Breast Reduction, Mini Tuck, lipo to back and a little fat transfer--completed on 9/8.

Ladies, you have given me so much--your generosity...

Ladies, you have given me so much--your generosity of spirit. Even if this page helps just one woman to make an informed decision about this surgery, it will be worth it. I am not one to put myself "out there" like this--yes, the veil of anonymity indeed helps. Nevertheless, feelings of vulnerability, fear and shame rise to the surface. So I speak to the vulnerability, I speak to the fear and I speak to the shame....and I say, "Be of good Courage"..... "Peace be Still".....pay it forward.

And the count down begins......

Here are my stats--I am 5'2 and currently 165. I have lost 15 lbs over the past three months. I plan to lose 10 additional pounds prior to my surgery date. Dr. Schulman emphasized that it is best for me to get the weight off prior to surgery.

I had my consultation last Wednesday. I secured my surgery date the day of the consultation. Considering I am looking for the biggest, fullest, roundest booty possible for my frame with great projection, Dr. S is looking at between 1200-1500 cc's per cheek.

My love/hate relationship with Padded Underwear (*see pic*)

Well here she is....my fanny panty....I have worn padded underwear for YEARS....The LOVE: looks fantastic with jeans; certain pants and skirts, I've even rocked it in a bathing suit! On many occasions, i have been referenced as having a big booty lol! If they only knew.......

The CONS: it has a visible ridge under certain clothing (anything too thin and/or too light in color will not work); it has no hips to it so looks funny under dresses...and when my husband grabs my behind, I don't want him holding a lump of foam......I'm sure you ladies understand lol

So here's my daily ritual. I put on my regular (non padded underwear)-then I put on my long line bra (for my back rolls/fat and stomach...smooths everything out) and lastly I slip on my padded booty. I can't tell you how amazing it will be to not have to "suit up" like this anymore.......

My love/hate relationship with Padded Underwear (*see pics*)

As I head out the office, here is a pic with my fanny panty on with black slacks. Mind you, I've lost weight, so the slacks are loose, but you can kinda see how it looks....

Go Hard or go Home.....the work out....started a multivitamin (USP verified)

Another great work out at the gym today....I go hard. Cardio 35-45': combination of light running at 5.2 and steady walking at 4.0-4.5 with arms moving steady. Motivation: Dr. Dre's Beats Headphones. Love running to Clique with Jay and Kanye....once I get to Kanye's part, then I know I'm in the home stretch lol. I also do resistance training (upper/lower body) and core work ( I know I have some great abs under all this meat! lol) I do about an hour of resistance training and then finish out with stretching.

I have been going to the gym faithfully for a couple years 1-2x a week. Helps me to treat myself to what I want and still maintain my weight. In February, I decided to knock some pounds off--same work out, but changed my eating.

I started a multivitamin in preparation for surgery. I prefer to derive my nutrients from food, but considering this is major surgery, I figured I need to start on a good multivitamin. I chose NatureMade Multi Complete--USP verified and affordable.

The power of words....."Eww, her butt is so flat!"

It was a beautiful summer day in the hood. I was 11 or 12. Got done playing double and running back/forth to the corner store. It was getting hotter and hotter outside. Hey, let's go swimming! So we all meet up and walk up to the city pool. I was and am a fish....at three, I would scare people. I loved hanging out at the bottom of pools in the deep end on my back and look up at the sky with my arms/legs gliding back/forth....still do. Back to the hood. My new neighbor from downstairs happens to join us. Light skinned girl..mean as hell.....long hair....small build....not really pretty, but being light skinned with long hair and a bunch of sisters gave her status.....my Mom would tell me, don't pay that girl no mind...she's a trick baby smh....it was true, but my mom was a trip lol. I remember I felt the sneak attack coming from this girl....she couldn't stand me and I knew it. I got her wrath by default as her family did not like my mother. So we're all walking back from the pool with our bathing suits on and towels wrapped around us. Mind you, I'm trying to stay out of this girls way. All of a sudden, I hear her yell out "Eww, her butt is so flat!". Needless to say, I was mortified. I don't know what was worse, being called a "N" just about everyday in my all White suburban school before my mother lost yet another job, or hearing "eww, her butt is so flat!". The "N" attacks were hurtful...but I don't think I internalized that as much. I remember begging my mother to buy me these padded underwear. I was so excited when they arrived in the mail. I wanted them to work so bad....they didn't. Then when I hit puberty, I started to get a little booty. My mother would tell me "you have booty...it just sits low". We would call it "bottom butt". And I did have some butt at the time (gone way south since then)...but in my mind, my butt was awful.... I would strategically try to find blouses that would cover the top, non-existent part of my butt and look for pants/skirts/shorts that didn't flatten out my "bottom" booty. Ya know, I find it amazing. I am a successful business woman, mother, wife....so if you asked me, does that wound still sit inside of you? I would have to say, yes....the power of words.

About a month away.......

Received a call from Rachel (Patient coordinator). She is mailing out my scripts and the medical clearance paperwork. I will likely go through an urgent care center vs my primary care physician as I prefer to maintain privacy relative to the BBL. Looks like the scale is about to drop another 5 pounds....very pleased.

Completed physical, Lab work, filled scripts....

Once the lab work comes in I will be all set. I was recently approved for an extra 500K term policy as a preferred insurer so I don't expect any problems. I was going to purchase some probiotics, but decided to instead use yogurt and Kefir as natural probiotics while taking the antibiotics. The key is eat/drink the yogurt/Kefir, wait 2 hours and then take the antibiotic....these days are gonna go by lightening fast so pacing myself to get everything in order

Short and Sweet....I've done my due diligence and I happen to choose a US Doc

Let me be clear, I have extensively researched BBL Doctors for YEARS. Some information was shared with me yesterday and I proceeded forward with further due diligence. That being said, I am confident in my decision and will proceed forward. I realize there are several "CAMPS" here at RS. I happen to be on #TeamSchulman. I support all women and show love across the board whether you choose a Surgeon from the DR, Mexico or what have you. That being said, those of us who choose a US Doc would appreciate the same respect and decorum. Should we be ridiculed for choosing to pay more here in the US as though we are fools? Or should a woman who chooses to save some money through medical tourism be judged or stigmatized for her decision? All plastic surgery comes with risk whether you choose to have surgery in the US or through traveling abroad. In peace.

