Can't Wait Till Dec 16th - New York

Hi Everyone! I'm 19 years old, 5'2",...

Hi Everyone! I'm 19 years old, 5'2", and have always been very, very full-busted. It runs in the family and has always been a love-hate relationship for me. I'd been playing for the idea of getting a BR for a couple of years when I decided to schedule a consultation for September 15th.

Ultimately what did it was the fact that my 36F's make exercising the most awful experience on earth - the shoulder and upper back pain, as well as the grooves in my shoulders and severe headaches, has made me hate exercising more than ever and has made me unable to lose the weight I've gained from avoiding exercise.

Today, my procedure was scheduled for December 16th, so I can do the surgery during winter break from college. My doc says that he's seen girls my age have the surgery on Friday and go back to school on Tuesday- I just worry that I won't be able to wear a normal bra to school and that I may still feel discomfort at the point (based on the experiences I've read about on these forums & others) so I decided winter break would be the best time.

I'm trying to lose some weight before the surgery, but am hoping that afterwards it will be a lot easier for me to succeed in that realm. I just can't wait for the day when I can walk into a store and buy a pretty bra and not have to order some massive harness-type thing online, haha!

You're going to feel so much better after this! And have your choice of cutie little bras and swimsuit tops. I'm looking forward to following your journey. Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf.

Hi Corinnabee.
You will be so happy with the results. I wish I had done it when I was your age. I'm 40 and just had my surgery about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I went from a 34H to what I hope will eventually be a 34C, though I'm still about a DD (but that is still an improvement!)
Wanted to let you know that I was in a Bandini sports bra a week later and it felt good and since you really don't need a bra...because you are sooooo very perky...noone really knows the difference. I know, it's hard for girls like us to understand, but a simple bra is sufficient!
Good luck!
First of all, congratulations on your successful surgery! Glad to hear that you are happy with the results and can't wait to be in that same boat! I have seen bandini bras before and can't imagine being able to get enough support from one of those - but I trust your advice and can't wait to be able to pull that off! Thanks for the good wishes!

I forgot to mention in my review that my goal size...

I forgot to mention in my review that my goal size is full C/small D! I am glad I scheduled my procedure well in advance, but waiting is torturous!!! I am so anxious!
Forgot to mention i'm 21 and have always had big breasts. Runs in one side of the family.
You are going to be thrilled!! Surgery recovery wasn't bad. I was back at the gym doing cardio a week later. Went back to work 2.5 weeks after surgery. You picked a great time. Might as well give yourself time to heal. I'm at 6 months post-surgery and I can't even remember what it was like to have big boobs. Lol!!!
Thanks for the welcome, Angie! I'm so excited for surgery day to get here - it's still so far away!

My pre-op has been scheduled for December 5! What...

My pre-op has been scheduled for December 5! What should I expect?! I'm so excited - I have so many questions all of a sudden. Can't wait!!! The nervousness is just kicking in....am starting to get all of these concerns about how the surgery will make me feel about my new image...will my body look all weird and out of proportion? I just can't wait to get it over with and see the results!!!
My whole family is large-chested - both sides of it, haha! Can't wait to be the first to stop that trend =)
Thanks for the advice/encouragement =) How long until you can wear an underwire bra?
My doctor said he preferred I waited 4 or 5 months. You don't really need the underwire for support but I do think they make your boobs more shapely. Plus they are prettier bras.

I am currently 2 weeks out and am so, so happy...

I am currently 2 weeks out and am so, so happy with the results. The swelling and pain are both minimal - the size is near perfect and they really just look so great. I had my stitches out this morning and after that, feel even less tightness and pain. Really, really cannot adequately express how happy I am to have done this. Dr. Newman did an amazing job and his staff has been absolutely wonderful as well! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone interested in this procedure. I couldn't have found a better team to help me through this!
Congratulations on such a successful surgery! Glad you are so happy :-)
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Newman and his staff (Kerri, Deann, and Christine) have been so absolutely wonderful to undergo this breast reduction process with. Not only did my surgery go wonderfully, the whole group is so supportive and have made me feel so comfortable and at ease. They made it so that I didn't have to feel nervous at all! Everything has gone so smoothly -- I am currently 2 weeks out and already most of the swelling has gone done and you can see how amazing the results are. Dr. Newman and his staff as a whole are clearly a well oiled machine who love what they do and do a fantastic job at it!