Uncomfortable, but the Outcome Will Be Worth It!!!!!!!

I have two children ages 10 and 4yrs old, both...

I have two children ages 10 and 4yrs old, both were delivered by c-section. After my first child I was left with a flap and there was nothing I could do about it, and after my second pregnancy the flap became wider and more noticeable. Although, I was one of those types to always wear Spanx and a girdle under my clothes to make others not see what I see w/o clothes on, lol!!!

Anyway I've always wanted to get my Tummy Tuck done and I’m happy to say ladies, I DID IT!!!!! I had my surgery today 3/25/10 and I'm holding up pretty well.

DAY 1: Today 3/26/09 and I’m feeling the pain a little more since the anesthesia wore off. I have drains and a pain pump. The pain pump automatically releases medicine to the abdominal area which I think is helping out. I woke up every 25 minutes and it wasn’t because of pain, I just couldn’t really sleep. I’m glad I took the advice of a Realself member that advised renting a recliner will help out if you don’t have one. Actually, the recliner I rented is a medical recliner from Rent-A-Center. It lifts me up til my feet reaches the floor, which is absolutely fabulous and affordable.

As far as help, one of my girlfriends offered to take off from work for a week to help me out which was nice. My husband has been helping me with the kids and cooking.

I have to go back on Tuesday for my first post-op appt, so at that time I will upload some post-op pics.

So I'm six days in and I truly feel like I'm...

So I'm six days in and I truly feel like I'm getting better everyday just as everyone said. My belly button looks a little crazy to me, but I know that I have to be patient. I went for my first post-op visit yesterday and everything went well. Unfortunately, I forgot my drainage calculation sheet, so my doctor didn't want to remove them until he was sure I was draining less than 30cc within 24hrs., which I was okay with.  I took my first bath today since the day before surgery and it felt soooo good!!!! I've posted some post-op pics below, just as I aid I would. Hope this will help anyone who's considering or has done it around the same time frame. I'll update more pics next week.

Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

The doctor and the his staff are very nice. They made me feel very comfortable. He answered all my questions and concerns. I had asked to speak to a patient who recently got a tummy tuck done so I could get more insight on recovery and they did it with no problems. He's the only Doctor in his office. All I can say is I'm really happy I chose him!!!!

Absolutely Fabulous, I am happy for you! Yes you can tell already so just imagine when your healing is over. I get my TT with Lipo of back and flanks with BBL in December. I am so excited.
you look great, keep us posted with new pics so we can see how well it is coming along.
wow you're looking good.. I am going to look into the doc that did yours...congrats on your new beautiful belly
well i did it..i pick a PS. you was so right( i want a tummy tuck real bad) DR.Francis,and the staff are wonderful..i has my consultation with him yesterday,and all my god as soon as i stared to talk with him,something told me he was the one,i felt so welcome and the girls,when out of there way to get me pictures from other patients,yesterday a lady call me,that just has her TT. with DR,Francis.he answer my questions.so you could tell i was happy.i had a big kool aid smile, every one was asking me why i was so happy( LOL)..am having my TT with MR. LIPO AND A ARM LIFT...thank you so much for your info, it did help me a lot.
wow u look fabulous, u must be thrilled with how hot u look x
What great results.
Thank you,so much for the info...
@ Millie, after going on 5 consultations I decided to choose Dr. Francis. #1 because I liked his work,#2 my mother was a the head nurse at a nursing home where Dr. Francis use to do plastic surgery for the elderly, #3 at the consultation his staff understood my concerns and made me feel comfortable. Before I chose Dr. Francis I had scheduled my TT tuck with another doctor that I thought was great, but when I had asked his (coordinator)the woman who schedules and collects payment if I could speak to a patient of his who recently had a tt tuck done, to get their view about post-op, she became very defensive and wanted to know why I need that!! Personally, I don't think questions should be asked if I'm paying a whole lot of money!!!! So, after that my heart wasn't at ease and at that point I decided to look elsewhere. Hope this helped! Feel free to email me if you would like. Good Luck!!!
hi,congrats.. i can't wait for my TT. can you please tell me,if you can,what was about this doctor that made you pick him? and also how many consultations did you have? thanks for the info..
Thanks Angiemmc.
Sheshe33, don't let anyone discourage you!!! Only you know how you feel about your body and you have the opportunity to do something about it. This website helped me soooooo much!!! From what kind of questions to ask during consultation to knowing what recovery would be like,negative and positive. I understand your concern in regards to having someone to relate to and I must say I was very concerned as well. As I'm healing and still not able to fit into the clothes I CAN'T wait to wear, I'm so happy I did it. Good Luck with your consultation!!!
Your 'After' photos are amazing. I hope the healing continues to go well.
Not that I am not thankful for all of the other stories on the site, however I am thrilled that these pictures are of another woman of color.. I am going to have my consultation on May 11th 2010. It feels like I'm alone when I tell other women of color my plans they think its ridiculous and that there's something wrong with me. I'm so excited, the belly button thing is a little crazy. Congratulations to you these pics are so helpful.
@Anabelle199---I actually had no Lipo done, which I think is minimizing some pain during the recovery period. How are you holding up? I usually wear the binder, but I find it to be uncomfortable at times, especially with the drains in.
Well, I've updated my profile with some post-op pics, they should be up soon.. I guess you can read my update and it will say.. Not too happy at this point, don't know if I'm being to selfish or demanding as far as the results at this point but will try to keep a postive attitude. I hope you are feeling good and progressing on your recovery, hope to hear some feedback from my pics when you get the chance.. Take Care :)
Wow.. your back view looks absolutely amazing! And your front will get there too! Time will make it all better! I'm asssuming you had lipo on your flanks? You look great! I had mine a day after yours and havan't managed to look at it yet! lol I have a binder on, do you? Do you constantly wear it? I haven't been able to shower :( I have my one week follow up visit tomorrow, I"m assuming if I get the drains removed I can then shower.. Let's see.. Well, wishing you a speedy recovery and Congrats.. :)
@ Ontario & AMV781---- So happy to hear you guys had it done. How are you holding up? I was due to get my drains out the same day as you, but unfortunately I forgot to bring my drain collection sheet so I have to go back tomorrow. My stomach feels like a rock. If I'm not wearing my binder for some reason my belly feels heavy. I see you stated you're going to work tomorrow, are you standing straight yet? I'm still hunched over. My back near my butt hurts if I stand for too long. I get numb butt,lol!!! Ahhhh, it's all worth it at the end :)
congrats!I just had mine on the 24th as well. I am so happy i did it as well. Good luck with your recovery!
I had a tummy tuck on the same day as you!! I finally got my draining tubes out today. I'm gonna attempt to go to work tomorrow but I still feel really stiff. Do you feel your belly at all, cause I feel nothing?
Glad you finally did it, all the best with your healing and post some pics as you go along, good luck
Thanks guys!!! I'm resting a lot, just didn't know how uncomfortable I would be with all the gas that I have,ughhhh!!!
my stretch marks are as high as yours over the belly button, i would love to see the results, and i was kinda annoyed that i might still have them after spending so much money on a tummy tuck.
I still have stretchmarks around my bellybutton ): I got a tt on March 8th....it was very disappointing, but it looks soooo much better~ they can only work with what you've got there...I did see people with quite a bit more skin than me & their stretchmarks went all the way up but gone after surgery....luckies :)
That's really exciting! Looking forward to more photos.
Can't wait to see your post pictures! Congrats on your TT! I hope you have a smooth recovery! Rest up this weekend!