3 months post surgery, caught capsular contracture

About me I'm 26 years old, petite, 5 ft 2, 100LBs....

About me
I'm 26 years old, petite, 5 ft 2, 100LBs. cup size 32AA, little breast tissue. I wanted ba since i was 19 years old, my first plastic surgeon consultation was done at age 21, second consultation was done at age 23. Although I went to 2 consultations, I didn't feel it was the right time yet.

This time I'm ready, I went to my ps today which is Wednesday, Im getting my surgery on Friday. I told myself NO MORE WAITING. I will post my before picture tonight.

Pre-op pictures are up! Counting down..7 more hours

Surgery is scheduled at 2pm, I'm going to be in the office around 12pm. Anxiety started to kick in & I was debating between 260cc or 280cc silicone, figure it won't make a big difference & it's under the muscle so it will shrink a little, gonna go with the 280cc! I'm hoping for a natural look and a full B!!

222pm, went in at 1145 am

I'm done !

Surgery was the easiest part, recovery was not.

Ladies, I'm not a blog person but i really wanted to inspire other ladies out there and share my experience with you.

Surgery:
Surgery was the easiest part, please do not be afraid to go under the knife (on the table), please do not think that was the scariest part, in fact, it is the easiest part. I was introduced to the team( Surgeron, Nurse, Anesthesiologist). got on the table, IV is in, fluid is running through my IV, they distracted me with conversation, put a mask over the face, Bamp, i was out, felt like a minute, woke up, surgery was done! (see picture)

The hardest part was :
Woke up in excruciating pain (10/10) on both upper chest especially at movement. took a percocet (didnt eat enough crackers), threw up SO MUCH there and when i got home, Took another percocet (one hour later), fell asleep.

woke up, PAIN is still the same. As I'm typing this, im eating crackers and about to take percocet to fall asleep!.

WARNING
According to the newest study, my doctor say do not put any warm/hot compress, it doesnt really help with the swelling, interest huh

Pic

Post pic, 2 hours after surgery

Recovery is not fun, size is probably smaller than i expected...

Finally feeling a lot better, took myself off the narcotics because I experienced tremendous side effects such as dizziness, drowsy, nausea and vomiting. Words cant expressed how amazing my ps and her team are, my ps followed up with my symptoms (side effects) throughout the entire time, she made calls to the local pharmacy to make sure I can get an alternate pain killer and her staff came by my house on an office closed day to give me some samples of celebrex since my insurance doesnt covered. cant thank them enough.

Pain,
I stopped my narcotic and I took my tylenol 650mg and cerebrex 200mg. it stopped the pain at rest but doesnt prevent pain at movement. so far so good. I havent experience any heaviness, maybe because I didnt have a large size implanted. YES, the other reviews are absolutely right about the itchness, i gently pad them or scratch them, trying to avoid leaving scars. I was able to brush my teeth and wash my face and my boyfriend took care of the rest, he washed my hair, my lower body with the shower head and he wiped my upper body, he is amazing.

ABOUT THE SIZE.
I did 280cc silicone, high profile, under the breast, It doesnt look BIG at all! when i asked about the sizes, my ps responded "they look good but not big". I'm not looking forward to big breasts, I have a petite frame, im looking forward to a full B. please please please do not be a small b, i will be so saddd... I cant wait until i get to take these bandage off on monday & show you ladies after the pictures!

please help! i got 280cc implanted, is it going to give me an A?

Im freaking up, i lift up the dressing and took a look at them. they look small! i was a 32AA, inserted 280cc silicone, it looks like a small B cup!!! can anyone give me some input?!?!?!?!