It's Official! Medically cleared and paid in full

I will be having the surgery three weeks from today. I plan on being out of the office for 2+ weeks. Very excited.....can't wait!

Not gonna risk returning to work too early

If I'm gonna do this, I betta do it right. My job is very sedentary. Dr. Schulman advises we are not to sit directly on the fat grafting for 2-3 weeks. I can always sit on my thighs, but I'd rather wait the full 3 weeks before doing that for long periods. If I can drop 12 stacks, I can take 3 weeks off!

I will fight, scrape and crawl to get this body in the 150's by JULY 9th!

I have FINALLY dropped another 4 pounds....hola at a Sista! So that makes a total of 19 pounds gone. The scale is now at 161. Realistically, I am confident of getting at least another 3 pounds off by my July 9th surgery date. I've been getting MANY compliments. Love the more chiseled look in my face and neckline. I am not meant to be skinny and I'm perfectly fine with that. Recently attended an event....took lots of pics....and I must say shorty is looking HOT. One of my dear friends who is very straight forward, blunt and not big on giving compliments, told me I looked like a model in those pics and that my skin was flawless.....feels really good (*big smile*)

Dancing around the house....tying up any loose ends...had "the talk" with my husband

I'm ready to do this. Woke up refreshed from a HARD work week. Enjoyed lovely family time last night. So I had a sobering conversation with my husband making sure he knows where all our important documents are at and making my expectations clear regarding family/business....God forbid anything goes wrong. He looks at me intently and says "I really don't like this talk your sitting me down with right about now". I said to him, "look, you know how I am....believe you me, I expect to come through this with no complications or what have you, but you know I am a realist....and for me to have a peace of mind when I lay down on that operating table, things need to be in order...." He calmed himself down. Aaaah, so glad the weekend is here.....I'm dancing around the house....call myself rapping...NOT lol

About to make some fish and grits, start Arnica tablets today, Last chance work out

My husband was able to let his hair down with the fellas fishing-nice catches-now I'm about to fry these bad boys up and hook up some grits. I sho nuff will not be grubbing. The scale is just about at 159 despite my period mid week....so I'm not about to sabotage it. Plan on hitting the gym hard today....gonna miss it.

I had so much fun today in NYC I didn't want the day to end.....SIKE.....I'm ready to go get this BOOTY4REAL!!

Got rid of all the padded underwear (aaah) and walked around NYC as a straight up flatty....haven't done that in years! Ate some delicious food.....and in the evening, I went for a glorious swim....the hotel's pool was super LONG....perfect for an hour of lap swimming....the lights were so beautiful under the water....thanks so much for all of your well wishes....much love my Sistah's

I made it.....God is So Good!

Hi my beautiful Sistahs...all is well....everything went smoothly! I will update more when my minds clears......

Take notice if you haven't already.....Dr. Matthew Schulman is the business!

Day of surgery: arrived at 6 a.m. for an hour pre-op visit; the pre-op nurse was very informative; lovely/a genuinely kind disposition; she went over my post op meds/instructions. The surgical site was very comfortable/clean. Dr. Schulman peeked his head in to say good morning-so cute/completely unpretentious. Soon there after, Dr. S came in and took picks, talked with me and marked me up--made me feel very much at ease. He noticed my weight loss, and still felt confident of giving me a solid amount of cc's particularly considering the laxity of my booty skin. We briefly went over my wish pics (a special thank you to the ladies who pm'd me some of my favorite pics). Dr. S got the message: give me the max of cc's you can get in my cheeks with a refined waist and back. He made it clear that I would not have the tightness as the young ladies in the pics. I told him basically all I care about is roundness and projection. Dr. S has a superb bedside manner--he really took the time to listen and make sure we were on the same page. Lastly, the Anestesiologist sat down with me. Very informative, well-experienced, asked me to take the nail polish off of one finger-He was so sweet/very down to earth-I told him I was prepared for that and had my nail polish remover with me. I made sure not to have gel polish on just in case. The pre op nurse commented on how well organized I had everything. She placed the IV in my arm and then walked with me to the OR. I remember laughing with Dr. S about all of the booty rap songs. The Anestesiologist encouraged me to continue to talk and all I remember after that was waking up to a very soothing voice. The post op nurse was very sweet. She told me everything went perfectly. Dr. S came in very positive/upbeat and shared that it looks like I got the record cc's: 1600 in my left cheek and 1700 in the right (I had some Asymmetry where my right cheek was bigger than the left)--I said to myself, now that's what I'm talking about.....Hot diggity I hit the booty jackpot!

My husband was an excellent chauffeur--he had it set up beautifully in the minivan to allow me to stretch out on my stomach. I stayed buckled in throughout the ride back home. I was very comfortable. We pulled into the rest stop twice to have me walk around, use the bathroom. I ate the inside of a DD croissant--hubby's idea--just right and drank some ginger ail. I sang a lot....mission accomplished....so happy and thankful for God's grace and mercy.

Pain--not so much....more like a deep muscle soreness. The strength in my arms from working out has helped tremendously.

Urination-- lots of water consumption and ginger ail...pee started off a very rich yellow. I pee about every 30 to 60 minutes. It has lightened up tremendously. Sitting on the toilet: forget about it. I have been using a large plastic Golden Corral cup--I like it better than the female urinal. To avoid mess, I make sure to feel for my "anatomy" and make sure the cup is placed properly--works like a charm. I also have been using Vaseline on the outer lips of my Va Jay Jay to avoid any irritation from all the peeing.

Medications: taking the antibiotic (1 every 8 hours); Percs (started out 1 every 6 hours--on Day2 took two and then transitioned to Extra Strenghth Tylenol 2 500 milligrams every 6 hours). Also taking the Arnica.

Sleep--no problems--I lay on a long, comfy body pillow and elevate my feet just a tiny bit with a soft foam pillow.

Getting out the bed--I pivot onto my my knees (I have a comfy foam pillow to rest my knees on). My husband set up our roll out bed in the living room.

