"Loving the new Me!" - New York

After waiting 2 years to get my BBL, I finally got...

After waiting 2 years to get my BBL, I finally got my lipo and fat transfer (BBL)done on March 24, 2011. It's funny because as the days got nearer to my surgery date, I was not the least bit nervous. I had a great doctor in NYC, his staff was unbelievably awesome.

I always had a square shape and no rear. When I went for my consultation, Doctor T first spoke with me and explained the entire procedure, including healing process and what to expect as I healed. He was honest and upfront about everything. He was then opened to answer any questions I had. His staff are great!

The day of the surgery my doctor made me feel comfortable, he has a great sense of humor and had me laughing all the way until I was knocked out. I had lipo done on my upper abs, flanks and lower back. I had 750cc's put in each cheek. When I woke up I felt pretty good. I remember someone sticking a cookie in my mouth and having me sip on some diet gingerale. Doctor T's bedside manners were outstanding.

The first two nights was not too bad, I was very sore and bruised, thankfully my bruises went away in 4 days. Amazingly, I did not take any pain meds (Viocodin) I did take Tylenol 3 times, that's it. I didn't get naseous. On day two I did feel light headed, but once I layed down I was fine. I didn't have much of an appetite, but mom and sis (who took care of me) made sure I put something in my stomach. I was fine going to the bathroom as well (doing both 1 & 2).

Today marks my 3rd week post op. I sleep pretty good and wake up feeling sore, but after I am up and walking and shower I feel great! I walk a lot as well. I definately see a huge difference. I now have a waist and shelf. I must say however, I am a little concern with the rear bottom part because although I have a shelf and hips now, the bottom part of my butt seems a bit flat. After reading some reviews and seeing my doctor's assistant, I hear that in time it will drop and form nicely.

Today I am still sore around my abs and waist area and am still swollen but love my new look. I have gotten a lot of compliments from people at work that do not know I had this procedure done.

I would definately recoommend this procedure to those of you who want a butt.

I am waiting till I am fully healed to post some pics up. I am sorry I don't have any b4 pics, only my doctor does.

Thanks for reading!

Going on Week 4 - feeling great, still sore,...

Going on Week 4 - feeling great, still sore, especially in the mornings. I am also still swollen, not as much, but can tell on my lower back (above butt). I have been getting a lot of compliment from co-workers and friends. I haven't weighed myself yet, but will soon. Prior to surgery I was a size 12. Yesterday bought a pair of pants size 8!!! My butt looks good. It's still a little high up and rounded on top, as it goes lower, it seems like it's a bit flatter, however, when I am in my clothes I look pretty good because I have a shelf.

Okay so tomorrow makes 5 weeks post op, I'm...

Okay so tomorrow makes 5 weeks post op, I'm feeling good. I am still a bit swollen in my belly area and my lower back. I believe, and per my sister, my butt is dropping. I still wake up a bit sore in the mornings and throughout the day feel sore mostly in my mid section, but I get up go to the bathroom (at work) and massage myself in the areas where I feel soreness from time-to-time. I am still seeing that the bottom of my butt is a little flatter than rounder, I hope that this will change. I do however, have a shelf. I am posting two pics I took yesterday evening on my cell phone. I don't have b4 pics, my doc has those. I will try to get them next time I see him.

Thanks for reading!

So today makes 6 weeks post op. I'm feeling good....

So today makes 6 weeks post op. I'm feeling good. I still feel sore when I wake up, but for the most part good. At times when I get home from work and take off my compression garment I an still see the swelling on my lower back and my abs. I like the way I look in my clothes, especially skirts and dresses.

Not sure if it's me, but I think I can see my butt getting a bit rounder now, so I am happy. I will try to post pics up soon.

Thnks for reading!

Hello my RealSelf Friends! Today marks my 7th...

Hello my RealSelf Friends! Today marks my 7th week post op and I am feeling great! I still wear my compression garment, however, I don't sleep with it. I wear it to work and throughout most of the day but at nite the dam thing comes off. I can see that my butt is dropping a bit and it's getting more rounder, however I still see it a little flatter towards the botton. The swelling from my abs is going down too. I still have swelling on my lower back. During my evening shower, I massage the areas on my stomach that I feel lumpy and I do the same thing in the mornings, and I see a big difference. My waist is small, I LOVE IT. I still feel tender in some areas of my back and sides. I bought a new pair of jeans yesterday (Skinny jeans size 8)!! I love the way I look now. I still get a lot of compliments. I can't wait to hit the 3 month mark to see what my final results are going to be.