Feeling the Bobbie blue not even 2 days post ops

As I previously mentioned ladies, I went into surgery with a hard head that 280cc would be the biggest I would go & from a flat chest, I just wanted some cleavage.
Now ... If you are deciding or planning for an ba, think again! 280cc came out to me look small! I'm really not liking the size (I love my ps) but I regret not going 300cc because now I'm looking back thinking, I did all that for a small breast that I might have to wear padded bra? I was way too anxious to throw away all the padded bras and now I might have to keep them .. I know I'm JUST a day and half post op, but I don't like the small cups and afraid they will go even smaller after all the swelling thank you all for your supports

Post Op day 2

Hello, I'm feeling a lot better, thank you all for your warming comfort, it definitely helped a lot!

Today is my post op day 2, the whole process is not bad, i would say its do-able. Lets say, starts from surgery (easiest part because i was knocked out), post op night (horrible because I took narcotic with empty stomach), day 1 post op- i was managing my pain with tylenol & celebrex (its not narcotic, similiar to motrin but a bit stronger), day 2 is less pain but more soreness and tightness on the chest. YES, i do noticed increased swelling from post op day 1 to day 2, i can feel my breasts are being stretched and thats where the tightness feeling come from.

Horrible sleep even with multiple pillows, having backaches now but its okay, its also manageable, advice: do not drive on post op day 2, i tried this morning for a 30 minutes commute, started to feel a little pain, gonna rest a bit, trying not to strain any muscles to cause any complications

This surgery is def worth doing if you have been looking into it for a whilee.for me, it was 6 years, i regret not doing it earlier!

Weight gain on post op 2

Hello girls, I would like to know if it is normal to gain few lbs or feel bloated on your first few post op days! Im lucky enough to have a regular bowel movement and urinate fine, pre op i was 98lbs, post op im 101.8lbs, my tummy is bloated.

second, i had excruciating pain at my left chest this afternoon when i was lying down 4 degree, i got up to get my medication & the pain went away. i guess it has to do with position.

Post Op day 3, I love my new breasts!

Post op day 3, i have intense shooting pain constant at my left upper chest that cause difficulty breathing, I couldnt take any narcotic because i was attending my first day orientation for my new job (listening to lectures). I was NOT able to push or pull doors, use any strength on both arms especially my left arm, pain on both breasts when i walk fast, mild to moderate pain when the car/bus rides over bumps or potholes. so i recommended whoever is going to have this surgery done, please take at least 4 days off!

I went to my PS today for follow up, apparently it is all cover by the initial fees, which is a visit within 3 days after surgery, 1 visit a week later, 4 weeks later, 3 months and to a year, she also said its free for life time as long as its for the implants (great!).

My breasts are swollen compared to day 1, they are much more tight and i feel that they are stretching, she took off the bandage and i love the size, i really do but I'm scare if the swelling go down and the sizes go down with them ;(. I have nutrella (I give up spelling it correctly), 280cc High profile (so my breasts dont look round but have a nice projection, which fits my small frame).

Overall, this is the best decision/ money i have ever spent, i cant stop looking at the cleavage I'm having now.

Post op 3 pictures

New pictures post op 3

Fear of complication post day 9

Today is post up day 9, I will post pictures once I have time. I can't believe time went by so quick, the soreness and discomfort are getting better. By day 5, I was able to do most of the light lifting daily activities and by day 9, I can push or pull the door with both of my hands.

Yesterday, I went to v.s to get bra size and I m a 32B post surgery so I guess that's the size I will be at (consider it is in early stage and it's still little swollen) it may or may not get smaller, who knows. Again, I got 280cc silicone implants Hp. If you follow my blog, I previously mentioned I wished I got bigger & I still do, however I like the current size in way that they are very natural, it's not making it obvious that "I had ba done!" I tried on 32b laces unpadded and no wire bra, it fits very nice although it lacks of cleavage. The reason I went to v s to get fitting because I went to post op appointment n complained that the past 2 days, I started to feel pain or soreness on both side of my breast, under my armpits possibly due to the surgical bra they gave me. Possibly it was too tight. So I went to v s and purchased a no wire 32C, which was a little lose on me but it is okay I need space for them to drop and less tight. I feel a lot more comfortable and I would like to know if any of you experience this?

