My BBL story (this 1st entry is kind of long,...

My BBL story (this 1st entry is kind of long, sorry)

I'm 5'4" and weigh around 147lbs (when I started writing this on 9/12/13). Im 37 years old. Workout 6 days a week. Three of those days are full body strength training (push-ups/biceps & triceps curls/rowing machine/one leg squats with weight/walking lunges/adduction & abduction/abdominal roller). The other three days are running (cardio) 2-3 miles at about 9-10 minute mile pace.

I love to eat. Healthy food most of the time. Some fried or dairy laden food on occasion. Small to moderate portions. I drink water 95% of the time. The rest of the time is juice, tea or wine. And I do enjoy sweets, cake/cookies/ice cream. But cholesterol, thyroid, etc. are all good.

After a year and a half of my 6 day workout routine I saw a difference. My derrière became more defined and overall I slimmed down; I was around 160lbs when I started strength training. I basically went from a medium to small, more muscle and less fat. But I plateaued and could not come down anymore without (1) going to a vegetarian diet and (2) loosing any feminine softness I had left. I'm a woman and having a muscular fatless build is not my ideal. So 1 & 2 weren't going to happen. I know I'm an attractive woman but I didn't feel sexy when I looked at my body. I felt healthy & strong but not sexy. I felt like lipo sculpting and BBL would give me the sexy body I desired. Plus I did suffer the usual cruel comments of noassatall, you don't have a butt you have a behind or you're really pretty too bad you don't have a fatty. As well, having a full chest did not compliment my petite derrière.

My manicurist went to her homeland DR and got liposuction on her back/flank/abdomen & fat injections in her derriere. She came back looking pretty good for someone who didn't workout nor eat right for the several years that I've known her. I was inspired. I didn't want to go to DR. I wanted to be close to home just in case of emergency medical needs. I know it's cheaper in DR and many women have had great experiences but I need an American board certified plastic surgeon and US hospitals.

I started my research. How the procedure works, as much technical information about the removal, preparatory treatment of fat, re-injection techniques, before/after pictures, compression garments, etc. Then I went looking for candid doctor reviews. That's when I found realself and it was just what I needed.

I decided to see at least three doctors, I chose the doctors by the most qualitative reviews by patients and patient selfies. I gathered up like 30 questions so I could do my due diligence when I spoke to the doctors and my wish pictures.

I took some pre-op selfies. And set out to see each doc w/questions & wish pics. I want to get a heart shaped ass with plenty of projection, have my tummy flattened out from lipo, the backs of my arms showing the definition hiding under the fat, and back/flank fat significantly minimized.

9/11/13:
Met Dr Schulman. Came across as down to earth, confident in his work & realistic. After looking at my wish pics, he told me two things I couldn't achieve (a lot of lipo on the abdomen & still have good contour/wish pic where skin was really taught) and cautioned me against too much lipo on the inner thigh (b/c the skin is thin there & he was concerned about sagging). He basically wanted to know what shape I wanted & how big I wanted my derrière. He wouldn't get into cc's & inches after surgery because its unpredictable. Also told me I didn't have enough for a shelf and/or a really big derrière (good, didn't want one. Want scoop & crescent. Not a bullet butt). He also told me that if I gained 5-8lbs that wouldn't be bad. I had about 30 questions, mostly technical and he answered them all. When I was done he joked he needed a drink. And asked if he passed. (He did pass with flying colors). The staff was professional & the entire experience went smoothly. I forgot to remind the staff that I wanted to see pictures & compression garment when I was done with the dr. It would have been great if the assistant in the room during the consultation would have told the other assistant who goes over dates, pricing, etc to show me those things. Overall a very good 1st time experience.

After seeing Schulman I knew I wanted him to do my surgery. But in all fairness to myself (and to keep my mom happy) I knew I had to continue with the two additional consultations. Also, I wanted to let enough time pass to see results of some of Schulman's patients who were having surgery between October 2013 and January 2014. And I also needed to gain weight (go figure, I spend 21 months adjusting my eating habits & incorporating exercise into my life to have to undo a lot of that work). I also spoke to an acquaintance of mine who has the gift of sight & she told me to gain 10-15lbs if I wanted Schulman to really deliver the results I envisioned. So I removed cardio altogether and put potatoes/bread/baked Mac & cheese/all juices/gravy and boost plus (it's like ensure) on the menu and got rid of all nonfat foods. I was determined to gain the weight in a healthy manner. It's working (at the time of this post I'm weighing 150lbs - up 3lbs from consult w/Schulman)

10/11/13: consultation with Ayman Shanine's office (I saw shahine b/c a friend of a friend (whose cousins works for Shahine) recommended him and boasted that he did Kimbella's derrière. She appeared on love & hip and is Juelz Santana's baby mama. Her derrière looked pretty good from what I remembered so why not?)

I want to start off with a disclaimer....if there are any patients of Shahine reading this entry what follows is my opinion based on my experience. Nothing more & nothing less. Absolutely no offense is intended just speaking my truth.
I arrived about 30 mins early to Shahine's office. It was VERY crowded, not well ventilated and the "practitioner" (I use this word to differentiate him from a plastic surgeon which he is NOT and cosmetic surgeons are NOT board certified) had not arrived yet, which was fine. I filled out the standard paperwork. The office assistant (Nadia) was polite and courteous. She took my paperwork and let me know I would be seen shortly. As we waited (my mom came with me) I reviewed the "certifications" on the wall and noticed something quite peculiar. Amongst the many acknowledgements (from cosmetic not plastic surgery institutions) there was one that appeared in two different places on the wall. It literally had the same date and signatories. My mom and I both thought that was very irregular. I know I've NEVER seen that before in any medical providers office.
A short while after Nadia took my paperwork we were directed to an office where Nadia went over the procedure. Now in my head I'm thinking this woman has not demonstrated she is a nurse and she definitely isn't a doctor, so why on God's green earth is she talking to us?! But I listened for kicks & giggles. She asked to see the areas I wanted the fat removed from. I showed her my stomach, back, flanks & arms (but unlike my consult w/Schulman she did not touch the fatty areas to examine their suitableness). She told me I had plenty of fat (Schulman wanted me to gain 5 more pounds from where I was on 10/11/13 for a total of 8lbs) and she said I didn't have fat on the back of my arms (which Schulman said at first glance that I didn't when he touched my arms he changed that statement).
Then Nadia wrote out the pricing ($16k total). Thereafter she had us watch a video and review pictures. During the video a young woman is talking while Shahine is performing her BBL. Freaky!!! But what is going through my mind as this patient is explaining how being awake helps her help Shahine b/c she can turn & move so Shahine can sculpt the curves she wants is that she isn't a certified medical expert and why should I take her words as anything other than commentary. And I don't want commentary for a surgery of this magnitude and for 5 figures that I'd have to drop!!!! Then came the best picture of all, at least for me. Nadia shows me a picture of the fat extracted from a patient. The fat is laden with blood (and probably saline b/c that's what Shahine uses to help extract the fat - research on the government websites {nlm.nih.gov OR ncbi.nih.gov} for medicine & biotechnology discuss everything about fat grafting, from extraction to preparation to injection, etc) and using saline is a HUGE no-no to get the best fat for grafting. That was the kicker for me. As well the fat that is being reinjected should not be full of blood if it separated properly (the beauty of research on government and the American board of plastic surgery websites, amongst others). Nadia talked about how general anesthesia is bad/dangerous (my mom & I know that's BS - we know someone who underwent 12 hours of general anesthesia for mastectomy & reconstructive surgeries in one day - she was just fine during & afterwards). After the video and pictures Nadia reworked the numbers after we discussed paying in cash and got down to $14K and said I could probably negotiate further w/Shahine. These quotes are still more than Schulman yet there is no true surgical facility, there is another room where he does the procedure & no anesthesiologist to pay for, garment isn't included...hmmmm?!
I was able to speak with two patients. One who was all done - bless her heart, she looked like Betty Boop (tiny waist w/large breasts & derrière) and the other looked like much had not been done but let me qualify that with I never saw her before pictures & just went off of her description. No offense to either of them but I was not impressed. My mom had already returned to the waiting area and I joined her. As we waited another 30 mins (from my appt time of 6:30 to 7) we talked and observed. Seems some women were waiting to have a procedure done (I don't know any facility that schedules procedures so late in the day - this gave the whole thing a 1950's abortion chop shop feel to it from my perspective); we're listening to women reiterate this falsehood about general anesthesia being "bad and dangerous". As my mom quoted, they drank the kool-aid (meaning they just believed what they were told without doing research to qualify what they were told).
By this time it's apparent that Shahine isn't keen on punctuality (and only God knew when he'd arrive and how much longer I'd have to wait to see him), he does NOT ensure he does the consultation and the whole operation was more of an assembly line than medical office to receive qualitative service. Needless to say I was done. I didn't wait to see Shahine I left. I've added the link to the video for Shahine in action....

This now leaves me with my last consult. I'm scheduled to see Dr. Hughes in California next month (visiting family and thought I'd stop by to see what he has to say since he is close to LAX). Will be back to post after seeing him.

One last thing. I want to say a HUGE thank you to every woman on RS for sharing your experiences and pictures. For me you are God's angels delivering words of wisdom, caution and support. It's making my eyes misty at how generous everyone is on this site. You all have been an amazing source for me, thank you!!!! So I want to do some shout outs to Schulman patients (who have done their BBL) b/c you all inspired me: booty4real (thank you for guiding me to others), bbldollie, highhopes1, dede123, anuhio, eilson, jblnyc, tadabam. And to 86baby & lemi720 - I pray for your successful surgeries; looking forward to seeing you as the next Schulman masterpieces.

Very interesting journy. I wish you well on your quest. I chose to have my procedure in the evening after work because I did not want to take the day off . I found many people like me prefer to have their procedure after hours as well so that we dont have to lose additional full day of work. The procedure according to the doctor is minimally invasive, and under local anesthesia so its safe to do any time.. I am happy I had my procedure and did not have to loose a whole day of work. I believe my dr is the best because his technique is the safest and least invasive. Also i did a lot of research and found that he has the safest and best outcome any where. His pictures, results and the actual patients I saw were the best I have ever seen. I am so happy with this dr work and with my results and thats why I have posted my pictures and the actual video of my procedure.
I'm glad Shahine was able to meet your needs. Congratulations on loving your results. Thank you for the well wishes.
Good luck on ur search. Thank God for being able to access information quickly. I felt i was so much more informed when i went in for my consults

Board certification/licensed office based surgery/anesthesia (in the US)

I love information. Knowledge IS power. And a recent encounter inspired me to do more research on how valuable board certification and using a licensed operating facility are when receiving cosmetic plastic surgery. In my opinion, cosmetic plastic surgery is a speciality that requires a verified skill set & expertise subject to review & examination. The facilities used when performing surgery are just as critical as the surgeon him/herself - a licensed facility has demonstrated to the board of health that it is capable of not only treating patients but caring for a patient in case of complications in affiliation with a hospital as necessary. I wanted to share the resources I came across with women who are considering doing bbl, just as food for thought....

