Drooping Eyebrows. Will They Stay Like This?

I am 32 and I had Botox for the horizontal lines...

I am 32 and I had Botox for the horizontal lines on my forehead and frown lines 1 week ago. While my frown lines are perfect, and my forehead is smooth as a baby's, my eyebrows have dropped significantly.

I told the physician (who is a family member making this a delicate issue)that I only wanted the top creases of my forehead done. I was told that I would have complete movement of my brows. Every day since the treatment my eyebrows drop more and more, I thought after day 3 they would stabalise, but they have not, and I am worried that they will continue to drop to a point that is grotesque. Also, I cannot move my forehead at all. Only the tiniest movement, which even as I type seems to be diminishing. I have also had terrible headaches, and trouble seeing out of my left eye.

Since I am slightly neurotic and a 1st time user maybe this is all perfectly normal, and I am just overly sensitive? Luckily, I have large eyes and I have a large palate between my lid and brows. All in all, no one seems to notice any difference whatsoever, and I suppose I look ok.

I worry that the Botox may not wear off, or I will be left with lower eyebrows, since some studies show that Botox can actually reverse some creases.

Some facts about the procedure and effects:
1. I was given 55mgs of Botox. 8 for my mouth and the remaining 45 (or so) for my forehead.
2. the forehead was injected in 5 pints along the hairline, at my temples, between my eyebrows, over the base of my brows and the arch of my brows.
3. On the left side of my forehead, something was hit that caused bleeding and later a large bruise. At first this seemed to explain why the left eyebrow was lower, but now both eyebrows are relatively the same.
4. I would estimate my brows have dropped 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch (no exaggeration).

The bad: Eyebrow droop, headaches, strained vision out of left eye, no movement of forehead. The good: smooth forehead, no more frown lines, great doctor. I am concerned about the effects of this treatment over time.

Updated on Jan 5, 2010
I am in my 30s, and was given approximately 45units injected in my forehead. I had several horizontal lines on my forehead, I was injected in 5 points along the hairline and 5 points along the brow (1 in-between, 1 along the base, arch and temples). My eyebrows have dropped, I have headaches and I can't move my forehead at all. I believe I was given MUCH to much, and in too many places along my brow. WHEN will this go away, if EVER? Will it take longer since I was given 45 units instead of 15?

Any ideas why this happened or what I can expect? Needless to say, I am extremely concerned about taking "corrective" measures. I also feel extremely badly for my physician/ family member.