I am posting a pic I took this morning with my cell. I still have to get my b4 pics from my PS, hopefully soon.

Thanks for reading!!!

Well today I officially make 2 months post op. I...

Well today I officially make 2 months post op. I am feeling great. I am still a bit sore around my ab area and lower back, but not as much as last month. I can see my butt getting a bit more rounder as well. I love the way I look in dresses more than pants. It's out there, lol! I will be going to a GALA first week in June and bought a beautiful gown that shows off my curves. I will take pics and will post soon!

Thanks for reading!

Hello RealSelf readers!...so yesterday I made my...

Hello RealSelf readers!...so yesterday I made my 11th week post op. I feel great. Still a little sore around waist area and back, but not as bad. I am happy with my results and still looking forward for the 24th of June, which will make my 3rd month post op. Many of my friends and family tell me that I look great...and I feel great. I love the way my new clothes fit me, especially skirts and dresses. I added two more new pics taken yesterday. I still haven't gone to my PS to get my b4 pics, but I promise I will.

Dr. Douglas Taranow

Hey, could you give us a one-year update on your new backside? I think we are all curious on how things are after such a long time has passed. Thanks!
Hey, Nezzy I wanted to know how you've been doing you look great! You're swelling should be completely gone now and I wanted to know how the bottom of your butt worked out you were concerned with it Does it look better now? Are you still loving your results?
you look great! what did u do preop to only take tylenol post op?i really dnt want to take heavy meds after.im researching and really want this bbl.after five babies i have lost my feminine shape.at one time i had a beautifl dancer shape.:( not anymore not even with exercising
Just wanted to know does your bum feel natural and soft or is it hard and stiff I really want this bbl but it wont be a point if it doesn't jiggle
hey sexxyNezzy where did u go im looking to have mine done verryyy soon and im in
NY NY help!!!
SexxyNezzy Your results are fabulous. Your pics., story and review of Dr. Taranow has put him in up there on my short list of surgeons I will be consulting with. My question is who else did you consult with...I was thinking about Dr. Lefkowitz and Shafer (but his consultation alone is $200 and his pictures on his website are not impressive enough for me to MAYBE see some good ones in his office). Happy Healing :)
Hey girlie! Have you popped out at the bottom a little bit? i can tell i dropped a lot. i look really good in dresses. im three months post op tomorrow, cant believe it. i kept a lot of the volume so thats cool, still having issues with this belly. i have a appointment next week, so i will keep u updated.
Hi Girl2 so sorry I am reasponded so late. I am happy with my results, it did drop, but girl I want the bottom a bit bigger! LOL...I do receive a lot of compliments. Thanks for keeping in touch. I should put recent pics up.
SexxyNezzy!! Girl we are in the same boat. The bottome is not big enough to me either. I have my appointment next week and I'm going to let my doctor know whats up, they said they will do touchup. I need the underbra strap lipoed and put into my butt. However, my shape is waay better than it was, I'm really happy, just want minor revisions. I also came to the conclusion that I will need a tummy tuck. I had three kids and was hoping the lipo would work, but with the skin still a little strecthy I can use the tummy tuck and then I'm finished! I cant wait to get this all over with. I'm for surely get more fat added to the bottom and sides of my butt!
You look great...Congratulations!!

11th week pics look FAB! Congrats.

Thank you Sharon, I feel wonderful!
You look amazing sexy nezzy!
THANK YOU LANIE!
You look good girlfriend!!!!
THANK YOU GIRL!
looks great! any tips on not being able to use your butt lol you know what i mean bathroom/sleeping on it sitting anything will help
oh and how much did you doc say you kept of your cc's?thnaks
I only took a week and 2 days off, my job requires me to sit, so I sat however, putting the pressure behind my thighs and kind of lifting my butt in the air. I got up and walked every hour. I got 750 cc's in each butt cheek.

I love it!I'm about to start saving for mine. doing research on drs. now before I have a consultation. u look great. I'll b checking back in with u in a few months to c how your doing :)

Veve80, good luck to you hon. Yes, it is important to do your research first. I don't regret my surgery, I'm loving the new me! Good luck to you and thank you for reading :-)
Hey SexxyNezzy, you look great! Dont see why you think you need a second round of BBL cause you look fab!! Take care.
Hi MsPinky, I guess it was because of the not so roundness towards the bottom. But I guess as time goes by, my transformation keeps improving. I love the new me!
Looking hot booboo!!! I bet you're stopping traffic, naw wait, causing car wrecks with that booty! :) :) :)
Hey mama, thank you so much. I feel so beautiful, I feel complete. You look great yourself girl.