Fat Transfer, Facelift, Lower Bleph, Rhinoplasty - Dr. Andrew Jacono

Under eye bags, sagging skin. As a result of...

Under eye bags, sagging skin.

As a result of weight loss and a genetic predisposition for hollow midface/eyes, I was left with premature sagging and lack of volume in my face. It took me almost a year of research and several consultations with various surgeons before I found Dr.Jacono. During my two pre surgery consultations I was especially interested in seeing examples of younger patients who had undergone pan facial rejuvenation (I am 37). I was shown dozens of examples.His strategy for my facial rejuvenation included a deep plane facelift, lower blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and fat transfer. His execution was flawless. I look 8 or 9 years younger and more beautiful. The result is truly remarkable. The scars are already almost imperceptible after only 6 weeks. I do not look pulled, filled or fake in any way whatsoever. Because he used a deep plane technique (which repositions the deep tissues, not just the top few layers), when I speak or move my face everything looks and feels as it is supposed to. Working in the fashion industry I have seen many examples of bad fat transfers and bad facelifts up close. This surgeon has a keen sense of subtlety and balance. The recovery progressed smoothly, although because I had so many procedures done at once the swelling took some time to resolve. One must have the emotional fortitude and patience to deal with recovery. Through it all he and his staff continue to provide superb post op care. There is risk with any surgery but working with someone of Dr. Jacono's caliber can mitigate those risks significantly. I highly recommend him.

I can share pictures if you contact me privately.

8 months post op. I've added a couple of images.

8 months post op. I've added a couple of images.

10 months post op. Went to see Dr. Jacono today...

10 months post op. Went to see Dr. Jacono today for a follow up. I took a screen shot before/after from the front. My face is no longer square! My cheeks are higher (even though I didn't have a cheeklift, his style of facelift elevates the cheek pads). Really happy and enjoying the results. Thank you Dr. Jacono.

closeup of nose

I got a few messages requesting closeup before/afters of my nose. Here they are. You can see the boxy tip reshaped in the 'up the nose' angle. You can also see the nice effect of the fat transfer and the lower bleph from that angle (less bags/folds/shadows in the after picture).

another before/after image

This after pic is a bit older (8 months post op) but it's in the same lighting. No makeup, shiny skin in the after.