Walking and standing--I made sure to walk/stand day one. On the morning of Day 2, hubby took me out for a little 10 minute walk in front of our home and I get up to walk around when I urinate and take my meds.

Additional Day 2 information: received call from Rachel (patient coordinator). Arranged post op visit for next week.

Appetite: not so much. Ate cold watermelon and sunflower seeds. Also had a little almond butter on a piece of whole wheet wrap. Drinking lots of water and a little Gatorade. I make sure to coat my stomach before taking my meds.

My head is clearing from discontinuing the Percs. Too strong for me.

Best thing for me about Day 2: passing gas....simply glorious! I am in no hurry for a BM. Dr. S directed me to take my first shower Saturday morning.

That's it for now...thank you all again for your beautiful words of encouragement and support! xxoo

Day 2 post op pics

Day 3 post op--The infamous first BM; refreshing morning walking; feeling great!!

So here's the skinny from my experience/perspective on the first BM:
I was passing gas all day yesterday; my body was clearing the path for that BM. I awoke around 5:30 a.m., glided out of the bed on my stomach (of course) to my comfy memory foam pillows waiting to receive my knees. Stayed on my knees....busy passing gas...and then....it was time. There was no way this was going down with the garment on. I gently unzipped/unhooked the garment, slowly pulled the garment down to my knees. Now, if I had the ability to sit on my thighs while on the toilet, I would have had no problem--couldn't do it. I proceeded to get a garbage bag, lined my tub (yes I did) and placed a towel over one of my many pillows on the edge of the tub--this maneuver allowed me to only sit on my thighs while using my upper body strength to stay elevated (consistent work outs pay off in more ways than not!) I was able to stretch out my arms across the edge of the tub as I sat on my thighs.....and then I handled my business....pampers wipes (sensitive)--love them. While the garment was at my knees, I was able to wash up at the sink--felt sooo good. And of course, I took a looksy at my HOT new body--loving it!!

Today was day 3 for my morning walk--so refreshing--beautiful breeze--the trees were dancing--peaceful. I walked an extra 5 minutes this morning and I haven't even taken the Extra Strength Tylenol yet.

Even if I lose the expected 20-30%, I can officially say BYE BYE to padded underwear!

Looking at this PHATTY, I ain't even gotta worry about getting taken over by the infamous BootyGreed! Dr. Schulman gave me EXACTLY what I asked for. As far as I know, Left cheek (1600 cc's); Right check (1700 cc's)....an apparent Schulman record...I'm not mad at ya lol! I will find out all the details at my follow up next week. The day before my surgery, I threw out my last pair of padded underwear on the streets of NYC right in the green trash can seen in this pic-seemed only fitting lol!

Day 5-Happy Saturday :)) * First pics without garment *

Recovery is progressing nicely. Sleeping well. Not one, but two BM's this morning-and that's without the assistance of any stool softeners or prune juice. Just eating plenty fruit and vegetables. I have the garment (Marena) in the wash by itself (hand wash setting-cold water-Woolite). I am about to take my first shower.....yes Lord! I can independently get in/out of the garment with no problem whatsoever. No dizziness at all. I have approximately 11lbs of water retention....it was initially close to 15 lbs of water weight-I see this will take some time-my new hot bod gives me plenty incentive to be patient with the process lol! So glad I dropped all that weight prior to surgery! I will stick to a low sodium diet and continue to drink plenty water. My lil' sis, Tada Bam noted on her blog that Dr. Schulman recommended drinking Calendula tea to help with the swelling-I purchased some organic, caffeine free Calendula tea from Amazon. I have 3+ days left of the antibiotic (Keflex). I have been drinking Kefir-cultured milk smoothie (blueberry-yummy!) two hours before taking the antibiotic--as I mentioned previously, Kefir is a natural probiotic-very good prevention for yeast infections. It can be found at any Walmart right by the yogurt.

Genuine Flatty-A Reflective Moment

As a teenager and throughout my adulthood, I have had "the stain" spoken upon by Msbrandnew1. My booty never had a chance. On my father's side, I come from a long line of flat behinds. My mother's side helped me out a little bit, but not much. It didn't help that my mom had a fascination with big behinds and would always point them out "Would you look at that girl with that big ole upside down question mark ass....or....That's a big ass right there"!! I didn't pay it any mind until that fateful day of innocence lost walking from the pool, when my neighbor proclaimed "eww, her butt is so flat"! The stain of low self esteem I developed from having a flat butt did not deter me educationally or professionally. I am a successful woman in my own right. Nevertheless, my flat butt was a daily awareness. Padded underwear came through for me on one hand, but there was a certain anxiety I felt wearing them--"is the ridge showing, is it too far to the right, are they starting to get a flat look, what if God forbid I have a medical emergency, get hospitalized and my secret get's discovered, I sure hope my husband doesn't want to grab my butt while I have this foam on.....". Here's a pic of me the day before surgery-my last day as a Genuine Flatty.....brings me to tears.

Bottom's Up! *OR Pic*

OR table pic

I'm gonna let the pic speak for itself! Lol

Bubble butt lol

Heading down to NYC for post op follow up. Gotta say, I feel brand new this morning. Less stiffness, less tightness, more mobility. I had a very low grade fever on and off for two days.....it's definitely fully abated. I'm on my stomach stretched out in the back of the minivan listening to the song "Bubble Butt" on the radio...holla at a Sista!

Lost 11 pounds of water weight

I have drank water like it's going out of style--ate lots of watermelon--every time I urinate, I drink. Also started the Calendula tea (smooth).

Initial Post Op appointment this morning--here are the details

My husband drove me down to NYC in our minivan (driving back home now)--I lay across the two seats with a body pillow and an extra pillow to rest my head (as needed). Dr. Schulman was right on time-I don't think I waited even 5 minutes. His support staff are simply lovely. I still have a considerable amount of water weight, but it's getting better each day with plenty h20 and watermelon-low salt diet-Calendula tea-and of course the garment and walking.

Dr. Schulman is very down to earth--easy to talk to. He shared with me the following:

A total of 7 liters of fat was removed (3 liters from the front-abdomen area and 4 liters from the back). He placed 1700 cc's on the Left side and 1600 cc's on the Right. So that means I have a net fat loss of 3.6 liters (approx. 8 or 9 pounds).

