more so around and during menstruation. To minimise redness and promote healing, make sure you disinfect the area (and the needles) prior to rolling. As an example, when I've rolled on my face with a .5, the redness lasted maybe 5 hours. After intensively rolling on my stomach with a 1.5, it lasted maybe 8-12 hours. On my breasts, about 24 hours, but it was barely visible. Have a coolish shower afterwards, gently pat-down the area with a towel and sparingly apply a nice moisturiser - almond, evening primrose and flaxseed oil is good, as is bio-oil and your run of the mill stripped-down sensitive skin creams, like QV creams etc. Having done that, as long as you don't subject the area to other stressors (sun, exfoliants, rubbing, excessive sweating, hot baths etc.) the redness subsides rather quickly - depending on your skin, as well as the area rolled, and the intensity of your rolling session. You *can* cover to an extent with foundation - more so in some areas than others, and keeping in mind that foundation doesn't really cover stretch marks. It would certainly do the trick on your face. However, it's not ideal if you can avoid it. Ingredients in some foundations can interfere with the healing process, and if it's not brand new, you could be introducing bacteria to the area - generally not the end of the world, but it could result in infections and/or delay healing.
thank you ce7913 for that very informative reply!i mostly am interested in doing my face to reduce pore size and of course as an anti-aging alternative to more invasive procedures. so i suppose starting with a .5 and waiting perhaps a week or two before rolling again would be ideal. any thoughts anyone?
1.5mm once every 7 days, rub in bio oil etc after you used the roller. it should work. I started yesterday. Fingers crossed ! It will take several months I think.
I have a lot of stretch mark almost all my body , I want to ask how much mm needles I should buy the derma roller and how to use it ! Thank you
Great question Lyam. I would love for someone to post a video to show an at home demonstration of Derma Rolling.
If you're using a 1.5mm roller, you are supposed to use it once every 5 weeks. A 2mm can only be used every 6 weeks, so you are rolling way too often. You are not giving your skin a chance to react.
Also, you mention itching; this is usually part of healing but just wanted to make sure you're disinfecting the skin before treatment, and the tools before and after?
You don't mention what depth needles you're using, so because you're treating stretchmarks I'm assuming that you're using 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0mm needles. You're rolling far too frequently. There's an inflammation and healing process that needs to occur in order for rolling to work, and you're interfering with that process each time you roll too early. With 2.0mm, you shouldn't be rolling more than once every 2-3 weeks. 1.5mm - every 2 weeks. 1.0mm can be used weekly, depending on the skin being treated.
Where did everyone purchase their rollers and what do you use after you roll?
Where did you buy your roller?
Hum!!! Interesting. I've never heard of this before and I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I'll keep following this one too. I have some on my thighs too. Good luck and thanks for the reviews. I always enjoy reading your journeys :-)
Hi Bella! Thanks for the review! I bought a roller a couple months ago but haven't been consistent! I need to start rolling! I can see a difference in your pics! :)
Be sure to post a review when you start Ms.Petite :)
MsPetite hi loveeee ! Yes it's pretty awesome that I saw actual results ! You still looking amazing btw xoxo
What website did y'all order your rollers from and what cream would you recommend?
Whoa, those are great results! I am impressed and think I will be ordering one this week!
HI! Ive been doing the roller. I was actually shown how to do it by a doctor(I work with one) and from my understanding the more aggressive you are with the rolling the more time you need to wait in-between each treatment. If you are less aggressive you can more often. Hope that helps :) I did 2 treatments one time in small sections where i actually scabbed up at one time so i had to wait longer for the area to heal.
Hi thanks for the advice =] I am amazed at the results I am seeing from this ! I honestly didn't expect to see results and especially not so soon ! Hope your rolling is going well xo
Exciting to hear about your results!
I have been so curious on this product and have been looking to invest in one. I am looking forward to watching your progress so please continue to share photos - thank you!
Hi I definitely will - I haven't posted any new pictures only because I haven't noticed them gone yet lol although the area is now getting extremely itchy - I've read that's good and means new skin is growing so let's see lol I will keep you updated on a significant change =]
I always equate itching to healing which is a good sign, then you will see results.

Thanks again for sharing this with us!!