Had Cellulaze Done Monday March 26th - New York, NY

I have suffered from cellulite on the front of my...

I have suffered from cellulite on the front of my thighs for a long time, and always hated my knees, so I got cellulaze done and smart lipo to my knees , I am one week in already and I dont see much of a difference yet, they say that it takes time to see maximum results, but I know that the tightening effect takes time, but I figured I wouldn't see much cellulite but I still do, so I'm a little disappointed in that part, but I'm going to be optimistic, I don't see my dr again until 3months in.

The procedure itself was not bad at all, I would definitely do it again if it works!!! I just hope I end up loving my legs for once! I work out all the time and I have tried every cellulite treatment out there to get rid of it, and nothing really helped! I'm so bummed because I am a young women who is 5"6 and 125 pounds and in really good shape except for one thing I always hated my knees and the cellulite above it!! So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that it was worth every penny!!!

Went back to the doctor for my post op and he told...

Went back to the doctor for my post op and he told me that it take at least 3 to 6 months to see the maximum results , I totally still have cellulite , with a slight improvement , which he said is normal, and he didn't expect to see much difference, so what I'm learning is you definitely need to be patient with your results, my legs actually looked better the first week , I think it's because of the swelling, but as the doctor explained it to me and the science behind it , it's a procedure that gets better in time , this isn't a immediate result ! I have to admit that it is so frustrating not to see results right away! I can't post if this procedure is worth it until I give it the full 6 months time! Believe me it's not easy waiting, my doctor told me to stop looking at my legs because I'm not going to see a difference right away, I really trust what he saying cause he did the clinical trials for 2 years and trained many doctors on the procedure !

It will be 2 months since my treatment, and I...

It will be 2 months since my treatment, and I don't see much of a difference since my last update, a little discourage cause now it's is time for shorts and skirts and I'm still a little self conscience , I still have cellulite and in some lighting it looks worse, so I'm still going on my doctors advice and hoping in the months to come I will see improvement, I also still have some swelling.
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi, I had the cellulaze procedure done on July 10, 2013 and not only I don't see any results, I am still very discolored and have a ton of little spider veins which I didn't have before. Can you tell me me if after your 6 months it got better for you or nothing changed?
Hi - I noticed a difference within a few months, especially on my bum, where the dimpling was the worst. I have been silent for about a year as I'd planned to lose the weight (12 lbs or so) that would work together with the cellulaze. Only now I have I just lost it in the last few months. I have a collapsed arch so it took resistance apparatus and a warm pool 5 x per week. I didn't want to finally judge while I still had a layer of mitigating fat. Now I can see that I am plenty happy. I am so sorry you are still discolored. That seems unusual. Mine went away in weeks.
Hi Sunshine0001, It's been a year and a half and no I don't see any results. Every time someone writes me about this procedure I beg them not to go through with it. It's a waste of money and EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. I spent 12,000 and the only difference I see is to my bank account.
Hi, your last update was in May as you are approaching a year out, was you procedure worth it? Thank you
Hi Wishful, I wouldn't recommend this procedure to anybody! I spent 11,500 only to look worse. I have huge dents in my legs that the doc said yet again "it's gonna look worse before it looks better"...he also said if I wasn't happy with my procedure I'd be the only one of his patients to have this and not be happy with the results...Oh really? I look worse than when I started and it's been a year!

Amber2001, this saddens me.  I am so sorry to hear about your lack of results and total frustration.   I think we were all so hopeful that this was it- the magic bullet- the cure all to this thing that anyone afflicted by it HATES so much.    I'm sorry your experience with it was not good.   I had results beyond my expectations - who knows why it works for some and not others.   But my heart just sank when I read your comment- I would have felt the same way - not as much about the money - but about having your hopes dashed when you were just so dang excited about the possibility of being free of it.    Good luck with the road ahead.   Sending you a hug, Laurel C
I also had the Cellulaze on March 30, 2012, and there is 0 difference, not to mention I now have a indentation on my right inner thigh, which the office is totally not taking responsibility for (very frustrating). I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone! The most frustrating part? I'm out $8800 and now I have another problem to fix
Hey Maresey56....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx
Hi Maresey56,

How have you been doing? I had my cellulaze done may 8th and went shopping today and also felt it looked WORSE! So I'm very upset right now and feelin the "plastic surgery blues". I'm feeling ver discouraged right now and plan on calling my doc tues. one woman said it looked like someone carved her with a potato peeler which is what mine looks like....it's been 3 weeks I'm still swollen and in pain but I am working out tomorrow for my own well being.
Shortsplease, I did check with my dr and he said that there so much going on under your skin from the procedure and I needed to give it time , the little pellets are going away, I had a lot of swelling and my legs are still slightly swollen but do to the areas I did they are prone to more swelling, I have to tell u my dr told me I shouldn't see results fully for 6 months and that he can't evaluate me till then, I still have visible cellulite, which does discourage , but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it will improve, and it's 2 months on the 26th since i had the procedure done, and to be honest I have not seen much improvement since last month!