Definition of board certification from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
being a physician who has graduated from medical school, completed residency, trained under supervision in a specialty, and passed a qualifying exam given by a medical specialty board

Definition (or rather lack thereof) cosmetic surgeon from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Definition of plastic surgeon from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
a doctor who performs plastic surgery

Found it quite interesting that one of the most respected dictionaries did not have an entry for cosmetic surgeon so I felt compelled to share all the definitions to highlight this.

Despite the dictionary's lack of recognition there is a board for certification in cosmetic surgery. Here's the link

The above site, similar to the American Board of Plastic Surgery (link: https://www.abplsurg.org), allows patients to search for a doctor who has taken the time to earn the respective board certification in a speciality in order to demonstrate the requisites as described, for example, in the definition by Merriam-Webster dictionary for board certification.

Licensed surgical facilities (NY link: http://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/office-based_surgery/obs_faq.htm)
This NYS government site describes what surgical procedures require a licensed office and what surgical procedures don't as well as why. Being licensed ensures regulation by the NYS department of health.

Board certification for an anesthesiologist can be verified as well (link: http://www.theaba.org). Local anesthesia does not required board certification to administer hence a cosmetic surgeon (who has NOT taken the CS board certification exam) can offer this service.

The US national library of medicine article on general anesthesia, this link (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007410.htm) also has a sublink to conscious anesthesia aka local anesthesia. I appreciated how the risks for both are outlined. Demonstrating that ANY anesthesia can have complications with the severity dependent on administration, dosage, etc.

By no means does board certification and a licensed operating facility 100% ensure the very best doctor/service in the world. IMO it is a very good starting point since ALL anesthesia and surgical procedures involve risks and the possibility of complications. IMO the BBL procedure is worth the medically regulated route via a board certified plastic surgeon, licensed facility, etc. As patients I believe we are worth the extra steps on the doctor's part (getting certified in the cosmetic or plastic speciality, using a licensed facility, etc.) and our part (doing comprehensive research on the doctor's credentials/patient reviews for consistency and to seek out unbiased medical information on how the procedure works from libraries & the internet). Yes, patients should be able to implicitly trust their medical providers but we all know the world isn't that safe a place where every practitioner is impartial and candid as they provide counsel to their patients.

God's speed to us all in the decision to make a change that affects the rest of our lives. Wishing you all a happy, safe, successful BBL as you continue your journey!
And I LOVE your well researched posts! It's so awesome that you're making informed decisions about your health :)
Omg, I teared up a little reading your story and then seeing my name at the end. To be honest, I kind of stayed quiet for a while because I didn't think I could add anything to anyone's life anymore since my surgery was over... I'm so glad Booty led you to all of our Schulman RS pages. I trust him with my life!
Of course, I had to show love xoxo. So excited for and living vicariously through you ladies (for now LOL). Thank you for the words of support. I really appreciate it. I want, like most of us, the best doc and post op results. Will surely post about Hughes. After that it's booking time. Owwwww!!!

Finally posting pics (before & wish)

Hey Ladies. Just sharing some pics I compiled. Figured it's time to get on board. Lol
Hey babe, looks like you'll be giving the "potter" some nice "clay" to work with;)
Lol. You telling me. If I took a pic of me now you'd probably say I'm giving him too much. Ahahahaha. My chunky/less defined self is seeing Hughes next week, so I wanted to be at surgery weight or as close as possible. After him I might need to drop some of this. My clothes don't fit and I feel soooooo out of my element at 155lbs. Keep attempting to psyche myself and believe I'm preparing for an important role.... Where's my acting coach?! Lol.
Bwahaha @ "where's my acting coach?!" Girl, lol, tell it! I feel ya... I gained 6 lbs & on a 5'2 frame it really shows plus I am still holding onto the 8 gained from last yrs vacay! I'm done...look & feel like a busted can of biscuits while I'm wearing my clothes now ahaha! I know my hubb is like O_O, all **confused** why is she "letting herself go" like that?Kind of saddened sometimes because I know he likes me better skinny. Yuck but donated to a good cause soon! I'm about to call the bbl biscuit company to loan me a new can in a minute... You want me to order an extra one for you girlie?Just tell me your new measurments.Lmbo! If I wasn't weighing in, I'd be able to tell not only by clothes but how loud I make my floors creak at night when all's suppose to be quiet & I'm hearing, shhhhhh! Ok good & silly vent;) Humor helps. Good luck at your consult with Hughes hunny!

Consult w/Dr. Hughes in Cali

Hey ladies! Happy early gobble gobble first off and to all those shopping for "Black Friday" good luck with the crowds over the next few days. You're brave souls. Lol.

As promised, I wanted to post about my consult w/Dr. Hughes. I really liked his energy. He reminded me of Schulman. Down to earth, listens, candid, etc. He went over my basic information and he asked me what I was looking for. I told him arms, inner thigh, abdomen, back & flanks for liposculpting. And that I wanted the lateral depressions filled so the illusion of hips is more prominent. (I'm not hipless just hip-challenged IMO). And that I NEED PROJECTION. He did the "touch" test to see if the areas were suitable. And as usual my arms seem to be a "sticking point". Dr. H didn't think it was necessary but said it could be done. I guess I have more tricep muscle than fat - I tell ya it doesn't look that way to me. Lol. He said he could probably get about 1000cc into each cheek (same estimate as Dr. S). But what I found interesting and different is that he tells his patients that they should anticipate loosing 50% of what he puts in. YIKES!!!! He said that he over estimates so that if it's less loss the patient is pleasantly surprised (he explained that some patients have come to him post op displeased about the size, they had unrealistic expectations. I get that since booty greed is real). That would make me want to put 2000cc in each cheek. Lol. He did mention he's done that much but of course my chunks aren't enough for that. I told him that I gained weight for this surgery and he told me not to gain anymore. That made me feel better b/c I'm feeling like a freakin stuffed sausage in my clothes these days. I can't even zip up, let alone button, most of my work clothes. I'm hiding in dark colors hoping to hide the bulges. He also described how he goes in layers in the muscle & above/below to get the projection right. I asked him about platelet rich plasma and stem cell use in the fat. He replied that platelet rich doesn't have much scientific proof so he doesn't bother. And there isn't enough evidence for him to go gung-ho with the stem cell stimulation. He doesn't use drains, he just leaves the incision open since he creates 3 altogether if there is no lipo to arms & thighs (he uses the same incisions to remove and inject the fat). Nor does he support lymphatic massages as a result of the lack of scientific proof it actually helps. He said the most important component (because I asked about compression garments, ab boards, etc) was that the abdomens and lower back areas have sufficient compression since he does aggressive lipo there and does not want fluid build up (seroma). He agreed with using arnica post op. And said his patients could wear spankx as a stage 2 garment since after about 7-10 days he would be able to make a good assessment about the progress and efficiency of healing. That was useful. Plan to ask Dr. S if that is feasible for me too. So overall it was a really good consult. His office is running a special right now so the price for everything I wanted would be 11K. Kinda glad he's not in NYC or I'd be really torn between him & Dr. S. His staff was very professional & accommodating. So overall an excellent experience. I did do my background check on him and he is board certified with the American board of plastic surgery. No outstanding negative reports or complaints. I would highly recommend anyone who is on the west coast to at least do a consult with him. He's physically very big (which could be intimidating) but he's got this teddy bear kind of aura and I only got positive energy from him.

Hope this will be helpful to the community. As always ladies, very best wishes on your BBL journey.
Hey Msisiskali, thanks for your review. I know that the majority of RS reviews of of overseas doctors so I like to get variety to hear about girls who try different docs and consults. That's so awesome how fit you are at 37. I'm 42 and 136 and it's a struggle to squeeze in exercise with a 6 yr old and everything. I feel like I do eat decent though. It was also interesting to hear the whole 'gain weight vs don't gain weight' from docs too. Mine is.. don't gain. Also, drains vs no drains. Mine is no drains and massage vs something else. Mine recommends ultrasound afterwards. I'll be going in for sx on 12/13 but I'm interested to see what doc you select. Good luck with your decision and journey! Happy Thanksgiving.
Hey Ready4next42! I totally understand the challenge of working out and having a young child. It's a whole process WHEN I can get my sister out to the gym w/me. She has a 1 year old. Thank you for the well wishes. I truly hope you're thrilled with your results, you deserve an early Christmas celebration via your BBL :-). So appreciate you stopping by my page and showing love. Heading over to yours....

And the anxiety has begun

Hey there my BBL sistas! So as my title says ....anxiety has officially started. Actually started a couple of weeks ago but I was determined to keep my big girl panties on and remain strong. Yeah that's not really going down. So I hope you all don't mind me whining on RS b/c I feel like you all are the only ones who will truly understand.

Since august 2013 I've buried my head in research about this whole BBL process. I'm very analytical by nature. When I was seeing a therapist (nothing crazy, I just believe that my mind needs a check every so often, same way I get an annual visit to the dentist, gyn., etc) she said that I process things cognitively and I need to embrace my emotions. Well once again I didn't "feel" much about this surgery except that I wanted it. Now that there isn't much more research to do and I'm going to give my deposit to Dr. Schulman sometime this month my emotions set in.

Sometimes I'm really happy excited. Sometimes I'm scared shitless and want to cry. I started to process that once I give the deposit I'm committed and for me that means no turning back. I refuse to leave a deposit and then change my mind, that money isn't refundable. I'm getting scared about the looks/questions from the women of color in my office - I work in a firm where the minorities (everyone that is not Caucasian) make up about 15% of the entire workforce. My boss won't say anything even if he noticed. I decided that I would just tell my boss that I'm having an outpatient procedure relating to a female issue (that usually scares men off). But I do catch him checking me out from time to time and I really don't want him to notice the new derrière. I know, wishful thinking on my part. I have not told a single coworker and won't. I don't like people at work in my personal life - I don't want to hear their opinions. And moreover I don't give a shit about what they think. But still wishing that everyone just acts like nothing has changed.

