Lower Face and Neck Lift, and Upper Blephoplasty - New York, NY

Today I am one week postop. I am a 55 year old...

Today I am one week postop. I am a 55 year old female who has always looked youthful. My neck was beginning to show it's age as well as very slight jowls. My upper eyelids had slight hooding. I have been contemplating this procedure and decided to have it done. My jawline definitely looks great, and my eyes still have steri strips so cannot get the total picture yet. I am severly bruised on sides of face and my neck looks like I am victim of strangulation.
When I awoke from surgery it felt as though my lower jaw had been pushed back into my throat. I stayed across the street Manhattan Eye and Ear the first night with a private nurse. I have had moments of breaking down because I cannot believe what I did. My doctor is very good and has a great reputation. My biggest complaint is the fact that I cannot talk properly because of the tightness in my throat. If I don't put a big effort into talking, I sound like I have a lisp.
I am disappointed in reading the amount of time that it takes to recover and feel normal again. I am such an active person and am hoping my down time will not take months.
With these complaints being said, I can see that I will look better which is a good thing but can anyone give me encouragement who has had this terrible tightness after procedure.
Seriously my neck took months to make the redness go away and right now I am tired and it is tight and it has been since 5/14/13. But when I look in the mirror all my jowls are gone and I look great ( I think) so I put up with it. As my pt said you asked for a neck lift ( so what do you expect) half kidding. But then I went for p therapy and that really helped .hang in there it is a huge surgery and so visible and we want it to be perfect. Hang in there it takes up to a yr to resolve my ps says.
I just read through your comments and it sounds like you're on the mend! So glad you're feeling better. We'd love to see your photos!
I will post tormorrow. Thanks

lower facelift and neck lift

I just wanted to say that it is very important to keep suture line clean and moist while sutures are in place. I am a nurse and always stressed the importance of this after excisions and mohs surgeries. It definitely helps in minimizing scars! I have seen some postop photos and the suture lines are very crusty. Do not be afraid to clean as directed by your physician.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am very pleased with this doctor. He has great bedside manner and is a perfectionist. My daughter had deviated septum and he performed her surgery the week before mine. Results are natural and beautiful.