40 Year Old Mom of 3- New York, NY

Stats: 40 years old, 5'3", 110lb. Started out as a...

Stats: 40 years old, 5'3", 110lb. Started out as a 32A pre-kids and appear smaller post kids. I breast fed 3 kids all for at least a year, most recently finished in 2012.

I am very athletic, running at least 1 marathon, 2 half-marathons any many shorter races per year. I bike, play tennis, snow and water ski, and have 3 young kids. I want a natural look and to be a full B cup.

My doctor recommended 190-275cc, mod profile silicone implants for reasons all discussed on the site. Here are a few pre and sizer pictures.

I saw some other comments you made on RealSelf that your surgery went well. We'd love an update to your review. How many cc's did you end up with? How is your recovery going? Do you have any help with your little children? Hope all is going well!

Postoperative day 2

I feel great! I am taking ES Tylenol every 6-8 hours as needed plus 1/2-1 methocarbamol every 6-8 hours as needed. I showered today, did some walking errands in the neighborhood, and am going to dinner tonight. Things which are difficult to do: open medication and Gatorade bottles, open the refrigerator door, and reach for items above my head. Here are a few post op day 1 and 2 photos.

Cc

Ps. I ended up with 255 on left and 275 on right. I had about 15cc difference in breast tissue pre-op. I thought I wanted to go smaller until the day of surgery when I got sudden boob greed and told my PS to make the final decision while I was under anesthesia. I think he made the right/best decision!

Perfect size! Good call!

Post op day 3

Still feeling great! I should mention that I planned a lot of extra child care and am finding that I don't really need it. Other than bathing my 2 year old, I am pretty much able to do everything. Today, I am able to open Gatorade and medicine bottles and sl. My strength is back but I am still taking it easy. I did a ton of sit ups and core work outs before surgery, and I think it's paid off. I took off work all of next week and now realize that I didn't need to. I guess it's best to plan for the "worst" case scenario rather than scramble.

Post op day 3 pics

Please excuse typos in previous posts. I tried to edit, but it's not allowing me to. Here are pics from today.

Post op day 4

All is well. Nothing new to report. I'm looking forward to my 1 week post op check so I can get cleared for some lower body exercises! I feel like a sloth. Here are some photos taken in a fitted tank top (which I owned pre-op) while semi-reclined. I'm happy that all of my clothes other than the pre-op bras still fit! I've invested a lot into my wardrobe over the years and was very adamant about wanting to be able to wear all of it post BA - just more filled out. So happy that's the case!

Post op day 9

Had my one week post op check. All good. I am now suppose to wear an underwire bra 24/7 for 6 weeks. Still no exercising until next Wednesday which will make 2 weeks post op. I am a little sore on my right side in the mornings but am totally fine on the left. I've been to a few events/dinners in the last week and no one has noticed which is what I wanted. I fill out all of my tops and dresses nicely.

Thank you for your updates. You really did make the perfect choice of implant size for your petite and athletic body. You look great! Don't overdo it working out. Easier said than done but you have your hands full with your children and your body still needs to heal. :)

Pod 10

I drove for the first time today. I definitely felt some unused muscles for the first time since surgery but I was fine. Looking at my photos from post op day 1 and 9 I can see the swelling has gone down a lot, and I have more fullness and definition in the breasts. They are also softening substantially and are starting to move with me.

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! The results are beautiful! How old are your children? I'm most worried about how I will take care of mine after surgery, (they are 1 and 3). I also workout and run daily, and i am not looking forward to all the time off I will have to take from that :( Please keep the updates coming, I would love to hear more about your experiences with the new boobs and exercising with them:)! Do you have a really good sports bra that you know of for the running? Best wishes to you:)!
My youngest is 2. The others are 5 and 8 and are pretty self sufficient. The baby wanted to be carried but after a day or two of telling him "mama has a boo boo", he understood and is creative about how to get up into our bed, etc. I change diapers on the floor when I don't have anyone else who can help me. My older ones are very helpful, which has been nice. I am not allowed to wear a sports bra for another 6 weeks as per my PS. He wants me only in an underwire bra 24/7. I do wish I had gone the next size up but he assured me that these implants are the largest my body frame and active lifestyle can handle withou compromising the running, etc. Good luck to you! I think being active and fit helped immensely for recovery. I actually thought it was a piece of cake other than the first night when I couldn't open med bottles by myself. Other than that - marathons are much more grueling in terms of recovery!
Thank you!