My doctor is wonderful, I would recommend him, just not in this forum

I was encouraged to go for botox after frowning on a sunny day with my sunglasses. a distant friend i was with when complaining i hate the frownline between my eybrows said: "i did botox, because i didnt like that either." I thought weather try botox at the age of "just" 30 years for about half a year, but am happy i did it little before my 31 birhtday. After the treatment (forehead), first reaction was that i could still see the vertical line between the eyebrows. However, in about two days, it dissapeared and the horizontal frownlines were gone too. I think my other eyebrwon rose sligtly, but not much. I was very surprised to realise that it took some days for the horizontal line to "dissapear". i certainly did not expect for not being able to "make" them by frowning - my forehead just did not move. now 3.5 months after if i raise my eyebrows, i can see some very small lines. in total im very happy with the result. For me the biggest annoyance were the frown lines between the eyebrows and now when around three sunny months are behind everything still fine (i used to get the lines very heavy in the summer and then getting them lighter during the winter). no one directly commented they noticed any change (except those i had told), so i guess its looks natural. as so many people judge the procedure, i have decided to keep to myseld. im 100% happy so far but sure the result depends on the skills of the doctor!
Hi Everyone. My internet has been shifty, so sorry for the lag. I have more movement now, and no strange lines. I am feeling much better about it, although I notice every time I put on eye makeup that I need to put it in different places. I hope that the brows go back up, but at least for now, I can have some expression on my face again!!! Yes, it is like Russian Roulette. I would have to say. My doctor (the family member) did not want to do this. She said I didn't need it. She was right. I BEGGED her to do it, because I was turning 32, newly single, and living on a new continent. Now this all sounds so trite. My advice. If you don't need it, if you look "ok" but you are trying to look like a magazine model, DO NOT DO IT. Maybe one day, when I have popped a few kids out, and I am looking my age, I won't care if my eyebrows drop. But now, it wasn't really worth it. All in all. I still look ok. The irony is, I am a feminist. And I fell into the trap of trying to look like a movie star. At least it wasn't bad breast implants! Blessings all.
Hello Tried but Failed! No, it was filler (Restylane) injected under my eyes, and not Botox. There was just a little left, so he decided to inject a little in my hollows. With eyes and with any part(s) of your face, you need to take more time and make sure everything is evened out. I do not have bags under my eyes, and I'd rather have the hollow look, which I am stuck with right now. As the doc was injecting, I did trust that he knew what he was doing, but I knew he didn't have enough so wasn't sure what to expect. Now it looks like my eyes are swollen. It's been a few months now. The doctor said it would wear off, so I'm waiting! I just had an IPL yesterday, which I am excited about. I did show the nurse (she also injects Botox) my eyes and said that she could fix them so they raise, but I am going to wait. I am sorry if this is confusing, as I am talking about being unhappy with my Botox results and the fact that I had filler injected under my eyes, which was left over (I had my Nasolabial Folds filled - happy with the job at least). I will remind my friend about the article and as soon as I find it, I'll let you know. I am glad you are seeing some improvement. That says something. Time usually mends/heals and can make a difference. Happy With Me, looking forward to seeing your pics!! Will you let us know how to find them? I am not that savvy with this site yet. It's good to know that our situations can resolve. It's just a waiting game, but it's scary. To opt for these procedures and trust that we will see improvements, only to be surprised with the opposite, is very upsetting.
Droopybrows, I'm not sure how bad your brows drooped, but it seems every time I asked for my forehead smoothed out completely from side to side, the brows did always droop a bit. My first Botox doc wouldnt even do it for that reason. Since I like the look of the smoother forehead, I accepted a bit of droop when I started to go to my second Botox doc and she did it. It didn't look too bad for me, though. Yours sounds more like an adverse effect. Botox is a tricky thing and sometimes it's like playing russian roulette. The results can be great at times, and then out of the blue comes a disaster for reasons unknown (yet). This is coming from someone with 2 Botox disasters under her belt. The first one (I call the "big swell") took well over 6 months to resolve, and I still get strange swelling in places like upper eyelid corners and the top of bridge of my nose that I never had before then. The second one I'm still in the midst of, one month down and probably many more to go, and it's worse than anything I've experienced so far. That's the undereye bags and fat bulges. Talk about looking 10 years older! I'm still reading up on the adverse effects with the product, but it's undeniable that things are going on more than what's been reported by the company and in the literature. I don't know how much is known or whether these are rare events, as it seems that a lot of doctors aren't aware of or too dismissive of these side effect possibilities (they should read this site). For example, I've been the "worst case" and "never seen anything like this" for both my docs during each of my disasters. How is that possible? In any case, I still believe, much like my first disaster, and like the one you are experiencing, the bad effects will all resolve with a bit of time. How long, that depends, but set your bar low so you aren't disappointed. I would give it 6 months at least. Take pictures too, for progress, every once in a while. I'd actually like to see more pictures posted on this site - it's much more helpful. I should have mine posted in a couple days once the review clears.