Dr. S removed my stitches and demonstrated proper sitting (on my thighs).
I purchased my Stage 2 garment at the office and scheduled my next post in a month.

Recovery progressing very nicely *big smile*

Double digits *Day 10*-I gave hubby a "hands free" fashion show

I woke up early--I had a very low grade fever for 3 nights straight (completely normal)-- hot sweats/cold chills--No fever at all since Wednesday night. I am feeling beyond great! The booty is already starting to jiggle (left cheek). Both my husband and I are absolutely AMAZED with the results! He is salivating at the mouth.....indeed :)) Down fella lol! He'll get his "hands on" Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in due time. My behind is HUGE so as I said previously, when I lose some of the volume, it will be absolutely no problem at all....no bootygreed here! I know I must be feeling better.....got my Dr. Dre beats on....twisting and backing this ass up to GET LOW ......trying on dresses.....dancing in the mirror....marveling at my new KILLA hourglass shape!

Nah, Hands Off lol!

No handling the goods-eyes only!

*new pics*-Wearing pre-op panties......

Drove for the first time; Released about 16 pounds of fluid since surgery day

Yesterday, I drove for the first time. So you ask how did I sit and protect the Golden Fat? I used a yoga mat under my thighs and a boppy behind my back--the booty stayed completely elevated. How did I release so much fluid without the benefits of lymphatic message? Drinking water like it's going out of style; eating VERY CLEAN, nutrient rich, low-salt foods adding no extra salt to my meals; circulating the lymph through diaphragmatic breathing several times throughout the day and movement via walking and drinking Calendula Flower Tea.

Two weeks and two days post op......

Walked this morning for over and hour--completely normal now--I'm able to keep up with my pre-surgery pace; hills-no problem. Driving--yoga mat under the upper thighs and boppy behind my back works perfectly--Royal Jelly completely elevated. My booty--absolutely love it.....now mind you-she's massive: extremely round with lots of projection and lots of Jelly up in there.....so.....I went shopping at Macy's to prepare for work on Tuesday--I found some very flattering outfits that will also camouflage all this Jelly. Mind you, there is an expected 20% loss of volume-I will keep Juicy under wraps until I'm pretty much at my more final result.

Bathing Suit Pic

One Bathing Suit for now.....keeping her under wraps for a minute

Love the flat stomach and the absence of the back boobs/rolls, Yes Lord. I'm looking to camouflage the Royal Jelly right now (as you see in choosing a one piece and the pattern of print....also bought a black one piece that does the job). Walked again for over an hour on this glorious day...

Meant to say One Piece Bathing Suit

Gotta get my swim on soon!

Yippie!! UPS delivered more cloths today....I'm pretty much all set for my return to the office

As you may know from reading my blog, I work in a professional environment. There are several ladies like myself that also face the post op challenge of dressing for the office. So imagine dropping this big ole phatty right out the gate......uhmmm, no.... after being out for three weeks that would be ridiculously obvious lol! So, strategy, strategy, strategy. I am getting my mind back into business mode- Touched base with my secretary.....I've never been gone for 3 weeks, 2 weeks-yes indeedy.....but not 3. She held me down very well. Ok, so back to my Phatty Transition Plan--I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on cloths considering I will not be wearing most of these camouflaging outfits next year. I bought skirts with lots of movement, but tapered at the waist, some lovely Alfani and Calvin Klein that flow over Miss Fanny (very pretty/classy) and a couple Maggie London dresses. Also, two pairs black slacks--I will be wearing form fitting/silky, sleeveless blouses (got some GREAT deals on Jones of New York and Michael Kors)--I found some super affordable Charter Club open-front cardigans (Rayon/Spandex--very silky/comfy/very light weight)--I will wear the Cardigans over the silky sleeveless tops with the black slacks. Ladies, the SALES are off the chain right now!!

Meant to say Alfani and Calvin Klein blouses

One of which is a tunic....lots of flow....but pretty and doesn't give an appearance that I am trying to hide something.....like a baby (so not happening lol) or a big ole phatty......yea, I got that though!

2 weeks and 4 days-*pic*

Husband gave me a full back/sides massage this morning--delicious! Still plenty numbness in the back--less in the tummy. The booty has come down--still has full roundness and good projection.

Shear Panty Pic--Mr. Photographer wanted this pic lol!

Pics--will be 4 weeks post op on Tuesday

Driving post op

When I first started driving 2 weeks post, I found that the rolled up yoga mat directly under the top part of my thighs and the boppy behind my back worked the best. Since that time, I transitioned to using a half foam roller (24 inches in length) under the thighs. At two weeks, I don't know if my thighs would have been ready for the firmness of the foam (due to soreness). I like the half foam roller much better as it maintains it's shape and stays in place--the boppy behind my back is still needed while driving. You will find that the combination raises you up high--depending on your vehicle, lowering the seat evens things out. While driving, I keep my left leg straight out with my foot directly to the floor--this positioning also helps to control the elevation.

Half foam roller....

You can also place a nice thick towel over the half roller....I find that I don't need it though.....

Officially 6 weeks tomorrow *Pic*

Everything is progressing nicely. Dr. Schulman prefers for his patients to not resume normal sitting for 8 weeks. I've gotten used to it. For my post op workouts , I have been walking on the treadmill--I am not doing any lower body resistance work at this time--only upper. Despite the post op swelling going down and some reabsorption, the booty continues to remain round with good projection. Looks very natural on my body.....and let me tell you, this booty has set my libido OFF....it has been on and popping around here.....and yes, my husband can't keep his hands/eyes off of it! Just like BBTW (bigbootytinywaist) says, sometimes you literally just gotta get out of the man's way....or just plain ole hide lol!

lil'clothing tip at almost 7 weeks post op

Tunics are the way to go. What are so special about Tunics? The Tunic allows you to get away with wearing a nice pair of black yoga pants in a professional office environment. Summer Tunics are so perfect--the booty is completely covered
while still showing beautiful shaping (the
bubble butt carries it perfectly!) Tunics are so light and airey--super comfy and super
attractive. Now I don't know about other ladies, but my booty is not ready for structured/tailered slacks--still too confining. I got HUGE compliments at the office yesterday. Since I took off 20 pounds prior to surgery and have worn padded underwear for YEARS, my surgery has been completely undetectable. Someone said to me "you look incredible....I am so jealous...all that hard work paid off...". If she
only knew I had A LOT of help compliments
of Dr. Schulman.....lol BTW, I purchased most of my Tunics from Macys.

