Coolsculpting - New York, NY

Last Friday I got cool sculpting. The procedure...

Last Friday I got cool sculpting. The procedure was more painful than what I thought and to add to it -the machine came off so they had to suction me twice. After about 10 min into procedure pain was not bad. After one hour they took it off and my belly was a block of ice. She then had to massage it which was very painful. Went home and couldn't really function well. I felt bruised and a bit stinging. This has increased. I am now day 6 and went back to Dr to get pain killers. I have not slept in 3 days from the pain. I have a constant ice pack on it and the pain gets unbearable. I will be taking pain killers tonight and hoping to be a little better tomorrow.

One week update

I'm still in a lot of pain. The sharp tingling and bee stings are unbearable. I'm taking Neurontin and it only helps for a few hours. I also have resorted to ice packs. Feeling desperate about this pain. Don't even care about results anymore just want to be pain free. I don't know what else to do and I'm praying this doesn't last much longer. Any ideas on what to do is freshly appreciated.

Same

Still in pain. Nights are horrid. Neurontin doesn't help. I get up every two hours at night to change my ice. Can t find anything to wear. When something runs on my stomach I see stars. I'm praying that this goes away soon. Have spent my memorial weekend at home. Feel bad that my kids have had to suffer too.

Things are finally looking up.

Today is the first day I'm feeling a bit better and can function. I've only needed one ice pack and the bee stings are much less. While i am still swollen and see no noticeable visual improvement , I am delighted that things are getting better. Thank you to all who responded with kind suggestions.

2 weeks

Hi. It's now 2 weeks and I feel better. Still tingles and some bee stings but not as bad as before. Still a bit swollen and I don't expect results right now. Happy to be recovering.
Dr Group

So glad that you are finally feeling better!
Thank you so much! I love getting back to a lil normal.
YAY! So glad you are feeling better, it will get even better from now on.
Yes, thank you. I'm hoping I just get better and better; and eventually full recovery!
I had this done two weeks ago today and I have to say I am floored that you have been through so much. I had no bruising and very little pain about day 5 on day 10 I had some itching that went away yesterday. The swelling lasted about 5 days and was helped tons by running arnica gel on it. I know that everyone is different but you may want to give the arnica a try since it doesn't sound like much else is working for you. I bought mine at whole foods and it came with some arnica dissolving tablets that I used as well.
I had absolutely no idea that I would be in this much pain for this long. If I could turn back time, I would not do it but I guess everyone's results are different. I will try Arnica, thanks for the recommendation.
I am very unhappy with this procedure. I am in a lot of pain as well and my stomach is still numb. I completely understand this ruining your memorial weekend. I had it done on Wednesday, and I look pregnant. I hope your pain goes away. All I want is my old stomach back. That body could wear a bikini. Feel better soon!
How long ago did you have this done? You didn't expect to be swollen or numb after being frozen?
Thank you. Went out today and carried ice packs with me. Still in so much pain that I feel I can't function or focus. I am now going to take Motrin PM and the nerve Blocker to try to get some sleep. Continuing to pray this goes away. Good luck to you as well.
I had this done about 10 days ago And did not expect to be in such excruciating pain for so long.
If it helps, I felt the same way. I felt all I could think about was the pain, but it DID go away. You should be on the tail end of the pain now. Keep up with the ice and the motrin and hopefully you'll feel much better in a couple of days. From the other reviews I've read, and my own experience, it takes a good two weeks. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. Still in pain. Praying my life will get back to normal soon. I don't even care about results anymore, just want to be pain free.
Im so glad you are feeling better Momofthreekids:) And same as you, if I could go back I would not have procedure done either. Of course I did, but I did not expect to look pregnant. No one told me that. I still look pregnant, swollen and Im still numb. It has been 9 days. The shooting pains are gone, so Im very thankful for that.
Please go see a Dr & stop applying ice. You NEVER ice more than 20 minutes at a time. You can cause serious damage (frostbite) to your skin.
It's fine. Do not apply ice directly to skin, but as long as you have a barrier between the ice and your skin it will be fine. I did it for four days with no problem.
Try BioFreeze spray (available on amazon and in some health food stores) or an arnica gel-available at any pharmacy. Ice is the thing that works the best. I had a soft icepack with a velcro belt that I wore around my waist and that helped the most. It WILL go away. By day 10 I felt much better and by day 14 it was totally gone. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you so much. Going to look for it today. Feel desperate so will try anything. I bought a belt that I Can put ice on, so that's what I'm sporting this weekend. I'm counting the days until this pain goes away.
Unfortunately, the biofreeze only works for about an hour or so, but if you can ice while you're home and then use the biofreeze if you go out, it helps a little. I used the biofreeze more than the recommended three times a day, but it was fine. I wore the ice in the belt everywhere I went under a sweatshirt!!
Hi didn't find BioFreeze. I have the belt that I don't take off now. My husband bought extra ice packs so i change it thorough the day and nite.
Painkillers do not work. Ask for a script for Naurontin, a nerve-blocker. I also wouldn't use ice on something that has already been damaged by freezing. Let your body defrost naturally. Lots of folks have found wrapping it, to be more comfortable.
I have the nerve blocker but only lasts a few hours. I tried wrapping it but was unbearable. The only relief I get is from ice packs. I researched it and am Assuming that its ok. Feeling so desperate. Had no idea this would happen.
I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Lots of folks here have complained of this. I've never had any issues at all. didn't even need the Neurontin. I hope you at least get the results you're looking for.
Thank you. Time will tell. Just want to Be pain free again.
Everyone's pain seems to go away eventually.