While I agree with you that it is important to look around for someone highly qualified, I cannot fault the qualifications of the doctor who administered my botox and it was still a disaster. She is a known expert in this field in Australia and she is an injectables trainer. It still didn't stop her making a horrible, horrible error. I think qualifications and experience certainly must minimise the mistakes occurring, but unfortunately, I don't think it will eliminate them completely. Back to you: Are you sure she injected filler and not botox under your eyes? If it was botox then the 'swelling' you are seeing might really be pseudo-herniation of the fat pads under your eyes. The way to tell the difference between swelling and herniation is to compare what it looks like when your eyes are looking straight ahead and when they are looking upwards. Swelling looks about the same but fat herniation looks much worse when the eyes are in upgaze. Just a thought. And I think you should specifically ask the injector what it was. I think you make an excellent point though about how VULNERABLE we are when lying on the table having our faces injected. This is a huge amount of trust we are putting in the injectors and they should not abuse that trust. It is just not good enough that they take it upon themselves to do things that were not discussed or agreed to, particularly when we all know that the effects of filler and botox take so long to wear off. On the upside, I have seen some improvement in my face in the last week or so. It still looks like crap and the lift of my face when smiling remains god-awful, but at this point I will take any improvement at all no matter how slight. It will be Week 30 on Friday. Good luck Girl007 and I would love to read a copy of that article when your friend forwards it to you. Cheers, K
Hi Tried but Failed, I am truly sorry that you have been going through this. Has anyone given you hope and does anyone believe that your situation will not reverse itself? I think that time will heal. How frustrating and unfair! I feel I have no right to complain. There is a new article out which someone is going to be forwarding to me. My friend states once I read this article, I will not want to get injected with Botox again. I never really feel right about it when I am having it done. I think that my doctor didn't put enough in (not that I want anymore). Therefore, it didn't settle in the way it normally does/has after treatment/injections. It just looks strained, slightly rippled and bumpy and well, it just looks like I need Botox. I am going to go for a consultation or two to see about a brow lift. I am not thrilled about surgery when you can get the effects without. However, maybe Botox is not for everyone and as much as doctors say that it is not harmful to one's health when injected cosmetically, there are indeed new studies that prove differently. I am supposed to be seeing my doctor next week for a follow up. If he wants to inject more, I will say no. I just want him to see what my forehead looks like. In certain lighting it looks okay. In other lighting, it does not and there is a definite lowering of my left eyelid and brow. Again, I feel bad complaining to you, since your whole face has been affected. I will say that I have another issue, but I feel funny about posting, as I am unsure about who might end up reading these posts, but someone decided they were going to inject something somewhere else on my face, because there was extra filler in my syringe and this is not something agreed upon or spoken about. When I asked what she was doing, she said, "don't worry, I am just going to inject a small amount to smooth out the area" (it was under my eyes). Now I look like I am swollen under my eyes. She keeps saying it will fade overtime. Not a good answer. I really didn't know what she was going to do and then I just trusted she knew what she was doing. NOT! Anyway, back to Botox... All doctors should ask what their patients are on with regards to medications before following thru with any procedures and further educate themselves. Some seem to be so knowledgeable and some doctors obviously do not have a clue. I was reading some horror stories about liposuction. Any MD can take a weekend/week course and perform liposuction at the cost of their patients' lives. In other words, there are several doctors practicing outside of their speciality and expertise not knowing what they're doing. It's always important to choose a doctor who is board certified.
Hi Tried but Failed, Droopy Eyes (and everyone else)! :) Tried but Failed: Did the entities you contacted confirm or agree that Tetracycline affected the effects of the Botox? I was told there were no interactions when I asked. This is very interesting. I am so sorry you are going through this!! I won't compare myself to anyone, but I am so disappointed with the results of my last Botox visit. The follow up didn't change it much. I am going to see my doc again and will show him. I do not want anything else injected right now, though. I just want him to see how it did not take and how strained it looks between my eyebrows. My left eye is also slightly droopy and my eyebrows are not raised the way they usually raise. I cannot believe that no one can help you. May I ask what your doctor said? Did he have an explanation? Also, did he say he would try to make it right? I know you said there is nothing you can do, but after reading several posts, it seems as though some have had success with correcting Botox gone wrong situations. I really hope that all of you and myself can look back at this and say "PHEW!" Let's all check in from time to time if okay. Nice to have people to share with. Wishing you all the best and some peace of mind.