In pursuit of a phatty....at what expense?

I addressed a recent matter with a young woman here at RS by pm. She remained resolute in her position--"you sounded jealous"...and added, "your results vs mine are such a difference".The young woman referred to my results as "mediocre". It leaves me to ponder on the question: in pursuit of a phatty and a nicer body.... at what expense?" Does a woman sacrifice what is good, what is decent, a loving and kind heart? I say this, if the heart is filled with pride, competition and vanity before surgery, then the heart will be fueled even the more by these destructive intoxicants after surgery. Buyer beware!

Happy 8 week Birthday Booty!

It's been some ride! So about Ms. Fanny--she's round with nice projection, she's very bouncy, no hard or flat areas, she looks very natural, she's on the big side, but not huge by any means, very suited to my body. The slope--on point--never thought in a million years that it was remotely achievable. Dr. Schulman gives the green light for normal sitting at 8 weeks. I plan to begin the process very slowly in small increments with a soft pillow (taking the advice of my Booty Sergeant NYcutie ). At the gym, I continue to do upper body work and the treadmill. At the 3 month mark, I will start up lower body work again. I haven't had any reabsorption in about two weeks (it was minimal though--the fat passed through the urine). Compliments/stares are the daily norm......I've adjusted, but it's still kinda surreal.

8 week post op pics

Walmart stretch pants with Squeem

I have spoken a lot on these stretch pants (aka yoga pants)--super affordable and allows the booty to breath! I believe they are referred to as "yoga"pants. Love my squeem, but definitely could use a small.

The Booty is a Holding Tough

Getting ready to head to the gym. Approaching the 3 month mark-will give a more in depth update at that time. Hope everyone is well and being good to yourselves.

Cabral article in the New York Post "Woman dies after cosmetic surgery by dubious doc"

The link to the September 21st article is:
Cabral's patient, was a reportedly 31 year old mother of seven children. She died 17 days after surgery, last month on August 29th. The article also reported on Cabral's clinic closing for 10 days this past June after three women, all from overseas. So very sad.

Correction-"...this past June after three women, all from overseas, died".

See above for information on Cabral article.

My Phatty will be 3 months old tomorrow--Happy Birthday!

She done took full residence on my body. On a level, it seems she's been here forever. On another level, my newly invigorated shopping tells on her! Figure-fitting dresses were NEVER part of my wardrobe--and a belted trench--well clutch my pearls--my body is wearing it! The lipo work has lengthened me--when I tried on my Michael Kors belted trench, I stood their speechless. When my Mom saw it on me, she was speechless as well. Wherever this Phatty goes, she get's attention. Gotten used to it. After finishing up at the gym yesterday, I went to the market. As I bent over and reached to the back to get the freshest bread ( the grocery business is so sneak lol), I felt someone staring. As I looked to my left, I saw a woman staring at me--when I looked at her face, I saw that "stain" (my girl MsBrandnew1 coined that term--that low feeling of having a flatty). As she walked away, I saw that classic V shape.....you wish all women who wanted to change their body could do it....those of us who have had successful plastic surgery are truly fortunate....we should always be grateful and never take it for granted.

Here is a snapshot of some of the common questions:

Sitting: yes--but incrementally--30-60' at a stretch with and without a pillow. Without a pillow, I use really good posture and place most of my weight on my thighs.

Swelling: builds up in the abdomen if I don't drink enough water; massages are very important as well, and of course, compression.

Garment--I wear my original at night and my Squeem during the day (most days).

Weight--maintaining at 160

Skin--tingling at times on my abdomen--no shooting pain

Exercise--walking and upper body only. I will resume lower body workout at the 6 month mark.

Sleep--I still sleep on my body pillow laying on my stomach and occasionally my sides

Miss Phatty--shaped like an upside down question mark--she's on the big side.....fits my frame beautifully. I love that she doesn't go flat when I lay flat on my stomach. A couple times, I went to go "suit up" aka " gear up" (MzP!)--I'm referring to padded underwear and long lines....the couple mornings I caught myself going to suit up, I just chuckled to myself.....even if i have a little more reabsorption (don't see that happening, but still a possibility, ) those days of " suiting up" are OVER.

Busy day tomorrow so figured I better update today along with some new pics. Hope everyone is well and being good to yourselves....Much Love!

3 month Pics

3 months and two weeks on Tuesday

Had fun out on the town with this tight leopard print dress

I'll say it again, I love me some figure-hugging clothes now. For those of you ladies who have "suited/geared up" (shout out to my girl Mzphatbooty) with padded underwear, long-line bras, etc., you know that it's hard to get away with certain outfits-the ridge from the padded underwear will show, etc. And with a flatty, most of us are gonna stay out of anything that shows the imprint and shape of our booty. So to have an actual bubble butt with a shelf and back arch is absolutely amazing! My body now more aligns with how I feel--super sexy, confident, strong-a powerful woman in my own right.......

Couple pics.....

Eli--hubby told me to tell you this one is for you lol Hope is clearer lol!

Pic

It will be 4 months post op on Tuesday--Ms. Phatty is holdin'!

Elli890 shared with us a product I sooo wish I had post op.......

It's called Med-Sol Adhesive Remover (see pic on Elli's page). Let me tell you, getting that foamed surgical tape off was tough.....even took a bit of skin off my outer right thigh....ouch!! For those Schulman ladies with upcoming surgery dates, do yourself and get your hands on this product! Thanks Sweetstuff aka Elli890 ((hugs and kisses))

Teehee........let me re-word that......

......do yourself a favor........

Booty pic inspired by REFLECTIONS ON BOOTYLOVE.......with a little tongue-in-cheek (no pun intended lol) mixed in...