images removed

Hi Ladies. I've removed my images because my identity has been compromised. Please contact me privately if you'd like to see before/after pictures.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi Mcat, Would you mind if I could see more of your photos in a private message please. I am considering seeing your doctor in the near future, I have been thinking about it for a long time. Just a quick question- the fat grafting you received...is it still there? I know it can disappear in a lot of cases, do you think it was worth it. Also you said you could go out after 2 weeks, how were you feeling at that point? did it completely drain you? or were you pretty much ok by that point apart from scars. I'm asking this as I will be coming from the uk and there is other things I want to do and see while I'm there so I don't want to plan anything that will be too much for me. Thanks- you look great by the way
Hi an72. I would say about 50% of the fat stayed. There was a lot of swelling as a result of the combination of prcedures. At two weeks I could go out but definitely lost energy in the afternoon. I would say I was back to normal in terms of energy at about 4 weeks. I didn't workout until about 2 months after my surgeries. Different people react differently to swelling from fat transfer so it's hard to say. I looked very swollen until about 4 weeks but no one really noticed, I just knew. Of all the procedures, the fat transfer is the hardest for me to judge. I've definitely retained about half the fat that was placed in my upper cheek but the fat in my temples disappeared. Do have a look at my other posts regarding sculptra. I've been getting sculptra treatments and they are working out really well in terms of volumizing my temples and cheeks. There are more pictures there. Are you considering other procedures besides fat transfer?
Please look at the other reviews for Jacono as well to give you a better idea of what kind of surgeon he is. I've posted pictures under multiple bad surgeries.
Hi mcat, I have the same nose as you. Did you have open or closed rhinoplasty? I would think open if you had the bump shaved down, right? You look fantastic! How is your nerve regeneration coming along? Thanks for a reply. All the Best!
Hi Phuber58. I had an open rhinoplasty but the scar is literally invisible (check out the pictures of my nose from below). All nerve sensation was back by month 3 but It took about 8 months to regain sensation behind my ears. My nose never lost nerve sensation. My lower eyelids feel a little swollen in the morning sometimes but it only lasts about an hour. thanks!
So happy to hear your nerve sensation came back so quickly. I have read horror stories. I think your review is absolutely one of the best. Thank you for replying. All the Best!
mcat, you are very lucky you had a good result, I met someone from here who had their eyes done by Jacono, she had them re done by another doctor who did an amazing job on them, he could not get get rid of the entire scarring left by Jacono but he kind of blended them in where you really can't notice them unless she pointed them out to you. Dr. Jacono did a terrible job on her and her new doctor thank God made her look beautiful. I met her here because I too was considering Jacono, but I changed my mind because out of all of the doctors he was the most expensive and I am finding more and more complaints which makes me so scared. Then thinking back, I even asked him if we can just lift the skin and his nurse asked him and he was like "i'll do whatever she wants" and what do I know? I just throwing quesitons out there for him to review, not to have a doctor say he will do whatever I want! (and that would have been half the price) so it makes me wonder if he is really concerned about the patient and the turnout.......I am not comfortable with this type of a doctor.......
I appreciate your comments but for me choosing Jacono had nothing to do with luck. I did a full year of research and had consultations with various surgeons before deciding on Dr.Jacono. The fact is he does many more surgeries than the average plastic surgeon. I saw literally dozens of examples of his work and spoke with previous happy patients. You met Tara Anne in person? Did she show you pictures of herself before both surgeries or were you just basing your opinion on her final result? To me her pictures are very blurry and I cannot judge one way or another what I'm looking at. I'm sorry to say it but the proof is in the pictures. Otherwise how can anyone judge objectively?Posting images mid recovery while things are still healing isn't very fair and it makes me suspicious. I wish you all the best in your surgery.
yes, I met Tara Ann and the surgeon who fixed her......she is real, no need to be suspicious.....I still can see Jacono's scarring like I said only if she points it out and also like I said her doctor, Dr. Berlet, blended Jacono's scars into where he went and it is beautiful now.
I'm sure she's a real person but my question was: did you see clear pictures of her before her initial surgery and before her revision surgery? Seeing her now does not tell me much in terms of what surgeon did what. I would really like to compare apples to apples, not merely go on the word of someone who, quite frankly, seems to revel in hyperbole. I do not understand, for someone who is so intent on making her point, she does not post clear, side by side pictures. I did.
yes she did have her "before" pics up here but for some reason REAL SELF delted them along with her posts....which I find a little upsetting because I met her, saw her IN PERSON she is not a lunatic, she is a mom and a nice person that got a BAD surgery done by Jacono and wants to put it "OUT THERE" so people wont make the same mistake.....that's it, in a nutshell ....
Again, I saw her before pics she had posted on here. They were completely blurry and mainly pictures of her recovery (when the stitches were still in). This is what I'm talking about. Listen, I'm more than happy to continue this discussion in private if you want to send me a message. I don't feel comfortable replying to your posts. You are obviously not reading my responses and questions carefully. I never said she was a lunatic or a bad person, just that her posts seemed prone to hyperbole and I merely wanted to see some actual evidence in the form of actual photographs.
no it's ok I am good, I saw her and I saw her new doctor that corrected what Jacono did only there is nothing to discuss in private....I actually was impressed by her new doctors work, so I scheduled an appt with him and she was nice enough to meet me there....ps his price was like 1/3 less $$$
AND he said NOT to do it the way Jacono said to.........he said it would look horrific!
If you didn't see CLEAR photographs you actually don't know what "Jacono did" and what then other surgeon did. Please don't post on my review wall anymore. I look forward to seeing your results. Best of luck.

Tara Ann's content should still be on the site, but she was blocked for violating our community guidelines for posting multiple times.

maybe she did not know, you should not have blocked her, did you at least give her a warning? Her comments are valid and importatant, I feel anyway and benficial to people who are considering her type of surgery, that's my opinion ......maybe she shoud at least have another chance....
annonymous8643: Once again, there is no way to judge the results you saw without being able to determine the starting point. I cannot go simply on the word of someone whose posts read like personal attacks. It makes me wonder about her objectivity. I am not surprised she was blocked. May I suggest you look up the definition of a 'rant' and perhaps create your own review page rather than posting unsubstantiated claims on mine. Please.
Angiemcc-I'm not sure why you just didn't delete the comment that you felt didn't meet the guidelines. This is what I've seen done in the past. I feel it is a little unfair that you've taken her post down. She has had a real experience as I have and not only needs support but is truly concerned about people considering Jacono- she wants them to be fully informed. I would ask that you reconsider
I agree.....

I love your new photos, thank you for posting them!

You look great!
Wow, turned an already beautiful woman more beautiful! Now....I have to find someone who does similar stellar work for a bit less money! Congrats to both you and your surgeon, job well done.
Thank you nadiahoney!
You look amazing Mcat! Absolutely stunning, and not unnatural at all. The before and after photo is astonishing. What a great job. You must be thrilled. Enjoy!