30 Years Old, 5'8, 120lbs, 32B to Full C or Small D - New York

I read tons of reviews on this site after going in...

I read tons of reviews on this site after going in for a consultation with my PS a few weeks ago. Now that I've scheduled my surgery date, it's my turn to contribute. Reading the honest and uncensored experiences that others have gone through has been so helpful as I made my decision, and now as I'm mentally preparing myself for what recovery will be like.

I just turned 30 this year, and getting a BA is something I've always had in the back of my mind. I guess it has something to do with age, but this year I finally stopped caring about what others think and decided it was about time I started living my life for me. After my consultation I was excited but incredibly nervous about all of the risks involved. I went back for a "try on" a couple weeks later which is what reeled me in -- once I had the implants stuffed in my bra, I didn't want to give them back!! Now I can really visualize my curvier, happier self and I can't wait for my surgery on October 9th.

I have a fairly tall/slender frame and a really small upper body in general (as you can see in my pictures I have a really bony chest, always been that way) so I'm concerned about going too big and looking unnatural. At my try-on I looked at 280, 300, and 330 cc and I think the 300 looked the best. My PS will try all three and then pick the one that looks the most natural. I think he has a great aesthetic and understands what I want, so I'm confident it will turn out great.

One thing I'm not sure about is going over or under the muscle. My PS says that the 300cc could probably go over the muscle on me, but any bigger and it would definitely need to be under. It seems like under the muscle looks more natural, so I'm thinking of going with that regardless, but I'm nervous about the additional pain and recovery time. Any advice?

I posted some before pics as well as wish pics. Six weeks to go!!

One month to go!

My BA is about a month away now. I'm getting more excited by the day -- I wish it were sooner! I got my pre-op packet in the mail from my PS, which has all the necessary prescriptions and homeopathics to purchase, and lists of things to do to prepare for surgery.

I started doing some surgery shopping this week. I ordered some front-close bras from WalMart and a couple of stretchy no-wire bras to wear in the weeks after surgery. I also ordered a wedge pillow to help me sleep upright, which I learned about from reading the reviews on this site -- thanks ladies!

As I was getting ready for yoga this morning, I couldn't help but think how great my favorite tank tops are going to look after my BA!! Here's another before picture -- keep in mind this tank top has padded inserts in it. Can't wait to compare in a few weeks.

Decisions, Decisions

I went to see my PS today for one last pre-op visit. I explained that I decided to go a bit bigger, and now the plan is to go with either 339cc or 370cc. 339 will get me to a full C and possibly a small D, and with the 370 I'll likely be a D. I think I'll be happy with either one.

I also bumped up my surgery date from October 9th to October 7th!! I put in my two weeks' notice to the itty bitty titty committee :) So ready to do this!

Today's the day!

I can't believe boob day is finally here. I'm going over to the office just before noon...only a few hours to go! I'm not feeling the least bit nervous, just excited and anxious to see the results. See you on the other side ladies!

All done!

Just got home a little while ago. Everything went swimmingly! It's definitely painful and tight but very manageable so far. My PS could only fit the 304's because my chest muscles were so tight!! I love them so far and will post pics in a few days. Thanks for all the love and support ladies!

So far, so good

I wanted to write an update about my experience the day of surgery while it's still fresh in my mind. So....here we go!

I got to the doctor's office around 11:45 and they brought me back right away to change. I changed into a gown and non-slip socks. Then the anesthesiologist came back to give me a valium, and the nurse came in to check on me and say hi. After that, everything happened pretty fast, so I didn't have too much time to get nervous. My PS came in to mark me up and go over everything one last time, and then I walked with him right into the OR. I couldn't have been in there for more than 5 minutes before I was out! The anesthesiologist put in my IV and then put a mask over my mouth and said, "Alright, you'll be asleep in a few seconds!"

The next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room. I was having a dream about eating a bagel at Panera, so when the nurse woke me up I was like....wait, I'm not at Panera? I was super thirsty so she brought me some water, and then some ginger ale, and she chatted with me while I waited for my BF to arrive. After awhile it occurred to me to ask what size I got -- 304ccs. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to go with 339 or 371, just a tad bigger, but apparently my chest was so tight that 304 was as big as they could go.

In addition to being thirsty, I felt really cold and shivery when I woke up, so the nurse put blankets over me and had some kind of contraption that blew warm air inside the blanket which was amazing. I stopped feeling cold but I could not stop shivering for the life of me! When it came time to leave, I had a hard time standing up and getting into the car because I was shivering so much. The nurse said that anesthesia has that affect on some people. Just a heads up in case that happens to anyone else out there. Once I got home and got under the covers, the shivering stopped.

The pain has not been bad at all -- I would say it's more tightness and discomfort than pain. The worst part that that first night was the nausea. I got home around 4-4:30 pm and hadn't eaten all day, but I had absolutely no appetite, so I just drank ginger ale and water. Around 8 pm I forced myself to have a few sips of chicken soup and a little applesauce, but that was all I could stomach. I eventually threw up once around 11 pm, and after that I started to feel better. No more nausea today.

Last night I was fine getting up and going to the bathroom by myself -- it definitely hurts to get up at first, but the nurse told me to use my abs, which takes a lot of the strain off your arms and shoulders. Otherwise my BF waited on me hand and foot. Today I've been able to get up and walk around the apartment, make myself some oatmeal, and get drinks throughout the day -- I even took a shower! All in all, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected.

First post-op pics -- 304cc under the muscle silicone

Finally had a chance to try on a cute lacy bralette today -- it's hard to believe that's all me in there! I also had to include a picture of the lovely strap/surgical bra combo that I'm sporting most of the time. The surgical bra is really comfy...the strap, not so much! But I'm eager for these babies to drop, so I'm trying to wear it as much as possible.

Hangin' in there

So far recovery has not been too bad. I've done some work from home -- in bed with my laptop of course -- and went out yesterday to take a walk and run a couple of errands. My energy levels are still really low. Just taking a shower and getting dressed leaves me exhausted! I can lift my arms above my head to wash my hair and get changed, but I'm still not strong enough to use a blow dryer.

The pain is basically gone and really hasn't been bad at all. I stopped taking Vicodin after day 1 post-op and have just been taking Extra Strength Tylenol the last two days. The only discomfort I'm experiencing is a sore/heavy feeling in my boobs, which seems to be worst when I first wake up (the dreaded "morning boob" I suppose) and in the evening after I've been moving around all day.

The worst part of recovery for me, by far, is the effects of the anesthesia and the pain meds. I cannot understate how grossly bloated I am! I took Colace at the suggestion of my PS, but after no movement for two days I took a laxative yesterday afternoon. When it finally kicked in last night, the results were excruciating. I still don't have much of an appetite and have to force myself to eat. I've been making myself little meals and snacks throughout the day -- homemade chicken soup, oatmeal with fruit, and frozen grapes have been my go-to's. I also keep low-sodium Wheat Thins by the bed and eat a few every time I take pain medication or antibiotics.

Seems like the worst of it is over now -- my plan for this weekend is to relax and watch lots of movies!

Feeling great!

I almost feel like I'm back to my normal self now! My post-op appointment is tomorrow, when I'll get my stitches out. Today I'm wearing an old VS sports bra, size small -- still fits but looks a little different ;)

Better every day

Every day they get a little bit softer and start to feel more like a part of me. I'm so glad I did this! Was back at work today and felt fine. Took some Tylenol when I got home, but otherwise got through the whole day without any pain or soreness. Yay for boobies!