Works, But Don't Expect Miracles - New York

After much research, I decided to give Zeltiq...

After much research, I decided to give Zeltiq Coolscultpting a try. I desperately wanted to get rid of my lovehandles and I wanted a procedure that was fairly painless and non-invasive, so Coolsculpting seemed perfect. Add in a 50% off groupon coupon, and I was sold!

A little background on me.... I'm 6'4", early 30s, 195lbs. I have had an issue with my lovehandles for a very long time, and no amount of sweat and tears could make them go away! About 13 years ago, I lost over 50 lbs (I used to be a bit chubby), but gained 20 lbs back in muscle (a good thing!). I have kept the bad weight off, and I work out 4-5 times a week, lift weights, regularly run races, eat healthy, etc. But even when I was at my lowest weight and I looked emaciated, my lovehandles were still there.

The procedure itself was fine. The pain wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be based on others’ review. The quick massage afterwards hurt the most (pain and burning), but really not that bad given that it was less than a minute.

Post procedure, my lovehandles were somewhat numb for over 3 weeks, but the pain was minimal. In fact, I would say that the pain was barely noticeable. The numbness was not very annoying, and on a scale of 1-10 (10 being bad), I would rate the annoyance only a 2. On pain, I would rate it a 1. Yes, the level of pain I felt was that low! It was much lower than I had expected based on what others have said, and I am happy about that!

Overall, I am somewhat pleased with the results. After almost 2 months (50 days), I have noticed a slight difference (see pics), but I was expecting a more dramatic change. I’ll update my review at the 90 day mark, so hopefully I’ll see even more improvement. Is it worth it? I’m not sure. For $800, I’ll say yes. For $1500, probably not. Then again, maybe I’ll need second treatment to see optimal results. Hopefully I can find another discount out there!

So, 3 months post procedure and I definitely can...

So, 3 months post procedure and I definitely can see some results, but like I said in my review, they were not as dramatic as I had hoped. Fortunately for me, I found another groupon so I will be doing the procedure again next month.

Additionally, if anyone is wondering, I weigh the...

Additionally, if anyone is wondering, I weigh the exact same amount today as I did 3 months ago, so I don't believe that any of the fat loss was due to weight loss from exercise or dieting.

So, as I mentioned earlier, I found a groupon and...

So, as I mentioned earlier, I found a groupon and decided to do the love handles again and also this time my small pooch of a belly. I did the belly two days ago, and will re-do my love handles in three weeks. Coolsculpting in the ab area definitely hurt more than the love handles, primarily because there is just more fat to suck up into the machine! But overall, the procedure was not too painful. The day after, my stomach was a little sore (kind of like doing situps) and a little numb, but overall not bad at all. Today is day 2, and most of pain has gone away. I'll update everyone next week if the pain situation drastically changes. Many reviews mention the pain/ bee stings that happen roughly a week after the procedure. Like I said in my earlier posts, I felt almost no pain after doing my love handles, so I hoping for the same with my belly area!

So I had my tummy area done, and the experience in...

So I had my tummy area done, and the experience in the week or two following was definitely worse than with the love handle areas, but honestly, not by much. I had some of the bee sting feelings that many have mentioned (between days 5 - 10). Yes, sometimes I would get that weird feeling, and usually I would just grab the roll of fat and squeeze and that would make the odd feeling go away :) Overall, the pain was minimal and the bee sting feel was really only a slight annoyance. It didn't affect my day to day activities at all.

I'm getting my love handles done again tomorrow and I'm very excited. I'll post those pictures in a few months. I'm also updating the cost to include the two sessions for my love handles, since the pictures will ultimately reflect what I spent in total.

I've posted a pic now that it's been a little over...

I've posted a pic now that it's been a little over 2 months post my second love handle procedure. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the results. Although I can see slight improvement, overall there doesn't seem to be much difference than after the first procedure. Additionally, this second time around, I also had a procedure done on my lower abs. I took no pictures, but it barely looks like any change happened. I went to a different doctor this second time around and the front desk assistant did the procedure on me. Everything felt the same as the first time, so I can't believe that the doctor's office had anything to do with the results (although maybe I'm wrong). Also, I still exercise regularly and have weighed the same for the past 6 months, so I definitely did not gain any fat over the time period.