When you fall in love, he may be the last thing you think about before you go to sleep and the first thing you think of when you wake up. When we are in "phatty pursuit" pre-surgery, we may find ourselves on RS morning, noon at night. Similar to Romantic love, Bootylove can be passionate, intense and heartfelt.....it is that allure and ultimate attraction to that PHATTY. Whether you have always had a flatty or had the misfortune of losing a phatty to weight loss, etc., you have likely experienced Bootylove. As in romance, Bootylove is not a "one size fits all" type of love. Not at all. RS bootylovers undoubtedly have become "booty connoisseurs" with our own personal aesthetic. The many wish pics that adorn page after page.....the upside down heart-shaped aka heart dropped booty, the DONK, the big ole Shelf, the classic bubble butt, and all the variations in between. It has been said that there is a thin line between love and hate. In our RS Booty World, there is a thin line between Bootylove and Bootygreed. When bootygreed is in the midst, there is THIRST.....a deep thirst that may never be quenched. Now let's not confuse Bootyanxiety with Bootygreed.....Bootyanxiety often takes form after the post op swelling goes down.....it tries to convince us that our new back sides are only temporary and that one day, all will be lost. But when Bootylove is working right for us, we will work through our fears enjoying that phatty and taking it all in stride. And for those of us who were a "genuine flatty", we can settle our nerves by telling ourselves, the booty may get smaller....it could happen.....but it will never again be a "genuine flatty". So once you get that phatty, if one cheek has a dimple or the other cheek is a little bigger than the other, Bootylove will tell you, "don't major on the minors". I'm reminded of a woman who's back ran straight into her flat, wide butt, who wore padded underwear everyday for years, and then on one beautiful Tuesday summer morning, she woke up out of anesthesia with a BOOTY4REAL!!

The above piece is entitled-"Ode to Booty: A BBL love story"

Wishing everyone a very joyous Christmas and Happy New Year! My 6 month Big Booty Birthday will be on January 9th--I will update my review with new pics. Much love! B4R

Officially 6 months post op!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year!

6 month review

Hi :)) It would be remiss of me if I didn't write an updated review considering 6 months post op is such a momentous benchmark in our BBL recovery.

The most wonderful thing for me at the 6 month mark is being able to sit comforably without much soreness and without BootyShrinkageAnxiety. BBL vets and newbies who have done their research are well aware of the psychological/emotional impact from this surgery. At times you may find yourself experiencing anxiety as you observe the booty going through changes post operatively. That's when a positive support system can help in managing those bouts of anxiety that may kick up......supportive, "real" feedback can go a long way considering our minds can play tricks on us with post op BBL recovery. Pre-op/post op "selfies" can also help to fend off BootyShrinkageAnxiety....and all those "extra" attention/compliments doesn't hurt either lol! One of my fav reassuring things to do is to rest my hands at the top of my "bubble" and feel that oh so "bubbly shelf"....or look at my phatty as I lay on my stomach in the nude and see her keep the projection.....or see my booty's round silhouette as I get a glance of her shadow...or look at her imprint poking through an over-sized T-shirt or some simple pajamas....'cause in my flatty days, my butt would've looked/felt like a plate of flapjacks.....keeps my head in check! lol

I held on to most of the fat. Dr. Schulman has truly mastered the classic "bubble butt"/peachy heart shaped booty. He works with the natural contours of the body to build your booty to the best proportions possible for your particular body/skin type. More recently, I was very proud that Dr. Schulman received the BBL recognition he very much deserves, when I was chosen as one of Realself's "10 Most Talked About BBL's.....". It speaks to his outstanding skill set and the high-quality of his work.....for me, as one of his many patients, it was truly an honor. Thanks again to my sista ladies Back2me45 and Elli890 for bringing the "...Top 10..." to my attention or I likely would've never seen it lol! I am the same one who for months on end didn't notice/understand "RealFriend" until our girl BklynBeauty talk about it on her page lol

Skin sensations--very minimal numbness/tingling--concentrated in the lower back. A couple weeks ago, I experiened some intense tingling with soreness on the sides of my butt-it lasted for about 3 days and has now pretty much dissipated.

Work outs--As we see with our beautiful and oh so "sexy thick" sista, LolaJae, it is possible to work out HARD with both cardio and resistance training and maintain the fat ((her "Beloved" is SMOKING)). For myself at this point, I do a nice vigorous 4-4.5 walk on the treadmill with intermittant inclining and have now re-incorporated lower body work to my upper body strength training. Just an aside.....the attention this shape gets at the gym is RIDICULOUS.

That's it for now.....as always, much love :)))

6 month pics

Just re-organized some of the post op pics with timeline in each caption

Pics starting at 12 days post op through to 6 months

Height correction......

I remain a shorty (lol), but I am 5'3 not 5'2

How could I forget to include the leopard dress in the collage.....

8 months post op pic

Didn't post...I'll try again...8 month post op pic

8 month post op narrative

Amazing how the time flies! Although I have remained connected to the RS community by primarily supporting our ladies through their respective journeys, it truly can be a challenge to update my review. Many of us get to a point in our recovery where we are simply "Big Booty Happy Campers" and fully return to "normal life" with our transformed bodies. That being said, I realize it's important to update for at least a year if anything but to help ease concerns of losing the fat.

The Booty--she's big and bodacious with shapely hips and on point projection. The Schulman signature arch/back dip and the snatched waist makes my phatty appear even more pronounced. And considering my larger frame (big boobs/thighs/semi-broad shoulders/back), I carry my phatty very well.

Exercise/weight--I work out 2-3x a week consistently for about 2+ hours per workout session--both cardio and strength training. I have no desire/need to lose weight--just maintain.

Skin sensations--the numbness and tingling feelings in the back stopped (about a month ago).

Cloths--anything within reason that shows my shape (form-fitting)--lovin' it! The 8 month pic is an example of my dress casual attire.

Bra line/upper back-I do have some residual fat. Dr. Schulman advised that he would need to see if it's actually more fat or skin. If it is indeed fat, I might undergo some additional lipo to that area. I likely would not want the bra line excision as our RS sis, Bigbootytinywaist just underwent, but I won't rule it out either. Neither will I rule out adding more fat to MS PHAT BOOTY. If Dr. Schulman determines there is viable fat for transfer, there is no way I will allow those precious little fat cells to go down the drain.....Let the Bootylove flow......Peace.