Having breast implants is uneasy, I'm always in fear of complications from post surgery. A little discomfort here & there gets me very worried. I love them, this is the best decision I ever made beside dating my boyfriend :)

New pictures,

Post up day 13

Post 2 weeks sizing

Hello my realself friends,
As I previously mentioned, I had 280cc bilateral high profile silicone inserted, I was a 32AA before and today I went to v.s and got sized. They first lemme try 32C Demi sexy regular pad with wire but no push up. My implants are not completely soft but better, a little soft I would say. I fit nice on a 32c then I tried a 32D which I feel more comfortable, less tight. However I learned that don't let the bra size trick you, just because I fit in a 32D doesn't mean my breast look big. They are relatively small if I wear lace bra w no pad under a shirt, it looks like an B. however if I put bikinis on, they look very full & nice.

I stopped wearing the sports bra and bandage as much because they are very uncomfortable. I told my ps and now I'm only wear a lace bra.. I'm so scared it would affect the shape of the breast implants :(

Pic

Scars treatment

Hello there, I'm 2 weeks post up & I haven't talk about my scars which are under my breasts.
I noticed from my previous cut and burns that I have natural healing process which means I heal slow & leave unnoticeable scars. And also I really don't think anyone would lift up my breasts to take a look at my scars to see if I have ba or not.. It won't be their business & I won't let them do so. Haha

I didn't use any scar treatment, I only used Antibacterial soap which is the dial soap from regular pharmacy, I would put tissues on top of my scars whenever I wear my sports bra to minimize fictions around the area and I have to tell you ...

My scars are HEALING really nice with no redness or any irritations .. Again I didn't use any scar treatments .. See the pictures

Concerns.

Hello there, today i was supposed to follow up with my ps but i couldnt make it due to the rain. she requested me to send her pictures of my ba and i did.
then she told me to see her immediately tomorrow because my implants are uneven..one is higher than another..she told me to keep the bandage on.

have anyone been through this before? is it going to be okay?

2 weeks and 3 days post up

Hello, here is a follow up on my implants. After 2 weeks & 3 days post up, my left implant is dropped nicely and becoming soft, however my right implant (my dominant hand) is still high & not dropping. So i went to see my surgeon after work, she took a look at my implants and told me not to do anything to my left implant but to massage my right implant downward slightly to my armpit so it can drop. This is something new to me & i don't feeel any pain when she presses it very hard, i only felt pressure. I walked out of her office with no worries because she is extremely attentive to my concerns and she told me to see her a week later.

I have been seeing my surgeon every week so she can follow up with my implants. she is so nice, i can text her anytime i wanted and she will respond right away!!! I LOVE HER!

Post up 3 weeks

Hello my RealSelf Friends,
I m post-op 3 weeks, i noticed one breast (right) is higher and smaller compared to my other breast (left). I went to see my PS for follow up in post op 2 weeks, she told me to massage and use this tape to push it (the tape caused irritation on my skin so i stopped).

Im going to see her sometimes next week. I'm worried if they will stay un-even.
have anyone experience this?

Post 1 month picture comparison

Thoughts after 1 month post op .

Hello All, I finally have time to sit down and update my realself blog. I really find this website helpful throughout my recovery and Im very thankful for everyone's support.

I'm 25 years old, 5ft 2 100Lbs, I wanted a BA for few years and finally the time came and I did it for myself. From a 32AA to a 32 small C. It is beyond words to express how much I love my breast implants and How Happy I am. However, I have to admit I'm still struggling with my BA recovery. So far, I'm one month post-up and I've concluded the following,

Week 1
(day 1 to day 3) I was in pain which was under control with pain medication, however if you pull an arm muscle by accident, you get bad shooting pain, I suggested allow yourself to do completely NOTHING in these 3 days but..eat..sleep..med..eat..sleep..med repeat. Daily activities e.g. brush teeth,shower with assistance (lower trunk and hair) as tolerated. You Need someone to help you to get up or move into positions in these 3 days.
(Day 3 to Day 7)- Pain will be under controlled with mini. pain medications. For me, I wasnt feeling pain, I was Sore. I also felt that my muscle/skin were being stretched, very uncomfortable. Day 1 to Day 7, i experienced morning boobs, i defined that as heaviness on my chest relieved by getting up and walk around. Yes i was on the bandage (hold the boobs together and keep them from arising) and the surgical bra to keep them in place.

