First Week Post Op Days- New York, NY

I'm so nervous/excited thinking about having this...

I'm so nervous/excited thinking about having this procedure done. I am 23 (almost 24 at the end of the month) and have been doing research since I was 18. So after waiting all this time, I am sure that I am not going to change my mind. I am really glad I found realself.com and have been reading forums and reviews. It has definitely calmed me down :). I've been on 4 consultations already and I'm ready to pick my surgeon. I am 5'2 110lbs 32AA and have a very narrow rib cage. I am looking for a very modest augmentation (around a B cup). I have been thinking about 200-250cc implant. I am a dancer so I don't want to go too large. I am going to my second consultation this Thursday...I can't wait!

A week and counting! July 26th is the day :)

Its a week from today! Everything is set and ready! I went in yesterday for another pre-op appointment. I am still really nervous and had a couple more questions. He was great at answering everything and even gave me his cellphone number to contact him in case anything came up. I still feel a bit nervous but less since talking to him. I'm mostly nervous about the anesthesia because I've never been under. I have no idea what to expect.

We talked about 225cc or a 250cc high profile silicone implants through an inframammary incision. I am very happy with size since I am petite, have a very narrow rib cage and am active. He told me it would be a month to a month and a half till I can resume dancing and going to the gym. I am used to working out 4-5 times a week so I am sure this is going to feel odd. But its worth it :)

Thank you to all the ladies that wrote reviews! I have an idea of what to expect now and that is helping with the nerves! I will be posting pre-op pictures soon!

Wish Boobs!

Hey ladies!
My surgery is scheduled at 7:30am on 7/26. I feel ready! Today I cleaned my apartment and picked up my medicine from the pharmacy. I also posted some "wish boob" pictures of how I would like to look like.
I picked up a wedge pillow, neck pillow, and some extra pillows to sleep on. My doctor recommended sleeping elevated to prevent swelling. I am nervous about the recovery period and about the results. I hope everything turns out fine.

I was wondering if you guys had any tips that helped in your recovery?

First Day Post OP. No more Sleep...

Hey ladies :)

This is my first post-op update. My surgery was yesterday at 7:30am. I woke up pretty early (around 4:30am) because I couldn't sleep. I took a hot shower and made sure I scrubbed well. I packed a bag with a water bottle, some saltine crackers, a neck pillow (this was extremely helpful!), and a blanket. My doctor's surgical center is 45 minutes away from me so we left around 6:30; I wanted to make sure I wasn't late. When I got there, everyone was so nice and they were great at making me relaxed. The nurse gave me a pregnancy test and took my blood pressure. After, the doctor came in, took some pictures, marked me up, and answered questions. I felt even less nervous about the procedure after talking with him. The anesthesiologist came in after and spoke with me. She was really nice and since I get nauseous quickly (one of my worries was throwing up after the surgery) she had me take one of the anti-nausea pills I was prescribed.

Five minutes later, I'm being taken into the operating room. They put the IV in and I fell asleep in less then 5 seconds. The next thing I know I'm waking up in the recovery room. I was shivering a bit but the nurse put two blankets on me, including a heated one. It didn't take me long to get warm. She also gave me some water to drink and I fell back asleep. About 30 minutes later, I wake up. They help me get dress and I am heading back home. Didn't feel much pain yesterday, just a bit of pressure on my chest which is normal.

I slept normally last night, though I woke up this morning with a bit of back pain (might be because I am not used to sleeping on my back). One thing I recommend is the neck pillow! Not only was it great to have for the car ride back home but since I am not a back sleeper it helped in keeping my head from moving around while sleeping last night.

I am feel pretty good today. A bit groggy, mostly because of the medication. I am taking my Percocet every 6 hrs...it doesn't take me more than 30 minutes after taking my Percocet before I'm completely out. It is really hard to keep my eyes open after. So I am thinking about taking it every 8 hrs.
Here's hoping that the rest of my recovery goes well. I have my post-op appointment on Monday 7/29. Good luck to all you ladies and thank you for your support! I will be updating you guys on my progress and will be posting taking pictures soon :)

Second Post Op. The Butt Pain + Birthday!

Hi Realself,

Well I have pain...just not where I thought it would be. My back/butt is killing me. I guess that's what happens when you are not used to sleeping on your back. I woke up at 9am today and my right butt-cheek/lower back was hurting really badly. It felt as if I had a bruise there. I've been walking around and placed a heating pad there...but it still hurts :-/. Hopefully, it will go away soon.

I feel some pressure where my implants are and they are still firm and hard. But no pain, just a bit of an uncomfortable pressure there but so far so good.

I have lowered my percocet to only twice a day and I am taking it in the morning and then at night. Tomorrow I have my first post-op appointment at 11am. Can't wait till I see them without the bandages.

Today is my 24th birthday! And even though I am in pain, I am still happy that this happened when it happened :).