Back to work

I went back to work today. After 10 hours on my feet, I felt more pressure on my incisions than I had since post op day 2 or 3 and took an ES Tylenol by the end of the day. I came home and rested on my back for an hour and the incisions felt much better after that plus the Tylenol. I suppose it could also be aggravated by the underwire bra 24/7. I bought the most comfy one I could find but I never wore undersides before the BA. BTW - no one at work noticed which is what I hoped for. I chose my outfit wisely and wore something loose and conservative. It's freezing here, so it's easy to cover up.

Pics

Bra shopping

I am a 32c or 34b, depending on brand, style, etc. Here are a couple of pics.

Like marathon mom my youngest is 2 and it was difficult not picking him up when he asked. But there are risks to doing too much too soon. I got the opposite instructions, I wore a tight sports bra every day for 3 weeks and no underwires! I used a cheap champion bra from target during that time but have switched to very nice ones from Athleta I like much better. I wanted to see what size I ended up before making an investment.

First workout!

I am now allowed to walk briskly and ride in a stationary bike as per my PS's instructions. I spent 45 min on a stationary bike today. It felt great to get my heart rate up after 2 weeks of rest/taking it easy.

I don't love wearing an underwire bra 24/7, but it's tolerable. My incisions are sore by the end of the day but fine without any Tylenol.

Mondor cord

My right breast incision appears to have developed a Mondor Cord which is probably why the underwire bra has been uncomfortable on that side. Have others had one of these and did it resolve?

Some numbness

I have some numbness on the right between my nipple and the incision. The mondor cord has gotten better with some ibuprofen and some warm compresses. I really only remember that I had surgery 3 weeks ago when I open a heavy door or reach for something way above my head. I's still limited to the stationary bike as per my PS but that's been fine.

More pics

YOu look fabulous! I am also petite and athletic and have 3 children (16 months, 5, 6) and am scheduled for surgery this Friday. I am terrified! I am going for a 250cc. I will have help the first 9 days…..and then i am on my own. (with my husband but he travels a lot). I am wondering if i should hire some more help for after 9 days??
Thank you! I am pleased with the results so far. My husband also travels a lot. I had help for the first 11 days and thought it was excessive, but as I said in one of the posts, it's better to have the help scheduled than scramble while you're in the midst of healing/chaos. You might want to see how you are feeling at 1 week post op then decide about the following week when your husband travels. I changed diapers on the floor for the first couple of weeks. I needed help lifting my youngest in and out of the tub and stroller. I'm now 3.5 weeks out and I am doing all childcare on my own. Maybe consider having an extra set of hands from 3p to bedtime. Those are the hours I was exerting myself and on my feet the most with the kids as my older 2 are in school all day. Best of luck! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Brrrr...

It's very cold here, and I discovered that shivering is uncomfortable/paintful! My chest muscles on top of the implants tensed up quite a bit and were actually painful for those few minutes while I was shivering. Once I stopped shivering, the pain went away on its own. Other than that - all is well.

Wow u look very natural...loving it! I haven't had surgery yet and yesterday I was being self conscious of how much chest muscle I use...omg, opening door, cleaning snow off the car, supermarket, trying not to slip on ice walking back from the car, laundry, pilates, reaching for things, walking my dog, hugging...lol aaanndd SHIVERING in the cold! I didn't realize..Stay warm love...
Congrats on the new, beautiful boobs!!! They look very natural and the perfect size.

Bra sizing

I went to a proper bra shop and was measured at 32C. I think it's important for people to be fitted correctly by a proper bra shop once the swelling goes down. I was wearing mostly 34Bs post BA as that's what I measured at VS, and they were quite uncomfortable.

Congrats!!! The size is very natural looking. You look great :)!
So true! Between settling and swelling it's important not to get measured too early! I find 34B doable but a little wider and flatter than the 32C. I have found the 32C fits me better too. More projection. Where did you get measured?

One side not dropping as nicely and is sore

I had my 6 week check up last week. Looks like my right side isn't dropping as nicely and has also been sore. It was sore when I had the mondor cord and continued to be sore. My PS is concerned that mild contracture might be happening, so I am on singulair now until my next visit in 6 weeks. They look amazing in a bra and in clothing -- one can only tell when I'm naked.

Other than that - everything has been going well.

Question -- I didn't know you could wear a under wire so soon after surgery? I guess due to all my physical activity use to wearing sports bras
Was getting so many e-mails I stopped for awhile until later I will post pictures of my face. But, your surgeon did a nice job -- you probably did over-due with lifting -- that's a no no mom! I know hard to do with kids. But I truly believe - having this procedure done -- rest and give it some time --the other one will drop and you are going to look fantastic -- have no worries
They do look fantastic. Sorry you're experiencing this road bump in your recovery. Hope it resolves on its own. I'm sending you positive healing vibes!