I'm just all over the place emotionally now. When I had my breast reduction (almost 2 decades ago) I wasn't feeling as emotional as I am about this. A good friend of mine who is a psychologist, just not mine, says it's b/c this is elective whereas my reduction was medical. Makes sense but that isn't helping to soothe my erratic emotions.

So ladies if you have any words of wisdom to help me calm myself down I'm all ears. I really want to get my feelings under control. I'm picking a surgery date in early April 2014 (that's my bday month and this is a present to myself). And I need to calm down given I have like 4 months to go. I'm trying not be a nervous wreck but it's getting increasingly difficult.

So this nervous nelly is welcoming all positive feedback. Thanks in advance ;-)
Hey babe I got the caboost bubbles shape wear padded panties from amazon:) I wasn't about to walk into a store lol. So just an idea.
Thanks lovely. Since my BFF is going with me we're going to make an event of it. But if she bails I will surely be on Amazon getting it poppin. I swear you're like a BBL encyclopedia. Lol
You're welcome. Ahaha! I can imagine making it into a fun memorable adventure with the bff ;) An RS sis recommended that brand for me to try. And girl, lol I wish I had a built in encyclopedia file including the best stage 2 garment. I've been researching that like crazy & I'm still so undecided as to the best option, especially since I'm not average ht. I can't find a place that sells garments anywhere close to where I live. I'd like to try them out. Will probably visit Carolinda??? in Queens while I'm in NY.

#team Schulman - did the dang thang today!

Praise The Lord. Finally booked my date. I sucked up my anxiety and told my boss on the 19th. Of course I didn't tell him the procedure just that I was having surgery. The only thing he flinched at was the disclosure that I'd be out for three weeks consecutively. But he was ok with it overall, especially since I said I should be "ok" to work from home for the other two weeks if need be. Trying to avoid that like the plague.

Needless to say I owe Hearts218, Increaseme, 86baby and Elli890 a GIANORMOUS THANK YOU for talking me off my anxiety cliff and giving me such practical advice. Ladies, you were so right about me making it bigger in my noggin than it needed to be. And I felt so much lighter after telling him. Xoxoxoxo to y'all for the support!

It took me a while to get the money orders for today. I was scared to commit (my commitment issues even reach into things like this). I get scared I'll be disappointed so I avoid commitment. Lol. And I walked around the whole day with unassigned money orders tucked into my bra (since I was being fiscally irresponsible by not immediately filling them out I figured I'd keep them in the safest, most secure place I know LOL). But when it came time to write Dr S name I scribed with ease.

So I'm going to refine my list of items to purchase. I'll be scouring the pages of the Schulman BBL vets to ensure I don't miss a beat. And thank you again to Booty4Real (I hope she stops by my page to see this) for being my patient "0" and giving me the direction I needed around RS and being so candid about her experience w/Schulman because it would have been tough to find him on here with all the journeys relating to Salamas, Duran, etc on RS.

Needless to say I'm more excited than anxious right now. I know the time is going to wiz by and I'm praying to God that I'm ready to go when the time comes.

In case I don't make it back to RS before the new year......best wishes for everyone to have a happy, healthy and fatty booty new year!!!!! Xoxoxo
You've done great research! Thank you for all the info! I am scheduled one week after you! Have a blessed journey
What an awesome depiction of your journey so far! Great choice.... But of course I'm biased ;)
You're very welcome & congrats on your date sis! I'm so excited for you!!! {{Hugs}} Bootiliciousness awaits!

Stage 2 compression question

Hey ladies, wanted to get your feedback. For those who are post op and have gotten to or have completed the stage 2 compression garment through 6 months post op period..... were you ever told that boning in a garment/corset would leave permanent indentations in your abdominal area if you wore it prior to giving your body at least 6 months to heal?

I went to a faja store today and the sales lady put me in this corset with boning. It really curved my figure. So I asked about wearing it as my stage 2 garment and she told me that I couldn't do that b/c of the boning as it would dent my healing abdomen. I asked her what if I put lipo foam underneath and she was adamant that the corset was meant for after 6 months or wear it pre-op to prepare my midsection for lipo.

I didn't feel completely comfortable with what she told me and wanted to get input. Appreciate all feedback. Thanks!
Keep us posted ... Good luck
I sure will. And thanks for the well wishes!!
Gettin' closer and closer hunni :)) so excited for you!

Tumescent liposuction for BBL (future patients of Dr. Matthew Schulman)/ PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO GET TO THIS INFO!!

Recently there was concern about burns from having the BBL procedure with Dr. Matthew Schulman. A few of us are scared about using him as a result. While no medical procedure is 100% guaranteed safe/without issue - I thought it helpful to those who were alarmed like me to refresh our understanding of the tumescent liposuction procedure that Dr. Schulman uses to obtain fat (adipose tissue) for the BBL procedure as opposed to ultra sound assisted liposuction, etc. to obtain the adipose tissue. Below are links to well recognized medical resources about liposuction. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THOROUGHLY THROUGH THE INFORMATION IN THE LINKS!!!

Please note that friction burns are possible even with tumescent, from what I read in one of the links below. I would also like to add that Dr. Schulman has an outstanding track record overall (from what I've read on RS as well as his standing in the medical community). Even the best surgeons on this site have encountered unfavorable reviews and complications during procedures. I encourage every woman to educate herself, trust her intuition and make a comprehensive decision about moving forward with the BBL procedure no matter which doctor you may choose.

God blessings and speed to all my RS sisters who will take the BBL plunge in the future. And to all the RS sisters who have encountered unfavorable complications from this procedure my prayers go out to you. I would also ask that as you share your complications, please be very concise in your descriptions of lipo, friction, etc types of burns. It is crucial to those of us who have not gotten to the other side to have the most accurate descriptions and details of your experience/journey.

Much respect to all.

Your gonna look awesome when Schulman is done with you. In regards to the stage 2 garment I would say you should wait till you get to that point because you don't know what size your waist will be and your tummy is going to be sensitive to touch (Lipo) areas are. So you may not be able to withstand that boning on you anyway. Hope that helps Hun :)
Thank you so much for the words of confidence, they are so very much appreciated. And thanks for the advice on the waist cincher/stage 2. Can you tell I'm anxious. Lol.
Thanks for all the info! Wishing you the best!

I GOT MY MEDICAL CLEARANCE!!! Schulman doll incubating ????

I'm jumping for joy. Got my paperwork back from my PCP's office a little bit ago and I'm all cleared for surgery. I had to share b/c I'm bursting at the seams. God is so good!!!
You Schulman vets - I'm coming to join you. Lolololol
Yes girl!!!! I am sooooo stoked for u!!!!
=) =) thank you so much!! You're day to be stoked for your own Sx will be along soon, I'm sure. How are your doctor interviews coming along?
I'm actually on my way to see Dr S. I just knew he was going to be my doc until someone said she got burned. I know that everyone's outcome is different but I am just scared!! Then I see you and I am like dam girl!!' Lol

Dr. Schulman: final pre-op/update to "burn" concern/list of items for Sx

Had my final pre-op today w/Dr. Schulman. The last time I saw him was September 2013 and he remembered me. I thought that was cool b/c I know he sees a whole lot of people. He said he kinda didn't want me to be his last consult of the day after the grilling I gave him last time. But I promised him it'd be easier b/c I forgot to bring my list of questions (my boss had me so distracted I forgot to print them). We laughed about it.
So here's the deal (for my case): he confirmed I could get the derrière in my wish pics; he will do his best to snatch the waist but my back rolls won't completely disappear. I thought that was fair. (And I'll do all the waist training I can post op to contain/minimize the rolls.) He said to stay away from the waist cincher until I'm in my stage 2 garment. I asked about arm compression that would encompass my breast and he said no b/c as full as my breast are I'd run the risk of the sleeves not being tight enough; I'm good with that. He said he'd put me in arm compression that hooked in the back leaving the girls out (of course he was professional and didn't call them "girls" - that's my reference). I asked about cutting out the bottom of a lounge chair so I could sit and watch tv, he said no. He was concerned it would put too much pressure on the lateral part of the derrière and interfere with the fat properly taking. He did confirm I could use my kneeling chair but that I should expect to feel pressure/discomfort b/c the crease of my derrière/sciatic nerve will sit right at the edge of the seat cushion (not thrilled but I'll live I'm sure). He confirmed he will extract my abdominal fat from my inframammary crease (thank goodness, the incision will be hidden right under my breast). He also confirmed he would be able to extract fat from the posterior axillary fat pads (the crease area on your back where it meets your armpits) but not the anterior one (the crease where your breast meets the armpit); he said the anterior ones have more breast tissue and when he tried in the past it did not yield optimal results. He told me not to go overboard ordering stuff to wait and be patient to see what I need. I asked if I HAD to take arnica/Bromelain pills (I did some research and there is no conclusive studies that proves it definitely works to reduce bruising); he agreed with my research but said he prefers I do as it was better to err on the side of it better meeting my vitamin needs than straight pineapple juice; he said he wasn't sure I'd get enough of that vitamin just from pineapples and he was concerned with the amount of sugar I'd be consuming for the pineapple juice. I understood his logic and bought the pills he has in his office. He confirmed I could buy lipo foam and recommend getting the kind that did not have adhesive; also confirmed I could use ab/back board under stage 1 garment with the lipo foam. I also asked about bio oil - he said I could use it b/c my healing skin would be thirsty and need moisture; but in lieu of bio oil I could also use argan oil or any lotion that was gentle/unscented (he referenced something like aveeno baby lotion). I also asked about psyllium husk or castor oil to make a BM happen; he said no b/c it may cause me cramping and that would be worse than any constipation I would experience - he wrote me a prescription for colace and said I could use glycerin suppositories if necessary. I asked about lumpiness; he said it would more than likely be in the flank area and that as the swelling subsides I'll notice if I have them. He said I could just massage them with my hands. I asked about getting the lipo foam he puts on off at the first shower; he said his nurse discovered that dousing the lipo foam/skin area with dial liquid soap about 30 mins before shower time makes it easier to take off while showering (uh will definitely be laying out a plastic drop cloth and having mommy slather me in it). He said I didn't need to buy covers for my bed as there would not be excessive (or may he there wouldn't be any) drainage since he closes the incisions, what he said verbatim escapes me - sorry ladies. He confirmed that taking 3 weeks off should be sufficient for me to heal and be able to return to work without issue. He said I didn't have to walk every hour on the hour post op to avoid blood clots; that I could walk whenever I got up to urinate.
Now for the lipo burn issue: he was familiar with my question, confirming there was a recent spike in this question from his patients. He confirmed that lipo burns cannot be obtained from tumescent liposuction (same as the information in the links to the articles I posted). He did confirm that blisters are possible from a garment pinching/rubbing the already sensitive post op skin and/or having older skin (I didn't ask him to elaborate on the older skin part - it doesn't apply to me so it's not of concern to me).
So when I got home I got to the ordering the final items and here is my completed list (some things I got before - had to catch the sale prices where I could):
- nutribullet (to make my pineapple/kale/celery/cucumber drinks)
- non adhesive lipo foam
- abdominal (hexagonal) and back boards
- cotton seamless tanks
- bean bag (so I can mold the shape and lay on it to make myself comfortable; plus I'll be close to the floor so I can use all fours to get upright)
- massage table (I wanted to use this to keep my neck aligned while sleeping, I have herniated cervical discs)
- kneeling chair
- shirt dresses
- funnel (so I can stand while tinkling)
- contractor garbage bags (to line the tub when it's time to BM, derrière can hang off side of the tub while I go & mommy has easier clean up)
- argan, avocado, almond oil (plan to use these, as a mixture, instead of bio oil since I already keep them in my home)
- cetaphil antibacterial soap

