Lower Face and Neck Lift, and Upper Blephoplasty - New York, NY

Today I am one week postop. I am a 55 year old...

Today I am one week postop. I am a 55 year old female who has always looked youthful. My neck was beginning to show it's age as well as very slight jowls. My upper eyelids had slight hooding. I have been contemplating this procedure and decided to have it done. My jawline definitely looks great, and my eyes still have steri strips so cannot get the total picture yet. I am severly bruised on sides of face and my neck looks like I am victim of strangulation.
When I awoke from surgery it felt as though my lower jaw had been pushed back into my throat. I stayed across the street Manhattan Eye and Ear the first night with a private nurse. I have had moments of breaking down because I cannot believe what I did. My doctor is very good and has a great reputation. My biggest complaint is the fact that I cannot talk properly because of the tightness in my throat. If I don't put a big effort into talking, I sound like I have a lisp.
I am disappointed in reading the amount of time that it takes to recover and feel normal again. I am such an active person and am hoping my down time will not take months.
With these complaints being said, I can see that I will look better which is a good thing but can anyone give me encouragement who has had this terrible tightness after procedure.

Seriously my neck took months to make the redness go away and right now I am tired and it is tight and it has been since 5/14/13. But when I look in the mirror all my jowls are gone and I look great ( I think) so I put up with it. As my pt said you asked for a neck lift ( so what do you expect) half kidding. But then I went for p therapy and that really helped .hang in there it is a huge surgery and so visible and we want it to be perfect. Hang in there it takes up to a yr to resolve my ps says.
I just read through your comments and it sounds like you're on the mend! So glad you're feeling better. We'd love to see your photos!
I will post tormorrow. Thanks

lower facelift and neck lift

I just wanted to say that it is very important to keep suture line clean and moist while sutures are in place. I am a nurse and always stressed the importance of this after excisions and mohs surgeries. It definitely helps in minimizing scars! I have seen some postop photos and the suture lines are very crusty. Do not be afraid to clean as directed by your physician.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am very pleased with this doctor. He has great bedside manner and is a perfectionist. My daughter had deviated septum and he performed her surgery the week before mine. Results are natural and beautiful.