Week 2, Morning boobs. and i also noticed (in other reviews as well) shooting nerve pain on my left breast that lasted for 3 days (common as per surgeon). Then mild soreness.

Week 3 and 4, you started to notice dropping, most of the time, one breast drop faster than the other one.

There are many reviews on Nonpadded bra vs wire bra. I have been seeing my ps. every week to follow up because she is REALLY attentive to my surgery! ( love it). For the first 3 weeks, I wore sports bra and by week 4, she told me to wear wire bra if it doesnt bother me to keep them from dropping too low. I also noticed my right breast is not as low as my left and also harder. She recommended me to massage my right breast freq. and massage scar tissues under both breast. It has only been a week and i noticed the right breast is catching up and the scar tissues are softening.

Breast Augmentation is def. a tough decision, most of us are scare of the surgery because it wil be painful blah blah blah.. it is actually the aftermath of surgery, the recovery phase, which is to make sure they heal properly and this takes up to 3 months. patience is virtue.

I hope this helps.

5 weeks post up

1). Choose a plastic surgeon that spends time with you not only at consultation, but also at follow up. Question the frequency of your follow up appointment (at no charge). I don't think its safe for a ps to perform a surgical procedure with a one week post up follow up then 1 month. Between the one week post up to one month post up, you will have a lot of questions/concerns. I love my ps not only because I have been seeing her every week for the first 4 weeks then every 2 weeks for the 2nd month. I have all my questions/concerns about post up answered. i felt safe. she is up to technology-meaning she texts. She responds to my text in a timely manner. these are the qualities you SHOULD considered in a PS.

2. I wore surgical bra the first 2 weeks with bandage, then padded bra the 3rd week, wire bra by 4th week to now. No complication noted so far. i showed all my ps the bras before i wore them.

3. It is absolutely normal to have hypersensitivity- which only occurs when you touch them. if not, they are okay. loss of sensation under the breast and the sensation is getting better as time goes by.

4. One breast is higher/harder than the other. Yes i'm experiencing this and so are many other. However, beside massaging the right breast, my p.s told me to massage my scar under the breast. I was worried because i was only 3 weeks postup (no reddness or irritation at scar site). When i first touched the scars, THEY WERE SO TENSE AND HARD.- she explained to me that the scar tissue is too hard/tense and not letting the right breast to drop. So for the past 2 weeks, i have been massaging the right breast to downward direction & massage the scar to loosen it up. I noticed a small drop at my right breast.

Good luck to everyone that is having/deciding to have the surgery. I must tell you it doesn't only affect the way you feel about yourself but also the way you Take CARE of your body. I'm more motivated to eat healthy and to go to the gym because I wanted to be at my best!

Halloween

3 months post up, capsular contracture on my right breast

As i mentioned previously that my right breast has not been dropping, i noticed that it is uneven comparing to my left breast.

Symptoms.
I complained of sharp pain at my right upper chest in the first month of my post up, because it was right after post up, we assumed it was from the muscle being stretch. The pain only lasted for 2 weeks so i ignored it.

After two months, my left breast dropped very nice and my right breast stayed high & tender. After I addressed my concern with my Ps, we decided to have a revision on my right breast, i went under local anesthesia, AWAKE. She had to open the incision & pull my implant down. Yes it was very uncomfortable to feel the flipping, pushing or manipulation of my breast. It was also painful at times and she had to give me more numbness. she told me she noticed a lot of scar tissues around my right implant that she couldnt do much about it under local anesthesia. She explained to me that my cc. might developed from a bled post surgery that was not caught.

