30 Years Old, 5'8, 120lbs, 32B to Full C or Small D - New York

I read tons of reviews on this site after going in...

I read tons of reviews on this site after going in for a consultation with my PS a few weeks ago. Now that I've scheduled my surgery date, it's my turn to contribute. Reading the honest and uncensored experiences that others have gone through has been so helpful as I made my decision, and now as I'm mentally preparing myself for what recovery will be like.

I just turned 30 this year, and getting a BA is something I've always had in the back of my mind. I guess it has something to do with age, but this year I finally stopped caring about what others think and decided it was about time I started living my life for me. After my consultation I was excited but incredibly nervous about all of the risks involved. I went back for a "try on" a couple weeks later which is what reeled me in -- once I had the implants stuffed in my bra, I didn't want to give them back!! Now I can really visualize my curvier, happier self and I can't wait for my surgery on October 9th.

I have a fairly tall/slender frame and a really small upper body in general (as you can see in my pictures I have a really bony chest, always been that way) so I'm concerned about going too big and looking unnatural. At my try-on I looked at 280, 300, and 330 cc and I think the 300 looked the best. My PS will try all three and then pick the one that looks the most natural. I think he has a great aesthetic and understands what I want, so I'm confident it will turn out great.

One thing I'm not sure about is going over or under the muscle. My PS says that the 300cc could probably go over the muscle on me, but any bigger and it would definitely need to be under. It seems like under the muscle looks more natural, so I'm thinking of going with that regardless, but I'm nervous about the additional pain and recovery time. Any advice?

I posted some before pics as well as wish pics. Six weeks to go!!

One month to go!

My BA is about a month away now. I'm getting more excited by the day -- I wish it were sooner! I got my pre-op packet in the mail from my PS, which has all the necessary prescriptions and homeopathics to purchase, and lists of things to do to prepare for surgery.

I started doing some surgery shopping this week. I ordered some front-close bras from WalMart and a couple of stretchy no-wire bras to wear in the weeks after surgery. I also ordered a wedge pillow to help me sleep upright, which I learned about from reading the reviews on this site -- thanks ladies!

As I was getting ready for yoga this morning, I couldn't help but think how great my favorite tank tops are going to look after my BA!! Here's another before picture -- keep in mind this tank top has padded inserts in it. Can't wait to compare in a few weeks.

