Not Sure if the Damon System is Superior - New York, NY

Braces straighten teeth, regardless of the system....

Braces straighten teeth, regardless of the system. However, I am not sure Damon works better or faster. In fact, they may be just about equal as far as time for all the difficulty they come with. I was quoted as needing "at least a year" in traditional braces. However, I chose Damon because the estimate was 6-8 months. I have now had Damon braces on for a year and am not quite done, so the time is about even with what was projected for traditional braces. It is difficult to get stubborn teeth to turn, and the brackets pop off very often. I have heard from others that Damon aligns the teeth quickly but is more difficult to tweak the details into place. This has been my experience.

A Before Picture

Here is a picture of my teeth before braces. They were not very crooked but could use a little straightening. I would not have bothered getting for braces normally but am preparing for orthognathic surgery. Braces had to be applied to perfect the tooth alignment before moving the jaws.
Ingrid Barillas

Very nice doctor who is very willing to make any accommodation for the patient. She understands adults are not completely comfortable having braces and makes every effort to be efficient when it comes to upper braces being on for a minimal amount of time.