My Breasts Grew Bigger 10 Months After Reduction - New York

I had my breasts reduced 10 months ago. A week...

I had my breasts reduced 10 months ago. A week after the surgery( with the swelling) I was a D, though I wanted a small C,and I am now a DD going on a DDD, to top it all the left one is visibly much bigger then the right one. I know you say that it is impossible for the breasts to grow back, well in my case they did. Before my surgery I was a 32 J and weighed 145LBS measuring 5,8 inches, now I weigh 136 Lbs so I lost weight right? How come my old bras purchased immediately following the surgery don't fit anymore like they did before. What can I do? Can I have a second reduction, liposuction Will the insurance cover it. My back, neck and shoulder pain have come back. I am miserable. Please tell me what to do.

After reading this post and a few other posts similar to this one, I noticed that women like us with H cup breasts and bigger seem to have our breasts grow back after having breast reduction surgery. Thank you so much Natalie1982. You are 100% correct! This would be my first time ever having major surgery. Breast reduction surgery is a major medical operation and every time you go under the knife you are putting your life at risk. Surgery is not without risk and don't let any physician tell you otherwise. So true.... Oh and I am going to research "breast reduction and regrowth." I am so sorry East Meadow. Your ordeal was definitely not worth your pain and suffering. I am going to rethink breast reduction surgery for now.
Hi, I had a breast reduction 2 weeks ago. I was a 32JJ/K and the surgeon told me he would take me down to a 32 DD/E...which I was happy with. Two days after the surgery he came to see me and told me it went well and I should buy a bra in a size 36E/F until the swelling goes down, but when I went to buy some bras, I was in the store over an hour and then realised my left boob was larger than the other. I ended up with 4 bras that didn't fit me, and now i'm wearing one of my old 32JJ bras, which is a little big but more comfortable than the others. I feel so down. I know its early days but even one of my nipples looks like its falling in while the othe one is raised. I can't even look at them in the mirror, I feel like a freak. : (
Hi im browsing around and noticed your post and wonder how you are doing now? have you gotten comfy with your new size or did you have redo? ,i think a J to a D is fabulous! i hope all is well!
I had a baby 7 months ago and I am now the same size as you (36HH cup). Before having my baby I was wearing a FF cup bra and was considering having breast reduction surgery. Thank God I did my research! I discovered that some women after having breast reduction surgery will grow back to the same size as before the surgery and some have loss of sensation in the nipple area. I also saw the scars on women after the operation, so I decided not to pursue breast reduction surgery. Oh and one last thing... Remember that breast reduction surgery is a major medical operation and every time you go under the knife you are putting your life at risk. Surgery is not without risk and don't let any physician tell you otherwise.

Google this...
Breast Reduction and ReGrowth
Hi Natalie,

I can see why you are fearful of having the surgery, but first I must say that my scars have faded greatly since the surgery. I guess it depends on the person and their skin. As far as them growing back I have heard that a lot too and I am proof of that although they didn't go back to a J cup but they grew some, maybe a double D. However my mother in law and 2 of my friends had it done they were a DD cup and they all went down to a B cup and never had a complaint since it's been over 12 years. The loss of nipple sensation happens very rarely. My surgeon didn't cut my nipple he just removed the extra skin around the aureola to prevent the exact thing from happening to me. I know the surgery is risky and major but I must tell you the back, neck and shoulder pain is very aggravating and unbearable. I am trying to delay having to go under the knife again for as much as I can but I got to tell you it's hard in every aspect.
Thanks for taking the time to write a comment I really appreciate your concerns and will take them into consideration.
Have a great one and congratulations on the new baby.
so sorry you went through that, they look better than the before pic and definitely smaller but I see your point about one being noticeably bigger than the other one. This doctor should do a re-vision and not just blow it off the way he is doing. Looks like he might have not taken off enough and definitely took off more from one side than the other. My breast reduction is tomorrow and I am going from a 36DD to a hopefully 36C but afraid he will leave me too small which I don't want either! Hang in there and don't give up! It's so easy to give up and harder to keep up the fight for justice! I think your better off making the bigger one symmetrical to the other and leaving them at that. Also, check if some hormonal imbalance is causing them to grow back so quickly this is worth checking into!
Thank you very much for your kind words. Good luck on your surgery and enjoy your nice C cups! So help me God, by next year I should be a C cup!
If I could I would gladly give you half of mine cause unfortunately they are still not fixed. I am going to see another plastic surgeon cause the one who did this to me swears they are perfect even my OBGYN thinks they are much better compared to the way they were before, well, tell that to my back.
Thanks for posting your comment.
I hope you are able to get this fixed. Not being a big boobie gal I am jealous but too big is too big.

It looks almost more like a lift than a reduction, though you are visibly smaller. I truly hope you're able to get down to a size you're more comfortable with!

My sentiments exactly! I do hope to have them brought down to a C cup, What am I talking about? That's what I wanted originally, but after this experience I think I want a small B cup.

B's are nice!   I have come to love that size.
from the look of your pics you are still really large! What the heck?? Your doctor did a very poor job of this procedure you should not have to pay for this procedure to be done again he should have done it right the first time! He is liable for this and you have to hold him accountable don't allow yourself to be bullied by these doctors who have a God-complex going on of being untouchable. First take it up with him explain thorougly what you are unhappy about and if he doesn't offer to make it right report him to the BBB and the board of cosmetic surgeons. You have a very solid and obvious case here. Don't let him get away with it or the rest of us will be taken advantage of.
Thank you! I won't let him get away with.

Have you gone back to your doctor to talk to him about this?   I would start with that and maybe even a second or third opinion if necessary.

I have heard of this happening with women due to hormones etc.

Check out this link.

Yes, I went back to the doctor and he had the nerve to tell me that he didn't notice any difference, when my husband, relatives, and friends can see it right away. I am going to schedule an appointment with my gynecologist tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Oh now that was nice of him!!!

That would be a god start with your Gyne.   From there I would start researching some other doctors in your area and be persistent.  You need to be and deserve to be totally happy with your results.
That's what I'm thinking too, after having gone through so much pain, I wanted to be able to walk to a store and pick up any bra that I really like and be gone. It took me an hour and a half to find one bra that fits. I don't want to have to wear custom made bras anymore. Most of all my poor back can't take it anymore.