I would suggest going under muscle, it will look more natural & you're less likely to have CC scaring. I really wanted a natural look as well, I have 425cc Mod plus silicone under muscle & I love them. Just know that u will loose about 25cc's going under muscle & the recovery takes a little longer. My friend said the only thing she regrets is going over the muscle & not doing silicone. I wish u all the best & look forward to seeing how you progress :)
Thanks excitedflower :) I'm so glad that I joined this site -- I've learned so much! I've decided to go under the muscle for sure, and I'm leaning towards a bigger implant (330cc). I want to go back for one more try-on before the big day just to be sure. Your BA turned out wonderful, congratulations!!!
Under the muscles would look more natural and less risky for a cap con. Also, i read that going under will make us lose some cc's. think it through. even i myself am having a difficult time in deciding between 300cc, 325cc and 350cc!! And my BA is only a week away!! *screams!*
Caballo, I was having a hard time at 3 days away...it's a big decision, even bigger than buying a car in my opinion. Yes you will loose about 25cc's going under mucle. Have you tried rice sizers yet? You can make them & wear them around even leave the house and go on a errand. It really helped me decide what size I was comfortable with. I liked using a pair of stocking you can get them from the dollar store (that way the conform to your body better than baggies & you can change sizes). Although I fell asleep with some in & woke up craving stir fry. Lol Best of luck to you both :)
Good luck!! Can't wait to see how it turns out :) I'm so excited that I don't know how I'll wait 6 more weeks!
I downloaded an app from the android market that had a countdown calendar, so I knew exactly how many days, hours, minutes & even seconds I had to go before my surgery. I have no idea why, but it helped me to look at it in hours, minutes & the seconds seemed too far away until 2 days before surgery. Lol I can't wait to see how your surgery turns out!
Happy birthday, I'm so excited for you & look forward to seeing how your journey progresses. It really doesn't look like you have a lot of breast tissue. I know if it was me I would go under, you're less likely to get CC scaring & because you don't have a lot of breast tissue to cover your implants, you're more likely to have rippling. I have a wonderful friend who had hear BA & she said if she could do it over she only change 2 things, 1. She would go under the muscle & 2. She would of chosen silicone. She's thin l, very healthy & has a lot of rippling & is having some of the CC scaring. When your implant is over muscle your likelihood of CC scaring is 70%, when you go under the likelihood of CC scaring is 7%. No I'm not a plastic surgeon. But this is, information that my PS has passed on to me. There are some PS who won't even preform over muscle implants anymore, because the results just aren't as nice. Nothing like paying thousands of dollars for Beautiful Breasts & every time you bend over your breast rippling, or having to feel uncomfortable about your breast implants. I would be interested to see why your PS wants to do over muscles? Yes the recovery time is a couple weeks longer. Breast implants are a lifetime commitment, basically we are forever changing our breasts & will more than, likely at some point we will have a revision. Do you know if youwant silicone or saline? All my best to you, what a fabulous 30th birthday gift to give yourself & you're worth every dollar. I hope you are able to choose exactly what's right for you & that your PS does an amazing job.... that you get the breasts of your dream :) xoxoxoxo
Thank you! I didn't know that there is less chance of cc with unders. It seems like it will be worth any extra pain and recovery time to have beautiful boobs in the long run.
Oh and forgot to mention that I am doing silicone!
I would watch some YouTube videos if you can & Google under muscle verses over muscle. I know one very reputable PS locally who won't even preform unders because of the CC scaring. Every PS is different, I know those figures should add up to 100% lol but that's exactly what my PS told me 7% chance of CC scaring with unders. Best of luck to you :)
I lover silicone, they feel so real they're firm yet soft. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! :)
*Lover! Lol my smartphone can sure make me look silly! I love silicone, I'm so glad I went sith silicone. I think you'll be very happy with them.
Hey there! Congratulations on taking the "plunge" so to speak! Under the muscle really is a more natural look and especially with your small frame an over-the-muscle seems like it'll have a more "fake" look to it from what I've read?? But hey, I don't REALLY know since I'm no professional boob chooser, it's your PS that can really advise you :) We have a similar frame though I am a bit wider in the chest maybe so you can do a smaller implant than me. But honestly, I think you'll look fabulous and if it's what you want and can get it - power to ya babe!
Hi nyclady! Your boobs look gorgeous!! I am leaning towards unders now after reading your comment and others. Seems like it will look much more natural and I am worried about looking too fake! Keep me posted on your recovery :) I hope mine turn out as beautiful as yours!!!
Hey babes how are you. I'm happy you chose to do a BA real soon. Can't wait to see your results. Feel free to reach out to me if you need anything
Thanks itty bitty!! You look amazing, congrats!! Lots of helpful info in your review too :)
Thank you and your always welcomed.
Hi gosh I am no surgen but I just had mine done 4 days ago am I'm of similar build to you what I have learned from my experience and I am very happy with my results. I did so much research and saw 4 PS but I chose the most qualified one who had a preference for natural looking breasts and listened to my concerns and had time for all my questions. What I have gathered is that the most natural result will be achieved by staying within your breast width within a cm or so. I gather your PS is saying that if you choose a larger size then for it to fit then it has to go over the muscle which may not look natural and as you dont have a lot of breast tissue and over time they might not look that natural (once again I am no PS just my opinion) I had the dual plane which the top part of the implant is under the muscle and the bottom half under the breast tissue I had that to avoid a lift after breastfeeding little one for years I'm and active 39yrs. I also had anatomicals also don't be scared of profiles I was I went with a high profile my PS preference was for the extra high profile but I was so nervous I should of trusted his judgement he does a lot of reconstrustive surgery any way I think they look more natural than the lower profile they can look flat to me. Im very happy with my results and wouldn't change a thing. Google the high 5 approach to breast augmentation so much info I also have Allergan 410 255cc moderate height full profile. Allergan have a large range Im so happy my PS used them. I hope I haven't confused you best of luck!!
Hi Fairy Mary! Thanks for all the info. I can tell you've done your research. My PS said that with a 300cc implant, if it's placed over the muscle I have enough breast tissue to cover it, but any larger and it should go under the muscle in order to look natural. I thought the 300cc looked very proportionate at my try-on, but part of me is tempted to go bigger. My PS uses Allergan as well. Would love to see how yours turned out! Congrats!