Still need to purchase (when the time is right):
- additional stage 1 garment (so while one is being cleaned I can wear the other; may do the same thing for the arm compression garment)
- waist cincher
- stage 2 garment
- silicone scar spray (dr. Schulman says his office carries the kind surgeons use, so buying that AND it also has sunscreen so it can better protect the incisions for becoming darker if/when exposed to the sun's uv light)

I think that's about it. I'll probably be suffering from insomnia the night before surgery so I'll wait until then to post my pre op measurements.

Needless to say my list has excerpts from other patients list. So I want to offer a HUMUNGOUS thank you to all who have shared so freely and made my reconnaissance less taxing. You angels!!!
You are very detailed in your review!! I love it!!
Thank you Hun! Flattered that you loved it!
Girl dr Schuman needs to hire u or be concerned for his job!!!! You got it together honey!!

Woke up from my weirdest dream about having my BBL

Morning ladies. Thought I'd share my dream, it was crazy weird. With less than a week left my mind is compensating for my calm, collected exterior. Hope you all get a laugh same as I did once I was lucid enough to realize it was just a dream.....
So in my dream I wake up post my BBL in what I'd assume was a recovery house. I did not have a compression garment on and I was laying on my butt. Of course, I'm flipping my shit because this should not be. I'm yelling at the doctor (who wasn't my doctor, Matthew Schulman) that this is a mess, why don't I have a garment on, why do you have me here laying on my ass and where is Dr. Schulman.
Everyone (my mom, the doc who did my surgery and some other people) is trying to calm me down to no avail. I get up and look at my butt and start yelling some more that it looks like nothing was done; what is the shelf at the top of my butt and why does it drop off like the end of the great barrier reef (in Australia). The doctor starts explaining that Dr. Schulman could not do my surgery because he was busy; she had told Dr. S that he should have just rescheduled me but he insisted my surgery get done because I had to go to my prom (wtf?! prom was 2 decades ago). I'm walking around outside now in some type of parking lot looking for Dr. Schulman. I go back into the recovery house and ask the doctor who did my procedure, "how do I make my butt bigger because it's too small and this just won't do?" She tells me to do some kind of squatting exercise. I start yelling again that I can't exercise it's too soon. Then I started crying and went looking for the phone. I was trying to call Dr. S to schedule a round 2 for my BBL immediately, like same day. I get some other doctor on the phone that I do not know who offers to help me in lieu of Dr. Schulman. I start yelling at him that he cannot help and I want Dr. S. He tells me that Dr. S in the grocery store shopping. And I'm like wtf?! this is what Dr. S was doing that he could not do my BBL?! I hang up and look up and one of my ex boyfriends is standing there talking real calmly to me (he was always very calm on the outside) and he tells me that it's ok that I'm having trouble reaching Dr. Schulman and that I need to relax. I go sit down and then realize that I should not be sitting on my butt.
That's is when I woke up. My body was in this contorted position because I was trying not to put pressure on my butt since in my dream (which of course my body felt the situation was real) I should not be sitting. When my mind cleared up I just busted out laughing and called my mom to tell her about the dream. She was cracking up too.
Hope this gave you all a nice chuckle..... ;-)
Omg tomorrow is the big day!!! You are in my prayers!
Aaaaaah suki now!!!! Tic Toc 'bout to make that booty pop!!! Well, may be you'll start poppin' in about 2 months give or take a day! Lol I know everything is gonna go greattttt......prayers have already gone up....you will be on heart and in my thoughts, xoxoxoxo
......my heart.......

Less than 24 hours and I will be a Schulman (doll) masterpiece :-)

Yippie skippy!!!!!

It's about to go down. Hot damn!! Thank you ladies for all of your support, best wishes and prayers. I truly appreciate you all. I've been thanking God for all of the blessings that are surrounding me - my support system for this endeavor is immense.

I posted a few last pictures of me pre-op. I want to have a solid reminder of where I came from because that's it for this little laterally depressed behind of mine. Lol

I'll do my best to update/post pics after surgery once I'm lucid and not loopy from the Percocet (painkillers) Dr. S prescribed.

Btw - I'm not nervous at all. I'm tired as all heck - very busy day with work and last minute prep @ home to ensure my mom knows where everything is and what to do w/me & feed me tomorrow and over the next few days. I hope this "calm" stays tomorrow when I finally get to the operating room.

Ciao bellas! See you from the other side. Xoxoxoxo
So excited for u. I hope have Jay as u r nurse. What time is up surgery?
Owwwww!!! In 2 months I'm going to be practicing making her clap (have to find a name for her too. Lol) thank you for the prayers, every ounce of guidance and support you've given me and for just being the wonderful woman (and inspiration) you are. Xoxoxoxoxo. Like I told 86baby, I better love my results or I'm going to spank Dr. Schulman like I got a permission slip. LOLOLOL
Hey honey! Yes, the dream nightmares are made of. Ahahahahaha. With all that lovely ass I would expect you to be living life and RS taking a back seat ;-). Thank you for the well wishes and encouragement. I better have amazing results or I'm going to whip Schulman's behind. Lol. JK. XOXOXOXOXO

Pre-op measurements (forgot to add to the above review)

So dang on exhausted my mind isn't on target, forgot to add the pre-op measurements:

- 34" around my waist (1" above my belly button)
- 37" around my lower abdomen (1" below my belly button)
- 40.5" saddlebags
- 39.5" buttock/hip
- 33" inframammary crease, round my back
- 13.5" around the fullest part of my upper arms (right & left)
- weight: 157.5lbs

Liposuction will be performed on my entire back, abdomen, flanks and arms. I am not having my thighs liposuctioned.
Good luck. Wish you the best.
Welp, it's now 11:55 a.m. and I know that A$$, waist and arch is RIGHT!!! The master booty artist has completed his masterpiece!! xoxoxoxoxo
I'm so excited for you!!!!! I hope everything goes well!

God is awesome, made it thru

Will do better update in a couple of days my RS sistas. Wanted to let you know that I am alive and well. Love you all.
Praying for you hun, hope you are feeling well!
Happy healing
YAYYYYYYYYYY! Thank God! Luv ya!

2 day post op update #team Schulman

Hello my RS sisters,
Day 1 was hell. My ass hurt so much I cursed in the recovery room about having to lay on it. The ride home was short but felt long. I couldn't wait to get home and take some Percocet. I drank my pineapple, celery, cucumber, kale @ ginger drink. I walked around each time I went to urinate which was about every 1-2 hrs. I ate prunes, drank lots of water, and some ginger ale. To get off of the beanbag that I was sleeping on, I shimmied down and used my arms to get upright -- like kneeling in a pew at church. Then I got to one knee and used the closet doorknob and a chair to counter my weight to stand up. Jay, the nurse, suggested cutting a hole in the bottom of a plastic cup to aid in the urination process as I stood over the toilet. It worked like a charm. Slept ok when I did sleep. Got really stiff and sore going into day 2. Two Percocets every 6 hrs is a must for me so I can get around without feeling like shit. I placed lipo foam, that I bought, between the garment and my skin to relieve the pain from the top front part of my garment cutting into my skin which was very painful. I also used a piece of lipo foam in the crotch area to stop the garment from cutting into my skin there as well. I've also eaten chicken breast, fresh pineapple and bread. I have been taking my meds religiously--probiotics, multi vitamin, arnica, antibiotic, stool softener and Percocet.
FYI - my lipo numbers:
Lipo from abdomen: 2780 cc out
Lipo from back & arms: 2700 cc out
Total into butt: 2250 (1125 right side & 1125 left side)
I will respond to your individual posts when I can type on my own because my mother had to type this review for me.
Congrats!!! I know that you are following the absolute best recovery plan ever invented & that u will be moving around shortly! I can't wait to hear all the details!! You look amazzinggg.. That booootayyy yaasssss!!
your words were so righteous they posted twice, AMEN!!!
Lol! U make me laugh girl!!!! I'm so happy to hear you're well! And tell mom thanks for keeping us posted and u happy!!

Having a post op moment...