Observation

It has come to me that I have observed a pattern--ladies who have high levels of anxiety combined with high (possibly unrealistic expectations) pre-op appear more at risk of deep dissatisfaction and emotional challenges post operatively.

So what to do.......

Take your time, don't rush into it, do lots of research, ask lots of questions, a solid support system goes a long way, as suggested by Back2Me45 take pre op pics and refer back to them as a reminder of where you started. Be mindful of expectations--the transformation is more about being the best YOU, not our wish pics--clear, open communication with our respective plastic surgeons is key in managing expectations.

9 + months post op....Oh how the time flies!

I am now over 9 months post and loving it! I spoke to Dr. Schulman's wonderful patient coordinator, Rachel to schedule a consult for additional lipo to my bra line area/upper back for next month. Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious Sunday morning!

Inquiring minds want to know :))

On Wednesday, I had my follow up consult with Dr. Schulman. The purpose of this visit was to determine if the residual fold in my bra area was more fat or skin.

Let me start out by saying it was so lovely seeing the ladies again (office support team: Rachel, Amanda and Amy)--they are simply wonderful. As the Surgical Coordinator, Rachel does a great job--she is always very responsive, informative and courteous. I was very appreciative of Amanda (Medical Esthetician and provides office support as well) helping me navigate through the City when I got lost....she was very kind and supportive. And to the delight of my tastebuds, Amy shared with me the most delicious black n white cookie....melted in my mouth.

It was rather surreal to see Dr. Schulman again. The appreciation and gratitude I feel towards him is unmeasurable. I stood in front of Dr. Schulman in my shear panties and bra completely comfortable and at ease....and happy to see him after all these months :) It was clear to him that the fold was mostly skin and explained that back skin tends to be very thick--so you think it's mostly fat. He determined that additional lipo to the area would produce about a 20% improvement and that would not be enough fat for additional fat grafting to the derrière. Speaking of the booty, Dr. Schulman was very impressed with the amount of fat that survived--he said, "....even in your hips......" He was also very impressed with the lipo results---my waist area/lower back is snatched indeed. Dr. Schulman clearly takes great pride in his work. We both agreed that it didn't make sense to move forward with a revision--the results would be welcomed, but likely minimal--so why go through post op recovery just for that. We discussed a bra line excision aka upper back lift. He didn't feel that was appropriate for me--it's not like I have ROLLS of skin. That being said, I asked Dr. Schulman to assess the viability for a breast reduction and mini tummy tuck. So here's the plan: breast reduction with abdominal liposuction and mini tuck with lipo to the upper back. The harvested lipo fat from my abdomen and upper back will be transferred to the booty. Although I'm good with my stomach--no stretch marks--good skin quality, but some looseness below the belly button--I don't desire a "flat as a board" stomach, but it would be nice to get rid of the softness under the belly button. He liked the positioning of my belly button-I should get a nice result with a quick recovery. I expressed concern about not being able to sit/sleep on my back after the breast reduction to protect the fat grafting. Dr. Schulman said that considering the extent of survival fat with my Round 1, for all intents and purposes, my booty has been conditioned to receive/retain fat--I would be able to sit/sleep on my back. No date set, but I plan to get back on the table within a year.

Ok-- now to the super fun stuff :) I had the absolute JOY of meeting the beautiful and fun-loving Msisiskali......how amazing is that, right?!!! She said it perfectly: we were like two school girls meeting a new friend the first day of school! And let me tell you, as you already see from her pics (but they do it no justice), her booty aka "Ms. Put that On a Leash" is POPPIN'', OK!!! Round and Projected! Shape will be BANGIN' for sure! It was so sweet of her to take the time out to meet me at Dr. Schulman's office--and ladies, you know we cut up, right?!!! lol Of course we had to check out our respective ASSETS. We were giggling and cheese-smiling like school girls! So when it was my turn to "show and tell", I gave a demonstration of what "Ms. Put that on a leash" has to look forward...I said, look at this and proceeded to make that booty snap, crackle and pop on command......Ahahahahahaha!!! Dr. Schulman stepped into the wait area for a quick minute and smiled when he saw us together. Then in perfect RS sisterly unison with hands on hips, we twisted our backsides to him as we smiled from ear2ear......I think we made Dr. Schulman blush lol!

Truly a memorable time and a classic Schulman Doll moment! Love you ladies and hope everyone is enjoying a great Memorial Day weekend!

One Year Post Op!

Here it is.....the point where we all hope to arrive with our respective booties well intact.....to know beyond a shadow of a doubt our derrières are here to stay! I turned in my Genuine Flatty Card with accompanying padded underwear and longline bras for killa curves adorned with tight dresses and undoubtedly a booty4real :)))))) I am forever grateful to my highly gifted and talented plastic surgeon, Dr. Matthew Schulman. His compassion and ease of relatability, his uncompromising attention to patient care and safety......I would do it again without a blink of an eye! My official Booty Birthday is July 9th......I went in on a Tuesday so today is meaningful to me as well.

Round 2......in full effect!

Here's how it all went down......Just shy of two weeks ago, I gave Dr. Schulman's office a call to get a sense of his availability. I came to the conclusion that I did not want a Winter surgery so if I didn't get it done by November, I'd wait until Spring. So I spoke to the wonderful Rachel (Dr. Schulman's Surgical Coordinator) and she informed me that there was one available slot in September for me and October was completely booked. When she revealed that it would be Monday, September 8th, I was a bit hesitant as I wasn't sure if I could get everything done in a timely fashion (get home-front situated, business, booking accommodations, etc. as well as pre-op physical, lab work.....). Suffice it to say, I pulled it off. I must emphasize that I would not have been able to make this happen without Rachel's outstanding support. There were several communications between Rachel and I over the past several days--in each exchange she was very responsive, timely and efficient.

