Full Tummy Tuck and Mini Liposuction on my Sides - New York

After two c-sections and unseen results from...

After two c-sections and unseen results from cardio workouts, it was finally time to go under the knife for something that would enhance the way I felt about myself.

The Pro's: Quick recovery. Tomorrow will make two weeks since my procedure and I've been up and about sine day 2. I absolutely love my side and front profile already even though I'm swollen for the next 3 months.

Cons: while not c-section pain, you really become familiar with how many of your bodily functions are directly related to your stomach muscles. Laughing, coughing, sneezing and even blowing your nose will bring you a different type of unwanted discomfort. Super great experience overall!

NY Eye and Ear Infirmary

Not only was my doctor and the staff professional but they went above and beyond to make me comfortable. Not only was this my experience with the plastic surgery department but the entire optical has been professional and friendly. Made my 1st cosmetic surgery experience 5 out of 5 star rating!

To "Loso" my recovery was everything they prepared me for. It takes a good 8 weeks to be fully up and running (literally able to train for my marathon) a year and a half later, with some numbness, I am still pleasantly pleased.
I definitely had general anesthesia and was put completely asleep. I went to sleep with drawings on my belly and woke up with no belly. It was the greatest! And no, there was no option.
Did they do your tummy tuck under general anesthesia? Just wondering if they gave you an option for epidural with twilight sedation?
Ok yea u def want to have some comfort wit who does your surgery...im jus starting to look around to get the procedure.just want to make sure its someone good at what they do. I already had 3 c sections one of which was twins so i kinda know how it is to get surgery by that area.thanks for info really appreciate it and I will look into this place since it really does cost so much in nyc.how was the recover?
Well the first 3 days were a mess and about 4-5 days later I was up on my own. About 7 days later I was off my meds and two weeks later I was good. I've ha two c sections myself so I know what u mean. Its 3 weeks later and m still tight as ever in that area but sneezing and coughing aren't as bad. I'm driving comfortably and loving the results. I can't race my 5 year old yet but I'm on my way....
Absolutely! Even if I had the $ to pay full price id still pick my doctor. All of the fellows are assisted by a head doctor of the hospital. The consult is $75 but it was definitely my deciding factor in choosing to do it there. Additionally, because I've gone to many other consults it was easy for me to tell that he knew what he was doing and I was comfortable knowing that by the time he got to me he had already done hundreds of procedures. The NY Eye an Ear Infirmary is a reputable hospital and they have a whole plastic surgery department on the 9th floor and the staff was professional and friendlier than most doctors I've met. I'm definitely going there to another fellow for my next procedure!
Hi. I am considering using NYEE teaching hospital as well. Does the $75 concul fee go towards your surgery? And what is included in the price?

--Lala
oh ok im glad everything went well....would u recommend someone to do the same as far as getting done as you did cause i live in NY too but the prices are so high
The doctor that conducted my surgery was actually a fellow (student) and not an actual doctor yet. He graduates his program in June and a new team of doctors will be on their way to graduation by performing procedures on those willing to trust the
, I just do happen to be one of them and I
Grateful I was.
sounds great!!!...y is the cost so low
How are the far ends of the incision doing? Are they still really sore at 17 days PO?
Me too, I agree, I thought for a while there I was the only crazy person who moved around that fast and felt like super woman all things considering! LOL, I'm at 1 week post op and I've been out and about as well, good for u for getting it done, now just to wait till we can workout again!!!
Thanks so much! I also heard that fresh pineapples help with the water retention that can result from moving around a lot so I've been eating them. I want to go spinning so bad. Seems like the 6-8 weeks are going to take forever. Thank goodness at least my belly is done. Lol!
Congrats on the pros! As for the cons...who knew that a sneeze could hurt so bad! Lol! Gladyou had a great experience. I'm 17 days po and feel great too!