31st birthday gift to me! 5'7", 135lbs, 397cc silicone unders

Hey folks! I've been reading reviews on here for...

Hey folks! I've been reading reviews on here for several months and have really benefitted from all the stories and insights. So much so, that I though I'd share my own! So while I'm 5 days post op now I'll start with what I started with... Which wasn't bad but it wasn't really proportional. Results pending!

Pre-op: 34b
Post-op:??
Hight: 5'7"
Weight: 133
397cc silicon unders allergen natrelle mod profile
Crease incision

Day 6 Update & some thoughts on decision-making

Hey guys!! So, I actually chose my doctor based on his "rapid recovery breast augmentation" procedure and he has such a great attitude but also was serious about the fact that he will say no to the procedure if I am not the right candidate etc. So it took me about 4 months from when I first went in to my consultation to actually finally booking, and even then I called them a week out and tried to cancel almost fully giving up my payment because I was so so scared. I was worried I would hate it, that people would judge me or that I wouldn't feel like my normal self ever again. I stayed up nights obsessing, I read like a zillion of these posts online, would wake up and say "YES this is what I want" and go to sleep crying that I might be making a terrible decision and risking my health. Both of those might be true, but after finally biting the bullet, sucking up the courage and popping a xanax I managed to get to the surgery center and out, and can you believe it, piece of cake! I tell you all of this because maybe there is someone out there like me who needs a little reassurance. This is a completely elective decision, so you need to be cool with electing to change your body. I did, and I'm actually really happy so far! It's been something I've thought about for years and as I got older and finally had the money to do so, I figure WTF not! Anyway, that's my rant. It does hurt, you need to give yourself AT LEAST 2 weeks before even looking at your boob results, most of the time even more leeway but I did RR procedure so I should have a good idea on the final product a month in. So, not everyone is the same or will have the same experience. I paid a LOT of money and did a lot of research since I believe you really get what you pay for and I don't want to play around with my body if I can avoid it. I'm guessing you all feel the same way!

So, now onto my status: I actually didn't need a helping hand at all after the first 24 hours. In fact, I had a post op follow up with my PS the next morning and grabbed a cab and went alone. Was definitely hurting, and stiff and super protective though so don't think I was doing jumping jacks, but I could function independently which was important to me. Also I could lift my arms right after surgery and was completely coherent and making jokes with the nurses afterward eating crackers and drinking ginger ale my doctor says that's great but definitely not always common. The sucky part was this horrible shooting nerve pain I had in my side right under my left armpit for 2-3 days. I think it may be related to that bruise i posted a pic of. Other than than not really any bruising and they cleaned all marks off. Once that was over I started feeling pretty comfortable. I could shower after my day 1 post op appointment where he put silicon strips over my scars (internal stitches).

The boobs: while they are still swollen & firm at day 6 (and look HUGE naked but rather normal and unnoticeable in clothes btw) I'm excited that my progress has been relatively rapid. I actually chose to do this procedure before moving apartments (smart, right?) and while i've had helpers packing etc, I've been able to pick up non-heavy things and move around quite well since Day 4. Yesterday I even spent the day packing and then went out to dinner! Right now I just got back from brunch and plan to do a bit more packing... I feel pretty comfortable and just taking celebrex morning and night, extra-strength tylenol and he gave me a script for oxycodon as needed but haven't needed it since the side nerve pain went away. There is still weight and numbness on my chest, but the feeling is almost more like I'm wearing a padded bra then "oh crap there is something foreign under my skin itching to get out!! a la Alien" which I'm telling you, is sort of what I expected. None of my friends know about it yet, I'll probably tell people once I have to be in a bikini and they are softer and less scary big but for now, you can hardly tell as long as I don't wear anything low cut. I do feel bloated and almost "PMS-y" but i think the fat feeling is a) big boobies! b) no working out c) mild constipation

Anyway... that was a long ramble but let me know if you have any questions. Posting a photo of this morning when I tried laying on my side when I woke up. They look soooo big but I'm glad they are moving around more - still feel so stiff.

1 Week Post-Op!

So today I was so excited to go see Dr. V again for my 1 week post op. The girls have been getting a bit more pliable and less swollen but this rapid recovery breast augmentation thing is no joke, my experience has been really great and I already feel so full of energy and normal again. Still keeping my boobs under clothes and not on display at all... can't wait for them to soften up so I can show 'em off. According to Dr. V I still have 2-3 months before they'll really feel soft again and I'll be ready to prance around in a bikini. Which I know, is nothing in the world of BAs but us NYers are in a hurry for everything! It actually has been so nice to relax this week and force myself not to take on too many activities.. though the time has really dragged by because it's not a pace I'm used to.

Anyway, rambling. So I went in and Dr. V said the boobs look fab and he's happy I'm recovering so fast and smoothly. He removed the silicone strips and cleaned the scars. He showed me them in a hand mirror and they don't look that bad considering. Hard to believe these big balloons went through such little holes. He replaced the silicone strips and scheduled another appointment for next week. I'm going on a trip in 10 days so he'll arm me with strips of my own to take care of while I'm gone.

