Deadly Silicone Injections Buttocks - New York, NY

I was injected with silicone 700 cc approximately...

I was injected with silicone 700 cc approximately five to six months ago and almost died in March. I was in a coma in a New York hospital. I was injected by a woman who said her name was Melanie from Miami. Melanie dissappeared as soon as I became ill. She was recommended by a friend who is now ill. The intial symptoms began about a week after the injections. My symptoms included chills followed by a fever, and cellulitis. I became lethargic and struggled to go to work. I developed a chronic cough. In searching for help I saw a doctor who liposuctions silicone. The doctor injected me with cortisone injections 500$ per which is now thought to have spread the silicone throughout my body. Five months after injections and after several hospitalizations my doctors and family thought I would die. I entered the hospital with what was thought to be an allergic reaction. Doctors did not know how to treat me. I was in an induced coma for about a week and treated by a rheumatologist as a patient with a temporary case of Lupus. I had fluid in my lungs and my heart as well as other complications. The silicone was removed after surviving many complications and within five surgeries. I am still not done and my buttocks are deformed. Surgeons say they could not believe that the silicone which was hard enough to break a car window could have been liposuctioned. The emotional pain is sometimes worse than the physical pain.I will have the chance to have reconstructive surgery in about a year and will hopefully be healthy again but God will determine that.
melanie from miami

hi can you please post more info I inject my butt about 3 years ago and looking forward for someone to help me please;/ i'm glad that your getting there.
I need help too... ;(
hiiii , i also had butt injection from melanie from Miami , right after she did my butt injection she disappeared no number to call or email ... just like you i had fevers , water in my lungs and almost died twice .. i been going to Mount Sinai but they dont know what they are doing , i still have the cilicone in me and i been have sever fever there isnt a day i dont cry cuz i dont know where to go to get help , i have to get this cilicone out of me or im die evenually being this sick .. i asked her for biogel but i think she gave me cilicone instead .. she tried to kill me .. if anyone knows which hospital i can go to get help , pleaseeeee i beg you help me ..im in tears ,im in Manhattan NY .. i hope someone can help me .. thank u
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

how much did they charge u for the surgery ?

Also, here are a couple reviews from community members who had similar experiences to you. I thought it might be nice to have people you could reach out to who have been there too:

Silicone Injection to Thights and Butt Gone Really Really Bad - NYC

A Nice Buttock Went Bad from Silicone Injections - Ft. Lauderdale

Oh my word, what a horrible experience you have gone through. :( I can only imagine how scared your family must have been when you were in the induced coma. Thank you so, so much for sharing your story with us. Please continue to update us on how you are and what is going on for you. I'll be hoping you continue to heal as well as possible.

Thank you for the kind words.. Healed and looking forward to reconstruction thanks to Dr Tansar Mir and Dr Lee in NY...

So glad to hear! I'd love it if you would post an update about what is needed for the reconstruction, and continue to update us on how you are doing with it. We would love to support you through it and I think your full experience would be really valuable for others in the community to hear.

What hospital they work in.?