Hi Girl007 - a lot of doctors seem to be unaware of the interaction between some antibiotics and botox. This is unfortunate and they should take the time to educate themselves properly. It could have saved me 7 months (and counting) of grief. I note that even here on the RealSelf webite, the doctors say there is no interaction. You state that you have been told there is no interaction. This is not correct. Certain classes of antibiotics can severely potentiate botox and exacerbate its physical effect causing monstrous results like mine. Not all types of antibiotics will exacerbate the effects of botox, but the antibiotics that have neural blocking properties of their own certainly do. Tetracycline antibiotics get their neural blocking properties from how they chelate calcium. Other antibiotics like aminoglycosides work in a different way but they also have neural blocking properties. Because of how botox works, the additional neural properties of these types of antibiotics can cause extreme results from botox. The interaction between botox and antibiotics is stated in the Allergan literature. The FDA and the TGA (Australian FDA) are also both aware of the interaction and warn against the concurrent administration of certain antibiotics (including tetracyclines, aminoglycocides etc) and botox. The medscape drug interaction checker has the highest warning against the administration of botox with certain classes of antibiotics, including tetracyclines. The information is out there and very easy to find. It is just a shame for me that I had to find it all out for myself after the botox disaster. I am living proof that the concurrent administration of botox and tetracycline antibiotics should be avoided at all costs. I have previously had similar amounts of botox (10-20 units max) in similar places without antibiotics so I know that there is no other explanation for my current horror result other than that the botox was potentiated by the antibiotics. I agree that some bad botox results on the forehead can be corrected or tweaked with more botox because of the 'see-saw' relationship between the muscles in the forehead. However, because my result is full facial drop and pseudoherniation of the fat pads under my eyes, there is nothing that I can do but wait it out and cross my fingers that my face lifts back up again, the eye bags flatten out and I am not left with too much permanent damage. It has been seven months and it is still not close to right. A very long and stressful wait indeed. My doctor has acknowledged that the interaction of the botox with the antibiotics caused the botox effect to be massively potentiated. She has apologised. She claims she was unaware of the interaction before she saw my result. I told her about the information I got from Allergan, the FDA and the TGA. I told her to google "botox antibiotics" because there are thousands of relevant hits. I told her that if she did not know about the interaction, then she should have known. There is simply no excuse for such incompetence and ineptitude in a medical professional who has been practising in this field for decades. I am choosing not to pursue it further because I will get nowhere. As your bad result is in your forehead, it is possible that someone highly skilled in corrections might be able to fix yours up for you? Let us know what you decide to do. I know how bad a botox face disaster can be so I feel for you! Cheers, K
Thank you for all of the feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your experience "tried but failed". I must admit, in reading all of this, I am quite terrified. I had not seen that I was getting responses, and I only saw all of this now. It has been 5 weeks since the Botox, and I am feeling much better. I do not have the eye strain or the headaches anymore. I can't move my forehead at all, but I can lift my eyebrows a tiny bit. Now I am concerned about what may happen once the movement comes back. I was told, and had read on here before my own post, that after the Botox, you go back to looking the same. Now I am really concerned that I will look WORSE. I still feel getting this was a mistake, since no one can even tell the difference, and I feel fearful and a bit silly. My frown lines look great, and overall, people think I look young and attractive, so I suppose I cannot complain. But I don't think it was worth it. Are there any experiences out there where there might have been some similar effects, but they wore off? and were fine? Thanks again.
Droopybrows, I am so happy to hear that you have seen some of your side effects improve and you have some movement back. I apologise if my posts have made you feel anxious. I don't want to be negative but I think it is important to be honest, so this is a hard balance! On the positive side for you, this is the first time you have had botox so it will probably wear off pretty quickly - certainly more quickly than if you had botox several times before. From what I have read on this website, first-time botox fairly well wears off between about 18 and 24 weeks, depending on how much was administered. I consider that you had quite a lot of botox in your forehead, but others seem to think it was a normal amount, so who knows? Maybe you will see it wear off in 12 weeks, which has also been reported on this website. Hang in there, good luck and let us know how you are doing. Cheers, K
Hi Droopybrows, I had terrible side-effects from having 40 units injected in forehead and crows - including eye strain and droopy eyes. They eventually improved also. It was my first and last time. The movement started to come back at 14 weeks and was completely back by 17 weeks. I actually had people who know me well say that I looked tired for the first month! I enjoyed the botox for the last month but the hell I experienced initially was not worth it! I am 41 years old and don't feel like I have created any new wrinkles from my experience. Hang in there, it will wear off, and you will be fine. You can read my earlier posts for the details of my ordeal.