Surgical game plan--Breast Reduction (long over due), Mini Tuck (Dr. Schulman's signature Smooth Tuck), and a bra line touch up. Any harvested fat will be transferred to my already bootiful derrière. To be clear, this surgery is not about a Round 2 bbl for me (not by a long shot), as I am overjoyed with my booty.....but as my girl Increaseme proclaimed, "we don't waste fat around here"! lol

I had a beautiful day in NYC.....weather was perfect for walking and exploring......ate a delicious meal (shrimp tacos, baked macaroni with lobster and an outstanding chocolate soufflé). As I walked around, I encountered several admirers who were rather vocal....and as usual, I took it all in stride.....Schulman curves tend to draw a lot of attention lol

Welp, it's time to catch some shut-eye :) I thank you all in advance for your well wishes. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I will touch base in the next couple days. See you on the smaller breast, flat stomach, bigger booty side! xoxoxoxo

Recuperating beautifully from a Breast Reduction, Mini Tuck, lipo to back and a little fat transfer

Hey Ladies :)))

Thank you so much for your warm well wishes! I am doing great! I have not needed any Percocet; Tylenol 1000 mg is working just fine for me. I have been in no pain--deep soreness and stiffness only--predominantly in my back from the lipo--very manageable. I am eating and drinking well. Very much enjoying quality time with my hubs--he's been wonderful :)

On the big day (Monday, 9/8), I was the first patient--I arrived at 7:15 a.m. and was in surgery from around 8 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. Dr. Schulman said every went great! I woke up from anesthesia a little after 3. I was never cold. I woke up to seeing J's sweet face (Dr. Schulman's surgical nurse)--I felt very comfortable and at ease. I am already IN LOVE with my boobs (Nelly Jelly you had me cracking up Ms. Lady!!) During the pre op mark up/convo, Dr. Schulman agreed that a full C would be right for me. I am required to keep the surgical bra on until my drains are removed (one in each breast). As Dr. Schulman examined my abdomen, he determined that I didn't have much fat left (mostly skin which I was more than willing to get rid of lol The loose skin was below my belly button). Regarding the fat transfer, I had 200cc per cheek (just fine by me....we already know my booty is da truth....look back at it! teehee!). My back is sore as all get out so whatever fat Dr. Schulman was able to remove he did the best job possible. I absolutely love the patient care and coordination. I had a question for Dr. Schulman en route home and he e-mailed me back within minutes (he is amazing!) Rachel (Surgical Coordinator) called me this morning (so sweet....she's the best!) as my husband and I ate breakfast out. I assured her I was taking it easy and doing very well. My husband has waited on me hand and foot.

I have my bottles of Adhesive Remover (Uni-Solve) thanks to Elli890 (miss her a whole bunch....hope she is well). The Uni-Solve has already helped with removing the tape from my IV--saturated a cotton ball and applied to edges--came off lickety split!

I am overjoyed that I did this--an amazing gift......forever grateful.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Comments (2,783)

Wow had so much fun reading this and gained so much information. My consult with Doc Schulman is today and I'm going to tell him I want your fatty. LOL. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I really hope I can do our gals the same justice as i share mine. This was a wonderful read. Congratulations on your successful BBL and body transformation. We all deserve to look our very best no matter how we decide to get there!
Sista!!! Look at you going in! So glad that your surgery went well and you're recovering nicely. I can't wait to see your updated pics. You know you're going to inspire me again :-). Luvs you (still) like cooked food. Xoxoxoxoxo
Hey Hunni :))) yes - doing great - recovery piece of cake. Waist now closing in on 28 inches (loving that) and boobs steadily healing -left still a bit swollen, but better each day- nipples grafted beautifully - very natural nipple positioning (not too high or low); boobs sitting just right (still big boobs thank God so just right for my frame). Much luv back at ya *big hug and kiss*
So good to hear. You fierce mamacita!!! I hope your husband isn't drooling all over the place. Lol. Really excited to see the even better you b/c you know you were the shyt already ;-)
I absolutely LOVE your blog! I really appreciate your intelligence. :-D God Bless
Thanks so much!!! :)) God bless
Congrats wow all that your ass body was banging before your going to give MF heart attacks!
Ahahahahaha. ..thanks babe!
Sis, now you know I can't wait to see your new pics!
Hope your recovering well.
Hey sissy:)) girlll, I had an amazing shopping spree today! Finally under a 30 inch waist (yayyy). Measuring 29....so the booty/hip waist ratio is SICK
Thanks sissy *_*
Look at that butt... Woa you are one foxy lady;) love, love,love I'm sure you and the hubby are loving it. How did you sit when you went back to work? I also have an office job and not sure how I will need to sit or might have to fake sitting when I don't have traffic coming through the office. Lol
Whaaaat!! How did I miss this 411. I just so happened to visit your page and boom! Round 2! Glad everything went well can't wait to see the bigger booty.
How bout that, eh???!!! Lol Loving it :))))) thanks hun
Hope all is going well with your recovery sis!
Couldn't be better, thanks sis *_*
Great to hear you're doing well, you had me worried.
I'm feeling myself something fierce lol!!
Umhhhh... Yeah I see you've been making moves on the low-low! This is your girl! *_^ (Shhhhh... So have I) I was looking for your tele # so I could send you a text, but to no avail. Last time we talked we got caught up in an extended convo! Lol!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see your pics. Glad to hear that your recovery is going well. It's been a LONG time, but I'm still here. Getting prepared for my bbl. Holla at me moni1ag@yahoo.com
How bout that lmbo!! Girlllll, bbl covert ops in full effect...ya heard! *_*
I LUV ya girl! ^_* You always know what time it is. Gotta have appreciation, and love for female intuition. So when did you decide that you had enough of the girls going down south, and to give them a one-way ticket to go up North (tehehehe)? KRS-1, said it best, "Real bad boys/girls move in silence", and that's exactly what you did. BOOM hunty you did that!
Right back at ya! Amen to that sis *_* You know how this PS journey goes....we want to see our vision complete. Ahahahaha--yes girlll, I had to get that one way ticket up north. KRS-1 (holla!!). BAMMM!
B4R hey girlie, I didn't even realize you were having sx until I just got your update. Hope all is well mama. Sounds like you are starting to feel better, hope all is well.... Muah!
Hey Sis! I'm doing greattttt. Girl, I don't do RS alerts so I tend to come up on stuff late myself lol You know I credit my booty sergeant in helping me hold on to the golden fat nuggets! Thanks for the love XXOO