I'll post updated pics in a few months -- I know sometimes it takes longer than 2 months to see results. But honestly, for the amount of money it costs, I would have expected better results. If I had paid full price, Zeltiq would have cost me over $3K for just the love handles alone! For that price, it would have definitely not been worth it.

Redid lower abs and can see a difference only after 1 month

I decided to re-do my lower abs about a month ago, and I can honestly say that I definitely see a difference only after one month (granted I have also been working out a lot more, but my weight has not changed). I will post pics in a few months.

Two things to note this time, which I think makes a big difference:
1. The size of the applicator - I went to a new doctor for this instance, and the doctor used a very large unit on my lower ab. I am pretty sure that the last time I did this, the unit was much smaller. This makes a big difference.
2. Having a doctor actually do the procedure. The first time I went to Dr. Schweiger and I saw results. I went to a new doctor for this third time and am also seeing results. Both actually measured the area to determine the right size applicator and drew on my body with a marker. The second doctor I went, the front desk receptionist is the one who actually did the procedure. I believe she just used the standard small applicator and put it on where she saw fit. And I saw little results.
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

The doctor was fine - Nothing special. His staff, on the other hand, was amazing. The assistant who was with me through the procedure was incredibly sweet and helpful. Overall, I would recommend.

How are your end results after 3 treatments?
Hello there. Thanks for sharing your experience. I also had my flanks and abs treated. Its only been about six weeks since I've had them done and I've seen some improvement in those areas. I'm considering additional treatments but I will probably wait until the two month mark. I'm just curious if you saw a big difference between waiting two and three months? I don't want to treat them too much but still have slight bulges that could use improvement at this point.
Did you take measurements. I can see a difference hat would be worth it considering it's non-invasive and supposedly permanent. Other noninvasive treatments re-distribute that fat to parts unknown. I like your results. Pray for me. Hehe

I honestly dont see a love handle..looks great to me

Laurice, I also had some minor gastro-intestinal problems for a week after my first procedure. I'm not sure if it was related to the coolsculpting, but the timing of my issues definitely coincided with the it. So far with my second procedure, I'm not having any of these issues.
I am finally starting to see a change in my lower abdominal and sides. I'm in week 4 for my sides and week 3 for my lower abdominal. I can't wait to see the changes in the next 30 days.
I had my lower and upper stomach done yesterday. The actual procedure was just a little uncomfortable. I went about my normal routine yesterday. Today I had to leave work shortly after I got there due to pretty severe diarrhea and stomach cramps. No one mentioned that side effect so I looked it up today and it is listed as one. Now I'm just resting, napping and not moving too far from the bathroom.
I'm having my love handle and stomach done on Thursday in NYC, through a LifeBooker deal. Im so nervous! Thanks for posting your experience, you can really see your results :)
We hate to here about the pain everyone has after the treatment.We went to a center in L.I. N.Y.and lots of people asked about pain,the said plenty of times no pain only a cold sucking feeling,"NO DOWN TIME" ! It will cost me $5000 for them to do both of our Love Handles & Abs.after reading all of your reviews I Feel That They Hid Things This From Us.

Hi there,

From a general point of view, I don't think anyone can say there would be no pain for any treatment. Every individual deals with pain in different ways and has a difference tolerance level. It may be that you need to look into a few more providers, it's always best to get at least 3 consultations before deciding on who to go with and if you're still not happy then keep going until you find the provider that is right for you.

I just had sides and front done. The sides had slight bruising but not bad. The front was a totally different experience. I asked the cool sculpting rep a few days after having my lower stomach done and she explained the pain and numbing sensation is due to the more nerves in that area. It should subside in two to three weeks. I still believe in NO PAIN NO GAIN! Its really not that bad at all IMHO.
Hi FPP12345 and NYC Guy can u please give me the name and the adress ? Thank u
Chelsea Eye & Cosmetic Surgery
at 212.727.3717
Damn Groupon! I need to check that out! Thanks for posting this!
Who was your doctor?
i had this done a week ago and totally agree with all of your comments on how you felt post-procedure. I have the same exact issues as you in shape athletic male with annoying stubborn love handles. looks like there is some result from looking at your pics. keep us posted.
i see a big difference now! it looks like it worked well to me! wish there was a group on in my area!
I can totally see a difference, looks good! I agree that one more treatment might get you where you want to be. I am excited to get this done myself but waiting until summer when I can afford to get both my love handles and upper abdomen done - thank you for sharing!

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I look forward to seeing your progress at your 90 day mark!

Kirsty