I think you (Drooping Eyebrows) and you too (tried but failed) should go back to your doctor and discuss your anxiety and frustration. Most of us do not like confrontation, but if we do not speak up, we do not get heard. It may work in your favor if you do, rather than suffer without them knowing. I am going for a second follow up because I am not happy, but my situation is not as bad as yours. I feel like I will be perceived as a pest, but, it's my body. Drooping Eyelids, I know the situation is delicate due to the fact that the doctor is a friend of the family's, but you shouldn't have to keep quiet about it. Perhaps there is something he or she can do. I know that more Botox (not that you want more injections) can be injected to other areas to promote lifting to a droopy/drooping eyelid. I hope the situation is resolving. It would be nice to get an update. You can also call Allergen with any questions about Botox (800) 433-8871. Also, check out their site: www.botoxcosmetic.com. Perhaps you can be guided in the right direction.
Hi Girl007 - I agree that it is not best to suffer in silence, and believe me I haven't been silent. When I realised that the botox effect had been so potentiated by the tetracycline antibiotics that I was taking at the time the botox was administered (prescribed by same doctor!), I reported it to Allergan, the FDA and the TGA, which is the Australian equivalent of the FDA. I have expressed my concerns and dissatisfaction to the doctor who made this horrible mistake both verbally and in writing. I have considered reporting it to our medical complaints board but I am a lawyer so I know that complaints about cosmetic procedures are not a priority for regulatory bodies. I have had consultations with other doctors who specialise in this field. My result is not one that can be tweaked or corrected with more botox, it is full facial drop. The only thing I can do is wait it out and hope for the best. 28 weeks and counting. Cheers, K
I have no problem with confrontation, but I can absolutely understand that Droopybrows might be reluctant to complain to her injector because of the family connection. That is a difficult and delicate situation indeed. Perhaps a consultation with a different doctor might be the answer?
I want to start by saying that I am not 'anti-botox'. I can see that a lot of people have great success with it. But I absolutely agree with uncool - the doctors should tell us the truth about side effects, possible bad aesthetic outcomes and how long the botox effect really lasts so that we can make an informed decision before agreeing to botox. I only know a lot about botox because I had a disaster - so I informed myself about botox because I needed to know what had gone so wrong. My research is extensive because I have a lot of time on my hands hiding at home. I write on this website because it makes this experience slightly less horrific to think I might be helping someone else in the same predicament. If I had been informed beforehand by my doctor that ANY of the bad things that happened to me from botox could happen then I would have said NO. Yesterday was 28 WEEKS since the botox disaster for me. That's SEVEN LONG MONTHS of looking and feeling horrible with no end in sight. WAITING FOR THIS BAD BOTOX EFFECT TO WEAR OFF IS THE MOST LONELY AND DEPRESSING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. It still upsets me every day and as time goes on I become more and more panicked that it is never going to wear off completely. It is clear that there will be permanent damage – loose skin, new wrinkles and wrinkles in places I shouldn’t have them because of the distortion in how my face moves. I think I will probably need a lower blepharoplasty too, but I am waiting until July this year (a full 12 months after the botox disaster) to make a decision about that. Who needs another disaster? After 28 weeks, I still have the puffy bags under my eyes, I still have the dropped cheeks, I still have the ghastly chipmunk smile, I still have the festoon under my left eye, I still have the exacerbated asymmetry etc, etc, etc. My skin is very, very loose now and when I make a facial expressions (especially smiling) all the loose skin gets pushed around my face by the muscles that still work over the muscles that still don’t work. The bunching of loose skin over deadened muscles is what is causing the new wrinkles. It is very obvious on my forehead and very obvious around my eyes. Most of the new lines on my forehead are horizontal because I can still move my eyebrows straight up but some of the new wrinkles on my forehead are DIAGONAL, because the 11s area is so frozen that trying to frown causes vertical/diagonal pulling lines that go all the way from my eyebrows to my hairline. This would not be the case if it wasn’t for botox so I absolutely know that these new wrinkles are because of botox. In the past seven months, there has been some improvement but my face has not 'lifted' to where it was pre-botox. I cannot make the same facial expressions that I used to. I have taken photos every Friday for seven months because I refuse to have anyone tell me that it is 'natural ageing' or not related to botox. The progressive photos clearly show that all the changes to my face are from the botox disaster. In fact, I can also tell the parts that ARE natural ageing and not related to botox - for example the deepening of the lines around my mouth. All the doctors say that botox always wears off leaving no change to your face after the effect is gone. The doctors say that any changes you see will only be natural ageing. I mean no disrespect, but THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE LIE. Keep in touch uncool. I don't write on this website as much as I used to because I thought by now I would have something more positive to say, but I don't. Because of that, I don't want to upset other people but I think it is really important to be honest about what happened to me so that others do not have unrealistic expectations about their own botox disasters. Cheers, K
This is exactly how I feel after having filler (radiesse) in my cheeks. I looked way better before, and I'm hoping it will wear off soon. I actually wanted something less long-lasting, but the esthetician kept pushing radiesse.