Now the plan is
A) Pay facility fee $600, anesthesia 600$, new implant $700 for the right breast. I will be put to sleep

or
Since im going to put to sleep, might as well increase the size
B). Pay Facility fee $600, Anesthesia 600$, new implants 1600$ for two implants, and her surgical fee which she will let me know by Monday.

So stress over this capsular contracture

I have been really stressed over my right implant capsular contracture.
What should I do? can anyone share their experience with me please?

1. should i have a capsulectomy and put in a brand new implant for the right side?

2. should i have a capsulectomy on my right breast & replace both implants with a bigger size. from 280cc to 350cc?

3. should i consider strattice on my right implant after capsulectomy?

Contracture picture

Contracture pictue

Hello my realself friends, I'm sorry that i havent been updating my profile because i have been really stressed over this implant surgery.
so... I have decided that I'm only going for one implant (2200$) because increasing the size will costs me 5.5k. that's a lot of money! ;(

So i had a capsulotomy to pull down my implant to find out i have capsular contracture. i will be having a capsulectomy and insert a new implant on the 17th of Jan. I can't wait till all these are over =( so sad
New York Plastic Surgeon

This is the 3rd revised review I'm writing for Dr.Nadia because every time I visit her, I like her more & more & more! I went to her for a breast augmentation in sep 2013, about me, I have always hated my body because I have a flat chest, I always wanted to have a breast augmentation/implants but never met the right doctor, previously went to 2 consultations in 5 years and dont feel right. I finally made up my mind & met with dr Nadia (even thought she doesn't have much online reviews, my gut told me to trust female surgeon) and I'm so happy I did. The price I paid for this implant is reasonable (8900$ included everything) considered it is in NYC. However the price you pay for include all follow up visits which is 3 days post surgery, 1 week, 4 week, 3 months and a year ... Or even life time she said! I love her! She looks so young but don't let it trick you, she's so kind and knowledgable, she seems to know what a woman want. NOT to mention her staffs, surgical. Coordinator Jackie, Nurse Maria, Nancy and especially my favorite coordinator Janet that MADE everything happened within 3 days (consultation, pre-op, surgery). They all so kind!! My implants came out so natural yet perfect for my petite size! After surgery i was in so much pain & the side effects on the medications were too much, dr nadia called me the same night and the following morning, she understood my pain & because my insurance doesnt cover the other medications, she had her staff nancy to drive by my house & gave me sample! i couldnt thank them enough! I asked myself why I waited so long yet if I didn't waited, I wouldn't have this great result from her! I will recommend her to all my friends & def. will go back if I needed any comestic surgery! If you want to read my blog regarding to my surgery, my account at realself.com is daisyyy! It's a public page!