I can totally understand how that would be pretty dang discouraging...especially if you are wanting to be in shorts & sundresses right now.  Fingers crossed that things do continue to improve over the next 4 months or so - I appreciate such an honest update from you. Its so important we hear the good & the bad. Hopefully you have just reached a bit of a platform, but things will start improving again. Believing for good changes for you!!

Did you ever check with your doc about the little pellets you felt under your skin? Did they go away. I think I'm starting to feel something similar.
Are you seeing anymore results now?
Not really , slow process from some people, I think where you have the procedure done on your body makes a big difference, I had it done on the front of my thighs
Thank you for your update on May 8th. It has me on the fence. I was hoping to have it done next week (have an appointment for procedure) to enjoy the procedure benefits on a mid-July trip to Maui. What I hear is pretty consistent (so don't be discouraged) ... it takes 3 months to see results. If those results come, we'll all be happy. But it certainly is hard to be some of the first people having this donw without tons of reassurance out there, isn't it? You certainly went with one of the most experienced docs out there, so be encouraged that your results will be excellent. Here's to short-shorts late-June!

How long does Dr. Katz recommend you wear the compression garment?
Twenty four hours a day for one week, except you can remove the garment to take a shower.

I'm glad you are able to see that you need to be patient. It does make total sense that the change seen right after the procedure could be due to swelling, so it will be interesting to continue to hear from you & others what changes you see in the long run.

Fingers crossed for great results!!

It's been almost a couple weeks since your procedure. How's it going now?
I'm doing good, still a bit swollen, see some results but still have visible cellulite but not as much as I had before surgery, I'm seeing my doctor on April 23 for a follow up , so he will be able to let me know how I'm progressing, the surgery itself was very tolerable and the recovery is not bad at all, had it done on a Monday and was back to work on Thursday and doing errands on Wednesday , I have to say you do have to be patient with results , everyones healing is different and the grade of cellulite plays a part also, I had more cellulite on one thigh than the other, and the one that had less is almost cellulite free, but my other leg still has visible cellulite but definitely not as much, I also had smart lipo to my knees and those are still swollen slightly so it throws off the results I think. Ill know after I see my doctor, and he can give me more insight on my progress.
how far apart did you do the cellulaze and smart lipo?? I am planning both

Good to hear an update from you!! Woohoo for the cellulite free leg, and glad to hear the other one is showing good improvement also. Let us know how your follow-up goes & what the Dr. has to say.

I had both procedures done at the same time , smart lipo to knees and cellulaze to the lower thighs above my knee area, I have to say that one day my legs will look good and then another day I don't see much change, it can be frustrating , so I hope after 3 to 6 months I will see really good results, they say that u have to be patient cause visible results take several weeks, so I really can't say yet if this procedure is worth it, and also cellulaze is very expensive right now due to the high volume of women who suffer from cellulite , I think it may reduce it but I'm not sure if it will make u totally cellulite free, which is what we really dream off!
Wow, thank you. My Dr. is making me wait 2 weeks in between procedures. Wanting to do cellulaze first then 2 wks smart lipo knees... I wanted it at the same time so it was one trip, one recovery and one missed work day choosing friday so I have the weekend to feel better and return to work on monday. I wish I knew why he split it up now. I am so hopeful, lost weight years ago maintained the loss and suffer with these cellulite legs of mine, yuck!! Little bit of skin/chub at knees and he thinks smart lipo with the cellulaze combo will give me the best results...I am so hopeful to the future now. Two surgeries and double time in the compression garment is the downside....thanks for responding!!
how was your follow up appt on April 23? Tell us about your progress? How are you looking now? How is the cellulite? How is bruising, pain, swelling??? I'm dying for an update girl! Are you happy?
I hope you see better results over time. As someone who has had both procedures one year apart, I wish cellulaze was available when I had my knees done....I definitely would have done both together. If it helps, I think the broader unevenness is definitely the swelling and healing. I hope you don't still see the mini-unevenness of your old cellulite. Also, the knee lipo was worth it for me, especially the chubby inner knees. As I posted on my own experience thread, the knees take longer to heal because you use them so much, that you may see exercise-related swelling for many months. Once you give it time, it should be well worth it.