Thinking of Getting a Nose Job This Year - New York, NY

Hi all, Im 26 years old, have been feeling...

Hi all,

Im 26 years old, have been feeling insecure about my nose since middle school, although it wasn't to a point where i felt i needed a nose job... It wasn't until a few years back that i finally started saying to myself, i want this done before i get married and get older. Ive seen amazing results, although the thought of having my nose look worse afterwards scares me very much. I have already consulted with Dr. Steven Pearlman, and thought he was great. Anyone in the nyc area have any experience with him or with others that you recommend me consulting with? Would really appreciate your input!

Thanks for posting your profile shots! That gives us a much broader picture of your situation. You're a beautiful girl either way you decide to go.

sarah dear thank you so much for your lovely comment. yes ive wanted to fix the hump on my nose for quite some time buttttt of course i have my doubts because i think its best to do as much research as possible to make sure I'm going to a good doctor. I know that if i am very careful with my selection the percentage of failure is very low, plus the doctor assured me that my nose was not complicated and that he didn't need to make many changes to it, just what i posted below responding to pinks comment. Im sure your super excited to see your results tomorrow!!!! post pictures!!!
You are clearly a very smart and articulate woman; I have no doubt that you'll do exactly what you need to do for yourself, and do all the research :) It's always good when you see someone who cares a lot about being prepared! It's always unfortunate when you read reviews where people are constantly panicking and freaking out and you can tell that they didn't do any research going into it - I just don't know how I'd do that, I'm such a control freak about these kinds of things, haha. If it's any consolation at all, it definitely doesn't sound like you'll be having any drastic changes to your nose. In fact, some of the changes your surgeon recommended are similar to what MY surgeon had recommended for me. He also said that my nose was a mild case, not difficult or complex at all, and I've been very happy with my results and have had (in the grand scheme of things) a very easy recovery so far. If you go through with this, I am sure you will be absolutely fine! :) And thank you, I will definitely post pictures tomorrow, haha. I told my best friend over the phone today that if it looked really weird and I was uncomfortable with it, she'd have to wait for photos, and she goes, "Umm, NO? I'm your best friend, I'm using this moment to play my friend card and demand that you show me!" I laughed; she's right, she does have that right as my best friend ;) And since everyone here has been so supportive and wonderful during my experience, I'm comfortable sharing it with all of you as well :)
hi pink, have you gotten feedback on pearlman? since u say he's highly respected. i know he's good at what he does but the more feedback the better. um he obviously wants to fix my deviation since it causes me some discomfort, bring down the hump 2 millimeters, and narrow the bridge a bit cause its kind of wide. but i of course would like to visit maybe one or more doctors more just to get other opinions u know?
Please do not focus on what pinkbevdoll or irvine12 are saying, because I do not wish to put anyone down, but they've been notorious these past few days (and pinkbevdoll for longer than that) for going onto reviews and only posting negative things, and trying to persuade anyone who will listen not to get their nose done or else they will regret it. The fact is, the majority of people who have rhinoplasties done - granted that they do extensive research, and thoroughly research their surgeon and going with the one you feel is most experienced and that you are the most comfortable with - are very happy with their results. All you have to do is take a look at how many people here post positive reviews as opposed to negative ones. What did Dr. Pearlman say at your consultation? Is this something you feel you ultimately NEED to do to be happier (as in, you'd continue to be unhappy or held back by the insecurity you feel from your nose), or is it just something that is more of an impulse? If you're not 100% sure, I'd recommend continuing to do more research and not going through with it until you are. However, if you ARE sure that this is what you want, don't let anyone talk you out of it; you need to do what will make YOU the happiest. I'm 21 and just had mine down last week, I'll have my cast removed tomorrow, and despite the annoyances that comes with recovery, and knowing there will be more swelling once the cast comes off, I am more than thrilled with my choice and know that I did the right thing. In fact, the complaint I here most often on this site is how most of the women who waited until their 40s+ to get their nose fixed wished they had done it sooner! You are an absolutely beautiful woman, with gorgeous features, and you'd do fine remaining the way you are. However, I can understand why you might have aspects of your nose that you wish to change, and honestly, I think that you could look even more stunning with a nose that makes YOU feel more confident. But just remember, no matter what, you are beautiful EITHER WAY, no matter what you choose to do :) I hope to hear more from you!
Again though, no disrespect at all to pinkbevdoll or irvine12. I feel for them for having had bad experiences and I wish they didn't have to go through that :( And pinkbevdoll has apologized, so that's good and very much appreciated! Just wanted to add that, cause I certainly don't want others to think I am attacking them!
I am sorry.....I do not feel like I am being attacked
sorry will do....
what did Pearlman recommend. He is highly respected.
Hi girls, thanks for the feedback, i added two more photos, i have a hump on my nose, and i have a deviated septum. i understand that this is a risky procedure, which is of course why i haven't really gotten it done yet, but i just want to know if anyone has gotten their procedure done in the nyc area, i consulted with dr. pearlman. thanks
You have a beautiful nose and face. Why do you want to go under the knife and risk your life for no reason. I made a huge mistake with this nose job nightmare. First of alll i cant breathe. I feel like a fish gasping for air. I cry every night because I regret it. I miss my old nose. I dont look like myself no more, its depressing. It makes your face and feature change. It hurts and recovery is nightmare. It hurt so much, the first whole month it felt like my nose was smashed into a heavy breick place on my face and I had to balance it on my face and carry it around. And it felt like my nose got butchered off and someone nailed into my flesh a heavy brick into my face as a nose. Also the nose will be stiff. It feels like really strange. Not like your own nose flexible ever again!! I cant even exersice because I can only breathe out of my mouth. I feel like I have asthma attack. I was a happy beautiful girl before surgery, and I wish someone told me not to do it!!!!! :( Now I cry every night and my anxiety is crazy and I I honestly just want to breathe fresh air Im so tired.
you are so right..

I'm so sorry for your bad result, but it completely depends on the surgeon you choose. Going with a board certified, very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can give you amazing results. Please keep it supportive in here and go elsewhere with your agenda.

will do..so sorry
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

sorry girls i only posted that picture because i didn't know how to post more than one photo... let me try and see if i can get a couple more up. Thanks for your comments

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Would you be able to put up a profile shot so we can check that out and give you more informed feedback?

Don't get a nose job. i don't see anything wrong with your nose, it's not wide, assymetric,etc? I haven't seen the profile but your front looks great.
Best of luck to you in finding the right surgeon!
You are really pretty! I can't imagine how gorgeous you would look afterward. Congrats on taking the step toward getting it done because I know it can be hard with the stigma attached to rhinoplasty (or any plastic surgery). Essentially, if you feel like you can live in peace with your inner self after it, then it should be done. On a side note, our noses are pretty similar. :) I'm going with a PS in southern California, though, but I'm sure someone has experience about Pearlman on here!
you are beautiful,,don't touch it..
Dear pinkbevdoll, you say "don't touch it" to everyone. Why exactly are you on this site?
I like to encourge people to really check out their doctor and to appreciate themselves. I make a mistake years ago and unless their noses are really bad, they should not touch it,
read the comments above. This gal does not need any kind of nose job. There is nothing wrong with her nose. She is one cute gal and that is my agenda.