Hey Ladies/BBL Vets, need some words or wisdom/encouragement for this recovery journey. Woke up this morning (from another weird Percocet/hallucinogenic induced dream) stiff as a board, feeling like it's day 20 instead of day 4. Kinda of emotionally tired of not having my body functioning like I'm accustomed to it working; wishing I was further along than I am and a wee bit bummed. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful and grateful...but also just tired of the aches, pains, swollenness & soreness. Today is shower day, in a few hours, and hoping that will make me feel better. But I'm very much soliciting all advice to help put this journey back into perspective. I've been praying for my inner peace to wholly return again and waiting on the Lord patiently....
Help please my sistas......
Girl I know how u feel. I missed my 10 day post op appointment. I think u do switch at 3 weeks to stage 2
Morning hunni :)) Awww :( sorry your having a rough time of it right now--our pursuit for that transformation is indeed an arduous one, but soooo worth it! The good news is that your actually progressing well in your post op recovery--no fevers (good grief I had an awful time of it with those intermittent fevers for several days--but let me tell you, I felt like new money when they finally abated!!!) I hated the Percs--yuck, yuck feeling.....when you get to a point where you don't feel any pain and just stiffness, soreness and aches, I would suggest a transition to the Tylenol. Your in the thick of it now, but I promise you, you'll gradually start to feel better and by day 10-12 (may be a little sooner), you'll feel like NEW MONEY. And so cute about your mom making you lobster bisque yesterday--funny enough, I brought some lobster bisque over to my 92 year old grandmother yesterday lol Nothing in comparison to what your Mom's homemade lobster bisque-- I picked up Grandma's from the market, but they do a pretty good job with it. Post op recovery Reminder tidbit--remember to deep breath periodically. Each time you pee, drink water (I'm sure your doing this though.....). Thank your Mom for me for her lovely Hello :))) xoxoxoxoxoxo
.....Nothing in comparison to your Mom's homemade......

Schulman doll - 1st shower

Hey Ladies. Took the first shower today. The whole "event" took like 2 hours. My mom unlatched the garment and it felt so good to have that pressure relieved. then she slathered the dial antibacterial soap over my foam and the adhesive (over the steri-strips) to loosen them. I laid in the soap for like 45 minutes while my mom removed the adhesive. It was uncomfortable more so than painful. Got into the shower and it was like a little piece of heaven. LOL. I slowly inched the foam from my skin while I was in the shower. Got out, dried off & lotioned up. Then my mom put cornstarch all over me so we could easily get me back into the garment. Ha! Yeah, right. Getting that thing over this booty and up around my tender skin was no joke. The Lord had mercy because it wasn't excruciating although very uncomfortable and slightly pain. We (my mom and my bff were on duty for this event) were so preoccupied with getting me back in it before I swelled up too much that no pics were taken :-(. But I will say that when I walked past the mirror I could see my shelf and the curves where Dr. S filled the lateral depressions looks great. I do have slight rolls on my back (as Dr. S warned I would) but overall the shape (even being so swollen) looks great to me. I did notice that in the crease of my arms (on both sides) I do have small friction burns from the garment (posted the best pic I could take of it). I put lipo foam on those spots to protect my skin from the garment. All in all not bad. Feeling a bit better from my emotional moment this morning (thanks B4R for helping me refocus). Now I'm looking forward to that first BM. I've been gaseous so hopefully it's just a fart away at this point LOL. BTW - been eating more too. Added kale salad w/ pico de gallo and cheddar cheese, rice & beans and artic char to the menu. Appetite is coming back very nicely. That's it for now. Mucho besitos queridas!!
Day 4!! Your look great, I can't wait to have my new butt!! Even when you are in pain, you take the time to give us newbies advice and encouragement!! God bless you and keep you in the path to a speedy recovery. Just remember, this summer you will be rocking a new hot booty!!! yay !!
Thank you honey!!! I want to keep in step w/our other sisters who are selfless and regardless of the recovery process share candidly to help those of you considering and/or about to cross over. Appreciate the blessings, accept them humbly. Xoxoxo. Amen to looking to the future, summer fun with my fatty for real. Best wishes on your journey as well!!!
Girl i had those from the arm garment as well. I just took the darn thing off completely at day 5. It was actually cutting into my skin. Dr. Schulman told me to take it off and don't worry about putting it back on. He said it would just take the swelling a little longer to go down. I'm certainly okay with that. That first glimpse makes u giggle doesn't it.

Schulman doll's update (pics & another 1st)

Schulman doll's update (pics & another 1st)

Sorry ladies. Added the above pics prematurely. So here's the skinny. The pics of shower day are of the massage table my mom prepped so I could be slathered with the dial antibacterial soap, me actually slathered up (to get that foam & adhesive off) and one of my largest bruises from surgery (nothing Dr. S did wrong, just natural reaction of my body to the trauma of surgery in general). Also posted some pics of me semi-out of my garment so you could see my current results.
And the best part for me of all.....had that 1st BM this morning. I couldn't take it lingering at the door anymore so my mom got me suppositories. After taking one, I took my garment down (there was no way on God's green earth I was sliding the thing piece to the side as nurse Jay suggested) so I could push that sucka out. It took a little bit and I was begging God the whole time to help me out. Felt a lot of relief once it was done.
Overall feeling good. Mornings are still tough emotionally but it gets less taxing as the day progresses.
Hugs & kisses my BBL sistas!!
Yes, over a week post op and things will just get better. Hang in there sis!
Thanks for the encouragement sis! Things are getting much better :-)
Over a week post op.....NEW MONEY.......xoxoxoxo

Schulman doll's update (1st post op w/the doc, pics & other stuff)

Hello ladies!!

I had my 1st post op w/Schulman yesterday and wanted to provide an update.
- Visit w/the doc: he removed the remaining sutures. Told me that everything looked good. Instructed me to start massaging the "hard" areas on my arms, tummy & flanks with my fingers b/c this was scare tissue (I asked if 5 mins was enough per area & he said yes). Asked him about the bruising on my arms b/c I want it gone (yes, I know healing takes time but I don't always practice the virtue of patience LOL) by the time I return to work on April 28th, he said it should be gone or barely noticeable by then. He gave me clearance to start wearing stage 2 garment at my 3 week mark; I told him I didn't want the ones he is selling b/c of the thong & I don't want a thong in the tushy crack any longer than necessary (I find it uncomfortable). He said ok, so I showed him the Squeem slimvest #26J and he approved me wearing that {my new measurements: 31" waist/41" hips puts me in a medium garment =) =). Included a pic in this post too just in case ....}. Ordered the Squeem last night & I'm so excited. He said the shelf should go down a few days after switching garments (thank goodness b/c it's too pronounced for the office). He said I had some fluid on the/my right side of my tummy and that he was going to drain it. I asked him when. He said now. I looked at that man like he'd lost his mind. He saw my face and said the needle will only pinch. I reminded him how much I HATE needles and he looked at me like you'll be fine. Ugh....that sucka hurt going in!! Yes I'm a big baby, make no qualms about it. But he drained it out and overall a minor event. He said I could resume LIGHT arm workouts and walking on the treadmill @ 3 weeks but that I should mentally prepare myself for the swelling which will ensue thereafter. (I think I'm going to wait until my 5 or 6 week mark. I'm a big baby and I don't want the pangs of pain that come w/swelling these days). He said that I have to wear my stage 2 garment for "24 hours" for the first two weeks that I wear it (of course taking it off to bathe); after the two weeks I only have to wear it 12 hours a day. He commented that some patients feel more comfortable wearing a garment around the clock and if I wanted I could switch between 1st & 2nd stage over the course of an entire day, totally my choice. He said that I can put my compression sleeves back on - I was concerned they would interfere with the bruises on my arms subsiding quickly - he said the two are not correlated. He looked at the MINOR garment burns I had and said they look really good but that if the arm compression sleeves aggravated my skin again to remove the sleeves and it would only mean that the swelling in my arms subsides slower. (FYI: I called Dr. S on April 11th asking him if I could treat the garment burns w/Biafine, I already had some in my home. He said yes and that I could not over treat so to apply the emollient as often as I could and cover with gauze. Pics are included). He told me the numbness (in my arms, lower back, flanks & abdomen) I have should remain for the next 3-5 weeks and then switch to either itchy skin and/or burning/tingling sensations as the nerve endings heal. I have to see him again mid-May (approximately 1 month from this 1st post op visit). He told me if I have any fluid collection to come back sooner and he will drain it.

So sidebar. At the end he asks me if construction is going on outside his office. I told him not that I saw. He says ok and then indicated that the construction workers can get a bit expressive as patients (in their form fitting clothing, of course b/c we are so proud of our new hot bodies) come in/out his office for post op consults. I started cracking up. Just tickles me pink how little self control men can have.....like they've never seen a hot body before.

Other updates:
Sleeping - more consecutive hours a night. Up to about 4 hours straight before I wake up. Sometimes it can take me 1-3 hours to go back to sleep :-(
Eating - totally back to normal. I can eat about 75% of my normal plate of food.
Lavatory related stuff - BMs back to normal (1-2 times a day). Still have to push some to get it out at times. Today is my last day of colace (dr. S prescribed stool softener). Hopefully the BMs stay on target going forward. Still using the urination cup that nurse Jay recommended creating to aide w/going immediately post op. It's just easier than squatting over the toilet.
Getting around - walking more briskly. I can easily walk 2 miles without feeling fatigued. I walked up a hill (about 45 degree incline) a few nights ago and I felt that "exercise" in my left hip area. Felt like a tightness nothing painful. I was perfectly fine the next day. I went grocery shopping yesterday after my visit w/the good doc. A lady bumped my precious derrière with her bag and it was painful/uncomfortable. I wanted to beat the brakes off of her Grrrrrr! I have to remember to work around these inconsiderate NYers until I'm fully healed.
Stiffness/swelling - much less overall. In the morning when I first wake up or in the middle of the night when I awake from sleep are the "worst" times but NOTHING like what it was the 1st week after surgery. I started sleeping on my bed (on my stomach w/my arms stretched out on each side) about 5-6 days ago. The beanbag had served its purpose and wasn't ideal any longer for overnight sleep. But I still lay on it when I watch TV in the living room if I don't want to sit on my kneeling chair.
How I'm feeling emotionally - amazing, great, wonderful, etc. no more morning blues about pain or activity restriction.....b/c those issues aren't present anymore :-)
Moisturizing my skin - I use Aveeno unscented baby lotion mixed w/avocado oil (referenced in my list of items for post op). It's working quite well.

I've added some pictures with the descriptions too for reference. Played dress up (without my garment on) and I'm loving what I see. I thank The Lord everyday for His blessing, grace and mercy throughout this whole journey. He is amazing!!! And again I offer a huge thank you to all you RS ladies that came before me to share your wisdom, to all that have sent me such beautiful and kind well wishes and encouragement - this sisterhood is wondrous and I'm truly humbled by how much love, support, guidance, kindness and goodness I found here. Xoxoxoxoxoxox.
You look beautiful! You're healing so nicely... Just take it one moment at a time... Before u know it this whole experience will be so far in the past! How do u feel? Still sore or pretty much back to normal? I love that maxi dress you had in in the pick... Super sexy for summer.... Get it girl!

Correction to picture.