Next step in the Dr. V regimen is to go out and buy an underwire bra! Yea, I know, crazy sounding right after all we've read here! Well, first off he told me never ever to wear Victorias Secret again... apparently those bras are terrible and can ruin a perfectly good procedure. Secondly, he sent me directly to a bra fit stylist at Intimacy (a specialty lingerie store in NYC) who would equip me with a pricey but perfect bra for me to help coach my boobs into perfectly shaped happy places. Since the bras are european and specialty, by wearing these underwires I'll actually be helping form a perfect capsule for my end result boobs. I'll even be sleeping in this bra... which I'm a little wary of since I'm already uncomfortable sleeping like a bent plank. I ditched my little surgical crop top (FINALLY) and either should wear this fancy bra or go braless otherwise. Right now I'm still swollen all around my boobs so doc expects me to need future band adjustments as the boobs heal and swelling goes down.

Annnnd for my bra size: 34F!

Wowzas. The stylist said I'd probably end up 32DD/E if she had to guess. Considering I started at 34/36B I'm all confused about this bra size process now. Oh well, I'll just roll with it. Photos of the bra I purchased which is called the Prima Donna Madison Balconnet ($131) ... long name, HUGE price tag, but it is a perfect fit and hopefully perfect results. Photos attached plus a few more from today.

PS- I've been lying down in this bra for 20 minutes and it's so itchy :(

Bloated and big

Having a bit of a bummer day today. Tried looking for bras at macys and it's basically impossible to find even a DD much less 34DD or bigger.

My stomach feels so mushy and bloated. Just having a fat day and there's no way to smush down the boobs while without them I could pad up if I was in the mood.

Just not feeling great today.

11 days post op and having fun!

Thought I'd give a little update since I'm feeling good about the boobs again :) I guess it's a lot of ups and downs those 1st few weeks from what I've read of other peoples stories. So yea, I definitely forget about the boobs when I'm out and about now. The changes are subtle but they feel softer every day and discomfort is minimal. They are still firm of course and don't move much on their own but that's to be expected I think. I really do feel like they're part of my body though and not foreign which makes me super happy.

Found THE perfect bra: it's called the Prima Donna Caressence. I'm a 32F now but while big, they feel proportional to my chest width.

Posted a picture in the original American apparel bra so you can see how different they look pre and post op!

Thanks sooo much for the comments! Xo
Dr. Nicholas Vendemia

Always friendly and educational. Took his time with my concerns, spent lots of time getting to know me, my personality and lifestyle in order to give me the results I wanted.

Hey your stats are pretty much identical to mine too...
Brilliant photos, thank you for adding... It really helps, procedure booked fir Nov. Your results are fab, really natural looking definitely the look i want! Congrats. With regards to your procedure how did it differ?
Hei Congrats! They looks Beautiful and looks natural! :)
Beautiful ...you look great!!! So happy for you;)
Hi thank You! Yours are looks Beautiful too! ;)
Hi! Congrats with ur new girsl! The picture You post on the day 1 was really nice! You look Good! You already Healthy and no pain! I'm in 5 days now but still difficullt to Move around.. And i do hope i can ke a picture of mine tommorrow after showering... Anyways enjoy the new girsl!
I had mine done last october my cup size ending up being a 32g I have found best place to buy bras is on amazon most of them are free shipping and returns. There are some great sites on how to measure yourself for right size bra.
Thank you! I think I'm adjusting - even today they seem to have gone down. I guess it's just an adjustment period. What did you start with? Did you feel big after?
Thank you!! I guess I'm just adjusting to feeling a bit larger physically ... I like the look but need to catch up to the reality. Did you feel like that at all? What size did you start with?
I started with a 32 c and yes first time i saw them i thought the were hughe. It takes a couple months for swelling to go down and for them to drop and look natural but i love them i look great in clothes now. It does take awhile to get yse to them but u will.
You look good girly.
Thank you!
Wow, your BA looks great! Congrats!! I hope mine look that good! I go for mine on October 2nd!
Thank you so much! I'm sure it'll be awesome!
Does it feel strange at all having something in your body that is foreign? That is what I worry about. I always don't want anyone to find out about the procedure, if I do it. Is that crazy? I am not wanting to go crazy size wise.
Yea I was worried about that too... It doesn't really feel "foreign" and I'm not aware of "something in my body" as I thought I would be. Here's the analogy I have: I don't know about you, but I've sprained an ankle and also I'm terribly allergic to certain mosquitos so sometimes get huge swollen welts. When I walk or move with these big swellings there is a sense of heaviness or awareness. That's what this is like almost - without the pain or itchiness :) It's a feeling just like your boobs are really swollen. That's how it is for me. When I wear a bra I become even less aware.
congratulations. You look awesome.
Thank you!! Still a little freaked by how large and hard they are but trying to remind myself it is still early.
WOW! You look amazing already:)
Thank you!! I find photos are the most helpful definitely in understanding the process. Now that my first review was published I'll add more info.