I have not had botox since May 17th of LAST YEAR. I have had difficulty opening my L eye in the am. It feels as if I am struggling it's such an effort. I have developed vertical wrinkles at the inner aspect of my L eye only. My left eye always feels irritated. I still have difficulty moving my eyebrows This is more than 1 year later!!! I don't know why but I still feel the effects of the botox Nd no surgeon can convince me otherwise!!
I agree with tried but failed. There are so many unhappy results from Botox (short and longterm) and most of them have not been recorded. I also have droopy eyelids and new horizontal wrinkles on my forehead and I did not have this before Botox. Having Botox is a complete gamble because it can either be a success or a complete disaster. I experienced the latter and it has now been 4 months since I had Botox and I'm still unhappy with the effects. Doctors should stop misleading people by telling them that Botox is harmeless and wears off after 3 months because that is far from the truth.
I too had the "droopy brows", although I thought it was a result of my forehead lines being smoothed out. There is a small crease where the line is and if you smooth that out the skin has to go somewhere. It will pass as the botox wears away, about 6 months total. I hesitate to ever have botox injections again due to this very problem. If you have something wrinkled and smooth it out that pushes everything some where and unfortunately with you and I that was down.
I respond to questions the best I can tried but failed. Please try and keep your comments to the question posted and not to the posters responding with their opinions or what has worked for them-thanks
I won't respond to another of your comments as it obviously bothers you. I have enough to worry about. However, the website is clearly set up so that people can respond to the review itself as well as reply to other people's comments below the review so as to generate discussion about issues raised in the review or by the comments themselves. You will see this occur all over RealSelf.
Tried but failed's responses were excellent. Why would you discourage that? That's kind of strange...
It's great that botox works for you but Droopybrow's personal experience with botox is not a good one. I realise this is only one website and there are many good outcomes with botox, but I think you might be underestimating the amount of adverse events with botox that there really are. In terms of bad aesthetic results from botox, only lid ptosis seems to be addressed as an adverse event. And the statistics vary as to how often this actually occurs. Other unfavourable cosmetic outcomes such as cheek ptosis, festoon formation, lowered brows, exacerbated asymmetry, drooling, affected speech, inablity to smile, crooked smile, puffiness around the eyes, skin damage etc etc are not officially recorded anywhere. Where is my bad result recorded? Where is Droopybrows? Nowhere. We are just two anecdotes on a website. It is important to remember that there is no obligation on a doctor to report a bad cosmetic outcome with botox so I would say that unfavourable aesthetic results from botox are at the very least believed to be less than they really are. There are also lots and lots of people who have no problems with botox for years only to eventually encounter a disaster. I wish you continued success with botox as you are very happy with your results.
I am certainly no doctor only going by my experiance. When placed in the wrong area on the brow the eyebrows will drop. Placed, of course in the correct area it can lift the brow-that is what I have done. 45 units is not that much unless you are saying that all of those units were placed around the hairline. Sorry its hard to tell by your review exactly where they went. Botox does wear off so that is a plus when things don't work out the way they should. I know your situation is different since it is a family memeber. To give you an idea on my very first Botox trip I got 65 units-that was spread out between glab. crows feet-lower forhead a few around the mouth, I am 45. I hope this resolves quickly for you. I know there are many bad stories about Botox-but this is a tiny number on this little site compared to the actual number of people treated each year. Also, not sure how long it has been for you but I continue to get results from Botox for up to two weeks after treatment. Wish you the best.
I also think you were given way too much botox in your forehead. You could be looking at about 6 months before it starts to wear off. I had a small amount of botox in the forehead (less than ten units) but the effect was potentiated by the antibiotics I was taking at the time so it took on the effect of a very large amount of botox. Kind of like yours. I had similar symptoms to you (headaches, eye strain etc etc etc) that persisted for some months. My brows did not drop as much as yours but my eyes became very small, sunken and beady with puffiness in the upper eye lid. It has been exactly 26 weeks today since the botox. The horizontal lines on my forehead are now worse than they were before because I can move my eyebrows up and down but I still can't frown at all. You will find that your very tight skin will gradually loosen up, which will feel weird at first. Certain parts of your forehead will start to move before others depending on how much botox was put in each place. This is the time that you run the risk of creating new lines by trying to make facial movements against the muscles that are still paralysed. Unfortunately, the reflex to make facial movements is hard to stop and when some of my forehead unfroze I did move it and that is why I now have more horizontal lines than I did before. Before botox I had one above my left eyebrow. Now I have 9. Also, I now have diagonal lines. Resist this urge to 'wear it off' with movement as you will probably end up looking worse after it has worn off like I will. Have a look at the Tua Viso from www.tinarichards.com - you won't be able to use it for some time and it is pretty pricey but you might find it useful in building up and retraining your forehead muscles when the botox wears off. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Cheers