Sorry ladies, needed to cover up an oversight in this pic from my initial posting update.
Hi hunni :) just poppin' in. I know you must be getting better and better each day! Not sure when your going back to work, but I'm thinking it will be soon.........xoxoxoxo
Hey sis!! Xoxoxoxox. Love how thoughtful you are. I'm back to work on Monday the 28th. Not thrilled about work but happy to see my boss - ha! Go figure. But before that seeing Dr. S. (this Wednesday) I think I need some more fluid drained from the right side of my tummy again - hopefully this will be the last time. I despise needles. 2 question for ya - when did you feel completely normal, like skin wasn't sensitive to touch not numb, scar tissue all massaged out, walking around without any garment, etc? And did you resume working out before feeling 'normal'? Trying to get my head properly wrapped around these next stages of recovery. I'm sure no two people recover the same but would love your insight as a barometer. I've been eating gelato (the sweet tooth held me hostage LOL) and I want to time my return to the gym with more in depth insight to how my body will feel/react than Dr. S standard orders.
Monday....look at that! Too funny (boss lol they say absence makes the heart grow fonder right?! lol) As much as you hate needles, it would be nice to get a "leg up" on the fluid. Normal-welp, it's kinda like building blocks......you've jumped some major post op hurdles. Numbness--for me it slowly dissipated over a period of time, but got much better at 2 months. The first 3-4 solid months, I looked forward to getting back into my Stage 1 at night (took the numbness/tingly feelings away). Scar tissue massage (I did that for a few minutes daily--smoothed out at about 2-3 months. Walking around without a garment--Dr. Schulman gives us the green light to not wear the garment for 12 hours (I think that's at 3 weeks when we transition to the Stage 1).....I wore my stage 1 at night/weekends at home for at least 3 months. Gym--yup--I didn't want to be away from the gym for that long so I went back and very slowly walked on the treadmill and did a little arm work.

Schulman doll's update (started stage 2 garment/pics, etc)

Hey ladies. Just wanted to provide a quick update and share some information.

I went to see Dr. S today to get fluid drained from my belly (same location as previously noted in my posts). It wasn't as uncomfortable this time around; this time it filled a vial and about an eight. I asked Dr. S if this would be an "ongoing issue." He told me that there is a pocket under my skin that is collecting fluid but that he & I are "on top" of the situation so it should not be an issue. He let me know that as long as the fluid is drained (or absorbed naturally by my body, which he prefers not to wait to see if that happens) that it would not develop into seroma. He instructed me to use the lipofoam I purchased underneath my garment directly on top of the area (pocket where fluid had collected) to act as greater compression so the fluid could not pool there going forward.
I followed his instructions immediately.

I also discussed w/Dr. S my concerns about swelling/wearing a compression garment while working out. I was doing some online research and came across some interesting articles about working out while wearing a compression garment. In essence it is not recommended medically when doing weight training or intense cardio workouts b/c of the restrictions the garment places on the midsection. Essentially the communication was that breathing is restricted and form while performing certain exercises may be compromised b/c the garment is meant to correct posture. Dr. S didn't disagree with what I shared (usually he'll object or correct me if what I say is not accurate or not advisable to ensure optimal healing). I asked him if putting a waist cincher on right after my workouts would help reduce swelling (it will take me about 20-30 mins to get home from the gym and I didn't think it was in my best interest to be garment less for so long). He said it was fine but nothing can really stop the swelling b/c my body has to be retrained to deal with/manage the swelling from exercise and this could continue for up to 6 months post op.
So I decided that since that's the case, it makes no sense to wait to start getting back into the gym. So my second week back to work (unless things go really smooth week 1) I'll be back in the gym.

I also asked him to point out all the areas he felt scar tissue so I'd know exactly where to massage & he did. He also let me know that my recovery is going very well.

I asked if I could wear my stage 2 garment (pic attached) tonight when I went to sleep & he gave me the green light (I'm officially 3 weeks post op tomorrow).
I got the garment last weekend and it was too long. I have a short torso. So while I was trying it on I thought it was a good idea to pin it (like a tailor/seamstress would do) and then take it to Mr. Sew & Sew (that's the name my mom gave the tailor I use - I'm devoted to him. Once he hemmed my leather pants perfectly 2 years ago year I was sold on his skills). I gave it to him Monday and in an hour he was done.

I also got my Schulman's Angel undies today :-). But I have to wash them first before wearing, so I'll post a pic of them in the future. I asked Dr. S about my post op photo shoot b/c I want to wear my Schulman undies for it. Lol. He said that he waits until the 2 month mark so that there is an accurate representation of before & after. I respect his ethics.

I'm feeling really good. Running errands, riding the train and going shopping (wanted to get a couple of dresses for work). Still experiencing stiffness from swelling when I first wake up or don't move around for a long period of time. The area where the fluid was drained is a bit more tender than the spots where the scar tissue is. But other than that all is well.

Ttys ladies ;-)
Your results are great! I LOVE the bean bag idea and I Love the kneeling chair. I was looking for that thing just had NO idea what it was called going to try and order one now!
u look great
Doll you look absolutely FABULOUS! Rock Star* I know you can't fit any of your pre - op panties or jeans. Lol! Happy healing.

Schulman doll's update (1st day back to work)

Hey RS! Today was my first day back and wanted to share a few observations.....

Only got stiff after sitting for long periods of time and not moving. I used my "kneeling chair" (same as in the pics I posted) and it was fine for sitting. I'd get up periodically and either walk around or just stand and the stiffness would subside.

I did feel more swollen at the end of the day. I wore only my stage 2 garment (squeem vest). But when I got home I put lipo foam on, then wrapped an ace bandage around it and put my garment back on. I also put the compression sleeves back on my arms. Feels good to wrapped up.

So I'm sure it's just paranoia .....but I felt like my suit pants were squishing my derrière too much. Like it was too much pressure. Like I said I'm sure it's all in my head. So needless to say I was thrilled to set the derrière free when I got home ;-)

Ttys all.
What a wonderful post ! Thank you for such an informative and in depth view of your journey. I felt like you were speaking to me in English. Not rattling off a bunch of euphemisms and making me decode phrases. I am so happy for you. I hope you continue to heal without any set backs .
Thank you so much!! I do try to make it as informative and to the point as possible knowing there are so many reviews to read through. Healing is going very well and by God's grace may it continue ;-). Best wishes to you as well. Enjoy eating all that yummy/fattening food. Lol. I remember being there.....ah, the fun days. Now back to proper diet and soon to reinstate the exercise. Have to maintain what the good doctor did ;-).
Yay! 1st day back was a success.... But tell me... What kind of responses did u get from your coworkers? People had to notice your perfect bod?! :)

Schulman doll's update (delayed pressure urticaria[hives])

Hello BBLers. Wanted to share my condition just in case anyone else may in the future or currently finds oneself suffering.... you can put a name to it & research options.

So about a week ago I ramped up the compression (lipofoam then wrapped myself w/ace bandage under my stage 2 garment) factor so I could reduce the pocket under the skin on my tummy where fluid was collecting and potentially null the need for having to drain fluid. Well as a side effect I encountered Delayed Pressure Urticaria (aka DPU). This condition is my autoimmune system reacting to the increased pressure. It's like hives on blast. I've experienced hives all my life, usually when I'm emotionally upset (whether angry, sad or whatever. Just emotional & trying to contain myself so I do not act out). From the research I did I learned that having this hives issue period left me more susceptible to encountering DPU. It's very annoying. I want to scratch the crap out of it. Whereas with my 'normal hives' I just notice a few bumps and they don't itch. The DPU covers a much larger surface area and it popped up in a space that I don't even have compression (one patch is on my left above my thigh but below my pelvic bone. The other is at the top of my right thigh). Please note there are different triggers for DPU as well, not just the pressure component I am referencing in this post. There are treatment options but the majority (from what I researched) don't cure the issue and/or barely manage the "symptoms". So I've opted to ride it out. I've attached a picture for reference. Please note I did not see a dermatologist (as suggested in my readings) b/c it was apparent from the symptoms & my history that this is the only thing my skin could be experiencing. If it does not subside once I reduce the extra compression then I will see a dermatologist and update my review to correct my self diagnosis.

Ttys.
Hey lady, just was wondering how you where doing and read your post. I hope you are feeling better, I'm in my six week and I know that you should be going into your 8 week. Well I do know I was about a week or 2 behind you getting our BBL's done. Take care will be praying for you. Love you
Hey lovely!! I wish I were in my 8th week ;-). I was behind you, this Thursday makes week 5. I reduced the compression a small bit so the mega-hives went down some and the itching isn't nearly as bad. Thank you so much for checking on me & keeping me in prayer. Xoxoxoxo
Hi girlie just passn by to see how you're doing! Hope all is well..3 more weeks and we're out! Navk to the real World comfortably!! Lol

Schulman doll's update (returned to the gym @ 5 weeks post op)

Hey ladies. I returned to the gym today and it felt wonderfully amazing. At first my skin had the "normal" sensation to it when I'm out of my garment. Best way to describe it is like a contracting feeling of my skin and of inside my tummy, lower back & flanks. But as I kept working out it bothered me less and less. I started on the treadmill. Walked for 15 minutes ranging from 2.5-4.0 mph and incline as high as 5.0. Then got on this machine that seems to be a combination of an elliptical machine and stair climber. I was on there for 10 mins and I used settings 1-5. By then I had broken a sweat and it felt so good. I did drink water throughout to keep hydrated. I stretched, hamstrings, quadriceps, inner thigh, arms & back - not all at the same time though and spent about 5 mins doing so. Then I used light weights to do calf raises, work my biceps/triceps and my inner thighs. Physically and mentally it felt so good to be back in the gym. So that's the technical stuff. And now what "Put that on a leash" did (my guy BFF named her that tonight). Ahahahahaha.

I've been working out at the gym across the street from my job for a few years. So I know one of the managers (Kat), she & I have good rapport and a few of the trainers by face & only 1 by name. I'm on the treadmill and Kat comes over to me and says "my trainer (James) asked me, who is all that? I told him that's your new client. He says, I get to train all that." Ahahahaha, it's starting.
Today was my second real day letting "Put that on a leash" out in fitting clothes without cover. Tickled pink by the reactions she gets.

So hopefully I won't be too swollen. I did put my waist cincher on right after my workout. Fingers crossed.