Hi Daisy! I too used Dr Afridi. She truly is wonderful. It's funny because I experienced "almost" what you went thru. I was 34A 5'5 125lbs & had Silicone 355cc HP which might make me a a Full C/ prob D depending on the bra. (I have to wait another month before I can be properly sized) I read great reviews on her so I went to her. My total surgy cost me $9,525 (prices went up in a yrs time) I pd cash so she gave me 5% discount. My surgy was 5/27/14. I watched endless YouTube vid & endless reviews from all walks of life! I'm three weeks into my surgy, I too had the tingling, stretching feeling too. I started my massaging as soon as she cleared me to do so, like after my first post-op appt. My left is also slightly bigger then my right. I am a lot softer but need to drop a bit more. I massage 3x a day no less than 2x at the very least. My scars are healing very well underneath as well. I was originally gonna have 300cc but wasn't sure if I needed to go a lil bigger. So I took both my daughters & they said, "mom go big or go home"! Lol. So I went for the 355cc. Although, honestly, I think she should have used 335cc on my left & 355cc on the right. I think I had more muscle on my left breast from nursing when my 21 yr old was a baby. I read & heard from various vids that it's better to go a lil bigger cause after time goes by your body gets used to them & they tend to look smaller. I'm using bio oil which gets absorbed & works great on scaring & stretch marks. So, hopefully by mid July everything should be where they need to be. I still have a small gap between my breast so I massage them inward to see if they fall into place as well. I'm still using "sport bra" from modells. They are inexpensive and feel so comfy and come in cool colors. I return to work 6/19, I gave myself enough time to rest & heal before returning. So I scheduled my vacation around my surgy. Just wanted to let you know that I read & followed your experience. How are they looking now for you & are you completely satisfied with your final results??
How did everything go, hun? Would love to hear how you're doing!
Just wondering how you're feeling? I hope everything went well :)
Hey girl, how are you? Healing from your surgery ok? I hear the second time goes a lot easier. How is your experience? xoxo.
Good luck on the 17th! We'll be thinking of you. Update us when you're feeling up to it.
Hang in there! January will be here soon enough. Sorry you are going through this. :(
Oh I feel your pain. 4 months post I had to get a revision.. My implants never dropped. I paid $2,150 all together. Including the cost of the new implants. My friends told me I was dumb for paying the surgeon another dime, but I did it. I don't think its fair for you to pay another $5,000 for a implant swap. It's your surgeons fault that this happened... I'm sorry to be so blunt - I'm just looking out for you!
It's ok Hun, she didnt charge me a fee. The 2k was for implant, facility fee and anesthesia
Oh my goodness, honey, I'm so sorry. I worry that I'm in the same boat, too sometimes. I still feel that my breasts look a lot like the photo you just posted, even though I talk myself into thinking they look like they're improving... The only symptom I don't have is the pain. Anyway, I've been thinking of you and hoping for the best. This will all be behind you soon and you'll look amazing and be so happy!!
Thank you dear! I'm going through a lot! :( I have no pain at at all, they weren't dropping & fluffy . She opened it up to pull it down & to find it filled w capsular contracture :(
:-(. Big hug!!
So many decisions-hoping you make the best one. Size looks great/natural on you but if you have the $ to go a little bigger and PS doesn't believe it will cause more harm then I might. If you have to finance the upgrade then or the risks of upgrading outweigh the pro then I wouldn't do it. Keep us posted!
Hi. I had CC as well and decided to get the capsulectomy and have my old implants replaced with silicone. I am so flag I did. If you have to go thru another surgery, you might as well get everything you want.
hello, how did the surgery went? was it less painful compared to the first surgery? I'm sorry i have few questions to ask. I just took a look at your profile and your breast came out so pretty! how are you feeling now ?
If you have to pay, you might as well just go bigger and get new ones :)
That's what I was thinking too. However I'm thinking my left side is good now, if I open it and replace another one, I'm risking for a cc on the left side as well
You have to pay for the pair anyway so you might as well replace both implants with the size you are more happier with!
Sorry you have the complication. I think the size looks cute on your since you are a slim and petite girl but if you were not happy with the size to begin with, then might as well increase the size.
I agree with Yada. The size looks good on you. They fit perfect with your frame. =) Good luck.
I'm sorry you have had the complication of CC and that you haven't been pleased with your size! I would go bigger since you are going under and changing out one implant anyway, and you haven't been happy with your size. All the best to you hon!
So sorry to hear of your troubles! I think it's also wise to ask whether the change in size would further aggravate the breast. I'm still working on getting my right side to drop, but I haven't had any pain. Good luck! Thinking of you!!
Omgosh.. my left breast is droping and more fluffy the my right. My right also had more shooting pain and its not as fluffy. Im goin to wait till I have my 3 month post op in jan. So ill jus continue to massage tha hell outta it. Lol. If I was you.. I would ask ur ps if it would increase a risk of some kind. I would def go larger if thats what you want. Make urself happy. :)
Thank you! Yes I will consult w her on Friday to discuss the risk and the benefits' I was overwhelmed w the information I received today :( thank you for caring