Ankle Tattoo Removal

I started tattoo removal on 1/31/13 in attempt to...

I started tattoo removal on 1/31/13 in attempt to erase an impulsive decision I made 15 years ago. I never really thought about what I wanted to I ended up with a red scorpion that everyone thinks is a lobster. I hate it and have wanted it gone for about 14.5 years!

My first treatment was fine, no blisters or redness and I noticed very a teeny change. This last treatment was very different. I had immediate blood blisters and itching that drove me crazy! One night I scratched so hard that I now think I'm going to have a keloid scar. Let me know what you think and how your removals at going. My next treatment is at the end of April but I may push it off if I think I have more healing to do.

It's been about 3.5 weeks since my second...

It's been about 3.5 weeks since my second treatment and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna scar. Stupid itch!! Any tips for trying to limit scarring?? I wonder, if the next treatment causes a blister, would the scar return once the blistered skin is gone? I'm getting my removal done at a dermatologist so I'm hopeful that if there is noticeable scarring, they can help. I also think going to wait till 8 weeks post for my third treatment and not 6. The skin is actually still red and healing in some areas. The good news is I notice HUGE fading!! So that's something positive!

Today was the third session and although I put the...

Today was the third session and although I put the numbing cream on an hour and a half beforehand, it still hurt like a bitch!!

He treated the black first and there was very little skin change, I wondered if it was working. Then we finally treated the red for the first time and whoa... it immediately got that ash-like appearance. It's throbbing a lot now, just 3 hours later.

I didn't scar from my last session as I feared and he said I'm having amazing results. Next time we are going to turn the laser all the way up. Nervous but so excited!!

I took a video today to show some of the folks who are still in the consultation phase what it looks like. As you can see, the black wavelength had minimal change and the red wavelength set off a light show! The pic is from Monday so about 6.5 weeks post treatment.

Can't believe I'm on the third session already!

3 weeks post 3rd treatment

So I'm about three weeks after my third session and I definitely don't have the crazy itch I did after the second one. After a week the blood blister sort of disintegrated after a shower and left shiny red skin. Every day it looks better and I'm excited for my 4th treatment which will be around June 12th or 19th.

4 treatments, 8.5 months later...

I haven't updated in a while. Been in the whole cycle of treatment, healing, treatment, healing. When I look at my before picture I can see how far I've come but when I look at my ankle I still feel so far from having nothing there. I've been waiting longer between treatments and I think that has helped a lot with healing. My doc is very happy with how it's progressing. I dunno, I guess I just wish it was over already. I'm glad cooler weather is coming so I don't have to explain the bandages. On a positive note, I feel less embarrassed by my tattoo overall. I guess since its faded so much, it's not as noticeable.

Anyone find that healing speeds up over time? Not sure if the laser wasn't turned up enough last time but the skin was completely healed after two weeks when the first two treatments took at least 6 weeks to heal.