Ttyl
You go girl! I can't wait until I can work out again. Looking fabulous.
Thank you luv. The time will be here for you to workout before you know it. It really flies by in retrospect
You look fab!! I'm glad to know that u were able to get to the gym after just 5 weeks! Amazing!!!! You BFF is tooo funny! But he picked a great name cuz that booty is gonna cause a lot of whip lash!!! Btw how is ur rash? I'm sure it's coming along cuz you def know what u are talking about :0)

Schulman doll's update (fluid drainage, sitting, wearing garment, etc)

Hey ladies. I saw Schulman today to get fluid drained from my tummy and hardly anything came out. So I believe that was my last draining. I want to say a special THANK YOU to Increaseme for giving me my compression 101 lesson. Her advice was so helpful in getting this pocket to close down. Luvs her!!!!!
So I am just putting one piece of lipofoam foam over the area minus the ace bandage. Dr. Schulman told me to be easy on the compression because I need to give the fluids in my body room to drain down from top to bottom. Which leads me to the chunk spots above my bra/right below my arm pits. I asked Dr. S if that area was fat, skin or muscle. He said it was all three. So I asked him how come he didn't liposuction the areas and he said he did. He went on to explain (as he had me raise my arms) that I have a lot of breast tissue which extends towards my back and that doing more lipo on that area would not produce the results I expect in my mind. As well he said that super compression is probably adding to that area being swollen (hence me needing to fall back on compressing so intensely). So now I'm looking forward to my DPU fully residing and the "chunk" spots easing up b/c I won't be OD'ing with the compression anymore. So no round 2 for me as of now. The Lord works in mysterious ways so He must have a plan I have yet to understand. I will be patient and let my body fully recover before I start the mental gymnastics again.
I told the doctor about how great the gym was and could I go again today. He flat out told me no. That I was feeling so great b/c my endorphins were pumping like when you get runners high (which I know quite well, would always get that when I ran over 4 miles straight - it was awesome. Lol). He said I could tomorrow and every other day for the next week, then take it from there. He was concerned about me getting more swelling, which he pointed out I have some. So I will follow his orders and take it easy.
He said I'm cleared to wear my garment for 12 hours a day through my week 8. Of course I can wear it more if I want but 12 hours is a must. I'm going to try to go without it for a few hours each day this weekend. But I swear I feel weird when it's not on. Like I'm naked or something. And I'm terrified of someone touching me. My skin is still tender/sensitive. And NYers tend to be very inconsiderate when walking around the city. Even the thought of someone bumping me makes me cringe.
Now for sitting. I'M INSERTING A HUGE DISCLAIMER HERE B/C I DONT WANT ANYONE TO HAPHAZARDLY FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS ON THIS ONE. I asked Dr. Schulman if there was any medical reason why I could not sit at 7 weeks. He said (in essence) that there is no medical reason but no one really knows the exact time it takes for the fat to develop it's own blood supply. He acknowledges that some doctors let patients sit at 2, 6, 7 weeks but he errs to a longer period of time. So I replied if you really don't want me to sit I won't and will follow your original directions to the letter. He thought for a moment and then said I could sit @ 7 weeks. Memorial Day weekend here comes "Put A Leash On It". Ahahahahahahaha. It is on like popcorn @ the 3D movie!!
He said everything else looked good & I'm healing well. I asked him to feel my scar tissue to make sure I was doing a good job massaging it out. He confirmed I was. He said my arms were doing really good and asked me if I had been using this handheld massager device I showed him during pre-op consult. I told him I was not and this was all my handy manual work. So that made me feel good that I'm on target w/the scar tissue. I asked about my shelf dropping. He said it might not drop anymore but the top of my butt is still firm so "let's see what happens". I told him that my hips were reverting back to their normal shape. (Of course I'm a very critical perfectionist when I review myself). I can see how my hips aren't as curvy as they first were out of surgery. He reminded me that he advised I not get used to that look b/c my body would change. (I miss those 44" hips a lot). So he took some more pics so when I come next time I can do a comparison. Please don't get me wrong ladies, I'm thrilled with what the doctor did. I just have to accept that genetics will take over and my natural flaws are much less pronounced now but that is what makes my booty look natural and not manufactured. Plus the men aren't complaining so why should I?!

That's it for now. Ttyl.
Glad everything is great, and u are looking good girlie
Thank you Hun! I had a thought about your squeem issue. If a larger size is long enough could you purchase that then take it to a tailor to have it taken in to fit you?
Looking great hun!!! I am mad I missed so much of your recovery but I just got caught up to speed :) Hope all is well!!! xoxo

Schulman doll's update (pics, exercise, burning & itching, etc)

Hello my RS sisters. Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to share a quick update and pics.

I will officially be 7 weeks this Thursday. I asked Dr. Schulman about jogging/running and he cleared me to do so. I did get him to confirm that I would feel some discomfort in my bum b/c of the jiggling/bouncing. I'm going to the gym tonight so will give it a go on the treadmill then. Other than that working out is going well. I'm doing my one-legged squats again with weights and all my other exercises with weights (hamstrings/quads/bi & triceps). But not heavy weights - I have not exceeded 30lbs. I had a lot of tautness in my abdominal/flank area. Dr. Schulman told me to do stretches for the area like in Pilates. I've been on the ball stretching for the past week and have loosened up a lot. Hope to be able to use my abdominal wheel to exercise before the month is done.

I have experienced burning and tingling in my back and abs. The first few days it happened were the worst. Woke up from my sleep the first night I did not wear my garment and my back felt like it was on fire, literally. I put my garment on so quick and it subsided. So I've come to realize that being compressed keeps these sensations minimized or at bay altogether for me. As a result I wear my small squeem vest during the day and sleep in my medium (with lipofoam) at night. I go garment less only a couple of hours in the morning and at night when I get home from work. Other than that I stay wrapped up. Still massaging my arms & tummy everyday (twice a day if it is a gym day). I can feel the hard spots diminishing. The right side of my tummy seems to be more swollen than my left and slightly more tender. But nothing over the top.

Posted some pics. The ones Dr. Schulman sent were right on time. I've been feeling like my tushy was getting smaller (even though she still measures 41"). Seeing his side by side was better for my mental gymnastics than seeing my own side by side. I see my original shape but realize it's been enhanced. And I couldn't ask for more than that from Dr. Schulman...at least not if I want to keep a natural look.
And I know she looks good. I see men sneaking peeks. While I was @ the gym this past Saturday I ran into an old flame. He commented that I was looking good as he stared right at my waist & hips. Of course I politely said thanks but in my head I was like "yassss, I know you want this again. Ahahahahahahah". Lmao!!

So I plan to start sitting/sleeping on my side this upcoming weekend. Plan to do it in doses and gradually increase. Mentally I'm terrified. But logically I know that the doc has cleared me to do it and he would not have if he thought I was not healing on course plus a lot of the research I did pre-op stated by now the fat has grafted. I've been praying to God not to let my tushy deflate. Having faith & fingers are crossed. I have a mani/pedi appointment this Friday so that's the big test day. I will have the tape measure around her once I get home ;-)

Have a blessed day all!!
Can't wait until I fill in some jeans like that!!!
Thank you darling. That's so flattering :-)
U are looking great in those close girlie

Schulman doll's update (jogging, sitting & those sensations)

Hey ladies. Just a quick one for the records.....

I've run twice on the treadmill since getting clearance. It feels very weird with the booty jiggling. At a few points I held her (under the bottom crease/top of my thigh) to stabilize her and reduce the discomfort. But it wasn't as bad the second day I went jogging. She tingles a bit once I'm about 5 mins in but that subsides pretty quick once I stop.

I sat as I exercised my latissimus dorsi muscle. It felt really weird. No pain just awkward and a bit tender. That didn't last long b/c booty anxiety kicked in. But when I got home she was up a quarter inch (had to be the one legged squats) and this morning she was back to her normal 41".

The burning sensation in my lower back has subsided and is less intense. The shooting pangs of pain in the belly have not returned. I'm still wearing my garments (stage 2 medium w/lipofoam while I sleep: stage 2 small during the day) most of the time.

Ms. Put that on a leash is still turning heads and illicit reactions from both sexes. I'm entertained by it currently. I take it as confirmation of monies well spent ;-)

Enjoy the holiday weekend dolls. Xoxoxox
You look hot tamales .Girl you on point....
Thanks Hun! Dr. S is very talented ;-)
Wow you go girl. I was cleared to hit the gym. I'm going to start Tuesday morning, I can't wait! I want to get back in the 150 ' s already. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Schulman doll's update (sitting & holding steady)

Ladies just wanted to share really quick that I started sitting - which started this past Thursday (7 weeks in w/doc's permission) and haven't lost any volume. Sat for my mani/pedi, sat in the car to the BBQ today, sat @ the BBQ, sitting while I do certain machines at the gym, etc. It's all good and the booty is holding at 41" (41.5-42 on workout days). I'm convinced the fat graft has taken and this is it. I will keep an eye on her through month 6 and measure periodically. Needless to say I'm very happy there has been no shrinkage ;-)
Hey hun :)) if you haven't seen it already, check out Dr. Schulman's new video on the bbl showing him doing the procedure
Hey sis. I surely have not. On his web page?
Go right to "videos" here at RS

Schulman doll's update (9.5 weeks)

Hi Ladies. Just wanted to update a bit.....

Posted some pics for reference. The booty is still holding steady. I've been sleeping on my back & sides. I sit like normal although it still feels a bit awkward/slightly tender at the top part of my tush when I lay on a hard surface. Resumed full workout regimen which includes strength training 3 days a week and jogging/running outside 2-3 days a week (averaging about 2.5 miles at a 10 minute mile pace). Now my tushy only tingles after I stop jogging whereas before it would tinkle during but nonetheless it is a very temporary feeling. The only portion of my workout regimen left to conquer are my abdominal exercises. Getting back onto my ab wheel has been tough. My stomach is sooo tight. But each time I do it I can get a bit closer to being almost prone. Still getting burning sensations and sharp pains on occasion in the areas that were liposuctioned. I just rub/massage the area for a few seconds and it subsides. Learning this trick to keep my repairing nerve endings from driving me bonkers has helped a lot. I can go without the stage 2 garment longer - before it was only thing I thought would minimize these healing sensations. I still wear my medium squeem vest w/foam at night to sleep though. I like the way the foam smooths me out.

