Mini Tummy Tuck with Lipo Done on 2/25/2013 - New York, NY

Hello! I am a 46 year old woman with a 14 yo...

Hello! I am a 46 year old woman with a 14 yo daughter. After many years of hiding my stomach with shame I decided to take the plunge and get a mini tt!! I got so sick of always sucking in my gut and whenever I sat down I always made sure I had either my jacket still on or hid my stomach behind my purse or something.

On the day of surgery I was VERY nervous and went to the bathroom at least 5 times!! (I wish going to the bathroom was my problem now but I'll discuss that later) My doctor and nurses were EXCELLENT. Very caring and understanding. My surgery lasted 3 hours. I was awake during the surgery - I just laid there and drifted off to sleep at times or just listened to the doctor and nurses talk - and I would join in their conversations at times too. After surgery I was very tired and slept the drive home (45 min away) I took my pain medication as directed and actually the pain wasn't that bad the first week. Had my drain pulled on Friday, 3/1 and that was nothing.

Sunday, 3/3 was when all hell broke loose. I had not had a bm since the day of surgery so I was miserable. One thing I wish the doctor had warned me about. Ended up taking 3 pills of Duroclet (?) on Saturday night and when I woke up on Sunday I felt like the guy in the movie Dumb and Dumber. All day I was miserable. I was freaking out too cuz I had to return to work the next day. I finally made it through Sunday and Monday arrived and I went to work. I really don't know how I made it through the day but I did. Something I really wish the doctor and other people would let patients know is the EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER you go on. Deep down inside I was happy I went through with the surgery but the recovery time sucks.

I absolutely DESPISE the compression garment. The doctor's office gave me one when I went to get drain out. It ended up being way too tight. In fact I think that is one of the reasons I was so sick on Sunday. I ended up changing into the Spanx I already had. I have been wearing the Spanx all week but I still hate it. I know I have to be patient and that I am just beginning the recovery time but part of me was/is so unhappy that I had the surgery because I just want to be back to "normal". I'm still not regular and have to take Duroclet (but only one pill not three)

The numbness is driving me cray cray. The doctor told me that I would have numbness but I thought it would be just in the incision area not my whole stomach. Does that actually go away in time? The end of the this week I started feeling real tightness around the incision area. I am constantly looking for fluid under the skin and I have my husband check too. Don't get me wrong I do not wish my rolls back but in a way wish it was 6 months down the road (most people say you feel back to yourself in 6 months).

Since it's only been 12 days since my surgery I can say that I am happy with the results but want the numbness to go away and to ditch this stupid compression garment. I go back for a follow up appt on 3/22. I will let you all know how I make out.

I know I have to be patient and that each week will get better : )

A friend

Hey, any information on the doctor?
BocaBound- YES definitely get a stool softener!! Drink a ton of water and be kind and be patient with yourself. I have to remind myself it takes time to heal!!! Good luck!! Kimmers25- thank you and I am really trying to be patient but I am the type that when I'm sick I still go go go (as I'm sure many women out there are) I have never had surgery before and I have to remember that it takes time!! Did you have a full tt or mini? I'm not sure that would make a diff with the numbness/swelling. How long is a long time for it to end? I'm with you that I am loving the flat tummy but this numbness is nuts. Maybe I'll be like you and get use to it?

Welcome to the community.  Oh everything you are experiencing is all a part of this crazy process.  I am not sure I could have been awake for this procedure.  I am kinda chicken poop when it comes to that.  I want to be knocked out into next week before they do anything to me!

The constipation is the worst ever with the pain meds.  I was in agony and had to take MOM to get and keep me going.  It hurt so bad...

The swelling and numbness take a long time to end.  I also wanted to be back up and running in a week..what an idiot I was for even thinking that.  My numbness improved but I have to tell you I am still numb in the center of my tummy.  I got use to the feeling and all is good.  I would rather have a numb tummy than a muffin top.  Give and take with this process.

Hang in there and be good to yourself while you are healing.

What a great bunch of info, Kimmers! Thanks! I laughed about your "Rather have a numb tummy than a muffin top"... I said the same thing to my PS! Haha!
Oh my goodness!! Thank you for your review!!! This is some great information!! I go in for a mini TT on Monday!! I didn't know whether or not I would need the stool softener that my PS recommended... Now I think I'll swing by the drug store in the morning! ;) Do you have pictures??? It sounds like you have a great attitude about it all, even through the roller coaster. I can't wait to follow your recovery! Thanks for sharing your story!