So some other stuff..... I waxed the tummy & did a deep Brazilian yesterday for the first time since pre-op. Well, usually the deep Brazilian is the source of most discomfort/pain. It wasn't yesterday - my tummy strip was. The nerve endings let me know how much they did not appreciate being antagonized. For about 10-15 seconds after the strip was pulled my skin reacted. It was a combination of burning, stinging and deep throbbing pain. It was no joke. My aesthetician said she felt so bad b/c she's never seen me react like that. She could tell I was in some serious pain. But today everything is smooth and silky so it was worth it.
Been out dancing for the past two weekends. The men are bananas. One fool was recording my tushy dancing. My BFF snatched me away so fast when she realized. And just in general they comment on the size of my tushy and how good I look. I do get some vulgar offers too. But I laugh it off - since this is all still new for me I'm taking it in stride. As long as no one touches without permission I figure it's a free country and I have her out on display in public so it's par for the course.

I went to my dentist office the other day and the dental assistant noticed something was different. I had not told her, haven't known her for over a decade like the hygienist. I gave the hygienist an update and the assistant came over to be nosy. The assistant thought I had been doing squats (squats could never do this) but she didn't want to be rude & ask. So I acquiesced and gave up the info. Both were very complimentary and noted how it looked so natural. That another patient had done the same procedure, plus tummy tuck, out of the country and her results were really bad. Needless to say I gave them Dr. Schulman's contact info. The hygienist wants a tummy tuck (sent her to realself & to increasme's page to get a accurate idea of the process) and the assistant wants a BBL. I'm a walking billboard/promo campaign for Schulman. Lol

In the office I got caught in my gym clothes by another assistant in my department. She blurts out loudy "look at that ass, looks nice and big". I wanted to put a sock in her mouth. But it was my fault for not covering the tushy. She didn't ask me anything. But then a few days later she passes my desk and without provocation comments on the plumpness of my tushy, mind you I'm sitting at my desk working. My bosses door was open and I gave her this look to shut the heck up and I signaled by putting my finger over my mouth to indicate "shhhhhh". If she says something again I will be pulling her to the side for a chat on etiquette.

That's about it for now. I have another post op appt w/Schulman on the 18th. Will update then if there are some interesting developments.

Ciao bellas!
Girl the booty does draw attention..... I've noticed that... You're handling it so well! And I agree with 86baby, those white pants tho???? Hottttt.. I see why they pull out the cameras!!! I'm so happy for u
Looking great girl! Killin those white pants! :) I can't believe the drama at your dentists office...wth?! lmao. Nosey ass people smh lol
That booty ain't going no where....you look great....I'm going to have to do the same in the office.....hide it lol

Schulman doll's update (11 weeks/final post consultation)

Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to provide an update for my final post op BBL consult w/the good doc.

Of course he was his normal wonderful self. He took my final pictures, which I will post when received.
He said that the booty would NOT shrink anymore; told him that I hope not and he shouldn't make promises the booty won't keep. Lol. I explained to him that I dropped more weight (currently teetering btwn 151.5-153lbs) and I was NOT pleased that I lost a half inch. In MY opinion, as a result of the weight loss (I was 157-158lbs) the booty lost half an inch. Dr. S did his best to placate me and was gracious as ever about it. He asked me to stop measuring b/c I would drive myself crazy and even as the booty has gone down so did my waistline, so to remember it is all relative. And he is sooooo right. For the record it's around 40.5". But I needed to lose weight so my boobs would go down so I could fit into some older clothes. Now that I've accomplished that task I'm not going to lose anymore weight. I can't take this booty shrinkage - it sends my mental gymnastics into overdrive.
He said that probably 80% of my swelling has gone away and reminded me that now through my one year mark the liposuctioned areas are still healing so I still am not looking at my final results.
He confirmed my "shelf" softened but that since the booty was packed with fat tissue it is going to be firmer than I am used to. He said I should see "fluffing" around the 4 month mark. He also noted that the booty may not soften any further but to wait and see.
He said my incision scars are fairly flat and that they will get even better. I admitted to him that I stopped using the silicone gel about a month ago. Not that anything was wrong I just felt my body plateaued and wasn't gaining much by continuing to use it. I asked him for hydroquinone b/c the scars are darker than what I prefer. He gave me the prescription but said it may not make much difference in pigmentation but to "see what happens".
He told me to cutback on using the squeem or it will become a crutch; it is not doing much for me at this point and my body needs to get trained to get rid of the swelling. He said I could also switch to something lighter like Spanx. I let him know it feels better w/the squeem on - he told me that's it's pretty much just in my head. Lol. I think I'm going to just be a big girl and stop wearing the squeem during the day & just sleep in it for the next few weeks then attempt to give it up altogether.
We also discussed the unevenness in my tummy (reminder: I had fluid drained). He said that the right side is more swollen than the left; that it was more than likely due to the fluid pocket that was there; that additional massage would not do anything to alleviate the swelling and to be patient through the one year mark as the lipo areas complete their healing.

So in a nutshell I feel great! People who know me say I seem happier than ever....I am!!! I'm told how natural my booty looks and how well it fits my body. One of my male BFFs specifically noted that my 5/6 week booty size looked like I was part of the adult entertainment industry (he was more explicit in his description though LOL). So although I miss the volume from my first few weeks post op I understand that what I have now looks terrific and seeing the pictures today on Dr. S camera vs. my pre-op, it is abundantly clear that I am much better off and no where near the laterally depressed behind I had before. Also, hopefully without being to graphic - I learned that I really do have a "fat ass". I heard things that were never iterated before when I assumed a "certain" position. The excitement in the eyes and octave of the voice of the gent (of course he knew me prior to surgery) when he realized that I had undergone a BBL took me aback; he was like a kid in willy wonkas chocolate factory. And even days later he was making reference to my new asset; he was certain to note that my old booty was nice but this new one is better. He even said he wanted to thank Dr. S. Lolololol.

With that said, I'll be back to post the final pics from Dr. S and thereafter probably at 6 and then 12 month marks. I am available via PM to answer questions and be a resource if needed.
For those healing/post op...hanging in there. It gets better everyday and you'll love you're new self once you're over the initial hump and the pangs of pain have diminished. For those looking at doctors and thinking about this procedure, please do a lot of your OWN research to understand how the surgery is done, if your doctor is board certified in plastic surgery/uses a state certified operating facility/board certified anesthesiologist - all in good standing in the medical community, check out patient reviews and most importantly don't skimp financially - your safety and healthy are priceless. Good luck and best wishes to all!!!
Lastly, thank you all for being so supportive, helpful, candid and just downright good people to me through my journey. I appreciate and feel blessed to have experienced the sisterhood on this site. Xoxoxoxo
Girl I was looking fa ya sexy ass......damnit....I made a mistake and deleted my emails so I could find you after that...now I have to store ur name this time...
Thanks for sharing your journey, you look GOOD in those shorts! Did you fluffed?
Glad to hear you sre happy & doing great..You look fabulous xoxo

Schulman doll's update (17 wks: IMPORTANT NOTICE ON DR AYMAN SHAHINE/my final pics from Schulman & other stuff)

Hello my RS sistas! First off I wanted to share the news report on Ayman Shahine from PIX 11 news. Here is the link to the full report on this very dangerous cosmetic surgeon:
Please take moment to read the article even if you are not thinking about being his patient. It sheds light on surgeons like him and why it is so very important to have a board certified plastic surgeon who is operating out of an accredited medical office to do plastic surgery procedures and some very basic/general questions to ask. In our quest to be more physically attractive we cannot lose sight of our health and safety. Plastic surgery is not worth your life!!

On a lighter note..... I just wanted to post a short update on my progress. All is well. The booty is holding steady and I think I fluffed. It seems like the very firm shelf I had has softened some. And the booty looks a bit different in clothes. I'm one for measuring and have not lost any inches since my last report (still holding @ 40.5"). I still experiencing stiffness and tingling in my abdomen/lower back/flanks when I wake up in the morning or when I don't sit up straight for a extended period of time. The right side of my tummy (where the fluid was drained) is still puffier than the rest of my tummy. I did address this w/Schulman and he advised that I should be patient through my 10th month as my body continues to heal from the large volume liposuction. I figured he would say that but I just wanted to double check to make certain. Still going strong with my workouts....running 5 miles three times a week along with strength training.

Loving my curves. I had to take in so many clothes but it is so worth it. Still getting catcalls in the streets. Women in the gym have been very nice for the most part, complementing my body. I finally got over my booty greed. Lol. I got a firm talking to from a male suitor and he informed me that I should not go bigger because the booty will look fake. And I trust him, he's a booty lover. Lol

Posted my final post op pics from Schulman along with a few others. The one in the green dress is the pic where I realized that my booty seriously pokes out. It never looked like that from that angle before. Lol.

Catch up with you lovely ladies in a few months. Xoxoxo
Wait did u say shahine do surgery without anestia
I think she said he used general anesthesia allowing the patient to stay awake during the surgery. Most doctors put you under for this kind of surgery.
Its crazy my biggest Is anesthia so maybe me going to him should be a option lol seriously this is my biggest fear its bad

Schulman doll's update (25 wks/6 mons: pics)

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to share some pics since I'm at my 6 month mark this week. Everything is going great. Still working out like I was pre-op. The tingling sensation is almost gone where lipo was performed. The swelling around the area where Dr. S had to drain fluid has started to go down; the top part of the area is where I noticed the most progress. Still getting very colorful reactions to the derrière. It jiggles when I run - which tickles me pink. And I've had to get some of my pants resized for a second time to accommodate the shrinking waistline. I do still measure my tushy from time to time. It is holding steady, only varying when I got up/down by 5 or more pounds - it's like 1/4-1/3" at most. Not much else to report. But if anyone has questions that aren't covered in my earlier posts please feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you. Xoxoxoxo
What an amazing change - so nice booooty. Thanks for sharing - helped me a lot girl! :-) :) :)
Thank you very much!! Glad I could help. A significant change in my curves that I love and am thankful for :-)
Heyyy hun you look fantastic!! Thanks for the update! :)
New York Plastic Surgeon

I believe that Matthew Schulman is a talented and caring plastic surgeon. In my opinion he has earned every award and recognition posted in his office and iterated by his many patients on this website. Every encounter I've had with him has been wonderful. He listened to my wishes, clearly explained what was achievable and why as well as the converse then delivered. The staff in his office as well as the operating facility are excellent as well. I would highly recommend having a consultation with the good doctor so you can experience for yourself. Every penny I spent for this procedure with him was well worth it.